Jump to content


CT 1.6.1 Adds Bond Shop [CWs Tanks For Bonds]

what is WG thinking

  • Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

JakeTheMystic #1 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 07:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 25015 battles
  • 2,933
  • [OPIC] OPIC
  • Member since:
    12-30-2011

Credit to the original post on the EU forums: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/723379-bonds-shop/#topmost

 

Spoiler

 

So what do you think about this? 

 

WG Staff said this may or may not represent what is to come in the near future. If they are testing it in this way then that means they aren't going to shy away from selling CWs tanks for bonds in the future; What a way to give the middle finger to anyone who has put in the time or effort to be in a clan. Nice. 

 

I can understand premium tanks (hopefully good ones and not the pieces of trash on the tech tree), even tanks they removed like 183, 215b, and 155. Just don't sell the CWs tanks for the love of god, the one thing left that players would actually need to be in a clan to earn. Not like they've basically killed clan competitiveness already. 



BlackFive #2 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 07:06

    Major

  • Players
  • 36637 battles
  • 4,986
  • [_E_] _E_
  • Member since:
    09-09-2013
So - after the 907 and the VK - what's the best Reward Tier X?

Kliphie #3 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 07:07

    Major

  • Players
  • 33044 battles
  • 5,622
  • [GFLC] GFLC
  • Member since:
    07-20-2012
They're offering the least meta of the CW tanks.  History buffs and Vets will love to get the M60, but other than that, meh.  

BlackFive #4 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 07:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 36637 battles
  • 4,986
  • [_E_] _E_
  • Member since:
    09-09-2013

View PostKliphie, on Sep 28 2019 - 07:07, said:

They're offering the least meta of the CW tanks.  History buffs and Vets will love to get the M60, but other than that, meh.  


I get it: when they announced the M60 - I thought it would be the Marine Version (M60-A1) that we all know and love.  I also thought it would perform.  Buuuut, then WG couldn't actually admit the M60 was a good tank and we got the shiz that we got.

Given:

Block Quote

The US's largest deployment of M60s was in the 1991 Gulf War, where the US Marines equipped with M60A1s effectively defeated Iraqi armored forces, including more advanced T-72 tanks.

 

 


Edited by BlackFive, Sep 28 2019 - 07:25.


Avalon304 #5 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 07:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 23683 battles
  • 10,126
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Sep 27 2019 - 23:01, said:

Credit to the original post on the EU forums: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/723379-bonds-shop/#topmost

 

Spoiler

 

So what do you think about this? 

 

WG Staff said this may or may not represent what is to come in the near future. If they are testing it in this way then that means they aren't going to shy away from selling CWs tanks for bonds in the future; What a way to give the middle finger to anyone who has put in the time or effort to be in a clan. Nice. 

 

I can understand premium tanks (hopefully good ones and not the pieces of trash on the tech tree), even tanks they removed like 183, 215b, and 155. Just don't sell the CWs tanks for the love of god, the one thing left that players would actually need to be in a clan to earn. Not like they've basically killed clan competitiveness already. 

 

While I dont expect the M60 or 121B to show up in the actual live version of the store... Im all for it. I have 3 of the things, I dont feel like its a middle finger to me. Thats a whole lot of hyperbole. I mean I got them for 4k bonds a piece, so I essentially got 3 tanks for the price of one in the shop... seems like a great deal for me. (And you can try to argue I also spent time... but I would have been playing WoT anyway... so its not like I spent the time in WoT that I would have spent elsewhere, and the people who are going to be buying tanks from the bonds shop have spent orders of magnitude more time to get the 15k+ bonds for a single tank).

 

So, again, while I dont expect any of the tier 10 CW rewards to show up, if they do Im ok with it. I would like to see the tier 7 and 8 ones show up though.



BlackFive #6 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 07:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 36637 battles
  • 4,986
  • [_E_] _E_
  • Member since:
    09-09-2013

View PostAvalon304, on Sep 28 2019 - 07:23, said:

 

While I dont expect the M60 or 121B to show up in the actual live version of the store... Im all for it. I have 3 of the things, I dont feel like its a middle finger to me. Thats a whole lot of hyperbole. I mean I got them for 4k bonds a piece, so I essentially got 3 tanks for the price of one in the shop... seems like a great deal for me. (And you can try to argue I also spent time... but I would have been playing WoT anyway... so its not like I spent the time in WoT that I would have spent elsewhere, and the people who are going to be buying tanks from the bonds shop have spent orders of magnitude more time to get the 15k+ bonds for a single tank).

