CT 1.6.1 Adds Bond Shop [CWs Tanks For Bonds]

what is WG thinking

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

Insanefriend #21 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 14:19

Captain

• Players
  • 46928 battles
I'm all for this, I've never had the time to do clans wars.  For some people clan wars just isn't a option, so giving people another path to the tanks is a great idea.  Heck they could even up the number of bonds to 25k, and I'd still be happy.  

Kliphie #22 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 14:21

Major

• Players
  • 33035 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostWhineMaker, on Sep 28 2019 - 07:30, said:

:( :P :( :P :(

#TheKiddoRageIsReal

#EpicTantrumInProgress

I'll even go out on a limb and predict the next kiddo rage post thread...

Hmmmmmm...

Lets see...

Bonds available in the premium shop... :ohmy:

I know I would buy at least 50k or more...  :coin:

One person expressed mild concern.  #TheBoomerBoogieManIsReal

Bill_Nye_the_RussianSpy #23 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 14:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 26759 battles

Lol the people getting bent out of shape on that eu thread is hilarious.  My goodness I get it the top players have to stroke there epeen off somehow and like the one guy said its probably just a placeholder tanks until they figure something out, it's not like they are putting the 907 and chieftain in there. I say let the older tanks that everyone says are "supposedly bad and mediocre " get another chance on the battlefield. I did see where they added the 907 to the console tech tree lol although 2 different games same concept. 

Another thing I kinda find funny is ever since they announced tanks for bonds everyone has been asking when will it come etc.. and guess what?  now that it's pretty much here people are complaining about it already when it's in a testing phase. No one can be happy on these forums it seems and appreciate how far the game has come.  I know WG doesn't have a very good track record with all the premium tanks they spam at us etc etc..... but it's just a game at the end of the day.

Edited by Bill_Nye_the_RussianSpy, Sep 28 2019 - 14:43.

_Tsavo_ #24 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 14:30

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46508 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostVeracks, on Sep 28 2019 - 08:08, said:

I fully support CW tanks in the shop. Heck, offer the Chief for 15k (or even 20k) right off the bat. Anything that makes the "my preciousssss" crowd of CW squirm more is a major plus in my book. I used to play CW back in the day for fun and gold, but the psychotic obsession people place on it now just to get some pub stomping tanks needs to stop.

I mean, I think CW without a tank on the line is silly.  Though when it was the early CW days you could pay for premium with little effort in CW, and I enjoyed that.  Nowadays, it's more of a job with meager gold pulls and some styles, I need more incentive than that to play how someone else wants.  Not to try to invalidate your point, just putting it out there that there's also a fair many only influenced by tonk.  Everyone has different reasons for playing CW, just like we do pubs. 

I'll be happy if they are or aren't optional, but it would remove any incentive for me to play clammy warts, if I can get them without the CW stuff.  Though, as mentioned earlier, a style or camo to set how it was obtained apart (or lack of one) would be all for me, and even if it isn't, I still have my collection of clammy tonks. 

Oh, and T23E3, I heavily advocate for that glorious tonk to become available to others, it's so good. 

DrWho_ #25 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 14:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 25898 battles

View Post_Tsavo_, on Sep 28 2019 - 14:30, said:

I mean, I think CW without a tank on the line is silly.  Though when it was the early CW days you could pay for premium with little effort in CW, and I enjoyed that.  Nowadays, it's more of a job with meager gold pulls and some styles, I need more incentive than that to play how someone else wants.  Not to try to invalidate your point, just putting it out there that there's also a fair many only influenced by tonk.  Everyone has different reasons for playing CW, just like we do pubs. 

I'll be happy if they are or aren't optional, but it would remove any incentive for me to play clammy warts, if I can get them without the CW stuff.  Though, as mentioned earlier, a style or camo to set how it was obtained apart (or lack of one) would be all for me, and even if it isn't, I still have my collection of clammy tonks. 

Oh, and T23E3, I heavily advocate for that glorious tonk to become available to others, it's so good. 

You see this is something I understand, like those people who have the AMX 13-57GF vs my regular 13-57, they earned that thing doing something (I have no clue to be honest but I accept that) and it stands out from my bought one. Why can't that be enough for some people, especially seeing as some of these CW tanks do seem to be a bit OP (I don't play much tier X so I wouldn't know) and as it's been mentioned many times before, OP tanks exclusively in the hands of some of the most experienced/best players on the server can't be good for random battles

Give them a special camo with big lettering saying "I didn't buy this, I earned it" or something on the side

Trimby99 #26 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 14:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36259 battles
CW tanks for bonds is just another form of a participation trophy. Dislike.

gideon_an #27 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 14:48

Captain

• -Players-
  • 30336 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
The pearl clutching is real. I can't recall ever seeing a M60 or 121B in random battles but I see Chieftains and that other Russian tank.

