3 tier battles

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

_Kradok_ #21 Posted Oct 01 2019 - 03:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 33616 battles

View PostAZandEL, on Sep 30 2019 - 20:16, said:

You play that many battles in arty with most in a lefh and YOU are telling others to get good? LoL. Get over yourself. Typical toxic jerk.

I'm toxic for telling the truth?  I'm toxic for playing the game the way I want to play - all within the EULA? …. or am I just toxic because I play differently than you do and you're a bitter little chick?  Enlighten me.

Tedsc #22 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 19:17

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 46560 battles

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Oct 01 2019 - 03:47, said:

That is so pathetic and selfish of you!!!

When you press the "BATTLE" button you are accepting the battle before it starts. It shows your lack of skill and character when you bail on a team because you think it won't be "fun" for you. Maybe you should make it "fun" by getting better and helping your team instead of cowering and running away. 

People like you are what is ruining this game!!

I am paying for entertainment.  If I buy tickets to a movie that is bad, I walk out.  If I eat at a restaurant and the food sucks, i don't feel compelled to eat it.  This is no different.  I am PAYING for entertainment, when WoT fails to deliver the entertaining experience I am PAYING for, I feel COMPLETELY justified in exiting the battle by "Playing aggressively"/YOLOing!

In fact if you want a feature that would really sell WoT premium time, give premium members an option to de-select 3 tiered battles they way we get to un-check encounter battles etc. .  I would buy that in a HEART BEAT!!!  If you throw in 1 arty per team max guarantee and I bet you see people come BACK to the game that left long ago because of this stupid knife to a gun fight crap WG pushes on us.

Edited by Tedsc, Oct 02 2019 - 19:26.

Tedsc #23 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 19:38

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 46560 battles

View PostWaarheid, on Sep 29 2019 - 16:48, said:

Bottom tier games really do suck. No fun at all, especially if you're a scrub like me. 

And bottom-tier lights really can't perform at all. Can't even spot the bush they are hiding in

[OP: Just in case you don't know, my comments above are examples of sarcasm].

If you enjoy bottom tier games, then power to you.  And for the record, I didn't say it was impossible to have a good game from bottom tier in a 3 tier battle, I said 3 tiered battles from top and bottom tier just aren't fun.  Middle tier in a 3 tier battles has a competitive advantage over bottom tier and is at a competitive disadvantage relative to top tier.  The key word is "competitive".  The difference between the 2 tiers isn't so drastic.  If I play a heavy tank and get into a 3 tier battle at middle tier, I can still play like a heavy and expect my armor to bounce some shells.  If I get into a 3 tier battle with a heavy at bottom tier, I cannot play like a heavy or rely on my armor AT ALL, I have to play like a really slow medium tank with horrible accuracy.  If I wanted to play a really slow medium tank, I would play a slow medium tank.  I played the damn heavy because that is the game experience I am looking for!

Edited by Tedsc, Oct 02 2019 - 19:39.

WhineMaker #24 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 19:39

Major

• Players
  • 39186 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostAZandEL, on Sep 30 2019 - 17:16, said:

~WHAAAAAAAA!!!~

People aren't playing as I require them to... :child:

jst2gr8 #25 Posted Oct 03 2019 - 01:56

Captain

• Players
  • 66339 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostTedsc, on Oct 02 2019 - 11:17, said:

I am paying for entertainment.  If I buy tickets to a movie that is bad, I walk out.  If I eat at a restaurant and the food sucks, i don't feel compelled to eat it.  This is no different.  I am PAYING for entertainment, when WoT fails to deliver the entertaining experience I am PAYING for, I feel COMPLETELY justified in exiting the battle by "Playing aggressively"/YOLOing!

In fact if you want a feature that would really sell WoT premium time, give premium members an option to de-select 3 tiered battles they way we get to un-check encounter battles etc. .  I would buy that in a HEART BEAT!!!  If you throw in 1 arty per team max guarantee and I bet you see people come BACK to the game that left long ago because of this stupid knife to a gun fight crap WG pushes on us.

Everything you have said only affects you, none of them are a "team" thing. So when you decide to cower and run you hurt the 14 others on your team. If you don't want to be part of a team game then do us all a favor and just don't play. 

I truthfully think you use the "playing for entertainment" is a sad excuse for you being terrible at the game. 

Taylor3006 #26 Posted Oct 03 2019 - 06:09

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3668 battles

I agree with the OP about matchmaking, it does suck to be low tier but this seems to be the trend with all Wargaming titles. Vehicles are balanced by tier, not by what tiers they will meet in combat so MM essentially just wrecks this balance. Putting inferior vehicles that have lesser crews (and maybe no equipment) used by newer players into battles with veteran players with better tanks, is one way to run people off. From my perspective it looks as if they need to feed the egos of players who just can not make the cut by feeding them inferior opponents to keep them in the game.  I think the reasoning behind what they have designed is to push players to upper tiers where the tanks are better or get them to buy premium tanks that may be perceived as better. I believe what actually happens is players either adapt (the "get good" argument), they quit the game (I did this years ago but came back), or in the case of WoWS, they just play co-op. Course this isn't an option in WoT unless you just stick to the special game modes when available. 

I am a World of Warships player who dabbles in Tanks and the way I have dealt with MM in WoT is just to ignore stats and try to have fun. I never use gold ammo, rarely use consumables, and just run around blasting crap. I stay at tiers 2-5 just grinding my crews and farming rewards. I have exactly zero compunction to go further up the tiers and no reason to purchase premium tanks beyond tier 5 so their game design only served to keep me from spending my free time and money on the game. It is a shame too, the game is kind of fun. Tanks is a good game, not great, but good. Matchmaking is just one of the reasons that keeps the game from greatness. 

