Removing team damage; the cure is worse than the disease.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

BattleTracks #1 Posted Sep 22 2019 - 12:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 77301 battles
While tk'ing happened, I'm experiencing the result of removing it more frequently, with the change people now know they can't be killed so are deliberately getting behind you and blocking you so that you'll get shot/killed.  Happening more than tk'ing, worse than tk'ing.

Projectile_Misfired #2 Posted Sep 22 2019 - 13:52

Major

• Players
  • 38695 battles

View PostBattleTracks, on Sep 22 2019 - 11:52, said:

While tk'ing happened, I'm experiencing the result of removing it more frequently, with the change people now know they can't be killed so are deliberately getting behind you and blocking you so that you'll get shot/killed.  Happening more than tk'ing, worse than tk'ing.

Send the replay to Customer Support as Physics Abuse.

Let CS handle those types of players appropriately. Nobody here can. Hell, without a replay, not even the forum moderators can do anything about it.

GeorgePreddy #3 Posted Sep 22 2019 - 14:20

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

"Removing team damage; the cure is worse than the disease."

RHeadshot #4 Posted Sep 22 2019 - 14:45

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5914 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Sep 22 2019 - 14:20, said:

I'm guessing you wouldn't have gotten shot if you weren't mouthy, but that is just a guess.

the_dude_76 #5 Posted Sep 22 2019 - 14:53

Major

• Players
  • 34320 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Sep 22 2019 - 07:20, said:

I am not getting one-shot from 300 meters away by some mouth-breathing armchair 2nd Lieutenant anymore. That has been cured. I'm also not losing hundreds of hitpoints to morons ramming into me.

It's funny how some of us have never seem to have any of these issues...

jst2gr8 #6 Posted Sep 22 2019 - 15:17

Captain

• Players
  • 65496 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Sep 22 2019 - 06:20, said:

I am with you on this one. I hated ramming or getting rammed at the beginning of a match in a light and starting off 1/2 hp. I have yet to be blocked in to a point where I cannot move or consistently get shot. If it did happen I would just send a ticket into WG instead of coming to the forums because it happens to me once. lol 

So either way is fine with me. 

~~Play on says the ref~~

3BAC #7 Posted Sep 22 2019 - 15:43

Major

• Players
  • 68044 battles
The "cure" is also a great way to let off steam. Now you can shoot your oblivious team mates and not get punished for it. I'm sure that was going on before, and some folks had to either suck it up or take the blue risk.

GeorgePreddy #8 Posted Sep 22 2019 - 17:42

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostRHeadshot, on Sep 22 2019 - 10:45, said:

I'm guessing you wouldn't have gotten shot if you weren't mouthy, but that is just a guess.

It's a really bad guess.

For your information, I am TOTALLY not "mouthy"... I couldn't care less what others do in battles... I'm too busy fighting enemies to care.

RHeadshot #9 Posted Sep 22 2019 - 23:33

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5914 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Sep 22 2019 - 17:42, said:

It's a really bad guess.

For your information, I am TOTALLY not "mouthy"... I couldn't care less what others do in battles... I'm too busy fighting enemies to care.

Given your performance in forums, that's difficult to believe.

01LT #10 Posted Sep 22 2019 - 23:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 35897 battles

yes this does happen and when it does yes the wot giving action is to send in video of the incident. but I don't think nothing happens after that. I offered to be a reviewer of said offenses, once to wot. In my indecent it was 2 players of same clan that was on map doing it to me and other players.

Personally I believe the punishment should be 10% of there exp cred and gold should be given to the person they effected directly and then another 10% should be split among the rest of the team they were on. If they are in clan the it should be taken from the clan purse too and clan dissbanded. Also drop there crew levels in played tank to regiment levels make them work back up.

the_dude_76 #11 Posted Sep 23 2019 - 14:48

Major

• Players
  • 34320 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Sep 22 2019 - 10:42, said:

It's a really bad guess.

Then why are they ramming and shooting you?? Some part of this story is obviously BS.

DerJager #12 Posted Sep 23 2019 - 21:02

Major

• Players
  • 6154 battles
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Sep 22 2019 - 08:42, said:

It's a really bad guess.

I'm pretty certain I've seen you once or twice just blatantly stat bashing at the beginning of a match, prompted by "XVM says xyz" or something of the effect.

From what I've seen of you, you're also a pretty big [edited]in general.

dunniteowl #13 Posted Sep 23 2019 - 23:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

Since team damage ended, I haven't been TKd once!

I also have not been pinned to map side, against a building/cliff/wall, nor have I been pushed into enemy fire.

All I can be sure of is that since then I have not taken any team damage.  Conversely, even on the one or two occasions my calculated risk shot landed into the higher than I like risk zone, nothing happened.  Win.

OvO

01LT #14 Posted Sep 25 2019 - 03:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 35897 battles
Well i have been not been TKd  but have been purposely bumped to miss shot and pushed around map completely unprovoked. But as i said start taking the offenders creds and exp and I guarantee it will stop.

XturbohawkX #15 Posted Sep 26 2019 - 19:06

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26361 battles
  • [WARHK] WARHK
A bounty system where players can pledge gold on "bad" players so they are the "sheriff" would make WG a LOT of real $$. (don't forget me when you implement this system and laugh all the way to the bank!)

leeuniverse #16 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 10:42

Major

• Players
  • 39933 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View Postthe_dude_76, on Sep 22 2019 - 06:53, said:

It's funny how some of us have never seem to have any of these issues...

Likely depends on what you're playing and how you're playing.

View Postthe_dude_76, on Sep 23 2019 - 06:48, said:

Then why are they ramming and shooting you?? Some part of this story is obviously BS.

