Tank Rewards

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Darkbee2Bee #21 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 13:56

Major

• Players
  • 36304 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-

On the bright side, the TwitchCon missions were super easy for a free camo style.

I've just been ignoring TankRewards this month.  So much so, I don't even have tier 1 rewards unlocked.  If I get tickets, great. If not, oh well... better luck next time I guess.

I've seen people on the forums say if you expect complete incompetence and utter failing by Wargaming, then you won't be disappointed.  My expectations for the Great Race are pretty low; I have confidence they've found ways to make it un-fun.

Does that mean we shouldn't criticize?  No, we the player base can offer up constructive criticism: The Tank Rewards missions this month were not good because they excludes many players from achieving the top rewards because many players don't have the required tier 9 tanks.  Will WG/NA do anything with that criticism?  Probably not.  Life goes on.

__WarChild__ #22 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 15:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 32780 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostAvalon304, on Sep 20 2019 - 00:04, said:

"WAAHHHH! This free stuff that I get for just playing the game that I was going to play anyway isnt good enough and should be better! WAHHH! Just delete it!"

Much entitlement here.

Man, I thought you'd given up on following me around in the hopes of a good trolling.  Especially after I spanked you in those other threads and sent you running with your tail between your legs.  This might have been okay if it was about getting free stuff, but it's about NOT getting free stuff so...  Well, let's just say that you should probably stick to platooning with ArmyofBun on her stream as your 15 seconds of fame.  Your forum trolling makes you look pretty dumb.  But keep trying cuz maybe one day you'll say something worthwhile.  One day... :trollface:

FrontenacDuVandoo #23 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 16:51

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17035 battles
  • [BBI2] BBI2

View Post__WarChild__, on Sep 19 2019 - 22:00, said:

In my opinion, they should just remove Tank Rewards all together or at least change the name to something like "Possible Stuff."  Because without Gold or meaningful rewards, it's just more clutter in my Missions tab for no good reason.  So I say TAKE IT ALL AWAY and let's be done with it.  No one is going to be clamoring for a return of THIS Tank Rewards anyway...

It doesn't suit you, so nobody should have them? How nice.

Some of us don't have all the tanks they offer. I got myself a Cromwell B for not too much effort, plus all the other goodies. For those who didn't have a T-34-85M it was a great offer.

Following month I took the 3 day premium and all the other goodies, this time for no extra effort. The tier 3 may not be appealing for veterans, but they're useful for lots of newer players.

This month they messed it up. It happens (often). It sucks, but really it's not such a big deal. The highest tier offers were pretty decent.

Not getting goodies is not a negative, it's not like they're taking stuff away from our account.

So please, realise that not every single event has to be catered for you specifically. Tank Rewards are for the newer/casual/average players. The veterans and unicums have Tournaments and Clan stuff to chew on (with much better rewards I might add).

All in all, you advocating taking away goodies for players like me is in really bad taste.

__WarChild__ #24 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 17:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 32780 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostFrontenacDuVandoo, on Sep 20 2019 - 09:51, said:

It doesn't suit you, so nobody should have them? How nice.

Some of us don't have all the tanks they offer. I got myself a Cromwell B for not too much effort, plus all the other goodies. For those who didn't have a T-34-85M it was a great offer.

Following month I took the 3 day premium and all the other goodies, this time for no extra effort. The tier 3 may not be appealing for veterans, but they're useful for lots of newer players.

This month they messed it up. It happens (often). It sucks, but really it's not such a big deal. The highest tier offers were pretty decent.

Not getting goodies is not a negative, it's not like they're taking stuff away from our account.

So please, realise that not every single event has to be catered for you specifically. Tank Rewards are for the newer/casual/average players. The veterans and unicums have Tournaments and Clan stuff to chew on (with much better rewards I might add).

All in all, you advocating taking away goodies for players like me is in really bad taste.

I am advocating that if I, who plays significantly more than most, cannot attain even the first tier of rewards then something significant needs to be changed. My advocacy is for the masses, not for myself.  I want Wargaming to UP THEIR GAME with: (1) the Rewards themselves, i.e. bring back Gold as an incentive, and/or (2) make the Missions SIMPLER and possibly easier.  When they brought back TR, it took some getting used to not having gold or credits as a final reward, but we were getting used to it.  Then they nerfed the rewards significantly AND made it more complex AND made it more difficult - ALL at ONCE.  Anyone who would think that is a good idea does not understand what the original Tank Rewards was all about.  As such, they should probably do away with it since they can't just stick with something easy.  I'm pretty sure we all want them to pull their heads out and put their thinking caps on instead, right?

