gameplay idea

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

01LT #1 Posted Sep 22 2019 - 15:35

Sergeant

• Players
  • 35812 battles

Have another game play mode where you know what your next map is.

The next map can be shown as next map queued  while your in garage.  This could help with arty being put in a city map and being nothing but cannon fodder  wasting there time in game able to hit nothing until a tank ventures into the no mans land fields which wot likes to place on every map to cater to so called snipers. This is not CS source or some other FPS Helps also with other tank classes too. Wot know they are making particular maps for particular class of tanks. At least this way you'll know and can pick your best option for it. Yep this will make certain maps always have 3 arty on each team but it will also have maps with 3 and 4 Jagdpanzer e 100's or EBR's running around them. I see no different in either of them scenarios

I personally love having 3 or even more arty on map that's 3 less of some other Super Heavy  or TD to kill. That's my opinion of another wot mistake in trying to balance a game that with forced match making which was never the problem with game and yes the game does have a problem. A big one but it's never been match making or arty. Its just the one they skirt around and never truly fix.

Not saying get rid of random just and an option for a mode where you know next map coming.

Markd73 #2 Posted Sep 22 2019 - 16:44

Major

• Players
  • 32795 battles

No. 

Some maps are better for a class and some are not. Learn to adapt to different situations.

Winterpeger #3 Posted Sep 22 2019 - 16:54

Major

• Players
  • 52551 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

Yes.. that's exactly what your saying...  knowing what map will be next so that you can decide what tank to play on it... that is no longer random.

You want to know what map will be next, then play Advances.

heavymetal1967 #4 Posted Sep 22 2019 - 16:59

Major

• Players
  • 73177 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

So you want folks to be able to drop out of matches based on the map.  MM would have more fits and as a result issues trying to pull teams together - at least here on NA.

And in addition to queue/MM concerns, they won't do it because of the exploit potential which is basically what you're touting to be honest.

They used to show the tier spreads in the queue instead of just tank classes.  And even now with no tier spread some folks pop out if they see X amount or ratio of arty in the pool.   But I'm guessing in nowhere near the numbers that folks would drop out to try to get top tier matches.  This was no big secret, folks talked about it on the forum and in chat.

They removed the tier spread when they realized folks would watch it and continuously click out and back in until the numbers favored them being top tiered in a match.

The reasons they cited were queue issues and "uneven" matches.  From their perspective, this would be no different.

dunniteowl #5 Posted Sep 22 2019 - 17:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

This is a Map Rotation/Inspection concept.

Does not qualify as a "Game Play" concept.  You're talking about a look ahead for tank selection.  NOT GAME PLAY, really, is it?

Game Play would be like:

Chaffee Races

King of the Hill

Death Match

Soccer

See how those are ABOUT playing the game?

As an idea, I don't see its utility when you can exclude one map as a FTPP and two maps as a PPP (Premium Paying Player).

If they decided you should be able to switch tanks so you'd NEVER have a map you weren't comfy on, then where would the challenge be?

I don't like some of the maps, I think they're poorly designed on the whole.  That does NOT mean I am going to run from it.

My personal point of view is anything in this game that makes you uncomfortable is telling you that you are not as capable in dealing with that situation as you are in others -- so go freaking find out how!  Lose that uncomfortable feeling by learning to purposely play in those places and LEARN how to get comfortable with them.

I hate city brawling, so guess where I go?  I hate the sand dunes, so little cover, guess what I've learned to do in the sand dunes?  You have to learn to be 'comfortable' outside of your 'comfort zone' by being willing to engage in new tasks, new explorations of the map and CHALLENGING yourself to find a way to make this work for you.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

01LT #6 Posted Sep 22 2019 - 19:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 35812 battles

Call it what you want choosing game play selection is already in game. IE The SELECT BATTLE MODE........ random,front line, strongholds, Grand battle,

wow so much stupidity to address what to choose? My SUGGESTION was to know the next map up. this would not stop me from playing a heavy on a particular map or a light but it would hap me select my best for that map. some people would be better on that same map in a different type tank.

1 Never said get rid of random I actual said keep random but show the map queue so you can determine what tank you would like to use. Even with that and with 150+ tanks i have players would be only playing 1 tank on a particular map. but that would let them select tank best suited at that map and then maps to tank ratio is way off so you will still get the random all class tanks on each map.

2 The challenge will all be there cause your playing live players most of the time. I would say that's more challenging that funneling into some corridor one way in no way to tun around of exit to far away. as i said why not make the game a side scroller if that's the map selection available.

3 there is only 1 way to balance a game and its not match making. That would be to exclude all tanks but one in a game  have no exp levels  or perks. I have never complained about the skill level of another player in game. No one can claim they have only been killed by a tank of a higher class or skill level or WR. Everyone dies the same way.

4 knowing the next map is obviously not random and yes you can select a tank you are better at on a particular map but if all your gonna do is play 1 tank why have so many you will still play other tanks. No one in this game has one tank. Instead of having a tanks that's completely useless on a certain map.

Excluding maps is just an excuse by wot not to fix an ongoing issue that they have no clue on how to fix and that is there map making ability. Even when you exclude a map you still get in in other battle modes so your not really excluding anything.

dunniteowl #7 Posted Sep 23 2019 - 16:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

If you can select your tank for the map coming up, because you know what's coming

THAT IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF NOT RANDOM

You know, because you get to choose something in response to information.

NOT RANDOM.

Game Play:  Random, Strong Holds, Front Line, Chaffee Races, 

Events:  Tank Festival, Kursk, D-Day, Operation Market Garden, etc.

Looking at a map is NOT GAME PLAY, it is, essentially, Meta Data Look Ahead, which is, again, and I hope you understand this this time: NOT RANDOM.

You are asking for a FEATURE not a GAME PLAY function.

Now if you think we're being stupid, because we understand what you want, don't agree with it and explain to you what it is you are really asking for, well, I guess that's totally up to you.  However, what you are asking for is pretty much exactly what we're telling you it really is.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users