Is it just me?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Moose_Sausage #1 Posted Sep 19 2019 - 23:16

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28749 battles
  • [CDEV] CDEV
Or does it seem like a lot more people are deserting before the start of the games as soon as they see the xvm stats?

Markd73 #2 Posted Sep 19 2019 - 23:18

Major

• Players
  • 32795 battles

Hopefully not as this is a violation of the EULA. Anyone who does that should get a ban/sanction for screwing over the rest of the players on their side.

Note - I realize the irony of saying "players on their side" as this game is mostly 1 vs 29.

Edited by Markd73, Sep 19 2019 - 23:18.

SymbiosisBC #3 Posted Sep 19 2019 - 23:53

Major

• Players
  • 19740 battles

View PostMoose_Sausage, on Sep 19 2019 - 15:16, said:

Or does it seem like a lot more people are deserting before the start of the games as soon as they see the xvm stats?

Could it have been because of the Alienware contest?  Players who didn't like being bottom- or mid-tier, so they just dropped out and tried another battle with a different tank?

Yes, I know the contest is over, but players who are frantically chasing a prize may not be the type to pay attention to little details like the ending date.

Either that — or perhaps they're not shouting "For RUSSIA!" every time they hit 'Battle'.  I do, and I always go into battle.

jeremy1992 #4 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 00:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 16771 battles
  • [CR506] CR506
When you see 4 defenders on a t8 match on the enemy and you are bottom tier doesnt seems a bad thing...

Edited by jeremy1992, Sep 20 2019 - 00:20.

heavymetal1967 #5 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 00:51

Major

• Players
  • 72548 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Haven't noticed it, but just got done with FL yesterday so haven't been playing much randoms till now this week.

Dishonest_John #6 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 01:11

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7529 battles
  • [BIBLE] BIBLE

View PostMarkd73, on Sep 19 2019 - 17:18, said:

Hopefully not as this is a violation of the EULA. Anyone who does that should get a ban/sanction for screwing over the rest of the players on their side.

Note - I realize the irony of saying "players on their side" as this game is mostly 1 vs 29.

They do get a sanction - zero xp and zero silver

Can you link to the violation of the EULA that specifically covers this?

Markd73 #7 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 02:09

Major

• Players
  • 32795 battles

View PostDishonest_John, on Sep 20 2019 - 00:11, said:

They do get a sanction - zero xp and zero silver

Can you link to the violation of the EULA that specifically covers this?

Ah I may have been technically wrong. Not entirely sure this is specifically the EULA and may just be a supplemental rule/policy.

https://na.wargaming.../article/19186/

TLWiz #8 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 02:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 22143 battles
  • [DSSRT] DSSRT

You can certainly report them for inaction/bot.  Just played a game where a T-34 on my team never moved, but we won without his help.

Pro Tip: use the restroom before you click Battle.

Edited by TLWiz, Sep 20 2019 - 02:15.

1ST_AD_Abrams #9 Posted Sep 25 2019 - 08:27

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3891 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Honestly I have only seen suicides like driving out into deep water or intentionally falling off a cliff.  I have seen AFK.  However someone leaving a game just before it starts, no - unless the afk tank represents them.

I occasionally run into a problem with the client loading and I don't get in till as long as 30 seconds since the actual battle started, not the countdown.

I have also had the client fail to load the map and leaves me at the lineup screen showing who is whose team and what tank they are using and where WG gives you tips.  In those cases I have had to force close of the game and the WG client.  Then restart the client, connect and then it takes me to that loading screen of listing of teams and WG tip, and then into the battle.  One time I got back with a dead tank, another time with 2/3 of my hp gone.

I try to notify my team as to why if I crashed loading or delayed in response/movement so they know I am not afk.  So I would be shocked to see such an act.  It wouldn't surprise me with what I have seen but to date, I haven't seen anything like that.

dunniteowl #10 Posted Sep 25 2019 - 16:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 31363 battles

Feels, man, feeeeels.

It's been awful for the past few weeks, but I seriously doubt XVM played into that any more than it ever does.  The playerbase is not RIFE with folks running mods.  I'd honestly believe that the % of the base using XVM is at or around 30%; and I think I'm being generous.

