• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

__WarChild__ #1 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 04:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 32484 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Howdy Tankers,

Question: When Wargaming introduces something simple that the players really enjoy, what do they do next?

Answer: They over-complicate it, nerf the rewards and/or turn it into a grind.

We've all seen it with Frontlines, tank marathons, etc.  When it comes to Tank Rewards, I was really excited when they announced it was returning.  Mainly because I had purchased some VERY BAD lower tier tanks when they went on sale so that I could reap the Gold rewards later on.  But that's when I learned that not only would there be NO GOLD with TR 2.0, but there'd be no credits and apparently NO SOUP for me either.  Oh well, at least the new Tank Rewards was straightforward and fairly easy to obtain.  But then Wargaming did what they always do...:facepalm:

This current version of Tank Rewards has poor rewards (2 national flags?  Really?  just TWO???) with not only MORE missions than the first 2 TRs but harder missions to boot (with fewer points per).  I've been ignoring them this whole time, but I just checked my ranking and I'm 385 points away from the first reward - and I play every day, a bunch.  Can't imagine what others have who only get on a little at a time.

In my opinion, they should just remove Tank Rewards all together or at least change the name to something like "Possible Stuff."  Because without Gold or meaningful rewards, it's just more clutter in my Missions tab for no good reason.  So I say TAKE IT ALL AWAY and let's be done with it.  No one is going to be clamoring for a return of THIS Tank Rewards anyway...

My 2 cents.

__WarChild__

GenPanzer #2 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 04:12

Major

• Players
  • 44832 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT

It's one month. Calm down. They said it was a "mistake" or something. Either way, their metrics will tell them that it was a bad idea, when they see how little players got in progress, and maybe even played less because of it.

Let's hope they don't make the same mistake twice.

NeroGermanicus #3 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 04:25

Captain

• -Players-
  • 53044 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP
I did a poll on this and I think only 1 person said they were actually trying to complete the missions for TW! I have 350 points and really could not give a flying fart if I get anymore! As stated above they are the only group of people that could take something fun and destroy it! Maybe it's a Russian thing? Maybe that is why they drink so much vodka? Maybe that is why they have a populace that does not care if they die as long as they get some excitement out of life by doing stupid things?

tod914 #4 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 04:26

Major

• Players
  • 64658 battles
For myself, the only incentive to do it was the blueprints.  No longer an incentive.

Zanarkand_C #5 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 04:27

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 36019 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

That's what I'm saying they put in these really REALLY drawn out missions/events. They do it in such a fashion that even if you enjoy this game a lot and play A LOT you still get handicap on what you can finish cause they want you to play tomorrow... and the next day and the next day.... and so on.

It literally effects everyone in the game and it's crappy that WG does this. I recently seen some people post that they are leaving the game because it has become a chore. Some great examples are;

-If you're someone who doesn't play a lot maybe a few games a day WG adds these missions (like the ticket missions) where you only get a single ticket from a game and you need to play 7 times to get all the rewards.

-If you're someone who does play a lot they add missions where you might only be able to complete a single stage in a day....

It's trash, they shouldn't put handicaps of any kind on the missions.

Volcanic_lobster_220 #6 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 04:33

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8459 battles
God i'm losing my mind over this month's Tank Rewards, Jambijon said there was indeed an error with the point calculations and it was NOT supposed to be like this, they're supposedly working on a fix but that was like 2 weeks ago when he said it, no idea IF it is coming or WHEN......facepalm WG :facepalm:

__WarChild__ #7 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 04:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 32484 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostVolcanic_lobster_220, on Sep 19 2019 - 21:33, said:

God i'm losing my mind over this month's Tank Rewards, Jambijon said there was indeed an error with the point calculations and it was NOT supposed to be like this, they're supposedly working on a fix but that was like 2 weeks ago when he said it, no idea IF it is coming or WHEN......facepalm WG :facepalm:

Even with a point calculation error, the decision to nerf the rewards even more and add a bunch of unnecessary stuff just shows that adding Tank Rewards to WGNA's plate is just TOO MUCH.  

bad_73 #8 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 04:46

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1513 battles
Maybe its an effort to get rid of the server overload ,by getting less players on,we get when we try to connect.Its the wg way after all.

heavymetal1967 #9 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 04:58

Major

• Players
  • 72506 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

OK it's free stuff, but only "free" from a time spent standpoint - at least as far as I'm concerned.  Point being keep that in mind for the context of this post.

