A Few Wheeled Vehicle Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

CanadianPuppy #1 Posted Sep 24 2019 - 19:29

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 414 battles

I haven't seen too many of the higher tier EBRs but I have seen replays, and I have a few suggestions to make them a bit more balanced.

I. Wheeled vehicles take more damage from hitting obstacles. Fixed and unmovable objects should hurt wheeled vehicles much more, since they have two things that would contribute to this: weak armour and much higher speeds. Driving a HMMWV into a solid concrete wall at maximum speed would likely cause extensive damage.

II. Wheeled vehicles should have handling similar to the Leopard Sport in the ongoing Tank Races. Fast, but suffering from poor handling. Wheels can make turns faster than treads, but take a much greater risk at higher speeds. Most SUVs would flip if they take a highway ramp at 70kph and most cars would be testing fate by doing the same. Yes, AFVs were built to be a bit more stable. However, physics is physics. More mass = More force. If semitrucks can flip, so can an EBR

III. Further vulnerability to crew injuries and more drastic consequences. Everyone has likely seen a wheeled vehicle hit a wall at full speed and come to a complete stop. As Sir Isaac Newton tells us "An object in motion stays in motion unless acted upon by an outside force". The crew inside of the wheeled vehicle would likely be severely injured or killed by hitting an immovable object. Even with seat belts, they would sustain internal hemorrhaging and brain damage from the impact. I realise that this is a bit more complex than the game would want to go into (since there are countless ways that a person could be severely injured), but the crews in wheeled vehicles seem much more resilient than most other tanks.

IV. Ramming damage should be adjusted. A 17 ton armoured car should never be able to do significant damage to a tank with 3x the armour and 4-5x the weight. A Koenigsegg Agera would not significantly damage a BTR-90.

jeremy1992 #2 Posted Sep 24 2019 - 19:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 17234 battles
  • [CR506] CR506
Agree and why the hell wheelies absorb damage wth.

Chtholly_Seniorious #3 Posted Sep 24 2019 - 19:44

Captain

• Players
  • 37357 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
Considering if you hit a bump in the 105 it's kinda a 50/50 already if you just die nah.  And for them absorbing dmg that's you hitting it below the hull so you only knock a wheel out

Selkmanam #4 Posted Sep 24 2019 - 20:01

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15868 battles
  • [WILDH] WILDH
that would kill all the fun of driving an EBR

HOTA_CHATON #5 Posted Sep 24 2019 - 20:04

Major

• Players
  • 13579 battles
  • [MSG] MSG

View PostSelkmanam, on Sep 24 2019 - 13:01, said:

That;s the whole point and it's a good one.  They need to go for sure.

Yuri53 #6 Posted Sep 24 2019 - 20:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28822 battles
After being gone for 6 years and only being back after a couple of months, I saw the EBRs running around with impunity in matches. I saw the complaints about them in the forums here and thought, ok....people don't like them because they are hard to shoot and just like Arty, they are crying. But after the last two Frontlines, I have to agree. I have shot them with TD's, Hvy Tanks, Meds and smacked a few with Arty and they just keep going. Last time I checked the physics of a wheeled vehicle, they don't do well in a couple areas...with heavy armor, they are not fast. So, why is it when I hit one, it just keeps going after being hit with a 76 to 120 mm round?  With tires and light armor hitting a rock and still going...something isn't right.

seba____ #7 Posted Sep 24 2019 - 21:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 32232 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

Newtonian mechanics are way too simplistic to explain this kind of phenomena, think in terms of fracture mechanics, fracture toughness an kinetic energy. That's why you can punch through thin drywall without injuring your knuckles but you can't do the same with a reinforced concrete wall.

BetrayedHeretic #8 Posted Sep 24 2019 - 21:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 17330 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

View PostSelkmanam, on Sep 24 2019 - 11:01, said:

View PostHOTA_CHATON, on Sep 24 2019 - 11:04, said:

That;s the whole point and it's a good one.  They need to go for sure.

They are not realistic. too fast, to too maneuverable, too accurate when at speed or turning. 

If a large caliber gun was to hit anything of that size, the object would be completely destroyed. 

Hans_von_Twitchy #9 Posted Sep 24 2019 - 22:18

Captain

• -Players-
  • 43158 battles
  • [FUWG] FUWG

Yesterday, I hit a clown car with a gold round from my T110E4. All it did was buckle one wheel. I hate the goddamned clown cars and their affects on this game.

Claus has several videos where he plays clown cars and immediately zips through the enemy tanks and kills their arties. Takes about 45 seconds, and he nearly always succeeds and makes it back to his own lines again. How is this good for the game?

FrDashing #10 Posted Sep 24 2019 - 22:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20683 battles
  • [-BC-F] -BC-F
Armored cars are way too fast, on road sure, but on soft terrain? C'mon...