I doubt it is BS, because the same happens to me.

I don't say crap in chat generally, I'm focused on playing the game per the situation, and sometimes people don't like how I'm playing, especially if I'm in a light.

Some people think that we are their b****'s, that we exist for their pleasure, so they don't like it if we're not placing ourselves in situations that we know will get us killed most of the time, they don't comprehend the LIMITS of the tanks we are playing, or they just don't care, they want us to spot or something for them, irrespective that maybe there's reasons we don't do something they want.

So, no "BS" here...

And no, getting rid of Team Damage was actually Wargaming finally making a smart decision that most want.

(Getting rid of frustrations, i.e. quality control to improve enjoyment, SHOULD be their biggest priority, but sadly it's not.)

Lorendel_VonEbonmist #17 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 12:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 98515 battles
  • [ROLL] ROLL

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I used to get tk'd once in a while , shot frequently, rammed off spawn all the time ( there used to be in the way back time a time when light tanks and arty were always given the right of way--cuz they need to get to their spots as quickly and unhindered as is possible). This is not a concern anymore, until you can't make your window to get to that bush or w/e and provide 'lights' for your team. Generally if I get bashed 3 or more times off spawn , I become a sniper, as obviously those heavies and tds were in such a huge rush to spot for themselves, I'll let them. Light tanks always did get tk'd alot more, people are very critical of how you play your light tank, even though they wouldn't set foot in one them , they seem to magically know exactly how they should be played and what you should be doing. 

A couple of the problems I have been encountering as a light tanker are these : 

Killing enemy arty. When I get back to enemy arty, as oft I do, I often use the arty as a shield while killing it, or at least stay in close proximity to it, making incoming arty defending projectiles in danger of killing their own arty, not anymore.

Circle killing enemy tanks. Now enemy teammates can fire in-discreetly into the melee without fear of damaging their own tanks. 

Friendly arty Shelling Circled Tanks. No they wont do damage but they will still stun, which is as good as a death sentence. And if you thought they did it alot before its even worse now. 

Light tanks have effectively had one of their most useful tools taken away from them with the no friendly damage mechanic, and its the reason behind why you see so many lights playing more conservatively or just plain sniping. there are several other reasons but not related to this topic, but I will touch one one briefly.  Early Lights often leads to whole teams stopping to snipe and not deploying properly or getting to where they need to be and results in a major campfest.                                                    A static defense will be flanked and destroyed- GS Patton. 

The solution? Enable friendly damage if  the tank is within 10, 20, 25  meters of an enemy tank. This way They enemy cant just rain shells into the melee without possibly harming their own.

I used to call my Blacklist my TK list , reserved for those tk'ers "that had it coming"  as the FF/TK fully automated system that has been in effect since about 2013 could be easily manipulated by controlling your Friendly:enemy damage ratio. this fully automated system that had long been in effect is why reporting  such grievous atrocities was completely useless. Now my blacklist is a PA list "I am soooo gonna Physics Abuse you the next time I see you!!!" However , Physics Abuse, always has been against the rules and any replay sent in with a ticket showing it has always been, from what I've heard, dealt with swiftly and harshly, almost always resulting in a ban of some length of time. It generally became fully enforced when they changed the mechanics to where you could flip over, drive off cliffs, etc (before this wasn't even possible), drownings rarely occurred.

In summary, like everything it has pros and cons. But, what it does do , most assuredly is punishes brawlers and meds and lights that fight close-quarters combats, putting already disadvantaged vehicles in an even more compromising position; And therefore, limiting the amount of willingness to engage in aggressive action, promoting redline sniping and adding to an already overburdening campy /defensive/ videogame chickenpoop play-style embraced by much of the pbase. This bobber-fishing style of play , as opposed to a more active form of fishing (working a lurer or jig or top-water bait or even better fly-fishing)  is ruining an already struggling game. If I wanted to sit on the bank , taking a nap, waiting for a victim to come along , I'd go bobber-fishing. But I digress.

Bottom line ... Bring back team damage, bring back all chat, bring back sooo many maps deemed 'unbalanced' , the only battlefield ever balanced was a chess board , and even then white moves first, And Not one thing in the entire universe is 'Fair' , that's a human dreamed up concept that really doesn't exist anywhere. Bring all these back, and then have WG actually do something about reports of this issues. That's the fail part...reportinig these things did nothing. 

Audi

PS : Is there a way you can see how many "strikes" you have against your account? Asking for a friend....

Edited by Lorendel_VonEbonmist, Sep 27 2019 - 12:49.

dunniteowl #18 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 15:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

Yes, check your bans in the Support page.  Also, while no-one else can see your forum sanctions, YOU can.  Tell that to your 'friend.'

OvO

Lorendel_VonEbonmist #19 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 16:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 98515 battles
  • [ROLL] ROLL

View Postdunniteowl, on Sep 27 2019 - 09:05, said:

Yes, check your bans in the Support page.  Also, while no-one else can see your forum sanctions, YOU can.  Tell that to your 'friend.'

OvO

bans are not the same things as strikes. and bans are only current bans not a history of bans. Strikes are the marks against you that lead to getting banned.

dunniteowl #20 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 16:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

Well I have never gotten an in-game strike, so I don't know, but I would imagine that, as you do get notified by email or PM that you were a 'bad person' for whatever reason, you'd have a list in the Support Page as it is where such things 'ought' to be stored.  That said, there should be a record somewhere and the most logical choice would be in your personal file or WGs Support under Your Tickets/Bans -- after all, when you get a strike, don't you also get a minor temporary ban and wouldn't that be a Ban you should be able to check?

Ask your friend.

OvO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users