3 tier battles

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Tedsc #1 Posted Sep 29 2019 - 13:48

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 46486 battles

I have been playing since 2015 on and off and I can say that when this game is fun I really enjoy it.  I buy premium membership and even premium tanks now and then.  When It is not fun, I log out or yolo the unfun games to get to a better game.  What constitutes fun?  Single tier battles, 1 arty per team, diversity of maps and diversity within the map.  WOT is NOT fun in 3 tiered battles, All open maps, multiple arty per team.  

I just don't buy the time to build teams argument.  I rarely spend more than 20 seconds in the queue even at 5 AM.  It doesn't take any time at all, so if battles are so readily available, why can I not wait an extra minute to get a fun battle?  I would much prefer to wait over a minute to get single tier battles than to CONSTANTLY be in 3 tiered battles.  Top or bottom doesn't matter, its more fun when it is a straight up fair fight and everyone gets to play their role.

The problem with multi tier battles is bottom tier tanks cannot play their role often times.  Bottom tier lights are inferior scouts to most of the top tier tanks.  Bottom tier heavies cannot use their armor and their guns are worthless.  Basically bottom tier tanks are just chum.  Then there is the occasional stat [edited]that compensates for tier by firing nothing but the 2 key.   I cannot help but think that is the point of 3 tiered battles to get people to spend credits on premium ammo, Big repair kits etc..  So the game quality suffers heavily because some players will shoot premium ammo on the battles they are supposed to be the feeder fish on.  Just get rid of feeder fish battles and I will spend more money, that is for DAMN sure!

I spend money when I am having fun.  54% of my battles yesterday were 3 tiered battles.  So roughly half of my games were throw away games, no honor in playing well and certainly not any fun.  I am sure as hell not paying any money for that kind of an experience!  So instead of waiting an extra minute in MM queue, I wait an extra 10 minutes until my tank is freed up to try again with no guarantee the next try will be a single tiered battler either.  At one point yesterday it took me 43 minutes to get 1 fun game in a single tank.  43 MINUTE WAIT!

Edited by Tedsc, Sep 29 2019 - 13:53.

Atragon #2 Posted Sep 29 2019 - 14:38

Major

• Players
  • 44413 battles
  • [FINES] FINES
Add to the fact you get game after game with players that have 10 battles playing tier 8 prems and throwing games, it becomes even more fun. 

gpc_4 #3 Posted Sep 29 2019 - 14:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 44027 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
You need to adjust your viewpoint and consider how you can contribute when bottom tier. Same tier battles are incredibly boring.

jst2gr8 #4 Posted Sep 29 2019 - 14:41

Captain

• Players
  • 66183 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

I am banging my head trying to figure out what you are whining about and the only thing I can come up with is you want to be handed a free win. Booo-hooo, there are tanks higher tier than me in a battle, whaaaa, I want to be top tier so I can "try" to dominate. 

Sorry kiddo, no silver spoon in this game. And it is so funny to see all these threads whine about the MM system and how they are always bottom tier. I couldn't torture myself reading the whole whine but it is so pathetic that below average players always whine about this. 

Here is the best idea yet... GET GOOD!! Better your game play so you aren't always whining and crying about games. Or yoloing because you want that fun game. A fun game is a winning game and if you are yoloing you are not only making yourself look stupid but you are screwing over 14 other players of winning and having fun.

So quit being so selfish and stupid and learn the game.

cavalry11 #5 Posted Sep 29 2019 - 14:43

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 50179 battles
First 1 tier battles are not boring and sounds like another arty hater, just keep moving.

Garandster #6 Posted Sep 29 2019 - 14:46

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6134 battles
People can still be effective as a bottom tier tank, you need to learn to adapt. Two tier splits should stay in the game. They allow for greater variety and require more flexibility of the player to be able to play the game, you make decision baswd not only on team comp and map, but also tier placement. You can't just "play the same as you always do" when you are bottom tier, and tbh one tier and zero tier spread matches aren't nearly as challenging. I suppose some players don't like a challenge.

Tedsc #7 Posted Sep 29 2019 - 14:51

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 46486 battles

View Postgpc_4, on Sep 29 2019 - 14:40, said:

You need to adjust your viewpoint and consider how you can contribute when bottom tier. Same tier battles are incredibly boring.

3 tier battles regardless of tier are rarely fun.  Yes bottomt tier sucks but so does top tier in a 3 tier battle.  Feel like stealing candy from babies, its not fun!

Edited by Tedsc, Sep 29 2019 - 14:53.

Tedsc #8 Posted Sep 29 2019 - 14:58

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 46486 battles

View PostGarandster, on Sep 29 2019 - 14:46, said:

People can still be effective as a bottom tier tank, you need to learn to adapt. Two tier splits should stay in the game. They allow for greater variety and require more flexibility of the player to be able to play the game, you make decision baswd not only on team comp and map, but also tier placement. You can't just "play the same as you always do" when you are bottom tier, and tbh one tier and zero tier spread matches aren't nearly as challenging. I suppose some players don't like a challenge.

