• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

banziduck #1 Posted Oct 03 2019 - 14:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21781 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

Hey Fellow Tankers,

I have a YouTube channel that I started to showcase Ace Tanker games, Good & Great games, Heart breaker Games, and so on.  We have a great community of tankers to support new players that need help or have questions. 

Swing by take a look see if the channel can help you.  Also if you have a replay you would like to be showcased pass it along.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers

Video of the Day 2ndArmoredCavalry

banziduck #2 Posted Oct 04 2019 - 13:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21781 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

Video of the Day H0D0R_

Cheers

GAJohnnie #3 Posted Oct 04 2019 - 17:42

Major

• Players
  • 10635 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Nice work Hodor!

dunniteowl #4 Posted Oct 04 2019 - 18:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 31410 battles

I may be a bit "seasoned" at this point, so you Newer and Struggling to Improve Players take this recommendation with the cautions that are attached:

First Off:  I play with the sound OFF and so do not hear BD's commentary, and as such, cannot vouch for that -- YET.

Second:  I have played many thousands of matches and so my 'eye' might be quicker to size things up for that.

Okay;  I have watched BanziDuck's videos this way for several months now and I have found that just watching other players who do really well can be VERY INFORMATIVE (which is why I DO recommend, both Zeven and Guido1212 in my WWP).  Again, considering my overall experience as a means to judge how much you might take from it.  Also, however, remember, that MY particular focus when I recommend stuff is to the New and/or Struggling to Improve Player.

You should watch BanziDuck's video reviews.  After I give them a solid listen, we'll see if they end up in the WWP, too.  No idea at this point, however, I'm leaning that way as it is, just from watching the replays in silence.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

banziduck #5 Posted Oct 05 2019 - 14:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21781 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

Video of the Day Ru251

Cheers

banziduck #6 Posted Oct 06 2019 - 18:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21781 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

Video of the Day "Nonamanadus"

Cheers

TLWiz #7 Posted Oct 06 2019 - 20:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 22155 battles
  • [DSSRT] DSSRT
I like Banzi's play by play style, it is entertaining without being stupid. I recommend checking out his channel and if you like it to - go ahead and subscribe. :izmena:

banziduck #8 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 13:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21781 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

Video of the Day "_XVIII_"

Cheers

banziduck #9 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 13:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21781 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

Video of the day "MiddleAgedNoob"

Cheers

MiddleAgedNoob #10 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 14:52

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18149 battles
  • [MARV] MARV

View Postbanziduck, on Oct 08 2019 - 07:11, said:

Video of the day "MiddleAgedNoob"

Cheers

Thanks for the replay and commentary, as always Banzi.

GLHF

banziduck #11 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 13:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21781 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

Video of the Day "el_01"

Cheers

banziduck #12 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 13:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21781 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

Video of the day "dunniteowl"

Cheers

dunniteowl #13 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 16:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 31410 battles

Wow, I play on lowest settings, so when I see "me" in a replay in graphics that great, well -- damn, I look GOOD.  :D

That was a great match.  I was having a hard time getting my groove at first.  I would URGE anyone who has doubted me about my playing conditions to watch my ping and frame rate.  At first, when I was in back with the other guys hiding in the very back, I was really just trying to get to what I call First Position.  In this case that position was really intended to be about halfway up that roadway to the buildings where I ended going.

When I took off up to the middle of that section in the East, I realized, by the Count (teams lists) and Disposition (map locations + dead tanks + unspotted units = fair idea of where everyone mostly is) so far that the way ahead was mostly clear -- at least up to the buildings in the middle and sitting there waiting in the back with those guys wasn't productive, so I took off.

And they followed me!  Once I did that, the rest of the match was a series of just trying to set my self into a position to hit someone coming in a direction I was sure of -- or mostly, anyway.  Honestly, when I have a game like this, my mind is racing with all kinds of thoughts.  Where are they?  How good is their camo/VR?  Should I bully or evade?  And in all that, there's this little voice in my head saying, "Dude, you're going to get whacked any second now, look around you!"  Which means nothing if I can't spot it anyway.

