Played since beginning -- Dog Tag thing is awful

Dog tag

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Doc_panzer #1 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 16:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 35259 battles

What child thought this thing was a good idea?

I can't turn this GD thing off. It's the "in your face" crap that i would expect from a two year old. Builds animosity and frankly, fosters a "I don't need this crap" mentality where I'm less motivated to even play.

Lets get the "off" switch into an upcoming patch.

Slammed98Chevy #2 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 16:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 68661 battles
If something this simple gets you triggered you may want to think about being medically evaluated.

Das_Reaper_1 #3 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 16:22

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12456 battles
  • [_BK_] _BK_
They leave once the festival is over Oct 7th so relax and have a drink (or 2)

Burning_Haggis #4 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 16:34

Major

• Players
  • 46062 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

Seems like a pretty trivial thing to be so worked up over.

We need wot-safe-spaces now?    Good grief.

Christojojo #5 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 16:55

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34850 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View PostDoc_panzer, on Sep 28 2019 - 10:11, said:

What child thought this thing was a good idea?

I can't turn this GD thing off. It's the "in your face" crap that i would expect from a two year old. Builds animosity and frankly, fosters a "I don't need this crap" mentality where I'm less motivated to even play.

Lets get the "off" switch into an upcoming patch.

I don't let tags bother me. I just consider them the player bragging so I report them for unsportmanship.

View PostSlammed98Chevy, on Sep 28 2019 - 10:19, said:

If something this simple gets you triggered you may want to think about being medically evaluated.

So glad you are here to save him, Dr. Phil

View PostBurning_Haggis, on Sep 28 2019 - 10:34, said:

Seems like a pretty trivial thing to be so worked up over.

We need wot-safe-spaces now?    Good grief.

Yeah, I mean getting killed, then seeing an enemy's tag on your client that basically brags about killing you seems trivial to me too. So glad we have that definition to work with.  Atta boy, I am sure you have never ben frustrated. 

SpyderRyder #6 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 17:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 55247 battles
I agree with Doc -- its annoying at best but why would WOT waste time making these stupid tags instead of maybe fixing in game issues instead of wasting time on crap like this -- and then not bother making it possible for the player to not be able  get rid of them -- I realize WOT is starting to cater to the arcade group to make money but I really think there are other things the game needs more than this fluff -- just my opinion 

jst2gr8 #7 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 17:06

Captain

• Players
  • 65479 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY
Booooo-freaking-hoooo, not only do I die but it gets rubbed in my face, wahhhhhhhhhh. Some people are so petty and whine about every and anything they possibly can. Please WG, stop the tog-tags because op doesn't like them. LOL. It is ok princess, they will be gone soon. You can also get rid of them with a mod. But that would be too easy for you to actually read other posts about the dog tags. 

Christojojo #8 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 17:11

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34850 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Sep 28 2019 - 11:06, said:

Booooo-freaking-hoooo, not only do I die but it gets rubbed in my face, wahhhhhhhhhh. Some people are so petty and whine about every and anything they possibly can. Please WG, stop the tog-tags because op doesn't like them. LOL. It is ok princess, they will be gone soon. You can also get rid of them with a mod. But that would be too easy for you to actually read other posts about the dog tags. 

The dog tags are annoying. You, on the other hand, are petty and childish verging on pathetic. The reaction you had to someone venting wasn't above the kindergarten level. 

Edited by Christojojo, Sep 29 2019 - 02:16.

VooDooKobra #9 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 17:47

Major

• Players
  • 10038 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostChristojojo, on Sep 28 2019 - 08:55, said:

I don't let tags bother me. I just consider them the player bragging so I report them for unsportmanship.

Yeah, I mean getting killed, then seeing an enemy's tag on your client that basically brags about killing you seems trivial to me too. So glad we have that definition to work with.  Atta boy, I am sure you have never ben frustrated. 

how really are the dog tags any different than seeing who you were killed by before?  just this time its with a graphic.  though i do thing that those who do not like then should be able to turn them off similar to how you can turn off seeing the vehicle that destroyed you in postmortum mode

View PostSpyderRyder, on Sep 28 2019 - 09:04, said:

I agree with Doc -- its annoying at best but why would WOT waste time making these stupid tags instead of maybe fixing in game issues instead of wasting time on crap like this -- and then not bother making it possible for the player to not be able  get rid of them -- I realize WOT is starting to cater to the arcade group to make money but I really think there are other things the game needs more than this fluff -- just my opinion 

so they shouldnt be doing anything for events then?  there are issues to fix stop doing anything that might be seen as fun, right?  yes there are things that need fixing, but you cant stop doing other things at the same time 

tod914 #10 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 18:23

Major

• Players
  • 64916 battles
An "off" switch would of been nice. 