And the "I earned my CW tank. Why should the filthy 45%ers get it for bonds." I had to grind to get my bonds. 15K bonds takes a lot of time and effort.

And they don't see the forest for the trees. They get a crap load of bonds to buy these tanks in CW. Now they can get their chieftain and save up the extra to get an M60 or 121B. But they hate the idea of a 45%er getting anything they would rather lose a tank then have anyone else have something nice.

Kliphie #28 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 14:50

Major

• Players
  • 33035 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostDrWho_, on Sep 28 2019 - 08:44, said:

You see this is something I understand, like those people who have the AMX 13-57GF vs my regular 13-57, they earned that thing doing something (I have no clue to be honest but I accept that) and it stands out from my bought one. 

I don't recall if was some sort of prize but I know I acquired mine via excessive PayPal pwnage upon it's release

cavalry11 #29 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 14:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49879 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT
Either let everyone get CW tanks or restrict them to CWs and advances.

Omega_Weapon #30 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 15:11

Major

• Players
  • 53321 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

You see this is something I understand, like those people who have the AMX 13-57GF vs my regular 13-57, they earned that thing doing something (I have no clue to be honest but I accept that) and it stands out from my bought one. Why can't that be enough for some people, especially seeing as some of these CW tanks do seem to be a bit OP (I don't play much tier X so I wouldn't know) and as it's been mentioned many times before, OP tanks exclusively in the hands of some of the most experienced/best players on the server can't be good for random battles

Give them a special camo with big lettering saying "I didn't buy this, I earned it" or something on the side

If I remember correctly the AMX 13-57GF was a prize for E-sports, but it was also sold in the shop at the same time with the same GF (Grand Finals) badging, so the majority were still bought rather than earned.

Veracks #31 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 15:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22983 battles
  • [SU] SU

View Post_Tsavo_, on Sep 28 2019 - 08:30, said:

CW is played for the sake of CW. If you're torturing yourself to play something you hate just so you can get some gaudy status symbol (or pub stomping machine) to make fun of people who weren't insane enough to play CW, you have a problem. There should ALWAYS be an alternative route for every reward, much like how Marathons let you complete them via high skill requirements or grinding.

On a slightly related topic, I am beyond sick and tired of the INCESSANT "I'm BeTter THaN YoU" argument that never seems to stop on this forum. From stats nonsense to those hideous multi-colored signatures that do nothing but act as some false medal, it's ridiculous. WN8 and XVM are downright cancerous, and I am glad that the upcoming anonymous option will murder them thanks to the anonymous setting stopping the game from recording any stats.

_Tsavo_ #32 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 15:30

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46508 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostVeracks, on Sep 28 2019 - 09:14, said:

CW is played for the sake of CW. If you're torturing yourself to play something you hate just so you can get some gaudy status symbol (or pub stomping machine) to make fun of people who weren't insane enough to play CW, you have a problem. There should ALWAYS be an alternative route for every reward, much like how Marathons let you complete them via high skill requirements or grinding.

On a slightly related topic, I am beyond sick and tired of the INCESSANT "I'm BeTter THaN YoU" argument that never seems to stop on this forum. From stats nonsense to those hideous multi-colored signatures that do nothing but act as some false medal, it's ridiculous. WN8 and XVM are downright cancerous, and I am glad that the upcoming anonymous option will murder them thanks to the anonymous setting stopping the game from recording any stats.

To the first paragraph, you missed my point entirely.  Your reason for CW isn't universal.  Nor did I say it was torture, I said the reward wasn't enough.  Nor, again, was I making fun of those who don't do CW. 

To the second, if a signature bothers you, oh well.  

Tried to be reasonable, but you want to be a bit of a prick, by all means, do so.  You'll receive the same from me. 

Edited by _Tsavo_, Sep 28 2019 - 15:35.

_Tsavo_ #33 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 15:32

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46508 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

If I recall, the 13-57GF and non GF were both sale tanks.  I don't know for sure as I won both of mine through forum and reddit contests.  Much like the 41-90GF and non GF, they're both pay tanks just from different eras. 