So I then did my best to keep scooting up a reasonable distance and then stopping to let my binos kick in and attempt to spot through some of that foliage.  I have no idea why that unit that I nearly ran into didn't just pop me, but that T67 that was with me (he was a great coordinator, we didn't even map ping) nailed him at the same time I did and maybe he just was so surprised he didn't have time to do more than go, "Oh, crap --" and then he was done.

All that running around was purposeful, though.  I was hoping to use the Alecto's speed to continually place myself as far away from my last known spot as possible, in order to create confusion and allow me some time to get a plan for the next few seconds together.  

Also, I'd like to note, when I first ran to the middle of the East map edge, we looked pretty good.  From that point on, the West flank disappeared and the middle wasn't dealing with it very well, which is why I turned back.  Up to that point, I was a bit tunneled on getting some VR and spots on the east and north map end.

After that, it was me just running and gunning, telling myself, Survive, Do Damage, Help Your Team.  Of course, I'm also worried about position, cover, concealment, enemy positioning, movement and the objective while watching the clock tick down.

And all that means my heart is racing almost as fast as my thoughts and I'm having a BLAST!

I really want to thank you for showing that.  Totally unexpected and welcome.  That was one of the few replays I uploaded to WoTReplays, just because it was such an awesome game ultimately. 

I never know where I will end up on the Battle Results and I never really worry about it.  I end these kinds of games with a sort of rush of breath and a bit of wonder that it happened as it did.  Most of the time, all I can really remember is that I was doing my best to not get killed the whole time.  There are moments when I can sort of 'see' what's going to happen or at least how it CAN and it allows me to plan a few seconds ahead of that moment and prepare.  I think this is nothing more than a result of continually paying attention to the map, my situation and the topography around me.

So when the battle is over, a lot of times in games like this, I know I did good -- seriously, how could I not know when it was just the two of us for like 4m against what five or six of them -- because we won and I definitely knew I contributed.  Still, at the end of matches like that, I see the end results and usually go, "Holy Cow!  I did THAT?!?"   This was sort of one of those games, except that this particular match I seemed to have more time to think about my next move than usual.

Hope this little bit of 'memory lane' helps put that match for those that watch into better context.  I never think about the win at the end.  Everything is RIGHT NOW and the next few seconds to half a minute ahead and not any more than that.  The situation changes second by second, so my awareness of the situation has to adapt to those changes by being ready to die at any moment so that I can plan how not to have that happen.  Somewhere inside all that, I'm hoping for a chance to shoot Red Team.  When I get that chance, I do my best to maximize my damage potential and minimize my exposure, though oftentimes I realize a bit too late how exposed I am.

Those moments cost me games uncounted in the losses column.

You Newer Players and Older Players, too, hang in there, and keep a positive attitude as much as you can.  You never know you've lost until you've lost.

I ALWAYS want:

One More Second

One More Shot

One More Kill

One More Chance

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

mongoosejake #14 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 23:39

Major

• Players
  • 36537 battles
  • [S-F] S-F

Hey Banzi, been awhile since I posted any replays for you to see (and glad you made a forum topic for yourself!), so here's a couple:

Ace and Patrol Duty with the tier 6 French AMD 178b: http://wotreplays.eu/site/5047528#prokhorovka-mongoosejake-panhard_amd_178b

Ace via spotting moreso than damage with my favorite tank in the game, the Panther: http://wotreplays.eu/site/5047530#arctic_region-mongoosejake-panther

banziduck #15 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 13:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21781 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

Thanks Mongoosejake looking forward to them.

Cheers

banziduck #16 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 13:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21781 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

Video of the day "Nonamanadus"

Cheers

banziduck #17 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 18:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21781 battles