Sale Recruitment Balance Unfair

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

empyreal_recon #1 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 18:52

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21972 battles
  • [INSNE] INSNE

The Overwhelming Bombardment of new Premium Tanks to Buy... Recruitment drive for new players... Teams Stacked to Guarantee Wins... 

?who would recommend one of their friends to spend the next few years totally discouraged by this broken system and spend their money?

Do not bother fixing it... no proof needed... and those who support this S$%# continue.

Rngfdme #2 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 18:59

Private

• -Players-
  • 1021 battles
  • [AORT] AORT

View Postempyreal_recon, on Sep 27 2019 - 18:52, said:

The Overwhelming Bombardment of new Premium Tanks to Buy... Recruitment drive for new players... Teams Stacked to Guarantee Wins...

?who would recommend one of their friends to spend the next few years totally discouraged by this broken system and spend their money?

Do not bother fixing it... no proof needed... and those who support this S$%# continue.

So in your little fantasy world they just keep making the game for nothing?  Is that how you think things work, that everything is just done for free?  You must be still at home being supported by mommy and daddy cause in the real world, you have to pay for products, how hard is that to understand?  Games are made to make money, not just free for all, people that think free to play really exists in any quality game are just foolish.

ArmorStorm #3 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 19:19

Major

• Players
  • 37707 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

I enjoy the game, just bought the Senlac.  

If you dislike it do...GTFO.  

Just amazes me how guys will [edited],piss,whine and moan...then go play some more.  

RIA1911 #4 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 19:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6471 battles

It's a business and it's for profit. Gotta have things to sale and gotta get new players and keep old.

Problem here is, there are many things in the game that need work as much as the other for profits things. Tank balance adjustments, fixing game problems , new or return old maps to add to map rotation, etc, etc.

WG seems to just want to annoy players though, all these codes , game modes that you have to sign up for(if your gone a couple weeks you miss these), unbalanced premium and new tanks, etc etc.

Markd73 #5 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 19:42

Major

• Players
  • 32795 battles

View Postempyreal_recon, on Sep 27 2019 - 17:52, said:

Sounds like special pleading to me.

Mojo_Riesing #6 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 19:47

Captain

• Players
  • 20241 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

View Postempyreal_recon, on Sep 27 2019 - 09:52, said:

Seriously...are you somehow...deficient?  How do you think the game is paid for?  I think a monthly subscription, and end this phony "free to play" nonsense..it would fix a LOT of problems...want to do that?  You have a problem with new player recruitment?  That's not gonna work.  AH, the old "teams stacked to guarantee wins".  Well, bubba, here's the thing. With nearly EVERY match...one team ALWAYS wins.  Hello, McFly??

Well some of us yes will support they system...and some of us want to kick the freeloaders to the street. 

dunniteowl #7 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 20:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

Oh, you know you don't mean that.

Come on, be honest, this is how you really feel, isn't it?

Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto

OvO

Projectile_Misfired #8 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 20:51

Major

• Players
  • 38695 battles

View Postempyreal_recon, on Sep 27 2019 - 17:52, said:

And yet, you'll still keep hitting that BATTLE button.

empyreal_recon #9 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 00:19

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21972 battles
  • [INSNE] INSNE

View PostRngfdme, on Sep 27 2019 - 17:59, said:

So in your little fantasy world they just keep making the game for nothing?  Is that how you think things work, that everything is just done for free?  You must be still at home being supported by mommy and daddy cause in the real world, you have to pay for products, how hard is that to understand?  Games are made to make money, not just free for all, people that think free to play really exists in any quality game are just foolish.

iTS Amazing the you players way over 50% with preferential team placements. stand in defense of the un-defendable facts that the stacked favorable placement of is ruining the game for many players... and wga has a recruitment drive for friends of these unfortunate players.... Like said "continue"

dunniteowl #10 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 00:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

View Postempyreal_recon, on Sep 27 2019 - 17:19, said:

iTS Amazing the you players way over 50% with preferential team placements. stand in defense of the un-defendable facts that the stacked favorable placement of is ruining the game for many players... and wga has a recruitment drive for friends of these unfortunate players.... Like said "continue"

And you're funny, too!

LOL

OvO

empyreal_recon #11 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 00:54

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21972 battles
  • [INSNE] INSNE
wo'nt recommend it to a friend....