Everyone keeps focusing on bottom tier but top tier in 3 tier battles sucks too (though admittedly less).    Sure you run around crushing everything but its like arm wrestling with a 10 year old, no joy in actually beating them.  In fact you feel a little ashamed of yourself for doing so.

jst2gr8 #9 Posted Sep 29 2019 - 15:01

Captain

• Players
  • 66183 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostTedsc, on Sep 29 2019 - 06:51, said:

3 tier battles regardless of tier are rarely fun.  Yes bottomt tier sucks but so does top tier in a 3 tier battle.  Feel like stealing candy from babies, its not fun!

You have to know how to steal the candy before you do it. 

You would have had an even bigger whine if you were around when there really wasn't a tier limit. Tier 5 light tanks tooning with 10's. There really wasn't a MM back in the day. 

Like some have said, "you need to lean how to adapt when bottom tier". And I highly doubt you steamroll anyone even when top tier.

So for you to say you do not have fun in every game is on you not the game. You make each match fun, try new strategies, learn the mechanics of the tank you are in and what the purpose of the tank is, learn the ins and outs of the maps, you better yourself to make the game fun. Being selfish and choosing which battle you are going or not going to play in hurts your team and really doesn't help you.

Stop looking for handouts and get good!!!!

jst2gr8 #10 Posted Sep 29 2019 - 15:02

Captain

• Players
  • 66183 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostTedsc, on Sep 29 2019 - 06:58, said:

Everyone keeps focusing on bottom tier but top tier in 3 tier battles sucks too (though admittedly less).    Sure you run around crushing everything but its like arm wrestling with a 10 year old, no joy in actually beating them.  In fact you feel a little ashamed of yourself for doing so.

Stop using kids with your analogy's. It is making you look even worse than you already are.

Hellsfog #11 Posted Sep 29 2019 - 15:30

Major

• Players
  • 38333 battles

View PostTedsc, on Sep 29 2019 - 08:58, said:

I peeped your stats. Arm wrestling a ten year-old may be above your level. I appreciate that you're trying to troll with the limited resources available to you but this thread is just an excuse mock you, which has been done so often it's boring. 

zoomer96 #12 Posted Sep 29 2019 - 15:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35873 battles
I see this as another artillery rant.  "Oh, I don't have fun if there are more than 1 artillery per game."   Sorry, There Buddy.  I'm taking the nerfs from WG and the arty hate from my team mates.  You'll have to take the game the way it is, too.  I honestly don't enjoy this game as much as I used to, but I'm not a quitter.  Buck it up.  We win some, We lose more.

Ken_McGuire #13 Posted Sep 29 2019 - 16:10

Captain

• Players
  • 31937 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS
The whole idea of a person who chooses to enter a random battle deciding that they don't like it and so giving up by just logging out of the game.... And then feeling justified in their anti-social behavior. Says a lot about a person.

Waarheid #14 Posted Sep 29 2019 - 16:48

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16670 battles

Bottom tier games really do suck. No fun at all, especially if you're a scrub like me. 

And bottom-tier lights really can't perform at all. Can't even spot the bush they are hiding in

[OP: Just in case you don't know, my comments above are examples of sarcasm].

Edited by Waarheid, Sep 29 2019 - 16:51.

Tedsc #15 Posted Sep 30 2019 - 02:33

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 46486 battles

View PostHellsfog, on Sep 29 2019 - 15:30, said:

I peeped your stats. Arm wrestling a ten year-old may be above your level. I appreciate that you're trying to troll with the limited resources available to you but this thread is just an excuse mock you, which has been done so often it's boring. 

Peep is an accurate assessment.  That is creepy crap when people stalk other players online.  And for the record, I grind tanks from stock, don't use premium ammo to compensate for teir.  And YOLO a lot of games if the game doesn't have potential to be fun so.  If I am only there to be  chum then I YOLO.  That has a pretty massive impact on my stats but as near as I can tell the only real value to stats is it exposes the pervs like yourself that creep on other players.

Edited by Tedsc, Sep 30 2019 - 02:37.

Avalon304 #16 Posted Sep 30 2019 - 12:01

Major

• Players
  • 23884 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
3 tier battles are incredibly fun... if you actually know how to play the game. If you just... you know... tried you probably wouldnt have to wait 43 minutes I think you said to have a fun game. You might actually have a fun game if you just tried. On the other hand... you could just uninstall the game and not be a detriment to your teams by yoloing when you think the battle isnt going to be fun.

_Kradok_ #17 Posted Sep 30 2019 - 18:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 33582 battles

View PostTedsc, on Sep 29 2019 - 08:51, said:

Then quit the game.  Just effing quit and save yourself the heartache and save us the free entertainment at your expense.

