Frontline Defenders Cheating

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Fwl_K_Knispel #1 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 18:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21644 battles
  • [ICB] ICB

I have noticed yet again, that multiple defenders re-enter captured zones and sit at the attackers spawn points, killing the attackers before they even can move.  

If the defenders have lost a zone, they should not be able to re-enter it, period.  Crossing the line should result in them being destroyed just like the attackers who cross the line in the Main Objective zones.  Fix this problem because it ruins the game.

VooDooKobra #2 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 18:39

Major

• Players
  • 10000 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostFwl_K_Knispel, on Sep 20 2019 - 10:33, said:

I have noticed yet again, that multiple defenders re-enter captured zones and sit at the attackers spawn points, killing the attackers before they even can move.  

If the defenders have lost a zone, they should not be able to re-enter it, period.  Crossing the line should result in them being destroyed just like the attackers who cross the line in the Main Objective zones.  Fix this problem because it ruins the game.

While its a cheesy scummy move,  its not really a cheat since there are no rules preventing it

__Worm__ #3 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 18:40

Major

• Players
  • 34929 battles

last night I realized that the arty hitting me constantly can be hunted down in the manner you are talking about. ( go into the captured zone )

I will make it my mission now to use my light tanks to go into this area you mention and hunt down the arty.

I will take a screen shot tonight to emphasize how broken this game mode is, if you see the notification text on the right when people get killed or you kill them it is nothing but " so an so is using arty strike ".

Can't do anything about the arty consumable that is over used but I can sure hunt down the vehicles that are being played by people.

see you on the battlefield, o7 

Markd73 #4 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 18:46

Major

• Players
  • 32795 battles

OP are you saying that we should be promoting less dynamic and linear maps/gameplay by removing the opportunity to flank and/or disrupt an attack?

If so then no thanks. We have enough corridor maps and stale gameplay with limited flanking opportunities with random battles.

the_dude_76 #5 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 18:58

Major

• Players
  • 34184 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Post__Worm__, on Sep 20 2019 - 11:40, said:

last night I realized that the arty hitting me constantly can be hunted down in the manner you are talking about. ( go into the captured zone )

I will make it my mission now to use my light tanks to go into this area you mention and hunt down the arty.

I will take a screen shot tonight to emphasize how broken this game mode is, if you see the notification text on the right when people get killed or you kill them it is nothing but " so an so is using arty strike ".

Can't do anything about the arty consumable that is over used but I can sure hunt down the vehicles that are being played by people.

see you on the battlefield, o7 

And you'll spend most of your time looking for something to shoot at and you'll end the battle with the rank of private... Have fun with that...

__Worm__ #6 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 20:42

Major

• Players
  • 34929 battles

View Postthe_dude_76, on Sep 20 2019 - 10:58, said:

And you'll spend most of your time looking for something to shoot at and you'll end the battle with the rank of private... Have fun with that...

well I'm certainly glad you pointed that out to me ..

me being new and all.

the_dude_76 #7 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 21:54

Major

• Players
  • 34184 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Post__Worm__, on Sep 20 2019 - 13:42, said:

well I'm certainly glad you pointed that out to me ..

me being new and all.

Well you said you were going to do something stupid and pointless so I thought I'd point out the pitfalls. Doesn't seem to be any reason to believe you thought through your plan so why not try to be helpful...

Burning_Haggis #8 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 23:03

Major

• Players
  • 45956 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

View Postthe_dude_76, on Sep 20 2019 - 11:58, said:

killing arty over and over is well worth it.    

KingofDragons #9 Posted Sep 21 2019 - 12:49

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 24608 battles

Kani_Bist #10 Posted Sep 21 2019 - 14:40

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8140 battles

View PostFwl_K_Knispel, on Sep 20 2019 - 12:33, said:

Spawn Camping cowards have unfortunately been around since the first computer game. These are the same people who rob old ladies, pull the wings off flies, and torture defenseless puppies. Yet they will do it and then tell you how good they are.

I experienced it yesterday, my LAST day of Frontline. I play to have fun and being spawn raped is no fun.

the_dude_76 #11 Posted Sep 21 2019 - 15:56

Major

• Players
  • 34184 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostBurning_Haggis, on Sep 20 2019 - 16:03, said:

killing arty over and over is well worth it.    

It's sad that you don't see how sad this makes you look...

Kani_Bist #12 Posted Sep 21 2019 - 16:08

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8140 battles

View PostMarkd73, on Sep 20 2019 - 12:46, said:

OP are you saying that we should be promoting less dynamic and linear maps/gameplay by removing the opportunity to flank and/or disrupt an attack?

If so then no thanks. We have enough corridor maps and stale gameplay with limited flanking opportunities with random battles.

and it takes spawn raping players who are defenseless as they spawn in under fire from three tanks to make it NOT *boring*?

How many old ladies you knock off this week, THAT is *challenging* too for you eh? Bet there aren't any stray cats in your neighborhood either.

Edited by Kani_Bist, Sep 21 2019 - 16:09.