Tolos #12 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 00:57

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View Postempyreal_recon, on Sep 27 2019 - 23:19, said:

It's amazing you players under 50% always blame everything else. Stand in defence of 'feelz' over facts. 

siberian_HEAT #13 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 04:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 30363 battles

View PostRIA1911, on Sep 27 2019 - 18:33, said:

WG seems to just want to annoy players though, all these codes , game modes that you have to sign up for(if your gone a couple weeks you miss these), unbalanced premium and new tanks, etc etc.

I second this re: codes and sign ups. You shouldn't have to leave the game to play the game. I see missions that I have no idea how to access in my account. I've joined tournaments that I have no idea how to access. I click links from the forum for bonus codes, and I have no idea what they give me. Even the newest batch of campaigns are complicated an unintuitive. I wish all this was streamlined so everything was INSIDE the game, but I get that Wargaming is trying to get people to leave WOT's window to see what else the company has to offer. However, when it requires a helpful person to aggregate everything inside a forum thread, you might be doing something wrong.

Logistics failures aside, I do my best to play missions and accumulate riches. :)

Copacetic #14 Posted Sep 29 2019 - 22:59

Captain

• -Players-
  • 48068 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS

View Postempyreal_recon, on Sep 28 2019 - 00:54, said:

we don't give a [edited]

Peak_Bagger #15 Posted Oct 01 2019 - 20:04

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20025 battles
  • [-T1B-] -T1B-

View Postempyreal_recon, on Sep 28 2019 - 00:54, said:

Empyreal, you have played more than 21,000 games so you're clearly enjoying it on some level but lack of winning seems to be frustrating you. You really owe it to yourself to take responsibility for your game and try to get better. That will improve your win rate and your overall enjoyment. Reach out to some of the better players in your clan. Perhaps they can give you some insights. Venting here will only draw ridicule. 

SouthOfOdd #16 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 18:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 38124 battles
  • [G-M-U] G-M-U

I play this game because I have a lot of time on my hands, and the game helps pass the time.  Having said that, it is extremely frustrating to have days on end where you losses FAR outweigh your wins.  Today alone I had a streak where I was on 7 straight losing matches.  Also, over the last 2 weeks, my win ratio has been 48%.  I know what you are thinking.... that isn't too bad. You are correct!  But over the last month my win rate has been 47.22%.  Still not bad....  But over the last 3 months it has been 46.93%  So, you see, I am slowly slipping down the win/loss column, and when you have nearly 40k games, you just don't make that up.  But on the bright side, my overall damage and kill ratio is going up.

I also notice that I have a tremendous amount of losing streaks.  Today alone, I had one streak of 7 straight defeats where the team I was on had only 3-5 kills! Oh, and the matches themselves.  2 were over in less than 5 minutes and the longest loss went a little over 8 minutes..... Those were absolute blowout losses due to one team being much better than the other team.

So, I put in a ticket asking WG'ing why they didn't match teams up more on player skill instead of the current MM'ing of armor/tiers in the queue.... Here is the response I got:

Thanks for writing back to us.

The addition of skill-based conditions to the matchmaking equation would disrupt the very idea behind Random Battles. Although the mode has rules, there is an element of randomness to each battle, and the thrill that comes with it is what we all love about Random Battles. 

Everyone gets a chance to become a hero, to prove their worth playing against people with different battle histories. It wouldn’t be possible with skill-based matchmaking.

I must admit, it is a HUGE thrill to be totally steamrolled in 4-5 minutes by a team that is way better.  How do I know they are better? Well, I have actually taken the time to add up the player ratings of each team in a few of the matches I have been in that were huge blowout losses.  I have also looked at the tanks played and seen how many battles a player has had in that tank.  Typically, not always, the winning team has had a rating average 6-700 higher than the team that lost.  Now, that may not sound like a lot, BUT, that is huge.  That means that the winning team had players that 1) had better actual ability, and 2) their tank crews had better crew skills than the tanks of the team that lost.

So, how, as the above response says, does a player get to be a "hero" in a situation like that..... well, I guess if dying heroically is the goal, then they achieve it that way.  Personally, that is not the kind of hero I would like to be...... but I digress.....sigh.

What it sounds like to me is that the idea that WG'ing has for a random battle is..... screw you, we will do what we want and you either live with it or go away.  And unfortunately, as long as people keep spending money buying premium tanks (that won't make you play any better) and premium accounts (that also won't make you play any better), then they have no incentive to change anything. 