ArmorStorm #11 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 18:33

Major

• Players
  • 37707 battles
  • [F__R] F__R
I'd like them more if they had done them correctly.  You TAKE dog tags from your victim, you don't rub them in his (presumably dead) face.

jst2gr8 #12 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 19:03

Captain

• Players
  • 65479 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostChristojojo, on Sep 28 2019 - 09:11, said:

The dog tags are annoying you, on the other hand, are petty and childish verging on pathetic. The reaction you had to someone venting wasn't above the kindergarten level. 

Awww, more whining. They do not bug me because, well, they don't. I could care less what happens if someone kills me. Just knowing they see mine when I kill them makes it that much better. 

Seeing a thread about dog-tags a month after they have started is just a cry because you do not have that many to get the awards. And it is also like kicking that dead horse that the other whiners have kicked.

And that is not venting, that is a straight, balled up in the corner cry because someone thinks they know what is better for the game than what the one making it do. 

Edited by UvBeenTrumped, Sep 28 2019 - 19:11.

Christojojo #13 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 19:15

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34850 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Sep 28 2019 - 13:03, said:

Awww, more whining. They do not bug me because, well, they don't. I could care less what happens if someone kills me. Just knowing they see mine when I kill them makes it that much better. 

Seeing a thread about dog-tags a month after they have started is just a cry because you do not have that many to get the awards. And it is also like kicking that dead horse that the other whiners have kicked.

And that is not venting, that is a straight, balled up in the corner cry because someone thinks they know what is better for the game than what the one making it do. 

So let me get this straight. You are whining about others whining? Got it.

Edited by Christojojo, Sep 28 2019 - 19:16.

noboater #14 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 19:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35150 battles
  • [J4F] J4F
Y sweat the small stuff?  Dog tags go into the dumpster with the toxic chat and battlefield generals that are present in every random battle.

jst2gr8 #15 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 19:20

Captain

• Players
  • 65479 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostChristojojo, on Sep 28 2019 - 11:15, said:

So let me get this straight. You are whining about others whining? Got it.

If that's what you call "making fun of" or "laughing at them", then I guess I am. You need to loosen your tin foil hat. 

I do not know where in any of my messages that I was "whining" as you call it. It looks more like I am calling the op out for being a snowflake about the dog-tags.

Sorry if I stepped on your boyfriends toes and even more sorry he can't stick up for himself.

cloudwalkr #16 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 19:22

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56350 battles

View PostChristojojo, on Sep 28 2019 - 16:55, said:

takes a certain class of idiot to report everyone that kills you based on reasons you give.  

im not surprised at all you do that.

jst2gr8 #17 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 19:30

Captain

• Players
  • 65479 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostChristojojo, on Sep 28 2019 - 08:55, said:

So before the dog-tags came around there was this huge flash of the tank and tank players name that would take up 1/2 the screen. Did you report them then too? It is not unsportsmanlike and you are wasting your time reporting them for nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if WG started issuing warning for false accusations. 

Some of you need to grow a pair and just play or try to play(in some of your cases). Pay more attention to getting better instead of whining about something so petty.

Christojojo #18 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 19:46

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34850 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View Postcloudwalkr, on Sep 28 2019 - 13:22, said:

takes a certain class of idiot to report everyone that kills you based on reasons you give.  

im not surprised at all you do that.

Thank you. It takes a certain idiot to not get the humor either. :)

Christojojo #19 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 19:50

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34850 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Sep 28 2019 - 13:30, said:

So before the dog-tags came around there was this huge flash of the tank and tank players name that would take up 1/2 the screen. Did you report them then too? It is not unsportsmanlike and you are wasting your time reporting them for nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if WG started issuing warning for false accusations. 

Some of you need to grow a pair and just play or try to play(in some of your cases). Pay more attention to getting better instead of whining about something so petty.

You really know about growing a pair. Must be your close proximity. I will give you kudos for your last part though. "Pay more attention to getting better instead of whining about something so petty." That is all you really had to post without all that bit projecting the "in your 60s closer to death" angst.

jst2gr8 #20 Posted Sep 28 2019 - 22:58

Captain

• Players
  • 65479 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostChristojojo, on Sep 28 2019 - 11:50, said:

You really know about growing a pair. Must be your close proximity. I will give you kudos for your last part though. "Pay more attention to getting better instead of whining about something so petty." That is all you really had to post without all that bit projecting the "in your 60s closer to death" angst.

Speaking of being petty, you don't like what I said and point it out and then say all I had to do was say what I said. Umm, I said that the whole time but wanted to rub it in by calling him a whiner and getting your panties all wadded up also. 

Keep the trolling strong~~~

Also tagged with Dog tag

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users