Jump to content


Marks of excellence in 100 battles of less


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

_mlg_taco_fire_ #1 Posted Sep 29 2019 - 05:59

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 28553 battles
  • 435
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
  • Member since:
    07-04-2012

Isn't marks over the past 100 games? I don't understand how you can go down in % when you don't have 100 games in a tank. Shouldn't it always go up or stay = since it hasn't hit the 100 battle marker?



Ndtm #2 Posted Sep 29 2019 - 06:04

    Major

  • Players
  • 17694 battles
  • 4,660
  • Member since:
    05-01-2012
Well, the percentage is based on your performance compared to everyone else that has driven the tank the past 2 weeks, so if better players are playing the past 2 weeks then it would be lower

Avalon304 #3 Posted Sep 29 2019 - 06:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 23963 battles
  • 10,250
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View Post_mlg_taco_fire_, on Sep 28 2019 - 21:59, said:

Isn't marks over the past 100 games? I don't understand how you can go down in % when you don't have 100 games in a tank. Shouldn't it always go up or stay = since it hasn't hit the 100 battle marker?

 

The 100 battles is a simplification for ease of understanding. Its not actually a 100 battle chunk, its all battles in a given 14 day period.

 

https://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/26432-guide-to-3-marks-of-excellence/

 

Theres a lot of good info in that topic if you want to try and understand the math behind MoEs. But since its a moving average, it will go up or down based on how well you play in that tank, regardless of if you have more or less than 100 battles. For instance, I think my personal record for 3 marking a tank is 75 battles in the Crusader.



dfox709 #4 Posted Sep 29 2019 - 12:36

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 31745 battles
  • 92
  • [Q_BAL] Q_BAL
  • Member since:
    12-15-2013

View PostAvalon304, on Sep 29 2019 - 00:44, said:

 

The 100 battles is a simplification for ease of understanding. Its not actually a 100 battle chunk, its all battles in a given 14 day period.

 

https://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/26432-guide-to-3-marks-of-excellence/

 

Theres a lot of good info in that topic if you want to try and understand the math behind MoEs. But since its a moving average, it will go up or down based on how well you play in that tank, regardless of if you have more or less than 100 battles. For instance, I think my personal record for 3 marking a tank is 75 battles in the Crusader.

 

Interesting read - thanks.  I presume the MoE's are based on server specific data.

 


Edited by dfox709, Sep 29 2019 - 12:39.


Avalon304 #5 Posted Sep 29 2019 - 21:58

    Major

  • Players
  • 23963 battles
  • 10,250
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View Postdfox709, on Sep 29 2019 - 04:36, said:

 

Interesting read - thanks.  I presume the MoE's are based on server specific data.

 

 

As far as I know, yes MoEs are server specific. So values will be different between NA, EU, RU and SEA (though probably not by enough to matter).






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users