LateralusTOOL #11 Posted Sep 24 2019 - 23:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30951 battles
  • [T0OL] T0OL

View Postminneerminneer, on Sep 24 2019 - 13:44, said:

Considering if you hit a bump in the 105 it's kinda a 50/50 already if you just die nah.  And for them absorbing dmg that's you hitting it below the hull so you only knock a wheel out

Lets not bring facts into this....

CanadianPuppy #12 Posted Sep 25 2019 - 19:29

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 414 battles

View Postseba____, on Sep 24 2019 - 14:02, said:

Newtonian mechanics are way too simplistic to explain this kind of phenomena, think in terms of fracture mechanics, fracture toughness an kinetic energy. That's why you can punch through thin drywall without injuring your knuckles but you can't do the same with a reinforced concrete wall.

I am not well taught outside of general Newtonian physics and last I check, Neil DeGrasse Tyson hasn't answered my phone calls to explain it to me.

I do have a friend who works for the CARSP (Canadian Association of Road Safety Professionals) and he's my go to guide for impact physics e.g. hitting a pothole at 60kph or colliding with a stationary car at 75kph and the injuries it would cause to both driver and vehicle.

Edited by CanadianPuppy, Sep 25 2019 - 19:35.

Troa_Barton #13 Posted Sep 26 2019 - 14:19

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4187 battles
  • [CHMC] CHMC

Yeah no, have you played them? You watched a replay of someone having a 1 in 1,000,000 game.

They aren't as flexible as normal lights, don't work as well on most maps, and aside from the T10 can't have max view range and even then the other lights go well beyond 445m. Their gimmick is speed (as well as maintaining it) and they trade a lot for it. The only reason it's viewed as a negative is because most people can't shoot something unless its stationary and lit.

You don't damage a light when you hit tracks either and most lights worth their salt won't expose themselves without a repair handy.

I can't tell you how many times i've led a light tank with arty only to have it halt at 20g's and my shot miss because someone tracked it.

This isn't a simulator if it was those crew members would be knocked out at the very least when they get tracked, and arty would obliterate everyone with one shot.

CanadianPuppy #14 Posted Sep 26 2019 - 14:59

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 414 battles

View PostTroa_Barton, on Sep 26 2019 - 07:19, said:

Yeah no, have you played them? You watched a replay of someone having a 1 in 1,000,000 game.

They aren't as flexible as normal lights, don't work as well on most maps, and aside from the T10 can't have max view range and even then the other lights go well beyond 445m. Their gimmick is speed (as well as maintaining it) and they trade a lot for it. The only reason it's viewed as a negative is because most people can't shoot something unless its stationary and lit.

You don't damage a light when you hit tracks either and most lights worth their salt won't expose themselves without a repair handy.

I can't tell you how many times i've led a light tank with arty only to have it halt at 20g's and my shot miss because someone tracked it.

This isn't a simulator if it was those crew members would be knocked out at the very least when they get tracked, and arty would obliterate everyone with one shot.

I am not a high tier player, I'm relatively new. I haven't gotten much time in since the new events came out and they're a bit more enjoyable than hearing "your stats suck, etc..." on the NA Server. 

I did not say that artillery was going to have increased chance of injuring wheelie crews. And I doubt that 1 million games have been played in wheelies. I did not say the tracking an enemy was going to apply.

You stated that most light tanks won't expose themselves without a repair kit, but why would that be? Could it possibly be that they don't have any tracks to spare? Unlike a wheelie, a light tank comes to complete stop when it's suspension is damaged for a split second until a) the repair kit is used or b) the crew repairs the track.

Wheelies do not have to come to a complete stop, making them much more likely to just double R and steer with A & D and use assisted aimlock. 

GeneralSchwartzkopf #15 Posted Sep 26 2019 - 15:47

Private

• Players
  • 9575 battles
It would also be fantastic if shells that hit the wheels can actually penetrate the vehicle. I feel like 9/10 times my shell hits the target and simply destroys a wheel rather than dealing damage when IRL that shell would go through the wheel, through the tank itself, through whatever was inside the tank, and out the other side and the other wheels.

ta_fourtrax #16 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 02:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 39889 battles
  • [P_O_W] P_O_W
the wheeled vehicles are too good at adsorbing damage.  fix or remove from game. there are OP for what they should be

Edited by ta_fourtrax, Sep 27 2019 - 03:18.

3161chromie #17 Posted Sep 29 2019 - 22:12

Private

• Players
  • 24392 battles
  • [IKU] IKU
wheeled ebr's are way overpowered and bad for this game in their current condition. Please remove or nerf,

deter77 #18 Posted Sep 30 2019 - 01:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 13865 battles
  • [1-NUB] 1-NUB

View PostFrDashing, on Sep 24 2019 - 21:25, said:

Armored cars are way too fast, on road sure, but on soft terrain? C'mon...

EXACTLY!!

This super armored car BS is lame.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users