This month from a time spent standpoint...  :D  no thanks WG.

And the no compensation for the tanks (even silver) is a definite downgrade.  But hey it's free stuff and the relative ease of the grind and the blueprints made it worthwhile.

Then last month it got really worthwhile as they were even easier to complete, especially from a new(er) player standpoint.  And the prints were still nice for us old salts.

Then this month they dropped the ball imo.

Personally I'll just pass on them.  The tanks weren't incentive and while the blueprints are nice I'm not missing them either.

The issue I have is how clueless or apathetic (it's one of the other) are they to think this current one is worth not only our time, but their time to be honest.   Then how about a glaring lack of supervision and quality control.  When this got upchained who in the hell let it pass muster? 

Then consider the potential the event has for newer players that just got trashed with the changes.   Honestly it was a better event for new players than older ones from a reward standpoint which is fine as it benefits all of us in the long run.  Especially last month.  Then they did a 180 with it. 

But hopefully they now "get it". 

View PostJambijon, on Sep 11 2019 - 18:43, said:

Apologies for the lack of an immediate response from us regarding the unrealistic grind with this month's TR.  There was definitely a mistake when the calculations were made and we have received tons of feedback which is greatly appreciated since it helps us expedite the work for a solution.  Once we've confirmed everything is in working order we'll update everyone on exactly what will happen as soon as we can.  Also, codes aren't the answer.

Blocksupstudios #10 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 05:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13225 battles

the MT, TD, and LT missions are easily doable, though the HT one requires some luck and RNG on your side. the big problem is that the points given out aren't very rewarding and feels more of a chore to do, even though they really aren't.

also feeling bad for the players who don't own tier 9-10s, the point grinding is even worse for them

Gothraul #11 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 05:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 2426 battles
This is how they killed the tournaments years back by first nerfing the rewards then later by making it to where no one wanted to do them, it all came down to making it to where people had to pay for what they used to be able to earn in game for free. In WG the saying that the other hand doesn't know what the other is doing is the reality.

heavymetal1967 #12 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 05:02

Major

• Players
  • 72506 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostBlocksupstudios, on Sep 20 2019 - 00:00, said:

the MT, TD, and LT missions are easily doable, though the HT one requires some luck and RNG on your side. the big problem is that the points given out aren't very rewarding and feels more of a chore to do, even though they really aren't.

also feeling bad for the players who don't own tier 9-10s, the point grinding is even worse for them

This especially.  Someone did the math and without 9 or 10s you won't get very far.  Maybe not even to tier two.  I can't recall, but for sure it's not doable for newer players which is just :facepalm: on WGs part imo.

Carde #13 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 05:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 60137 battles
  • [PRGY] PRGY
I havent even unlocked tier 1. LOL.

Avalon304 #14 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 07:04

Major

• Players
  • 23416 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

"WAAHHHH! This free stuff that I get for just playing the game that I was going to play anyway isnt good enough and should be better! WAHHH! Just delete it!"

Much entitlement here.

ObrumPL #15 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 08:08

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18956 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2

View Post__WarChild__, on Sep 19 2019 - 20:00, said:

Howdy Tankers,

Question: When Wargaming introduces something simple that the players really enjoy, what do they do next?

Answer: They over-complicate it, nerf the rewards and/or turn it into a grind.

