You want to know what makes this game toxic?

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

dunniteowl #221 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 02:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

They can only ruin your fun if you give them the power to do so, OP.  The moment you claim someone else did something to...  you have completely given them the power of emotion OVER YOU.  You do that, not them.

Maybe just chillax a bit and don't take it so hard, man.  It IS just a game for cripes sakes.  Try to keep your dignity, calm and most importantly, your perspective from a position that YOU choose whether or not you're going to have fun at this and don't give your team or the opponents that power over you to claim they make you mad, ruin your fun or don't care enough to want to win like you do.

How do you know?  That they failed at it is not proof of not caring or not trying.  Some folks are so timid that they sit back and protect the arty -- and it's the BEST they can do under their benighted condition.  Instead of railing about it and popping a vein or two, maybe laugh it off and on occasion, maybe send them a link to the forums where they can learn how to play without doing more than something like this:

"HI!  I noticed you having a bit of trouble that last game.  I'd like to offer you this so you can learn more about the game."

Then, if you wouldn't mind, send them a copy of this link via chat:  The WoT Welcome Package (version 1).  Of course, in chat, you'll have to copy the link address as the forum text link won't work in chat.  And then follow up with something like:

"I hope you find it useful and if you do, please offer it to others.  It's from the Official WoT Forums and you can go there to learn more, too!  GL, HF!"

See how easy that is?  And when you do that, honestly attempting to be kind, you might find yourself not as upset all the time.  

Take back Control, OP, don't give others the power to ruin your fun.

I don't.

OvO

Locupleto #222 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 02:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 12482 battles

There is a mix of player skill levels and desire to win.  Players are picked at random.  One side will have the better mix of players than the other, to a large degree down to a nominal difference.  You have Exactly The Same Chance to be on the stronger side as you do the weaker.

It is an illusion you lost because of a particular player.  He may have just as easily been on the other side.  The other side had just as much chance as having their own players performing just as bad.  Getting mad about it is 100% a reflection of your mindset.  Nothing else.  It has NOTHING to do with any given random individual player.

If you choose to get upset over the performance of your team, you are making yourself miserable more than anyone else.  Also, you are poisoning the community and as an individual playing a small part in discouraging the growth of the community.

Go at it with a positive mindset, and constructively suggest better moves before it is too late, you are far more likely to sway the outcome in your favor.  You will also feel better and enjoy your play time more.

Edited by Locupleto, Sep 28 2019 - 02:16.

spud_tuber #223 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 02:31

Major

• Players
  • 59722 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Sep 27 2019 - 19:00, said:

They can only ruin your fun if you give them the power to do so, OP.  The moment you claim someone else did something to...  you have completely given them the power of emotion OVER YOU.  You do that, not them.

Maybe just chillax a bit and don't take it so hard, man.  It IS just a game for cripes sakes.  Try to keep your dignity, calm and most importantly, your perspective from a position that YOU choose whether or not you're going to have fun at this and don't give your team or the opponents that power over you to claim they make you mad, ruin your fun or don't care enough to want to win like you do.

How do you know?  That they failed at it is not proof of not caring or not trying.  Some folks are so timid that they sit back and protect the arty -- and it's the BEST they can do under their benighted condition.  Instead of railing about it and popping a vein or two, maybe laugh it off and on occasion, maybe send them a link to the forums where they can learn how to play without doing more than something like this:

"HI!  I noticed you having a bit of trouble that last game.  I'd like to offer you this so you can learn more about the game."

Then, if you wouldn't mind, send them a copy of this link via chat:  The WoT Welcome Package (version 1).  Of course, in chat, you'll have to copy the link address as the forum text link won't work in chat.  And then follow up with something like:

"I hope you find it useful and if you do, please offer it to others.  It's from the Official WoT Forums and you can go there to learn more, too!  GL, HF!"

See how easy that is?  And when you do that, honestly attempting to be kind, you might find yourself not as upset all the time.  

Take back Control, OP, don't give others the power to ruin your fun.

I don't.

OvO

There is wisdom in this post.  Well said.  I know I feel better when I'm able to help another player who may be struggling, and even just trying to help can reduce my irritation levels. 

Sure, sometimes I get irritated with my teammates, but if I really stop and think, at least 8 times in 10 I'm also irritated with myself and/or held unrealistic expectations of what my teammates were capable of.

RHeadshot #224 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 15:53

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6186 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Sep 25 2019 - 23:58, said:

And, pray tell me, how do you know that?

OvO

Because if WG actually did anything, the problem would have decreased over time instead of increased.

Ozric #225 Posted Sep 29 2019 - 17:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25282 battles

NeroG, I see that you keep an eye on your minimap as I do and recognize that sometimes lemmings go for one corridor and ignore the other.

If you are seeing this and then go to the less populated corridor alone without backup, presumably because 'that's what you're supposed to do', then I'd suggest that you re-evaluate that train of thought, because if you do this, you should well know that you will be defeated by being overwhelmed.

Instead of going it alone on the corridor that should have been taken care of with more numbers, then chiding the team for leaving the flank open after you almost inevitably die, keep the lemming train's rear guard instead so that you retain your protection in numbers, and you'll still be there to help the team when the siren starts wailing.  Many still respond to that.

It's a small adjustment to your gameplay that will improve the quality of your time in the game.

dunniteowl #226 Posted Sep 29 2019 - 18:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

View PostRHeadshot, on Sep 28 2019 - 08:53, said:

Because if WG actually did anything, the problem would have decreased over time instead of increased.

That is a logical FALLACY which has no merit as a provable situation.

In short, this is nothing more than your opinion, based on ONLY your VERY LIMITED EXPERIENCE as compared to the player base as a whole.

So, again, please, pray tell me, how do you KNOW this?  Not THINK, BELIEVE or FEEL.

In other words, you should probably express it as an opinion as opposed to the Hard Fact you make it out to be.  Otherwise, you are guilty of emotionalizing a situation over examining it.

OvO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users