The difference is that most folks that will run mods also tend to be more internet active, which means that they will generally find the forums and communicate here where a VAST number of players never realize the forums are even here.  After all, the other day, a Console player logged into these forums, asking about Proving Grounds and his join date was newer than the Proving Grounds being removed here in the PC version.  His first post.  After playing the game for almost 3 years.

How many of those do we see on a regular basis here?  People pop in, ask a question and are never seen or heard from again.  They want to play and not jaw on the forums.  Those players are the majority of the base and the majority of those folks have no idea that they can even run mods.

So the last few weeks have just been worse than usual and I attribute that to the Impossible Missions that are being placed into the Tank Rewards system.  A lot of events are so situational that I think some folks are just going, "Nope, not gonna happen on this map," and just bounce.

As an example, in the Tank Rewards tier I level I am merely 450 points from completing it.  It's been going on for like two weeks now.  If I really cared about the Missions, I might have the attitude that I was just going to exit this one and start another that gave me a better chance.  It's called 'looking for advantage' and pretty much everyone does it to some degree, limited only by imagination and ethical filters.

The weekends have been really hard, and now that school's back in session, this means weekends and late evenings are going to be populated by a lot of folks with a LOT LESS PATIENCE than us older, less excitable types.  

My advice?

Patience and awareness that this is a temporary thing and try to avoid creating the aura of some sort of "event" going on behind the scenes.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Sep 25 2019 - 16:10.

1ST_AD_Abrams #11 Posted Sep 26 2019 - 04:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3891 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

I gave up on the tank rewards for this month, too many things you have to make sure you are doing from tank and tier type to what needs to be done.  I like the the choice of tanks and knowing that there is a 4th option, the 7 (I think it was 7) days of prem.  However I had to start up the lt tree and the medium tree and there was the path to conqueror so I have spent so much time on the british tank tech tree that I just couldn't afford to spend excessive time on the rewards and then find out that the twitch prime missions and their rewards actually started before the month or started on the first day of the month (I had decided to wait till about the 13th to claim, because of all activities only to find out it doesn't run the whole month).

For me all games are a toss up, even when I am the one 2 tiers above.  So I guess I don't or you don't have to worry about me leaving the match based on what is there, if so, guess I would never play a match.

BTW I use the aslain modpack, but I never get the install correct as I fix one thing only to have something else not work.

ChaseR392 #12 Posted Sep 26 2019 - 06:40

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8321 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Sep 25 2019 - 16:06, said:

It's been awful for the past few weeks, but I seriously doubt XVM played into that any more than it ever does.  The playerbase is not RIFE with folks running mods.  I'd honestly believe that the % of the base using XVM is at or around 30%; and I think I'm being generous.

I agree... it's been really rough the last few weeks. I've quit playing in disgust more times than I care to admit, and spent nearly as many nights destroying hard won gains trying to "end the night with a win".

I've haven't seen an uptick in the people deserting games due to XVM... that seems to be pretty steady.

I have seen a huge increase in people who are just flat out AFK or just intentionally sand-bagging.... with no reasons given. I don't subscribe to any of the tin foil hat-ery around here so I can't offer any opinions to why.... I can only say the problem has been affecting all tiers and it is being done by players of all skill levels.

dunniteowl #13 Posted Sep 26 2019 - 14:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 31363 battles

View PostChaseR392, on Sep 25 2019 - 23:40, said:

I agree... it's been really rough the last few weeks. I've quit playing in disgust more times than I care to admit, and spent nearly as many nights destroying hard won gains trying to "end the night with a win".

I've haven't seen an uptick in the people deserting games due to XVM... that seems to be pretty steady.

I have seen a huge increase in people who are just flat out AFK or just intentionally sand-bagging.... with no reasons given. I don't subscribe to any of the tin foil hat-ery around here so I can't offer any opinions to why.... I can only say the problem has been affecting all tiers and it is being done by players of all skill levels.

Guilty.

OvO

Trakks #14 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 08:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3801 battles
Yes, there are players who will quit back to garage, suicide, hide in a corner or even resort to griefing their own team if they think there is no chance to win. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users