 

So, again, while I dont expect any of the tier 10 CW rewards to show up, if they do Im ok with it. I would like to see the tier 7 and 8 ones show up though.


15k bonds is about right for a Tier X tank.  Not for an 8.  And the CW tanks should be on the list; given that we're in the latter stages of the life of the title.



Omega_Weapon #7 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 07:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 53336 battles
  • 2,676
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
  • Member since:
    11-15-2011

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Sep 28 2019 - 01:01, said:

 

So what do you think about this? 

 

WG Staff said this may or may not represent what is to come in the near future. If they are testing it in this way then that means they aren't going to shy away from selling CWs tanks for bonds in the future; What a way to give the middle finger to anyone who has put in the time or effort to be in a clan. Nice. 

 

I can understand premium tanks (hopefully good ones and not the pieces of trash on the tech tree), even tanks they removed like 183, 215b, and 155. Just don't sell the CWs tanks for the love of god, the one thing left that players would actually need to be in a clan to earn. Not like they've basically killed clan competitiveness already. 


Yes! This is very nice to hear. I know that many Clan Wars players will feel miffed, but so many players don't like CW and stay away from it. I think offering an alternative way to get clan wars tanks is a good idea. In all fairness they should be exclusive to the clan wars players for a year or two, but then put them into the bonds shop. Bonds are rewards earned for in game efforts too, so its not like people can just buy them without earning them through in game accomplishments.


Edited by Omega_Weapon, Sep 28 2019 - 07:30.


BlackFive #8 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 07:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 36637 battles
  • 4,986
  • [_E_] _E_
  • Member since:
    09-09-2013

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Sep 28 2019 - 07:27, said:


Yes! This is very nice to hear. I know that many Clan Wars players will feel miffed, but so many players don't like CW and stay away from it. I think offering an alternative way to get clan wars tanks is a good idea. In all fairness they should be exclusive to the clan wars players for a year or two, but then put them into the bonds shop. Bonds are rewards earned for in game efforts too, so its not like people can just buy them without earning them through in game accomplishments.


I got two of the CW tanks through playing with Top 25 clans (and a really good Caller)… and I think they should be sold to the GP with bonds.  The days where 'Exclusivity" was important and a mark of excellence is past.  Pretty much, if WG wants to sell a good tank for whatever currency - those willing to spend it should get it at this point.



__WarChild__ #9 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 07:40

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 33494 battles
  • 6,108
  • [OPIC] OPIC
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

View PostBlackFive, on Sep 28 2019 - 00:06, said:

So - after the 907 and the VK - what's the best Reward Tier X?

 

907 & Chieftan - most competitive tanks

VK - last competitive tank, but situational

 

The rest are just meh so it's up to you and what crews you want to put in them etc.

 

Although I understand Jake's point, I'm not sure if I support it.  I had to spend way too much time getting my 907 and Chieftan, and I know people who spent close to 20K bonds to get them in the bidding process - so I kinda feel like this cheapens that experience. Not a slap in the face but maybe a water balloon to the back of the head or something.  I also paid 50,000,000 for my 183 and Foch 155 - so selling them later for much less would irritate me a bit as well.  But in the end, I don't really care that much about it either way.  Whatever the game has to do to even things out a bit I'm okay with.

 

I do find it funny that in this game a clan like Mahou (for argument's sake we'll say is the best clan) who has superior players can obtain tons more gold, bonds & credits with their organized activities than regular players.  Those goodies allow them to get all of the top Reward Tanks and load each one up with IE, directives, etc.  So we end up with the best players in the best tanks with the best equipment that are not accessible to everyone getting significantly richer the more they play...  I mean, they certainly deserve to be handsomely rewarded because they earned it, but do they really need all those advantages on top of their superior skills?   It's just food for thought.

 

(I am not saying anything needs to change, that's just the way it is)

 

I'm not a believer in participation trophies neither... :medal:



BlackFive #10 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 07:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 36637 battles
  • 4,986
  • [_E_] _E_
  • Member since:
    09-09-2013

Chieftan.  That's the one I could not remember; came out after I got the VK.

I actually like the VK; not necessarily for CW; but its really good in Randoms (esp. if you're unafraid to shoot HE).

.

I can't see me buying anything but the Chieftan at this point: getting a sub-par / non-meta tank just isn't worth it



Squashballs #11 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 08:20

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 37229 battles
  • 124
  • [CUBE] CUBE
  • Member since:
    02-23-2012
the only CW tanks that should be sold for bonds are the T8 CW tanks since it seems like WG is never going to give us a T6 T8 T10 campaign ever again. I only have the IS5. i want the others too.

