SPG ARTY

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

DlCKRICHARD #1 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 04:39

Private

• -Players-
  • 11431 battles
  • [NATAC] NATAC

While five lines of arty is great and each one has a different feel, I'd like more variety. Whether that be rocket trucks (we already have wheeled light tanks), in place field guns, or other mobile tracked artillery. Most will hate the idea, and others will beg for it the class to be removed entirely, I'd just like the class to receive some love rather than be treated like the game's pariah/redheaded stepchild.

Also, some accuracy or faster aim time would be cool. Just saying.

heavymetal1967 #2 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 04:44

Major

• Players
  • 73097 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandkanon_1

14 rounds plus one in the pipe in 45 seconds.  :arta:  And look close before they start firing - 3 platooned.

alphadogg64 #3 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 04:50

Captain

• Players
  • 1163 battles
Well you aren't getting any.

alphadogg64 #4 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 05:02

Captain

• Players
  • 1163 battles
Wow, look at that, you're really bad at the game AND want more arty. What a surprise.

Morania #5 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 05:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5806 battles
You're the "mosquitoes are God's creatures too" guy.

Bavor #6 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 06:00

Major

• Players
  • 34256 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostDlCKRICHARD, on Oct 01 2019 - 22:39, said:

Also, some accuracy or faster aim time would be cool. Just saying.

Arty has been able to directly hit or splash and track light and medium tanks on the move very easily since patch 9.18.  It doesn't need better accuracy and a shorter aim time.

JakeTheMystic #7 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 06:39

Major

• Players
  • 24987 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Unless they make the maps x10 larger and arty can't shoot across the entire map, 3 on such a small map is too many as is. 

Better off just limiting to 2 until WG gets an idea on how to design maps correctly. I don't see why they can't just let the community design some maps. 

WhineMaker #8 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 08:23

Major

• Players
  • 38560 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostBavor, on Oct 01 2019 - 21:00, said:

Arty has been able to directly hit or splash and track light and medium tanks on the move very easily since patch 9.18.  It doesn't need better accuracy and a shorter aim time.

Light and medium tanks going in a straight line, a predictable zig zag pattern or into predictable areas are very easily hit with arty. 

It's not arty accuracy or aim time that's the issue, it's the players that actually think they are "good" and doing any of the above. Then they all come running to the forums to whine and belly ache about their inability to excel at a video game and blaming a mechanic that has been in the game for over 8 years... :child:

An_old_slow_guy #9 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 10:23

Captain

• Players
  • 63034 battles
  • [ELVIS] ELVIS
Been an arty player for awhile, even before all the nerfs. We definitely don't need more arty per match.  3 per side are too many, 2 per side is better for both the arty player and those in other vehicles.  I would limit it to 1 on the smaller maps. Way back, I saw as many as 8 arty per side, it was a pretty stupid battle to say the least.   If any changes were implemented, I would like to see a slightly shorter reload, the ability of arty to engage with direct fire/sniper mode (with an accurate reticle too)  and an uptick in speed and camo rating to give them a chance against the wheelies that penetrate the rear.  If they won't increase arty speed, at least give them a workable direct fire, line of sight mode and possibly an entrenchment mode where their camo and armor level is raised as some sort of defense against regular tanks who now enjoy an almost 100% one shot one kill advantage over arty in a direct fire duel,  something arty rarely has anymore in indirect or direct fire mode.

alphadogg64 #10 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 10:31

Captain

• Players
  • 1163 battles

View PostAn_old_slow_guy, on Oct 02 2019 - 09:23, said:

Been an arty player for awhile, even before all the nerfs. We definitely don't need more arty per match.  3 per side are too many, 2 per side is better for both the arty player and those in other vehicles.  I would limit it to 1 on the smaller maps. Way back, I saw as many as 8 arty per side, it was a pretty stupid battle to say the least.   If any changes were implemented, I would like to see a slightly shorter reload, the ability of arty to engage with direct fire/sniper mode (with an accurate reticle too)  and an uptick in speed and camo rating to give them a chance against the wheelies that penetrate the rear.  If they won't increase arty speed, at least give them a workable direct fire, line of sight mode and possibly an entrenchment mode where their camo and armor level is raised as some sort of defense against regular tanks who now enjoy an almost 100% one shot one kill advantage over arty in a direct fire duel,  something arty rarely has anymore in indirect or direct fire mode.