Now, if you can't handle my post or if you mistakenly believe that it was just about ME or it's a simple whine post, then you need to look elsewhere.  Cuz you're not getting it.

Darkbee2Bee #25 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 17:34

Major

• Players
  • 36304 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-

View PostFrontenacDuVandoo, on Sep 20 2019 - 10:51, said:

Tank Rewards are for the newer/casual/average players.

Not this particular tank rewards.  It's impossible to get the top prize without a tier 9 tank (something which newer and casual might not have).   I don't necessarily disagree with your message but this was mildly self-contradictory.

__WarChild__ #26 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 17:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 32780 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

By the way, it's not like I write a post and Wargaming goes out and does what I say (although they eventually do when I'm right).  If people post thoughtful discussion in my thread, then Wargaming NA employees read that and put it in a memo to the home office where decisions are made.  If there's enough uproar or if it makes perfect sense, they will change it.  If all people do is attack the OP or make personal comments, then the ideas get lost in the shuffle.

and if you ever think I'd make a post that TAKES AWAY something from anyone in the playerbase... :facepalm:

Sgt_PigPen #27 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 17:41

Private

• -Players-
  • 7132 battles
  • [L-M-B] L-M-B
received notification that I completed the first tier! Low and behold, the game knows, but the website doesn't register the points yet. Just a heads up... 

__WarChild__ #28 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 17:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 32780 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC
Part of my responsibilities in my regular job is to negotiate/mediate resolution between 2 competing interests - people, companies, etc.  One of my go to examples is "You have to lower the meat enough to make the dog want to jump. If it's way at the top of the tree, it won't even sniff it let alone jump."  Wargaming is always raising the bar with everything.  It is very hard for them to find the sweet spot on their own.  They need help.

__WarChild__ #29 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 17:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 32780 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostSgt_PigPen, on Sep 20 2019 - 10:41, said:

received notification that I completed the first tier! Low and behold, the game knows, but the website doesn't register the points yet. Just a heads up... 

Congrats!

But going to need a pic or it didn't happen...  :trollface:

tod914 #30 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 18:13

Major

• Players
  • 64673 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Sep 20 2019 - 11:37, said:

By the way, it's not like I write a post and Wargaming goes out and does what I say (although they eventually do when I'm right).

Waiting on a code to generate a response.   :trollface:

heavymetal1967 #31 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 18:36

Major

• Players
  • 72650 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View Post__WarChild__, on Sep 20 2019 - 11:37, said:

By the way, it's not like I write a post and Wargaming goes out and does what I say (although they eventually do when I'm right).

View Posttod914, on Sep 20 2019 - 13:13, said:

Waiting on a code to generate a response.   :trollface:

:D

;)

__WarChild__ #32 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 18:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 32780 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Yesterday, I was 385 points shy of the tier.  Today, after 1 battle that ended in a draw, I get this:

LOL.  Tank Rewards page though says I'm still 385 points shy of the tier.

:amazed:

heavymetal1967 #33 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 21:44

Major

• Players
  • 72650 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View Post__WarChild__, on Sep 20 2019 - 13:44, said:

Yesterday, I was 385 points shy of the tier.  Today, after 1 battle that ended in a draw, I get this:

LOL.  Tank Rewards page though says I'm still 385 points shy of the tier.

:amazed:

More of that Dev math.  No wonder RNG and MM is so confused at times.

MudShark92553 #34 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 21:49

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8482 battles
I got the same in-game message to check Tank Reward, that I had reached a level. I went there but it says I still need 500 tokens to unlock the first level. I play about 30 games a day. No lie. I'm retired with no life lol.

Edited by MudShark92553, Sep 20 2019 - 21:51.