Edited by Taylor3006, Oct 03 2019 - 06:23.

_Kradok_ #27 Posted Oct 03 2019 - 13:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 33616 battles

View PostTaylor3006, on Oct 03 2019 - 00:09, said:

I agree with the OP about matchmaking, it does suck to be low tier but this seems to be the trend with all Wargaming titles. Vehicles are balanced by tier, not by what tiers they will meet in combat so MM essentially just wrecks this balance. Putting inferior vehicles that have lesser crews (and maybe no equipment) used by newer players into battles with veteran players with better tanks, is one way to run people off. From my perspective it looks as if they need to feed the egos of players who just can not make the cut by feeding them inferior opponents to keep them in the game.  I think the reasoning behind what they have designed is to push players to upper tiers where the tanks are better or get them to buy premium tanks that may be perceived as better. I believe what actually happens is players either adapt (the "get good" argument), they quit the game (I did this years ago but came back), or in the case of WoWS, they just play co-op. Course this isn't an option in WoT unless you just stick to the special game modes when available. 

I am a World of Warships player who dabbles in Tanks and the way I have dealt with MM in WoT is just to ignore stats and try to have fun. I never use gold ammo, rarely use consumables, and just run around blasting crap. I stay at tiers 2-5 just grinding my crews and farming rewards. I have exactly zero compunction to go further up the tiers and no reason to purchase premium tanks beyond tier 5 so their game design only served to keep me from spending my free time and money on the game. It is a shame too, the game is kind of fun. Tanks is a good game, not great, but good. Matchmaking is just one of the reasons that keeps the game from greatness. 

If you played more, you'd have a better understanding. 

You can't read the first chapter of a book and know the ending...  you can only know you want to continue to read or put it down.  Maybe you need to put tanks down? 

Seriously, trying to argue the nuances of WoT with low battle count and low tier play doesn't give you an insight into the actual game.  You THINK you have it... but you don't.  Feeding egos?  making the imaginary cut?  These are abstracts you've used to dial in your position - and they fail to show anything past a new player's perception.

Taylor3006 #28 Posted Oct 03 2019 - 15:30

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3668 battles

View Post_Kradok_, on Oct 03 2019 - 06:39, said:

If you played more, you'd have a better understanding. 

You can't read the first chapter of a book and know the ending...  you can only know you want to continue to read or put it down.  Maybe you need to put tanks down? 

Seriously, trying to argue the nuances of WoT with low battle count and low tier play doesn't give you an insight into the actual game.  You THINK you have it... but you don't.  Feeding egos?  making the imaginary cut?  These are abstracts you've used to dial in your position - and they fail to show anything past a new player's perception.

What a bunch of crap. I mean seriously, this is the most poorly constructed argument I have seen on this topic. 

Your analogy does not even work, has little to nothing to do with the subject at hand. I am only relaying my experiences with Wargaming products is all. 

Matchmaking in WoT and WoWS is pathetic. It is set up to push people into either quitting the game or spending money on the game to make it seem as if you are competitive. I explained this and the best you can come up with is an analogy that makes little sense in context of the discussion.....  

Giving a new player's perspective is exactly what I was doing in discussion of WoT but with the benefit of being a long time WoWS player.  There was nothing nuanced about my statements, nothing abstract and I made my position quite clear. Please get your facts straight before you distort them, it makes you look foolish. 

_Kradok_ #29 Posted Oct 03 2019 - 15:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 33616 battles

View PostTaylor3006, on Oct 03 2019 - 09:30, said:

What a bunch of crap. I mean seriously, this is the most poorly constructed argument I have seen on this topic. 

Your analogy does not even work, has little to nothing to do with the subject at hand. I am only relaying my experiences with Wargaming products is all. 

Matchmaking in WoT and WoWS is pathetic. It is set up to push people into either quitting the game or spending money on the game to make it seem as if you are competitive. I explained this and the best you can come up with is an analogy that makes little sense in context of the discussion.....  

Giving a new player's perspective is exactly what I was doing in discussion of WoT but with the benefit of being a long time WoWS player.  There was nothing nuanced about my statements, nothing abstract and I made my position quite clear. Please get your facts straight before you distort them, it makes you look foolish. 

And.... I disagree with your assessment.  After my 32 THOUSAND battles, I don't find the MM to be "that big of a deal" anymore, or maybe I'm just not a whiner?

Taylor3006 #30 Posted Oct 03 2019 - 21:39

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3668 battles

View Post_Kradok_, on Oct 03 2019 - 08:45, said:

And.... I disagree with your assessment.  After my 32 THOUSAND battles, I don't find the MM to be "that big of a deal" anymore, or maybe I'm just not a whiner?

That is good, at least you made a point. 
I imagine good players are going to be able to do well no matter what tier they are. The only players that are put at a disadvantage because of MM are new players, average players, and below average players when they are bottom tier for the reasons I stated before. Hence my assessment that the game (not just WoT, again am a WoWS player) is set up to lessor players to fail. The biggest beneficiaries to a system like that are the marginal players with multiple thousands or tens of thousands of games that can not hack it at the upper tiers and prey on the noobs. Playing at tier 2-4, I come up against many players with 20k - 100k games... Playing at tiers 2-4...... And that is what we are talking about, as the OP stated, tier 3....  But yeah, whine, whatever. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users