We've all seen it with Frontlines, tank marathons, etc.  When it comes to Tank Rewards, I was really excited when they announced it was returning.  Mainly because I had purchased some VERY BAD lower tier tanks when they went on sale so that I could reap the Gold rewards later on.  But that's when I learned that not only would there be NO GOLD with TR 2.0, but there'd be no credits and apparently NO SOUP for me either.  Oh well, at least the new Tank Rewards was straightforward and fairly easy to obtain.  But then Wargaming did what they always do...:facepalm:

This current version of Tank Rewards has poor rewards (2 national flags?  Really?  just TWO???) with not only MORE missions than the first 2 TRs but harder missions to boot (with fewer points per).  I've been ignoring them this whole time, but I just checked my ranking and I'm 385 points away from the first reward - and I play every day, a bunch.  Can't imagine what others have who only get on a little at a time.

In my opinion, they should just remove Tank Rewards all together or at least change the name to something like "Possible Stuff."  Because without Gold or meaningful rewards, it's just more clutter in my Missions tab for no good reason.  So I say TAKE IT ALL AWAY and let's be done with it.  No one is going to be clamoring for a return of THIS Tank Rewards anyway...

My 2 cents.

__WarChild__

Agreed, and I'm 485 points away from first tier rewards so definitely "NO SOUP FOR YOU"

Taylor3006 #16 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 08:11

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2978 battles

View PostGenPanzer, on Sep 19 2019 - 21:12, said:

It's one month. Calm down. They said it was a "mistake" or something. Either way, their metrics will tell them that it was a bad idea, when they see how little players got in progress, and maybe even played less because of it.

Let's hope they don't make the same mistake twice.

Last month's Tank Rewards got me super stoked about playing the game and I even bought a month of premium time to maximize my earnings. I had a blast playing every day and just enjoyed myself. When I got my Toldi, I was a very happy camper and looked forward to the next Tank Rewards. In anticipation of another great event, I bought another month of premium time and waited for the new event.. It was very disappointing and I was disheartened because I don't have any tanks higher than one tier 8 so there is literally no way to complete the event. I have learned a lesson from my mistake of spending money on premium time and won't repeat it. On the bright side I don't spend much time playing Tanks and have found other games to spend my free time and disposable income on. 

IMHO this was no oversight or mistake by Wargaming. It was purposely designed this way and I believe anyone saying otherwise is not telling the truth. If it was a mistake, it shows that the people designing the missions require more supervision since they seem to lack the ability to check their work. 

Edited by Taylor3006, Sep 20 2019 - 08:15.

ObrumPL #17 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 08:13

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18956 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2

View PostBlocksupstudios, on Sep 19 2019 - 21:00, said:

"Actually JIngles" I only have one tier 9 and no 10's so I consider this grind impossible.

ObrumPL #18 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 08:16

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18956 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2

View PostTaylor3006, on Sep 20 2019 - 00:11, said:

Last month's Tank Rewards got me super stoked about playing the game and I even bought a month of premium time to maximize my earnings. I had a blast playing every day and just enjoyed myself. When I got my Toldi, I was a very happy camper and looked forward to the next Tank Rewards. In anticipation of another great event, I bought another month of premium time and waited for the new event.. It was very disappointing and I was disheartened because I don't have any tanks higher than one tier 8 so there is literally no way to complete the event. I have learned a lesson from my mistake of spending money on premium time and won't repeat it. On the bright side I don't spend much time playing Tanks and have found other games to spend my free time and disposable income on. 

IMHO this was no oversight or mistake by Wargaming. It was purposely designed this way and I believe anyone saying otherwise is not telling the truth. If it was a mistake, it shows that the people designing the missions require more supervision since they seem to lack the ability to check their work. 

Four years + playing and not a penny spent on premium time. In retrospect best money I've never spent. :)

bigbear72us #19 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 13:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 46418 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU
Like other aspects of the game, they have gotten us addicted to it. So they turned it into into a grind and now I bet they will sell reserves to us speed it up.

VooDooKobra #20 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 13:52

Major

• Players
  • 9992 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostTaylor3006, on Sep 20 2019 - 00:11, said:

problem is there is no financial benefit to purposefully doing it, so then what would be the point?  When the tank rewards are easy, people do them, they play more and when they play more they might look more at getting premium time or a premium tank.  thats more money.  like you said you wont be buying premium time again so thats less money, so where is the logic?

Also tagged with Tank Rewards

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users