Dude, you're WHINING.  is that the look you're going for? 

And You may consider it "pervy" to view your stats which may be another sign that this isn't the game for you.  Having said that, and "perving" your stats - the problem is apparent to everyone BUT you... YOU are WILDLY MEDIOCRE.  Understand this is not shaming you, or an insult - it's a statement of FACT.  Until YOU take the time to LEARN the game, you will continue to get the same results you're seeing now... you'll continue to whine and we will continue to laugh AT you, not WITH you.  I hope you can tell the difference.  You're a punchline right now. 

I seriously suggest taking the same time/energy you now spend whining to actually learn HOW to play the effing game you're complaining about so damn much to begin with!

gpc_4 #18 Posted Sep 30 2019 - 23:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 44027 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View PostTedsc, on Sep 30 2019 - 02:33, said:

Peep is an accurate assessment.  That is creepy crap when people stalk other players online.  And for the record, I grind tanks from stock, don't use premium ammo to compensate for teir.  And YOLO a lot of games if the game doesn't have potential to be fun so.  If I am only there to be  chum then I YOLO.  That has a pretty massive impact on my stats but as near as I can tell the only real value to stats is it exposes the pervs like yourself that creep on other players.

So you're a terrible person, teammate, and player. It all makes sense now.

AZandEL #19 Posted Oct 01 2019 - 02:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30658 battles

View PostTedsc, on Sep 29 2019 - 12:48, said:

I have been playing since 2015 on and off and I can say that when this game is fun I really enjoy it.  I buy premium membership and even premium tanks now and then.  When It is not fun, I log out or yolo the unfun games to get to a better game.  What constitutes fun?  Single tier battles, 1 arty per team, diversity of maps and diversity within the map.  WOT is NOT fun in 3 tiered battles, All open maps, multiple arty per team.  

I just don't buy the time to build teams argument.  I rarely spend more than 20 seconds in the queue even at 5 AM.  It doesn't take any time at all, so if battles are so readily available, why can I not wait an extra minute to get a fun battle?  I would much prefer to wait over a minute to get single tier battles than to CONSTANTLY be in 3 tiered battles.  Top or bottom doesn't matter, its more fun when it is a straight up fair fight and everyone gets to play their role.

The problem with multi tier battles is bottom tier tanks cannot play their role often times.  Bottom tier lights are inferior scouts to most of the top tier tanks.  Bottom tier heavies cannot use their armor and their guns are worthless.  Basically bottom tier tanks are just chum.  Then there is the occasional stat [edited]that compensates for tier by firing nothing but the 2 key.   I cannot help but think that is the point of 3 tiered battles to get people to spend credits on premium ammo, Big repair kits etc..  So the game quality suffers heavily because some players will shoot premium ammo on the battles they are supposed to be the feeder fish on.  Just get rid of feeder fish battles and I will spend more money, that is for DAMN sure!

I spend money when I am having fun.  54% of my battles yesterday were 3 tiered battles.  So roughly half of my games were throw away games, no honor in playing well and certainly not any fun.  I am sure as hell not paying any money for that kind of an experience!  So instead of waiting an extra minute in MM queue, I wait an extra 10 minutes until my tank is freed up to try again with no guarantee the next try will be a single tiered battler either.  At one point yesterday it took me 43 minutes to get 1 fun game in a single tank.  43 MINUTE WAIT!

You made the mistake of saying something negative against WOT - get ready for the apologists

View Post_Kradok_, on Sep 30 2019 - 17:32, said:

Then quit the game.  Just effing quit and save yourself the heartache and save us the free entertainment at your expense.

Dude, you're WHINING.  is that the look you're going for? 

And You may consider it "pervy" to view your stats which may be another sign that this isn't the game for you.  Having said that, and "perving" your stats - the problem is apparent to everyone BUT you... YOU are WILDLY MEDIOCRE.  Understand this is not shaming you, or an insult - it's a statement of FACT.  Until YOU take the time to LEARN the game, you will continue to get the same results you're seeing now... you'll continue to whine and we will continue to laugh AT you, not WITH you.  I hope you can tell the difference.  You're a punchline right now. 

I seriously suggest taking the same time/energy you now spend whining to actually learn HOW to play the effing game you're complaining about so damn much to begin with!

You play that many battles in arty with most in a lefh and YOU are telling others to get good? LoL. Get over yourself. Typical toxic jerk.

jst2gr8 #20 Posted Oct 01 2019 - 03:47

Captain

• Players
  • 66183 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostTedsc, on Sep 29 2019 - 18:33, said:

That is so pathetic and selfish of you!!!

When you press the "BATTLE" button you are accepting the battle before it starts. It shows your lack of skill and character when you bail on a team because you think it won't be "fun" for you. Maybe you should make it "fun" by getting better and helping your team instead of cowering and running away. 

People like you are what is ruining this game!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users