Avalon304 #12 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 08:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 23683 battles
  • 10,126
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostBlackFive, on Sep 27 2019 - 23:26, said:


15k bonds is about right for a Tier X tank.  Not for an 8.  And the CW tanks should be on the list; given that we're in the latter stages of the life of the title.

 

I mean... I wasnt making an argument that 15k bonds was a bad price for a tier 10 tank (of any kind)... and since there are 2 tier 8s available in the bond shop on the test server, we know that they wouldnt be 15k bonds... Im ok with the prices shown so far.



BlackFive #13 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 08:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 36637 battles
  • 4,986
  • [_E_] _E_
  • Member since:
    09-09-2013

View PostAvalon304, on Sep 28 2019 - 08:22, said:

 

I mean... I wasnt making an argument that 15k bonds was a bad price for a tier 10 tank (of any kind)... and since there are 2 tier 8s available in the bond shop on the test server, we know that they wouldnt be 15k bonds... Im ok with the prices shown so far.


Apologies: I wasn't being critical of your post - just stating what I believe (in an environment where everyone gets offended when a Beta tank gets sold nine years after the fact)



nuclearguy931 #14 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 08:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 82525 battles
  • 10,984
  • [UMM] UMM
  • Member since:
    08-16-2011

Why not sell them?

 

They can put a little pink flower emblem on the tanks that were earned in CW's and a $ sign emblem on the ones that were bought for bonds to differentiate to the player base how they were acquired.



streams12 #15 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 13:00

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 34631 battles
  • 99
  • [DKFT] DKFT
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011
I hope to put these two M41 90 GF and KV-4 KRESL

WhineMaker #16 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 13:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 38631 battles
  • 6,503
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

:( :P :( :P :(

 

 

 

#TheKiddoRageIsReal

 

#EpicTantrumInProgress

 

 

 

 

 

I'll even go out on a limb and predict the next kiddo rage post thread...

 

Hmmmmmm...

 

Lets see...

 

 

Bonds available in the premium shop... :ohmy:

 

I know I would buy at least 50k or more...  :coin:

 

 



_Tsavo_ #17 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 14:07

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 46559 battles
  • 19,891
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

If they do end up throwing the CW tanks up there, I'd like to see them without the styles you get with them in CW.  Something to separate those who competed for one and those that got one the easy way. 

 

Other than that, I think the M60 is the best of the reward tanks, at least as far as my playstyle goes.  The 907 is just an RU medium.  Bland and boring. 



Veracks #18 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 14:08

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 22997 battles
  • 573
  • [SU] SU
  • Member since:
    04-07-2011
I fully support CW tanks in the shop. Heck, offer the Chief for 15k (or even 20k) right off the bat. Anything that makes the "my preciousssss" crowd of CW squirm more is a major plus in my book. I used to play CW back in the day for fun and gold, but the psychotic obsession people place on it now just to get some pub stomping tanks needs to stop.

Avalon304 #19 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 14:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 23683 battles
  • 10,126
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View Post_Tsavo_, on Sep 28 2019 - 06:07, said:

If they do end up throwing the CW tanks up there, I'd like to see them without the styles you get with them in CW.  Something to separate those who competed for one and those that got one the easy way. 

 

Other than that, I think the M60 is the best of the reward tanks, at least as far as my playstyle goes.  The 907 is just an RU medium.  Bland and boring. 

 

Having picked one up on the test server it doesnt come with the style.


Edited by Avalon304, Sep 28 2019 - 14:12.


BlackFive #20 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 14:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 36637 battles
  • 4,986
  • [_E_] _E_
  • Member since:
    09-09-2013

View PostVeracks, on Sep 28 2019 - 14:08, said:

I fully support CW tanks in the shop. Heck, offer the Chief for 15k (or even 20k) right off the bat. Anything that makes the "my preciousssss" crowd of CW squirm more is a major plus in my book. I used to play CW back in the day for fun and gold, but the psychotic obsession people place on it now just to get some pub stomping tanks needs to stop.

OMG - so much this. 

 

The really weird thing is the Uber-elitism (gotta have the Special to be Special) without the ability of the CW players from the early days. 

 

Camp Strat anyone? 

Yup

Yup 

Yup 

We are guuud. 







Also tagged with what, is, WG, thinking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users