Good way to tell how out of touch with reality someone is, they say "all the nerfs" when referencing artillery. There was one nerf, and it was barely impactful. 

An_old_slow_guy #11 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 10:45

Captain

• Players
  • 63034 battles
  • [ELVIS] ELVIS

View Postalphadogg64, on Oct 02 2019 - 04:31, said:

Good way to tell how out of touch with reality someone is, they say "all the nerfs" when referencing artillery. There was one nerf, and it was barely impactful. 

Try trolling someone stupid idiot.  Arty has had multiple nerfs - limits to arty per side.  Limits to alpha damage,  Limits to splash damage,  Added a stun feature, Removal of AP rounds.  But I guess you are new and  those all equal 1 to your [edited]. 

alphadogg64 #12 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 11:19

Captain

• Players
  • 1163 battles

View PostAn_old_slow_guy, on Oct 02 2019 - 09:45, said:

Try trolling someone stupid idiot.  Arty has had multiple nerfs - limits to arty per side.  Limits to alpha damage,  Limits to splash damage,  Added a stun feature, Removal of AP rounds.  But I guess you are new and  those all equal 1 to your [edited]. 

9.18 was overall a buff, and since then there has been a barely impactful nerf in regards to stun.

You're really proving why you're an arty player though, bro. You keep playing that M53/M55, you're so close to the fabled 13,000 battles in it. Very respectful.

_Kradok_ #13 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 13:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 33293 battles
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI

I've got 25K battles in arty...  I'd absolutely love a new line, but......

I doubt we'll get one due to the vehemence against it.  Whining has brought forth the stupid stun mechanic... and arty players sure as HELL didn't ask for it.  

Lower to 2 per side, allow me to platoon arty with friends again, give me another prem SPG (Tier 4-7 is fine to avoid tiers 8-10, just give me one) and I'll be happy.

The whole back and forth about arty is pretty stupid, and I get caught up in it just like everyone else..  but the bottom line is I'll play arty as I see fit until such time as I don't want to play anymore or they remove the class and kill one of my avenues for fun (and my revenue stream to them).  The whiner's dollars vs the arty player's dollars... who will prevail?  Frankly, I don't give a damn.  If it's removed, I find new entertainment elsewhere and the whiners will then turn their attention to the next nuisance in the game they feel needs to be changed next.

I'm jumping back in my M44 now...

ArmorStorm #14 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 13:38

Major

• Players
  • 37704 battles
  • [F__R] F__R
[edited]RICHARD.  Yep. 

Cowcat137 #15 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 13:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 14199 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?
I travel the world
And the seven seas,
Everybody's looking for something.
Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused.

cavalry11 #16 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 15:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49807 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT
I guess the 1 nerf dude has been asleep for years.

Sturm_Teufel #17 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 15:30

Major

• Players
  • 48561 battles
  • [-P-] -P-
Get rid of the bird's/God's eye view, and I'm all for buffing arty.

DlCKRICHARD #18 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 16:41

Private

• -Players-
  • 11431 battles
  • [NATAC] NATAC

Let me address a few things. Firstly, that Bandkanon 1 is pretty sick. 

As for the gentleman that thinks stats are the only basis for whether something is valid, those that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Maybe you play under a different account now, I don't really care. My stats suck. Big deal. As a new player, I did dumb new player things and have been making gradual improvement since. It's been a hell of a grind. As for mosquitoes, they might have been created by God, but they wouldn't be the first thing of His to (hopefully) go extinct.  

I'd like to specify what I mean by more accuracy and aim speed/less aim time. Not all the arties need that buff. Most are just fine, except the Russian line (which is odd considering how much I hear about bias) and the high tier German line. With the extremely narrow traverse arc (4º on either side) and the need to frequently shift the hull to face new threats, a little bump in those two categories would be nice.

I do agree that perhaps 3 arty on the current map sizes can be a bit much and 2 feels like a good number. And I don't consider myself a big arty player with about 10% of games being in an arty. I find them fun, relaxing, and great when I'm a bit drunk. All I'm asking for is some more variety, or at least some one-offs with some novelty. 

Also tagged with SPG, ARTY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users