Markd73 #13 Posted Sep 21 2019 - 17:09

Major

• Players
  • 32795 battles

View PostKani_Bist, on Sep 21 2019 - 15:08, said:

and it takes spawn raping players who are defenseless as they spawn in under fire from three tanks to make it NOT *boring*?

How many old ladies you knock off this week, THAT is *challenging* too for you eh? Bet there aren't any stray cats in your neighborhood either.

I'm not entirely sure why you insist on angry personal responses to any kind of disagreement to your opinions. 

The OP suggested banning dynamic gameplay and I disagreed without resorting to Ad Hominems or vitriolic language. Your response is to insinuate that I rob the elderly and make animals disappear. That seems like an irrational escalation, don't you think?

You advocated for logic in a previous post. I would agree. Perhaps you should follow your advice?

Buttknuckle #14 Posted Sep 21 2019 - 17:34

Major

• Players
  • 51931 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

View PostFwl_K_Knispel, on Sep 20 2019 - 17:33, said:

I disagree with your opinion on this, as I think the best part of frontlines is having a large map that provides opportunity to flex. Also this would allow arty players to remain in an inaccessible area of the map with absolutely no fear of being attacked.

Furthermore, defenders having the ability to do this is equivalent to the attackers having free access to the entire objective area once they reach that end of the map on a single front.

WeSayNotToday #15 Posted Sep 21 2019 - 17:36

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23593 battles

View PostFwl_K_Knispel, on Sep 20 2019 - 18:33, said:

View PostVooDooKobra, on Sep 20 2019 - 18:39, said:

While its a cheesy scummy move,  its not really a cheat since there are no rules preventing it

View PostMarkd73, on Sep 21 2019 - 17:09, said:

I'm not entirely sure why you insist on angry personal responses to any kind of disagreement to your opinions. 

The OP suggested banning dynamic gameplay and I disagreed without resorting to Ad Hominems or vitriolic language. Your response is to insinuate that I rob the elderly and make animals disappear. That seems like an irrational escalation, don't you think?

You advocated for logic in a previous post. I would agree. Perhaps you should follow your advice?

Actually, the funny, and non-sensical part of your post is not your defense that you should be able to spawn-camp, which is execrable in itself, but that you think spawn-camping is part of dynamic gameplay.

... It's not, it is a practically a static exploit; it is almost the opposite of dynamic gameplay.

Which implies that you will label a tactic that you like with an inaccurate term, that sounds virtuous, simply because you like the tactic, or here, the exploit.

__Worm__ #16 Posted Sep 21 2019 - 18:45

Major

• Players
  • 34929 battles

View Postthe_dude_76, on Sep 20 2019 - 13:54, said:

Well you said you were going to do something stupid and pointless so I thought I'd point out the pitfalls. Doesn't seem to be any reason to believe you thought through your plan so why not try to be helpful...

Appreciate you wanting to be helpful, no lie.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, what you deem stupid and pointless could be another tankers vision of bliss.

no eff's given

Markd73 #17 Posted Sep 21 2019 - 18:58

Major

• Players
  • 32795 battles

View PostWeSayNotToday, on Sep 21 2019 - 16:36, said:

Actually, the funny, and non-sensical part of your post is not your defense that you should be able to spawn-camp, which is execrable in itself, but that you think spawn-camping is part of dynamic gameplay.

... It's not, it is a practically a static exploit; it is almost the opposite of dynamic gameplay.

Which implies that you will label a tactic that you like with an inaccurate term, that sounds virtuous, simply because you like the tactic, or here, the exploit.

I think we can agree to disagree. You call it spawn camping and I call it forcing people to react dynamically instead of the usual forced and static corridor map gameplay of randoms.

FineousOrlon #18 Posted Sep 22 2019 - 04:36

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21175 battles

View PostWeSayNotToday, on Sep 21 2019 - 17:36, said:

View PostMarkd73, on Sep 21 2019 - 18:58, said:

I think we can agree to disagree. You call it spawn camping and I call it forcing people to react dynamically instead of the usual forced and static corridor map gameplay of randoms.

Wait.  Spawn camping may not be evil or whatever in your eye, but how does spawn camping force the people spawning to react dynamically?  Dying brilliantly?  Turtling as fast as possible?  Rushing the spawn camper that is killing him, only to die in a hail of fire?  Spawn camping does not seem dynamic for the camper looking for easy, delivered kills, nor does it seem dynamic for the victims who die quickly without any choice in the matter.  It seems like forced and static victimization of those spawning in.

So, I disagree with you also, and so would anyone who understands the word dynamic, or the other words you use that do not apply to spawn camping.

I mean, spawn campers are not cheating, but they are not dynamic at all, in fact, they are avoiding the dynamic parts of the battle, for a static position, that is at best, an exploit.

I join those that think that spawn camping in FL should be prevented through better scenario design.

Edited by FineousOrlon, Sep 22 2019 - 04:38.

Also tagged with Frontline, Defenders, Cheating

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users