FrozenKemp #34 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 15:49

Major

• Players
  • 53866 battles
  • [8ARMY] 8ARMY

I would love (as a non-CW player) to get a semi-Chieftain but on the other hand I would totally any CW who said "this is a relatively new and really good reward from CW and don't let the GP get this yet".  Tanks which have been out for years, on the other hand, seem a lot more fair to be included in the shop.

(I mean tbh I might be able to get a CW tank if I was willing to work harder at the game.)

Ken_McGuire #35 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 16:19

Captain

• Players
  • 31630 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS

In general I support the idea that special reward tanks can be achieved by multiple methods. I also support the idea that a tank may only be available by a particular method for a time. So in general, I like what is being proposed on the test server.

The question is price. When I look at the bond price compared to the price payed in bonds for some earlier CW campaigns for reward tanks, the price seems high - but the high price seems fair, since those players also had to do other activities besides the bonds. But when I compare it with the price in the most recent bids, I am not sure the CW players are getting enough of a discount.

And when I look at the tier 10 ones on the Test Server and think about getting them myself... Well - that is a LOT of bonds for non-meta tanks. Especially when I play tier 10 so little. As much as I like the idea, I would rather use my bonds on equipment than those tanks.

Like others have said, I would be more interested in some of the mid-tier reward tanks if they are eventually rotated in.

_Red_Saaryn_ #36 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 16:26

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23589 battles
  • [-IKR-] -IKR-

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Sep 28 2019 - 07:01, said:

Credit to the original post on the EU forums: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/723379-bonds-shop/#topmost

Spoiler

So what do you think about this? 

WG Staff said this may or may not represent what is to come in the near future. If they are testing it in this way then that means they aren't going to shy away from selling CWs tanks for bonds in the future; What a way to give the middle finger to anyone who has put in the time or effort to be in a clan. Nice. 

I can understand premium tanks (hopefully good ones and not the pieces of trash on the tech tree), even tanks they removed like 183, 215b, and 155. Just don't sell the CWs tanks for the love of god, the one thing left that players would actually need to be in a clan to earn. Not like they've basically killed clan competitiveness already. 

Why that fear for people to get CW tanks? Isn't like if everyone likes or wants to play t10 only and those are reward tanks so there is no credit boost so buying one would be a loss more than a win. Bonds aren't easy to get. You need to play t10 mostly and that alone is a huge loss since t10 are so expensive that even if you win a game without a scratch and do over 5k damage without using gold or consumables you still lose 15k and lets not talk if you lose, this is specially painful for the German tech tree. 

Silencer021 #37 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 16:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 32351 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
TBH I wouldn't even care if they straight up sold every CW tank for real cash. Put them behind a pay-wall that's appropriate to the amount of time normally needed to invest in campaigns to get the tank for free. Bonds is just another route to getting them as well especially for non-meta CW tanks it's a good move.

BEASTY_BUCKEYE #38 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 16:32

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 37954 battles
I just don't agree with keeping the best game content only for the vary best players.  But that's just me, i'm not a selfish a**.  All content of this game should be obtainable in some way or another in my opinion.  Besides its not like you can buy bonds. It takes a lot of time to earn them.  If you want your precious reward tank the quick way go play CW and get it,  Or you can grind it out over time and get it in the bond shop.  What is so wrong with having different options to obtain this games content?  This will no doubt if implemented, bring some players back to the game. Which is what we all want, is it not.  Knowing that they are no longer cut off from having the best content.  And give them something to strive for, in the long run.   

heavymetal1967 #39 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 16:35

Major

• Players
  • 73217 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Thread's deep so pardon me if this has been mentioned.

From a Q&A back in April. 

https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-tanks/world-of-tanks-developers-qa-digest-other-info/

Block Quote

It’s possible that certain barely played CW-only tanks could be sold for bonds to regular players (partially to fix the statistics problem).

gideon_an #40 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 16:35

Captain

• -Players-
  • 30336 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

I've been playing a long while and I don't think I've ever seen the M60 or 121B. It is kind of telling that they aren't played in randoms with any regularity. That means they are either not that great meaning it should be no problem if us "Lowly 45%ers" get one or it isn't available which would be a plus for the CW players sitting on mountains of bonds.

I've looked at the stats and the 121B and 121 aren't that different. As for the M60 and the Patton you sacrifice a lot of armor for the mobility of the M60. I have the tier 9 Chinese medium unlocked so might get the M60 considering I haven't even bought the Pershing yet. Still who knows. The tanks may change before it hits lives if the CW players complain/whine enough.

Also tagged with what, is, WG, thinking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users