Map exclusion needs to be by the tank not by the account

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Tedsc #1 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 19:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 46401 battles
I have had 25 battles today primarily in Tortoise and AT15A and not 1 single urban map!  No Karkhov, no Ensk, no Paris, It has been Karalia, Steppes and Glacier almost exclusively.  Glacier has good close quarters combat but in super slow vehicles you can never get there before getting shot to hell so not much point in trying.  And I find that a lot of my frustration in this game is over how rare it is to get entertaining battle conditions.  You get a good map for your tank but their are 3 arty or 3 tiers of tanks in the battle.  You have to play for hours to get a single tier battle with 1 or 0 arty on a map that is good for your tank.

tanopasman62 #2 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 19:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 21434 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_

You can switch your blocked maps depending on which tank you want to focus on any given session.

The feature is mostly fine, but should also work for encounter/assault so people doesn't have to block the modes if they don't want to see a map in particular.

Panzerkind #3 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 19:06

Major

• Players
  • 37542 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
Nah, making it for all tanks across an account makes it so players have to make an informed decision about which maps they are going to exclude based on what their playstyle is. 

Tedsc #4 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 19:15

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 46401 battles

View PostPanzerkind, on Sep 27 2019 - 19:06, said:

Nah, making it for all tanks across an account makes it so players have to make an informed decision about which maps they are going to exclude based on what their playstyle is. 

Across the board exclusions has the opposite affect.  it means certain maps get very little rotation because they are unpopular with many but really popular with some.  Urban maps in particular are Popular with big slow heavily armored vehicles, not so much with arty or scouts.  If it were tanks specific their would be more urban maps in rotation and the battles would have fewer lights and arty in them so the battles would be more fun.  On the opposite side of the coin, I would actually play Fishermans bay and Malinovka if I could exclude slow big vehicles alone.  As it stands, 4 hour cool down timer means I just leave Fisherman Bay and Malinovka permanently banned because 4 hours is just so damn long!  I may play 2 hours in the morning and not again so 4 hours is not realistic turn around.

RIA1911 #5 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 19:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6474 battles
They should have never put this feature into the game. We all did fine without it for years. 

tanopasman62 #6 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 19:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 21434 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_

View PostTedsc, on Sep 27 2019 - 19:15, said:

Across the board exclusions has the opposite affect.  it means certain maps get very little rotation because they are unpopular with many but really popular with some.  Urban maps in particular are Popular with big slow heavily armored vehicles, not so much with arty or scouts.  If it were tanks specific their would be more urban maps in rotation and the battles would have fewer lights and arty in them so the battles would be more fun.  On the opposite side of the coin, I would actually play Fishermans bay and Malinovka if I could exclude slow big vehicles alone.  As it stands, 4 hour cool down timer means I just leave Fisherman Bay and Malinovka permanently banned because 4 hours is just so damn long!  I may play 2 hours in the morning and not again so 4 hours is not realistic turn around.

Just switch your banned maps at the start of each session.

Either way if you implemented it on a per tank or per class basis then you'd have Paris games with nothing but heavies and assault TDs or Malinovka with 10 TDs, 3 arties and 2 lights, it is fine the way it is, people bans one or two maps and plays the rest with whatever they want, which may or may not be the right tank for the map.

View PostRIA1911, on Sep 27 2019 - 19:24, said:

They should have never put this feature into the game. We all did fine without it for years. 

Yeah, no.

I'm happy with not being dumped into Prokhocancer anymore.

Tedsc #7 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 19:34

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 46401 battles

View PostRIA1911, on Sep 27 2019 - 19:24, said:

No we didn't.  Waiting an eternity for an entertaining battle is why people tried the game for a thousand battles or two then moved on.  Getting entertaining battle circumstances for the tank you are in is fun.  Even if it means playing against similar tanks that also thrive in those circumstances.  Do you think real military deploy just a mishmash of random crap to a battle field or do they send weapons appropriate for the mission?  

It has always been and continues to be a major fail for WG that so many of your battles are bringing knives to gun fights.  