So, take this as you will, it is unfortunate, in my opinion, that World of Tanks cannot be set up so that a player can be matched up on truly balanced teams, so slog on in the game, or move on in life.......sigh......

dunniteowl #17 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 20:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

View PostSouthOfOdd, on Oct 02 2019 - 11:38, said:

I play this game because I have a lot of time on my hands, and the game helps pass the time.  Having said that, it is extremely frustrating to have days on end where you losses FAR outweigh your wins.  Today alone I had a streak where I was on 7 straight losing matches.  Also, over the last 2 weeks, my win ratio has been 48%.  I know what you are thinking.... that isn't too bad. You are correct!  But over the last month my win rate has been 47.22%.  Still not bad....  But over the last 3 months it has been 46.93%  So, you see, I am slowly slipping down the win/loss column, and when you have nearly 40k games, you just don't make that up.  But on the bright side, my overall damage and kill ratio is going up.

I also notice that I have a tremendous amount of losing streaks.  Today alone, I had one streak of 7 straight defeats where the team I was on had only 3-5 kills! Oh, and the matches themselves.  2 were over in less than 5 minutes and the longest loss went a little over 8 minutes..... Those were absolute blowout losses due to one team being much better than the other team.

So, I put in a ticket asking WG'ing why they didn't match teams up more on player skill instead of the current MM'ing of armor/tiers in the queue.... Here is the response I got:

Thanks for writing back to us.

The addition of skill-based conditions to the matchmaking equation would disrupt the very idea behind Random Battles. Although the mode has rules, there is an element of randomness to each battle, and the thrill that comes with it is what we all love about Random Battles. 

Everyone gets a chance to become a hero, to prove their worth playing against people with different battle histories. It wouldn’t be possible with skill-based matchmaking.

I must admit, it is a HUGE thrill to be totally steamrolled in 4-5 minutes by a team that is way better.  How do I know they are better? Well, I have actually taken the time to add up the player ratings of each team in a few of the matches I have been in that were huge blowout losses.  I have also looked at the tanks played and seen how many battles a player has had in that tank.  Typically, not always, the winning team has had a rating average 6-700 higher than the team that lost.  Now, that may not sound like a lot, BUT, that is huge.  That means that the winning team had players that 1) had better actual ability, and 2) their tank crews had better crew skills than the tanks of the team that lost.

So, how, as the above response says, does a player get to be a "hero" in a situation like that..... well, I guess if dying heroically is the goal, then they achieve it that way.  Personally, that is not the kind of hero I would like to be...... but I digress.....sigh.

What it sounds like to me is that the idea that WG'ing has for a random battle is..... screw you, we will do what we want and you either live with it or go away.  And unfortunately, as long as people keep spending money buying premium tanks (that won't make you play any better) and premium accounts (that also won't make you play any better), then they have no incentive to change anything. 

So, take this as you will, it is unfortunate, in my opinion, that World of Tanks cannot be set up so that a player can be matched up on truly balanced teams, so slog on in the game, or move on in life.......sigh......

49 Top Guns

267 High Calibers

765 Confederates

A Pool's

A Kolobanovs

Hmm, that sure looks like "Hero" level awards to me.

Perhaps you are not looking at this as objectively as you can?

OvO

SouthOfOdd #18 Posted Oct 03 2019 - 16:04

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 38124 battles
  • [G-M-U] G-M-U

View Postdunniteowl, on Oct 02 2019 - 20:00, said:

49 Top Guns

267 High Calibers

765 Confederates

A Pool's

A Kolobanovs

Hmm, that sure looks like "Hero" level awards to me.

Perhaps you are not looking at this as objectively as you can?

OvO

Sigh..... you missed the entire point of my post.......but then, that is to be expected I guess, since most who are in the Forums have drunk the WoT Koolaid.......

dunniteowl #19 Posted Oct 03 2019 - 17:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

Ahem.  No, sir.  I believe YOU missed the point.  I think I addressed QUITE specifically your one lament that I could point to as a thing.  And I made a clear point of it being something You HAVE done -- got to be the hero.  Perception destroyed, but that's a good thing, because you get to see you DID get to be a hero.  And that was the POINT of the WGs stated position about Random MM.

In short, it does appear to be working -- at least on a random basis.

Was there a problem?

OvO

AZandEL #20 Posted Oct 05 2019 - 16:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30497 battles

View PostArmorStorm, on Sep 27 2019 - 18:19, said:

I enjoy the game, just bought the Senlac.  

If you dislike it do...GTFO.  

Just amazes me how guys will [edited],piss,whine and moan...then go play some more.  

Have you ever heard of trying to improve something? Seems any criticism of this game in this forum is immediately shat upon, Your post is typical.

Also tagged with Sale, Recruitment, Balance, Unfair

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users