AT7 At8 TD NEW NEW PLAYER help noob advice recommend

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Karin_chaan #1 Posted Oct 01 2019 - 22:16

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1080 battles
  • [AYAYA] AYAYA

Hey! So, i'm a noob xD... (i left the game long time ago, but now i'm back!)  First time that i post something in the forums... i love TD, i mean, Be a sniper... shot u from far away xDD... now i'm whit AT7.. (i really loved AT8) do you have any advice for me? some tactics, what u recommend To me? as u can see, i'm a little insecure xDD  and i think that i can get better and better! i search some videos, i learn a little of things... but i want to learn more! (i really sorry for my bad English)

HOTA_CHATON #2 Posted Oct 01 2019 - 22:51

Major

• Players
  • 13573 battles
  • [MSG] MSG
Bush mechanics are your friends, be sure to use them as effectively as possible.  Teach your crews camo, put on camo, throw on a camo net, use binoculars when and wherever possible.  Other than that, you are at the mercy of this game and your teams.

ReasonsWhy #3 Posted Oct 01 2019 - 23:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7833 battles
For using bushes, if the bush is transparent then you're gaining a camo bonus from it. If the bush is well bushy, then you can fire through it without getting spotted (hopefully). I'd recommend the STRV line if you're planning on sniping in your tds as they offer great dpm, accuracy and camo.

madogthefirst #4 Posted Oct 01 2019 - 23:39

Major

• Players
  • 24711 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostHOTA_CHATON, on Oct 01 2019 - 13:51, said:

Bush mechanics are your friends, be sure to use them as effectively as possible.  Teach your crews camo, put on camo, throw on a camo net, use binoculars when and wherever possible.  Other than that, you are at the mercy of this game and your teams.

It is an AT you ain't hiding nothing.

View PostiCore111, on Oct 01 2019 - 13:16, said:

Hey! So, i'm a noob xD... (i left the game long time ago, but now i'm back!)  First time that i post something in the forums... i love TD, i mean, Be a sniper... shot u from far away xDD... now i'm whit AT7.. (i really loved AT8) do you have any advice for me? some tactics, what u recommend To me? as u can see, i'm a little insecure xDD  and i think that i can get better and better! i search some videos, i learn a little of things... but i want to learn more! (i really sorry for my bad English)

It comes down to hiding as much of your tank around corners as you can especially the commander's hatch, avoid turning corners that expose your track first before your gun. I don't have experience in the larger AT series.

Scorpiany #5 Posted Oct 01 2019 - 23:44

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 37110 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

In general, I would say fast TD's with either a turret (T67, Hellcat, Challenger, Charioteer) or with a wide gun arc (Archer, E-25, etc.) are great ways to learn how to snipe. While those kind of TD's are a lot more vulnerable, having that mobility allows you to find better angles to snipe from, and allows you to react to how the battle is developing. They also let you learn bush mechanics more easily, since if your current spot isn't working, you can just move to another one.

That being said, if you really like the more armored TD's, then the British TD line that you're going up is fine - The problem is, they're mean to be brawlers, not snipers.

24_inch_pythons #6 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 01:05

Major

• Players
  • 30257 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostKarin_chaan, on Oct 01 2019 - 15:16, said:

You want some advice? Don't play TDs. 

Sincerely,

Someone who plays a lot of TDs

mlinke #7 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 01:31

Captain

• Players
  • 53246 battles
  • [FIXX] FIXX
Hide commanders cupola and bully others. Do not get flanked. Boulders and buildings are your friends

tod914 #8 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 02:08

Major

• Players
  • 64852 battles

If you get bored, here's an e-25 match from last night. 

The ATs can be fun.  Try to protect your cupola (commander's hatch) from being hit.  Wobble your tank a little in between shots if your being shot at.  You can play those aggressively in city maps too.  Make sure your crew gets repairs.

Edited by tod914, Oct 02 2019 - 02:09.

ChaseR392 #9 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 02:47

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8708 battles

The British AT series tanks are not the tanks to "learn TDs/sniping" with....

They are not traditional tank destroyers.... they are armored pillboxes on tracks.... meant to be played up front or at least near the front. In addition, when you moved up to the AT7 you will now see Tier 9 tanks, so unless you have the top gun you will have difficulty damaging them.... and they will simply load gold rounds and destroy you.... if arty doesn't get you first.

In my opinion, the British AT tanks can be extremely frustrating to play in Random battles.... as few teams will make any attempt to capitalize on the tanks' strengths, mainly its ability to advance under fire (giving your teammates a shield or chance to move) or its ability to hold a chock-point.

If you want to learn "TD stuff"... namely using camo and spotting mechanics to your advantage.... you need to drop down a few tiers and pick a different TD line.... such as the American turreted TD line (the M8a1 is a good start), the German line (starting with the Marder 38T) or the Russian TD line (the SU-76m is a good start).

Karin_chaan #10 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 12:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1080 battles
  • [AYAYA] AYAYA
thank a loot for your answers! it really help me....

Edited by Karin_chaan, Oct 02 2019 - 12:51.

Karin_chaan #11 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 12:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1080 battles
  • [AYAYA] AYAYA

View PostReasonsWhy, on Oct 02 2019 - 01:31, said:

For using bushes, if the bush is transparent then you're gaining a camo bonus from it. If the bush is well bushy, then you can fire through it without getting spotted (hopefully). I'd recommend the STRV line if you're planning on sniping in your tds as they offer great dpm, accuracy and camo.

Thanks! i will see  STRV  line

Karin_chaan #12 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 12:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1080 battles
  • [AYAYA] AYAYA

View Posttod914, on Oct 02 2019 - 04:08, said:

If you get bored, here's an e-25 match from last night. 

The ATs can be fun.  Try to protect your cupola (commander's hatch) from being hit.  Wobble your tank a little in between shots if your being shot at.  You can play those aggressively in city maps too.  Make sure your crew gets repairs.

i know! sometimes is super fun! and i love when shots bounce xDD but sometimes, is hard...  and i'm gonna see that replay :^o

Karin_chaan #13 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 12:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1080 battles
  • [AYAYA] AYAYA

View Post24_inch_pythons, on Oct 02 2019 - 03:05, said:

You want some advice? Don't play TDs. 

Sincerely,

Someone who plays a lot of TDs

that's sad... i really like TDs

Also tagged with AT7, At8, TD, NEW, NEW PLAYER, help, noob, advice, recommend

1 user(s) are reading this topic