Ammo for M2 Medium tank

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

TGH_garrett1127 #1 Posted Oct 01 2019 - 14:45

Private

• -Players-
  • 2237 battles
I mistakenly sold one of my ammo choices in the depot for the M2 Medium tank, how do I go about getting it back?

dunniteowl #2 Posted Oct 01 2019 - 15:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

In the tank you 'goofed' with selected in your Garage, simply click on the Service button where you would NORMALLY go to change ammo types during outfitting.

In this mode you will see your screen for Ammo (on top) and Consumables (on bottom) and each section has an "Automatically Resupply" check box on them.

In the ammo section, you will be able to select, via the little arrow keys next to each ammo type, the number and type of shells you wish to outfit your ammo loadout.  You will NOT be able to ADD AMMO unless your ammo complement is less than 100%.  This is why the arrow keys.  You use them to demount shells of one type in order to mount shells of another.

So if you sold off all your, say, HE rounds (#3 most times) and wanted it back, you'd already have a low ammo complement and you should be able to simply refill that slot with a small holding down of the UP arrow key for that slot.

The rest, from here, should be PAINFULLY easy for you to figure out.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

TGH_garrett1127 #3 Posted Oct 01 2019 - 18:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 2237 battles

Thanks for your reply, but I only see two ammo choices, and I can lower both to just 1 shell, but still can't get the 3rd choice to show up.Right now I see two types of ammo:

1=2.95" HE M48

2=2.95" Heat Heat M66

This tank has the 75mm Howitzer M3 gun mounted.

Holding the up arrow key does increase the number of shells for the type that is picked.

here' a screen cap.

Attached Files

• Attached File   Image1.jpg   335K

MiddleAgedNoob #4 Posted Oct 01 2019 - 18:25

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18728 battles
  • [MARV] MARV

View PostTGH_garrett1127, on Oct 01 2019 - 12:11, said:

Well, there's yur problem.  The 75mm Howitzer only has two ammo choices, regular HE and premium HEAT.  This is true of a number of howitzers.  If you used one of the 37mm guns, you'd have three ammo choices.

GLHF

TGH_garrett1127 #5 Posted Oct 01 2019 - 18:47

Private

• -Players-
  • 2237 battles
Thanks, I'm still trying to learn all the ins and outs of this game. There also a small circle in blue neon just below my name that has a + sign in the center of it, and a number to the right side, have not been able to find out what that is, any clues???This on the garage scene.

dunniteowl #6 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 01:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

View PostTGH_garrett1127, on Oct 01 2019 - 11:11, said:

Thanks for your reply, but I only see two ammo choices, and I can lower both to just 1 shell, but still can't get the 3rd choice to show up.Right now I see two types of ammo:

1=2.95" HE M48

2=2.95" Heat Heat M66

Holding the up arrow key does increase the number of shells for the type that is picked.

here' a screen cap.

This means that the GUN you are loading DOES NOT TAKE THOSE ROUNDS.  NO way, NO how.  It's a howitzer and cannot fire APCR, so it gets HE and HEAT.

If you look through your guns in the selection boxes in the left hand section just below your selected tank in the Garage, you can click the Gun Module and it will pop up a window showing you all the different guns you can mount.  If they are in Red, you can't mount them due to insufficient turret style or weight limit.  The list of guns in that window will have either three values for Penetration: 34/44/25 Pen, which indicates 34mm penetration with AP rounds, 44mm penetration with APCR and 25mm penetration with HE.

If you see only 25/38 then that's a howitzer (aka: Derp) gun and only fires Artillery rounds, essentially in the form of HE which explodes either on contact or in proximity (though those are not used in the game) to a target or an High Explosive Anti Tank Round (HEAT) coming from an artillery round, it scream down on top of a tank and can penetrate the top chassis deck or turret of many tanks.  

And I use probably a poor example overall, though it should be enough to get the idea.

Now, in trade for this increase in penetration in APCR, you usually do not get much, if any, increase in damage.  The projectile has less explosive charge in return for much higher velocity and a different method for detonation.  The damage is calculated generally the same between standard Armor Piercing (AP) rounds and Armor Piercing Composite Rigid (APCR) rounds which are designed to be fired at higher velocity to punch through thicker armor.  The warhead itself is not usually any more powerful and in some cases can be reduced, depending on Real World applications, though those do not apply here.

In these cases, you'd see a difference between a 'rifle' gun and a 'howitzer' gun, due to the way they are manufactured and their original intended purposes.

