• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Reformed_Polish #1 Posted Sep 26 2019 - 07:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3851 battles
  • [REL-B] REL-B

You can solve this problem easily. 

Just put a 10k credits and 1k experience penalty for 0 damage players.

This will bring many benefits: 1)People will start to take the game seriously 2) Less afks 3) A more competitive comunity 4) Less bots.

Stop making this game just for casuals, in the current state random battles are just a crapshow.

Lets punish useless people!!

Geekachu #2 Posted Sep 26 2019 - 07:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 13443 battles
Punishing people for playing the game, 200 IQ business strategy right here.

alphadogg64 #3 Posted Sep 26 2019 - 07:38

Captain

• Players
  • 1163 battles

No, 0 damage players are fun to farm

I'm sure there are other reasons against it, too

P0NYTANK #4 Posted Sep 26 2019 - 07:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43987 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

View PostGeekachu, on Sep 26 2019 - 00:38, said:

Punishing people for playing the game, 200 IQ business strategy right here.

Play this game sometimes is enough Punishment... :(

JakeTheMystic #5 Posted Sep 26 2019 - 08:19

Major

• Players
  • 25015 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Everyone has a 0 damage game every one and a while. I've been trying every tank in my garage to find one that would be an easy ace for the union missions. While in my 100y I 1 shot a wolverine blind from across the map, he did nothing wrong, didn't play dumb or anything, just purely bad luck on his part. 

Punishing people for playing the game is just going to make more people leave. 

VooDooKobra #6 Posted Sep 26 2019 - 08:27

Major

• Players
  • 10051 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostReformed_Polish, on Sep 25 2019 - 23:17, said:

This will bring many benefits: 1)People will start to take the game seriously 2) Less afks 3) A more competitive comunity 4) Less bots.

Stop making this game just for casuals, in the current state random battles are just a crapshow.

so making people quit and killing the game is how you solve the "problem"?

you make assumptions that people who do 0 dmg are not trying, while that may be true of some players it would be asinine to punish players who do 0 if they are passive spotting in a 2 tier down light tank,  they are unlucky enough to get derped  , they get arty focused, or they are just unlucky enough to get focus fired before they can do damage.  i very rarely see afks so really not much of an issue, then again punishing someone who loses internet.  again a bad idea.  i am assuming though that by bots you mean players who are not as good as you at a video game?

i get it though, what you want is to force people you and your sense of entitlement do not feel should be in this game to other games and since the good players are in the minority what do you think will happen to the game?

Edited by VooDooKobra, Sep 26 2019 - 08:29.

ObrumPL #7 Posted Sep 26 2019 - 09:01

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19396 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2
Looks to me like OP :arta: is raging after a few bad games and then has the audacity to suggest an idea that would surely kill the game by new years. :facepalm:

Reformed_Polish #8 Posted Sep 26 2019 - 09:09

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3851 battles
  • [REL-B] REL-B

If you say that having a 0 damage game is just bad luck then why always 1/3 of my teammates do 0 damage in 60% of the games? Everybody got bad luck this days or what?.

I can understand having a 0 damage game every like 500 battles, So if you lose 10k credits and 1k xp every 500 battles its not a big deal .

But if u are a dude that do 0 damage every 10 battles then you are obliged to learn about the game and mechanics.

Making the game more COMPETITIVE thats the point, people is justplaying randomly, i could say that 1 or maybe 2 teammates are tryhards and everybody else are just casuals throwing every single game whitout punishment.

And if your point is "But players are gonna leave" seriously come on competitive games are on top league of legends, starcraft, cs:go, etc.

If the game is competitive the game its gonna be successful.

Buttknuckle #9 Posted Sep 26 2019 - 09:17

Major

• Players
  • 52380 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

When rerolls go wrong, come to forum and complain about teams. Solid stat.

RetroMan55 #10 Posted Sep 26 2019 - 10:05

Captain

• Players
  • 93739 battles
  • [DWING] DWING

View PostReformed_Polish, on Sep 26 2019 - 00:17, said:

Blame RNG and bad teams.  I have had many games since the last major update where all my shots either miss, critical damage or bounce.  This is even with high or mid tier, fully upgraded tanks with 3-5 skill crews and yet even the best bounce off the sides of LT's or shoot into the ground far too often.  Bad games happen to everyone at some time or another.  RNG doesn't help the situation.  Teams that think they just discovered the idea of if we all go to one flank they'll never expect that!  In those cases if you find yourself out-numbered on the weak side, just one or two crits or misses and you are dead with 0 damage.

kebab6597 #11 Posted Sep 26 2019 - 10:46

Major

• Players
  • 58519 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

No need to punish people for having a bad game OP we all have 0 damage games sometimes but there is nothing wrong with giving people who do nothing 0 XP + 0 credits for those rare games that they do 0 damage 0 spotting 0 assist 0 capping ect

In short "DO NOWT GET NOWT"

Dishonest_John #12 Posted Sep 26 2019 - 11:12

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7529 battles
  • [BIBLE] BIBLE

View PostReformed_Polish, on Sep 26 2019 - 01:17, said:

This will bring many benefits: 1)People will start to take the game seriously 2) Less (Fewer) afks (made-up term)3) A more competitive comunity  (community) 4) Less (Fewer) bots.

Stop making this game just for casuals, in the current state random battles are just a crapshow. (made-up word)

Lets (Let's)  punish useless people!!

FYFY  - MAYBE WE SHOULD JUST PUT A 10K CREDIT AND 1K EXPERIENCE PENALTY FOR EVERY GRAMMAR MISTAKE IN THE FORUMS?

"Stop making this game just for casuals"

WOT  is a free-to-play online video GAME. It is NOT real life, a vocation, or a training system. If you do not like the game population, move on to something else where you feel your special talents are recognized and adored. 