FrontenacDuVandoo #35 Posted Sep 21 2019 - 19:43

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17035 battles
  • [BBI2] BBI2

View Post__WarChild__, on Sep 20 2019 - 11:26, said:

I am advocating that if I, who plays significantly more than most, cannot attain even the first tier of rewards then something significant needs to be changed. My advocacy is for the masses, not for myself.  I want Wargaming to UP THEIR GAME with: (1) the Rewards themselves, i.e. bring back Gold as an incentive, and/or (2) make the Missions SIMPLER and possibly easier.  When they brought back TR, it took some getting used to not having gold or credits as a final reward, but we were getting used to it.  Then they nerfed the rewards significantly AND made it more complex AND made it more difficult - ALL at ONCE.  Anyone who would think that is a good idea does not understand what the original Tank Rewards was all about.  As such, they should probably do away with it since they can't just stick with something easy.  I'm pretty sure we all want them to pull their heads out and put their thinking caps on instead, right?

Now, if you can't handle my post or if you mistakenly believe that it was just about ME or it's a simple whine post, then you need to look elsewhere.  Cuz you're not getting it.

Well in the part I quoted you stated that TR should be removed... so yeah, that's what I was replying to.

Also the gold rewards imply that people have the tank they offer, to me that's the position of people who already have lots of premium tanks. I'm offering the point of view of someone who doesn't have many. To me the lack of gold compensation is really not an issue. Especially now that they offer a 4th option in the way of premium time.

This month's event was messed up. I agree. I commented a few times about it. Mostly how I was puzzled who was the target audience. Those who can get the rewards probably don't want them, while those who could use the rewards can't get them even if they had all the time in the world to grind it.

But seeing how they admitted that they messed up on it I think it's just better to act as if this month never happened. We don't know the actual target they intend to have, so it's pointless to speculate.

Gothraul #36 Posted Sep 21 2019 - 21:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 2426 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Sep 20 2019 - 17:44, said:

Part of my responsibilities in my regular job is to negotiate/mediate resolution between 2 competing interests - people, companies, etc.  One of my go to examples is "You have to lower the meat enough to make the dog want to jump. If it's way at the top of the tree, it won't even sniff it let alone jump."  Wargaming is always raising the bar with everything.  It is very hard for them to find the sweet spot on their own.  They need help.

It all comes down to are they willing to listen or they going to keep going back to old eastern block thinking where the business/gov thinks it knows best regardless of the customers have to say. WG main office is the ivory tower and they hardly listen to their employees in regional office until it is nearly ready to burn down and at best they only really care about is RU.

__WarChild__ #37 Posted Sep 21 2019 - 22:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 32780 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostFrontenacDuVandoo, on Sep 21 2019 - 12:43, said:

Well in the part I quoted you stated that TR should be removed... so yeah, that's what I was replying to.

Also the gold rewards imply that people have the tank they offer, to me that's the position of people who already have lots of premium tanks. I'm offering the point of view of someone who doesn't have many. To me the lack of gold compensation is really not an issue. Especially now that they offer a 4th option in the way of premium time.

This month's event was messed up. I agree. I commented a few times about it. Mostly how I was puzzled who was the target audience. Those who can get the rewards probably don't want them, while those who could use the rewards can't get them even if they had all the time in the world to grind it.

But seeing how they admitted that they messed up on it I think it's just better to act as if this month never happened. We don't know the actual target they intend to have, so it's pointless to speculate.

Well, I was really just saying that "if you can't figure out how to make TR and enjoyable experience by all - which is what it used to be - then change the name or disband it altogether.  WG just seems to mess good things up unnecessarily and it gets to me after a while.

View PostGothraul, on Sep 21 2019 - 14:23, said:

It all comes down to are they willing to listen or they going to keep going back to old eastern block thinking where the business/gov thinks it knows best regardless of the customers have to say. WG main office is the ivory tower and they hardly listen to their employees in regional office until it is nearly ready to burn down and at best they only really care about is RU.

Very true!

Tao_Te_Tomato #38 Posted Sep 30 2019 - 22:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 27577 battles
  • [TER] TER
I just played like usual ... It was a long and arduous struggle to get a garage slot, but in the end, it was worth it.  :amazed:

WIZD #39 Posted Oct 03 2019 - 14:14

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12156 battles
  • [ASP] ASP

View PostGenPanzer, on Sep 20 2019 - 04:12, said:

It's one month. Calm down. They said it was a "mistake" or something. Either way, their metrics will tell them that it was a bad idea, when they see how little players got in progress, and maybe even played less because of it.

Let's hope they don't make the same mistake twice.

They did. This month is only for German tanks. Something tells me they don't listen to the player feedback.

Edited by WIZD, Oct 03 2019 - 14:20.

Also tagged with Tank Rewards

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users