Frontlines suggestion - reward the winning team

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

BeWary #1 Posted Sep 23 2019 - 21:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 5745 battles

Been playing this game for years on and off, but just tried Frontlines this past week.  It has potential to be a lot of fun, but since the winning team gets nothing extra, people are purposely advocating losing zones to prolong the game so they can do more damage and therefore get more XP.  This is gamey and negates the design and gameplay mechanics of the rest of Frontline.  You might as well just make one big territory and let everyone shoot each other non-stop.

Please give the winning team extra rewards.  More XP and credits at least would be great.

Thanks for listening.

Be Wary out there...

Dark_Blue_Ink #2 Posted Sep 23 2019 - 22:23

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9425 battles
  • [-TSO-] -TSO-

Sometimes we just have to embrace reality. This is one more place WG turns a blind eye to.

Instead of worrying about wins that do nothing for your win rate, invest in the XP and credits farming.  I used to have the same view - why play if not to win?

Now, I use Front Lines to pay for equipment and consumables, and to grind up crews.  

Think of it as training for a job in corporate America where you really have no voice and applied logic is accidental.

Happy farming!

Hellsfog #3 Posted Sep 23 2019 - 23:23

Major

• Players
  • 38287 battles
It is my understanding that the winning team does get a small bump to credits and xp from winning but it's nothing compared to an increase in rank. I like having a game mode where you can play without worrying about consequences and get some pretty nice rewards: credits, xp, bonds, gold and a nice tank or two. I'm perfectly happy having winning not be important.

ChaseR392 #4 Posted Sep 24 2019 - 00:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8726 battles

View PostBeWary, on Sep 23 2019 - 21:51, said:

people are purposely advocating losing zones to prolong the game so they can do more damage and therefore get more XP.  

In reality.... that is the point of Frontline.... to farm Xp and credits while increasing your prestige to gain even more credits, consumables and ultimately, free premium tanks. All without having to really worry about who wins or loses.

I've always thought that capping zones and attacking/defending the objectives were really just a mechanism to keep the battle flowing.... 

OP, in a perfect world, I'd be inclined to agree with you. A nice bonus for a hard-fought push to destroy the objectives or a for a furious defense that manages to hold off the attackers when the team has their backs against the wall would be nice.... but the reality is there are already enough gold spamming try-hards destroying objectives with nearly ten minutes on the clock patting themselves on the back because they "won" something while they and most of their team don't even make Captain. They don't need any further encouragement quite frankly....

MountainLion1 #5 Posted Sep 24 2019 - 01:40

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24976 battles
  • [TMBPK] TMBPK
I am just one voice, but I really enjoy the fact that I can perform well and not get penalized for being on the losing side of the battle. It wouldn’t be fair for a General on a losing team to get the same payout as a Captain on the winning team, just my thoughts on the subject. See y’all on the battlefield.

jst2gr8 #6 Posted Sep 24 2019 - 01:46

Captain

• Players
  • 65444 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostBeWary, on Sep 23 2019 - 13:51, said:

Been playing this game for years on and off, but just tried Frontlines this past week.  It has potential to be a lot of fun, but since the winning team gets nothing extra, people are purposely advocating losing zones to prolong the game so they can do more damage and therefore get more XP.  This is gamey and negates the design and gameplay mechanics of the rest of Frontline.  You might as well just make one big territory and let everyone shoot each other non-stop.

Please give the winning team extra rewards.  More XP and credits at least would be great.

Thanks for listening.

Be Wary out there...

Don't look at it as winning or losing. You want to try to rank up in prestige. That is what the mode is about, well, and credit grinding. I got two tanks out of FrontLine. 

BeWary #7 Posted Sep 24 2019 - 15:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 5745 battles

View PostMountainLion1, on Sep 23 2019 - 18:40, said:

I am just one voice, but I really enjoy the fact that I can perform well and not get penalized for being on the losing side of the battle. It wouldn’t be fair for a General on a losing team to get the same payout as a Captain on the winning team, just my thoughts on the subject. See y’all on the battlefield.

I'm not advocating for penalizing the loser in any way.  They should continue to get the same rewards.  I'd just like to see additional bonuses for the winner.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users