Meanwhile, let others play and learn at their pace in peace. 

Get over yourself.:popcorn:

Edited by Dishonest_John, Sep 26 2019 - 11:14.

Eleven_Hotel #13 Posted Sep 26 2019 - 12:18

Captain

• Players
  • 93166 battles
  • [1VETS] 1VETS
So you get Punished AGAIN for playing the AMX 40 when it puts you in a Tier 6 match with 3 SPGs?

TheDerpinator9000 #14 Posted Sep 26 2019 - 13:57

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18686 battles
  • [L-O-K] L-O-K

How you solve this problem is not punishing people for doing poorly it's for rewarding them for doing well.

If you want to make this game more competitive and see people with less 0 damage games then you gotta train a playerbase that IS competitive and WANTS to have NO 0 damage games. (Now, I literally know 0 people who want 0 damage games, but stuff happens.)

Things that may cause 0 damage games that rely on the player:
Positioning.
Teams Positioning.

Enemy Team Positioning.

Map Awareness.

Tank Utilization.

These are all things that one can be taught over time through simply having a helping hand and playing the game. No matter what, everyone at some point is going to have a 0 damage game, whether they get ammo racked before they can do anything or accidentally fall off a cliff, but punishing them for having a bad game is one of the worst ways to go about it.

VooDooKobra #15 Posted Sep 26 2019 - 13:58

Major

• Players
  • 10051 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostReformed_Polish, on Sep 26 2019 - 01:09, said:

If you say that having a 0 damage game is just bad luck then why always 1/3 of my teammates do 0 damage in 60% of the games? Everybody got bad luck this days or what?.

I can understand having a 0 damage game every like 500 battles, So if you lose 10k credits and 1k xp every 500 battles its not a big deal .

But if u are a dude that do 0 damage every 10 battles then you are obliged to learn about the game and mechanics.

Making the game more COMPETITIVE thats the point, people is justplaying randomly, i could say that 1 or maybe 2 teammates are tryhards and everybody else are just casuals throwing every single game whitout punishment.

And if your point is "But players are gonna leave" seriously come on competitive games are on top league of legends, starcraft, cs:go, etc.

If the game is competitive the game its gonna be successful.

i never said it was just bad luck but there are quite a few reasons why a person could get a 0 dmg game that are beyond the players control

again you are making assumptions,  you do not know how often these players in your one game get 0 dmg game.  your idiotic fix will not make the game more competitive it will make the game deasd.  it will make the game more campy because no one will want to get focused or eliminated fast by a TD they cannot see.  if you want a game that doesnt have casuals then maybe a f2p game is not for you.  

View PostReformed_Polish, on Sep 26 2019 - 01:31, said:

Lets be honest guys random battles are just crapshows you always have one of this:

1) 3 Artys (retarded).

2) Afks or people playing 5 minutes later (looking youtube or whatsap)

3) Lemming trains or just retarded composition (not taking the game seriously not even a little bit)

4) People doing 0 damage in high tier (which is non-sense because you have to land at least one shot before dying).

5) Lights or heavys camping at base. (Whitout a single knowledge of how spoting and angulation works).

Nothing of this things are a ban reason and everybody could do it whitout a single punishment.

My point its not hard, You play good you get rewarded, You play bad you get punished THATS HOW 80% OF THE GAMES WORK.

1. read the latest news they are reducing atry per game

2. very rarely do i see an afk tank, sometimes a disconnect but even then they player usually comes back

3.  lemming trains only go bad then someone chickens out and the train stalls.  you cant force another player to play how you want

4.  no it is not for the reasons you choose to ignore, not to mention sometimes being bottom tier in a tier 10 game and being a scout that runs into a TD hiding that takes him out fast.  it does happen

5.  that is bad play but not every heavy should be at the front.  for example the AMX 50 100 should be at the back in a position to play support

tell me what games remove xp/coin if you play poorly?  you say 80% of them do can you name any?  as well you cant punish people for being bad at a game since there is no rule that says you have to be good at it.  if you cannot handle bad players in pvp may i recommend single player games?

dave_292 #16 Posted Sep 26 2019 - 15:00

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 29056 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
Zero damage games are just a reality. I have one shotted people leaving them with a zero game and I was 1 shotted yesterday by a 183. I had no way to know he was ready to fire or that he was there. Just boom. It was a fun 45 sec game for me.

cavalry11 #17 Posted Sep 26 2019 - 15:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49896 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT
I bet he has more than just a few games where he did no damage, just someone with a bad idea raging.

_Tsavo_ #18 Posted Sep 26 2019 - 15:25

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46559 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

No, that's dumb. 

Waarheid #19 Posted Sep 26 2019 - 15:38

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16433 battles
0 damage games already come with a penalty. Little to no XP, and the full repair cost for your blowed-up tank. 

Edited by Waarheid, Sep 26 2019 - 15:38.

Carde #20 Posted Sep 26 2019 - 15:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 60321 battles

I dont have a problem with fining people for zero contribution matches and i have my share of legit crashes.  I can afford to shell out coin for having a bad rig once in a while and this would dis-incentivize people who drop into matches with no intention to contribute. There are bot accounts with tens of thousands of matches.  When you have something occur more than ten thousand times, I believe that the system needs to be adjusted. When you drop into a 15v15, there are 14 other people on your team that suffer a burden if you are not playing.  While the burden is globally shared due to the randomness of the matchmaker, that burden is not equally shared by the people who repeatedly cause the problem (who are in fact the beneficiaries of a broken system).  Rather than take a dig at the op, I would be okay with making it more costly for career bots.

I cant say the same for bad players, however.  People that at least try or have bad games are different from bots and saboteur accounts.

Edited by Carde, Sep 26 2019 - 15:50.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users