HermanMonster #8 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 19:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6672 battles

View PostRIA1911, on Sep 27 2019 - 13:24, said:

Blocking 1 or 2 maps still leaves you with maps similar to the ones you don't like. I sort of agree we don't need this feature, the early players still disliked some maps , but they learned and adapted as best as they could. Having maps we didn't like didn't seem to hurt much , since the player base was larger before this feature was added, but then again the early players were different from many who play the game now.

Tedsc #9 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 19:55

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 46401 battles

View Posttanopasman62, on Sep 27 2019 - 19:33, said:

Either way if you implemented it on a per tank or per class basis then you'd have Paris games with nothing but heavies and assault TDs or Malinovka with 10 TDs, 3 arties and 2 lights.

This sounds GREAT to me.  No more sacrificial classes, and only appropriate vehicles on the battlefield.  AKA a fair fight!  THIS sounds EPIC to me.  Right now roughly a 3rd of every team doesn't belong on that map.  And that is if you are lucky enough to get a single tier battle, which is also rare.  Usually you get stuck in a tank fighting some dude throwing rocks while riding a bike because 3 tier MM is actually a thing!  It is impossible to get good matches!  

When I have 4 or 5 bad matches in a row I get pretty YOLOish.  If I only get 1 good match in 10 battles then I am going to power through the 9  boring battles as quickly as possible!  This means no premium ammo, no consumables used, and generally play super aggressively to try and get killed quickly.

NeckRomancer #10 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 19:58

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7704 battles
I haven't blocked any maps yet. i just wonder how having a lot players block a couple certain maps affect how often you see other maps you still don't care to play on . Also how this may affect the rest of the player base, will this make them see a map they hate more often and drive them from the game, mainly the free to play player base. This game needs more players and more maps.

Tedsc #11 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 20:13

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 46401 battles

View PostNeckRomancer, on Sep 27 2019 - 19:58, said:

I haven't blocked any maps yet. i just wonder how having a lot players block a couple certain maps affect how often you see other maps you still don't care to play on . Also how this may affect the rest of the player base, will this make them see a map they hate more often and drive them from the game, mainly the free to play player base. This game needs more players and more maps.

That is kind of where I am driving at too just from a different angle.   If I could block it by tank then all maps would still effectively be in the rotation still.  Under the current system MM has a hard time putting people into battles on Malinovka or Ensk because  so many people have perma bans on them.

NeckRomancer #12 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 20:16

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7704 battles

View PostTedsc, on Sep 27 2019 - 13:34, said:

Do you think real military deploy just a mishmash of random crap to a battle field or do they send weapons appropriate for the mission?  

Yes of course the military tries to send out what force they think they need for any given battle.  But i also know that the battlefield conditions change the moment the battle starts and they adapt and use what they have on hand. That's one reason they use a mixture of forces in any given area so they can adjust. Plus If your on defense you use what you have , good example the Battle of the Bulge, lots of inventive adjusting to survive and win. No starting plan survives through out a battle.

I think if you start excluding too much stuff in this game to make it fit a perfect ideal of tanks on certain maps , you'll gonna lose a lot of variety that can happen in this game. Like as an example a light tank that breaks through on a city map and causing havoc for a few minutes in the rear of the opposing team which then opens up a flank for your team to win. Having to adapt to the maps , makes things harder , yes , but the challenge is there to overcome.

dunniteowl #13 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 20:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

People really use that?

Not even remotely interested in reducing my map access.  I'll play a map I don't like and learn to play it before I say, "Into the Chokie!"

OvO

StoneTitan #14 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 20:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3990 battles
No problem with current system and doing by tank class would have a similar effect from another angle.  I agree with just switching your banned map(s) when you decide to switch tanks.  Although, "Prokhocancer" is actually one of my favorite maps.;)  I banned Widepark, because I never know which way to go anymore on that map from either side.

tanopasman62 #15 Posted Sep 27 2019 - 20:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 21434 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_

View PostStoneTitan, on Sep 27 2019 - 20:34, said:

No problem with current system and doing by tank class would have a similar effect from another angle.  I agree with just switching your banned map(s) when you decide to switch tanks.  Although, "Prokhocancer" is actually one of my favorite maps.;)  I banned Widepark, because I never know which way to go anymore on that map from either side.

Yeah Widepark is trash as well as Province, but those are tier limited so you stop getting them at higher tiers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users