You could see, with the above penetration values (this would be a tier II/III level) something like this:

Rifle Gun                                                      Howitzer Gun

55/55/80                                                            85/100

The other difference you will see if you examine these items this way is How Fast the gun fires, in terms of Rounds Per Minute, though it is officially termed Rate of Fire (RoF) so as not to fight with the standard definition of Revolutions Per Minute RPM concept.  This is expressed in reload times on your Dispersion Ring in the game view, either arcade, sniper or overhead, depending on what you're playing.

The More Powerful Damage guns will always have Longer Reload Times.

[edit small brain fart, corrected]

Hope that is also helpful.

OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Oct 02 2019 - 01:30.

1ST_AD_Abrams #7 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 20:08

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4669 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
That is a question I have been wondering to as to what that blue version of my screen name with the + by it or on top of (not in game at moment), what is the function of that?

dunniteowl #8 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 21:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

What that is, is your Personal Reserves Bar.  Your name, highlighted in blue with a + sign and a number (from 01 to 99).  When you click on this area, it will take you to a screen that has a list of all the Reserves, Bonds and Directives you can use (if you have them) and will show you the ones you do have.

You are talking about this:

Posted Image

It is your Player Account button.

Clicking on this takes you to your Depot, in all actuality; and automatically places you into the Personal Reserves Section of your Depot.  Use the following image to sort of follow along for a few quick tips on that page.  I am working on an "All Things Garage" Guide, but the time I have to devote to play IS, as I'm sure you can understand, more important than sitting down with all these screen shots, a paint program and patience.  That said, I am putting some of it together visually from screenshots that are meant to combine with my text descriptions of the functions covered.

Posted Image

In brief:

1]  This is the Player Account button.  This is the button that got you to this portion of the Depot.  You could, if you so chose while in the Garage, click on the word "Depot" and get here, too.  Just NOTE the position of the Personal Reserves in this Image, it is the one highlighted in orange on the left tab.  This does not show in this image, but when you click on your Player Account button, Note along the left edge of the tabs available and hover over each one in line.  The one you are ON is highlighted in amber or orange.

2]  Highlighted the DEPOT.  This is where you "really" are in your Garage Interface.  There is a LOT you can do in your Depot,  You SHOULD explore it.

3]  These are your Personal Reserve Boxes.  As you can see, you can activate up to three Different Personal Reserves at a time.  When you click on those boxes, you will get this screen.  And HERE you can see the highlighted section and option tabs on the left hand side:

Posted Image

4]  This is where, if you have them, you can choose which badge you will display.  You will know if you have badges when you click it and it takes you to a section where the badges are stored.  If you have no badges, they will all show for purchase or unavailable and you will see a little 0 in your depot count.

5]  This is where, if you choose to do so, you can exclude a map in the game.  A Premium Player can exclude 2 maps and FTPPs such as myself only get 1.  I haven't used it.

Please take the time some time to explore ALL your garage functions and hover over EVERYTHING you can.  Much of it has at least a blurb of information about them and, honestly, MOST of it makes clear sense once you get a description of it.

Hope this is helpful to any and all who do not know this stuff.  

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Oct 02 2019 - 21:55.

TGH_garrett1127 #9 Posted Nov 05 2019 - 02:39

Private

• -Players-
  • 2237 battles

Thank you dunniteowl

Nice guide.

dunniteowl #10 Posted Nov 05 2019 - 15:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

Thank you for the props!  I have an objective to do things that make it easier for folks to learn what all the 'unspoken' things in the game are.  Oddly enough, there is VERY LITTLE in the way of a Garage Guide.  All the primary focii of most folks who wish to help out others is in guides and tutorials dedicated to the combat aspect, which, of course, is what we're all really here to do, right?

However, I found that MOST of my tactical errors begin in the Garage.  Wrong ammo choices, wrong gun types, inappropriate knowledge of the functions in the garage to help me make good choices, etc.  There are hover text boxes for almost everything, however most of the descriptions are very short on actual information.

Sadly, the WGC changeover has forced me to the sidelines.  I can't even login now.  It's my ISP, they will not allow P2P functionality at all, because, in their tech guy's response to me was, "...bad things can happen, so we just don't allow it."  I'm working on that issue, though, until then, my "All Things Garage" guide is what you see posted above at this point.

Meanwhile, I am still also working on a Map Guide, which is shy of five maps in normal Random Pub Matches, which might be a bit of an overstatement as I collected maps in a manner consistent with being spawned either North, South, East or West for Standard, Assault and Encounter maps.  This means, in some cases, a Map of a Single Battle Field could produce up to six different spawn positions for a player -- and I included all those -- except for the last five.

Lastly, anyone with suggestions or questions about functions in the Garage Pages for things to present, I'm all ears.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users