• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

choSenfroZen_1 #21 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 19:17

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6346 battles
  • [GITS] GITS

View Postalphadogg64, on Oct 01 2019 - 20:02, said:

Wow, look at that, you're really bad at the game AND want more arty. What a surprise.

Oh look a moron , what a surprise.

Someone offers an opinion, and this twit arrives to announce he can type useless crud.

The OP wants more game pieces in a game. If you disagree, fine, find a reason and explain  or shut up.

Someones opinion, besides being none of your concern, is not based on stats. Gad, you are pathetic. We get it, artillery is mean to you and you want the game changed so it is easier for you.

Games don't work like that idiot. You have to get good to beat the game, not the other way around.

Reroll, lets see your real account, diarrhea dog

Edited by choSenfroZen_1, Nov 21 2019 - 06:41.

cheapbooks #22 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 22:47

Captain

• Players
  • 40399 battles
  • [CBKS] CBKS

I started playing maybe in 2014. kept getting killed by arty. 

I then started playing arty to see how it works.

I then stopped getting killed by arty.

There is nothing wrong with 3 arty per game.

SwollenOstrich #23 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 23:08

Captain

• Players
  • 26537 battles

View Postcheapbooks, on Nov 19 2019 - 15:47, said:

Well, yes. But to be fair, this was more due to the fact you usually die so fast that the enemy arty is still loading their first shell ...

Nierka4 #24 Posted Nov 21 2019 - 10:18

Private

• -Players-
  • 16546 battles
  • [LTT] LTT
Please, no artys. I just bought RDR 2 just after got enough from SPG's and wheeled. I could spend that money on WOT but these two types of tanks give me too much bad emotion, decided to look elsewhere where I get positive emotion from the game. At least temporary. I love WOT but SPG and now those pesky wheelers kill all the fun from the game.

_Kradok_ #25 Posted Nov 21 2019 - 14:13

Major

• -Players-
  • 34103 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View PostNierka4, on Nov 21 2019 - 04:18, said:

Please, no artys. I just bought RDR 2 just after got enough from SPG's and wheeled. I could spend that money on WOT but these two types of tanks give me too much bad emotion, decided to look elsewhere where I get positive emotion from the game. At least temporary. I love WOT but SPG and now those pesky wheelers kill all the fun from the game.

A pixel vehicle in a game emotionally challenged you - and won....

Thanks dude.  I needed the laugh today.

Getting back in my CGC...

Glacierewp #26 Posted Nov 21 2019 - 16:59

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 15540 battles
  • [VIPR] VIPR
I don't mind the larger artillery, but I think that anything below teir 7 needs to be MM differently. A team gaining an FV304 and 2 M44s that have reloads of around 10 seconds make that impossible to grind in teir 7 and sometimes 8 when they are constantly tracking.

destroika #27 Posted Nov 23 2019 - 10:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18480 battles

You know how there's 3 game modes for the "standard" battle? Standard, Assault and something else... I turned off the other 2 several years ago and never looked back. I wonder what the results would be if they had an option to turn off your own match making with arty players (unless you pick arty of course).

My guess is there would be an immediate sharp decline in matches that include arty, but as more and more tank battles evolve into stale-mate sieges, camp fests, and dragged on draws, or just more mindless charge-across-the-map games that end in 2 minutes, people will want the arty back. Also, without arty, no one will play light tanks either. Mediums will fall out of fashion next, and lastly heavy tanks. In the end, everyone will only queue up as TD.

Arty-play is a great way to think outside the box and this game would lose more in the absence of arty. I think the core of this issue is the relatively small maps.

General question: how could one possible play arty - how to plan and place your shot - without the overhead "god" view? This keeps coming up and I can't think of a better way.

Edited by destroika, Nov 23 2019 - 10:09.

MUMBLESRUMBLES #28 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 15:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 53066 battles
  • [TAC-E] TAC-E

View Postcheapbooks, on Nov 19 2019 - 16:47, said:

I started playing maybe in 2014. kept getting killed by arty. 

I then started playing arty to see how it works.

There is nothing wrong with 3 arty per game.

the issue with 3 arty in a game is exp for the arty players.... the more arty there is, the more the fight over damages on the other team...and also, the anti arty is annoying to all arty players... 3 on a team of 15 is too much. 2 at most is best...

MUMBLESRUMBLES #29 Posted Nov 25 2019 - 15:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 53066 battles
  • [TAC-E] TAC-E
well, in ww2 there was a ton of anti tank guns. arty represents them in this game, so to be fair, yes, more arty choices could be added..... i liked when they had that event with the bots attacking you, and you could lay mines as well.... i felt that added more realism to the game.... so, more arty, or anti tank guns(half tracks) is a viable option, along with mines....the German Pak 40 makes other anti-tank guns look like toys. It would rip through 1 1/2 feet of steel from 300 yards.....

Edited by MUMBLESRUMBLES, Nov 25 2019 - 15:33.

CommandKarl #30 Posted Nov 27 2019 - 19:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 97140 battles
  • [F-A-T] F-A-T

Not often an arty player goes viral but enough is enough.

I truly believe most WOT players who complain about arty simply have no clue and seldom if ever have taken their precious time to actually learn how to play an SPG. It is not, contrary to popular opinion, a simple point and click easy job to do. If you take the time to learn how to play an SPG you just may learn a lot about how to avoid getting your behinds blown away by SPG's. Sigh, just like real world snipers, WOT arty is hated and despised for the same reasons but these skills are real and I would suggest the SPG whiners and complainers learn how to play the game instead of just complaining all the time..   

Why in the world would anyone want new arty? WOT will nerf the hell out of it again and again and again just like they are testing to do with SPG ammo right now. The cover story once again is we are "...just balancing the game". Oh give me a freaking break already. You know how many times SPG players have heard that old line over the last 8 years? Nerf after nerf after nerf...

I own all the available arty and have about 35,000 games in arty (out of close to 100,000 games total) and I can assure you WOT will continue to nerf arty again and again because of all the whining players who believe they have the inherent right to demand arty must remain worthless just so they can play their game by just sitting out in the open without any fear of someone actually shooting them. Just imagine the level of complaining if, good lord forbid, any other type of vehicle other than SPG's, was nerfed repeatedly until they were just about worthless? Just imagine if WOT developed new types of vehicles designed specifically to destroy the ability of any other type of vehicle other than SPG's? The stuff would hit the fan then but no one says much about wheeled vehicles just destroying arty jability to conceal themselves ust by driving through the area and spotting every arty little to no fear of anyone catching them much less even being able to hit or even target them.

Players should also note there is only ONE premium arty (French Tier 5) active in the game today, in other words there no SPG trainers so the grind is even harder for SPG's than any other type of vehicle. Non SPG players simply do not have to put up with multiple nerfs of entire lines of any vehicle type and who cares if a wheeled vehicle spots them the enemy arty cannot hurt you enough to make any difference now. Almost all other types of vehicles have multiple premium training vehicles. So why continue to whine about SPG's?

I could go on and on but what's the point? Those that complain will likely still complain those that understand will likely not say mor for fear of getting trolled right out of the game which appears to be what WOT would like to see happen anyway.

What WOT should do and will likely never happen is, "Restore some of the nerfed SPG ability for a whole population of PAYING players who not only enjoy playing arty but have over the years spent their time and money to get skilled at using an SPG". 

I vented and feel better for it, thanks at least for taking the time to read through this.

01LT #31 Posted Nov 29 2019 - 01:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37338 battles

would love to see some Japanese and China arty

Also tagged with SPG, ARTY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users