Jump to content


I Play Better Without Artillery: T55A Ace Mastery

T55A

  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

__WarChild__ #1 Posted Oct 03 2019 - 15:58

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 33422 battles
  • 6,082
  • [OPIC] OPIC
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

Howdy Tankers,

 

I just finished an accidental masterpiece.  I decided to play my T55A because of Tank Rewards and just wanted to try and finish in the Top 5, but ended up with my best game ever in this tank:

If you care to watch the replay: http://wotreplays.eu...-warchild-t_55a

 

In retrospect, this was my best performance in this tank primarily because there was NO ARTY in the match.  I could take advantage of the point without fear of being splashed from above while sitting in the open.  It really is a difference maker towards my enjoyment of the game.  Plus, there's nothing better than struggling with a Campaign Mission, forgetting about it completely, and then passing it with honors on a win.  Had I been thinking about the mission, I'm sure I would have choked.

 

Have a nice day!

 

__WarChild__

 



MagillaGuerilla #2 Posted Oct 03 2019 - 16:04

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 25905 battles
  • 4,694
  • Member since:
    01-06-2013
All battles are better without arty.

Tuzban #3 Posted Oct 03 2019 - 16:14

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 37878 battles
  • 459
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    10-04-2012

Grats!!

 

I've been hunting that Ace for a while, but kinda gave up when 1,480 xp wasn't enough.



_Kilo__ #4 Posted Oct 03 2019 - 16:28

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 48373 battles
  • 412
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
  • Member since:
    02-25-2014

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on Oct 03 2019 - 10:04, said:

All battles are better without arty.

 



Vava_das_SPGs #5 Posted Oct 03 2019 - 16:36

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 26194 battles
  • 2,196
  • Member since:
    06-02-2015
Abstract: "battles without arty are easier, and I want this game to be easy."

Carde #6 Posted Oct 03 2019 - 16:38

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 60316 battles
  • 267
  • Member since:
    07-12-2013
Funny, because I get arty focused in the t55 and the 260 and chieftain so much i want to quit the game.  Occurred to me after getting the rope and stool ready one night of instant orbital strikes that those degenerates are focusing the reward tanks because they are jealous and will never get them.  I mean..they wont even get to buy them for bonds..but 3 salty arties per side always ready to take their badness out on someone.  Nice to see you get a cracker of a match when those turds are slithering under someone elses rock,  though.
 
 
 

Edited by Carde, Oct 03 2019 - 16:43.


Altwar #7 Posted Oct 03 2019 - 17:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 58567 battles
  • 5,346
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View PostVava_das_SPGs, on Oct 03 2019 - 07:36, said:

Abstract: "battles without arty are easier, and I want this game to be easy."

 

Not taking anything away from OP's achievement because its fun to see players enjoying the game and making achievements, BUT I saw this the same way as you with regards to that statement.  Being able to sit out in the open, to nearly echo the OP in the middle of his statement, without regard to use of cover & concealment is the way to play the game?  Ooooookay.  To each their own and more power to each that plays that way successfully, but it does seem to counter the reasons to use camo, put a tank in a hull down position, etc.

View PostCarde, on Oct 03 2019 - 07:38, said:

Funny, because I get arty focused in the t55 and the 260 and chieftain so much i want to quit the game.  Occurred to me after getting the rope and stool ready one night of instant orbital strikes that those degenerates are focusing the reward tanks because they are jealous and will never get them.  I mean..they wont even get to buy them for bonds..but 3 salty arties per side always ready to take their badness out on someone.  Nice to see you get a cracker of a match when those turds are slithering under someone elses rock,  though.

 

You insinuate that you know the minds of the opposing SPG players.  Unless you have them in direct communication though, you do not.  You can only assume that they are salty when more likely, they see you on the battlefield and recognize you as a strong threat because of position, play, and/or vulnerability and deal accordingly.  By the tone of your post, if anyone is being salty, with the name calling and clear derision for SPGs, it most certainly is you.  ;)

 

As a player who has played a fair share of SPGs, I only target specific tanks when I've not destroyed one before and desire to add it to my Tank Master tally.  Otherwise, I target in ways I figure can best help the team, be it by stun, damage dealt, or trying to remove a counterpart from the battle.  I could care less if you have a tank that I don't.  If I wanted it badly enough, I would pursue a way to obtain one.  Otherwise, as far as this player goes, I have nearly 200 tanks in the garage and don't covet any others as I've far too many to play already.



WhineMaker #8 Posted Oct 03 2019 - 17:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 38605 battles
  • 6,485
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

View PostCarde, on Oct 03 2019 - 07:38, said:

Funny, because I get arty focused in the t55 and the 260 and chieftain so much i want to quit the game.  Occurred to me after getting the rope and stool ready one night of instant orbital strikes that those degenerates are focusing the reward tanks because they are jealous and will never get them.  I mean..they wont even get to buy them for bonds..but 3 salty arties per side always ready to take their badness out on someone.  Nice to see you get a cracker of a match when those turds are slithering under someone elses rock,  though.
 
 
 

 

Must be so terrible to be so easily triggered by a video game... :child:

 

I guess it's time to queue up my arty and focus on the tanks I'll never get. Thanks for the suggestion... :great:

 

 

 

Oh wait, I could care less if I get another pixel tank that I will never play in my garage... :facepalm:



HTTR4Life #9 Posted Oct 03 2019 - 17:46

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 35354 battles
  • 223
  • [FMBB] FMBB
  • Member since:
    09-22-2013

Grats Warchild, great acheivement!!

 



GeorgePreddy #10 Posted Oct 03 2019 - 17:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 14680 battles
  • 13,668
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013

View PostVava_das_SPGs, on Oct 03 2019 - 12:36, said:

Abstract: "battles without arty are  easier  more funnerer, and I want this game to be  easy  funnerer."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



MudShark92553 #11 Posted Oct 03 2019 - 18:17

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 9455 battles
  • 176
  • Member since:
    01-15-2019
I love to play arty. I love when dumb-dumbs sit in the open in their heavy tanks. Arty is like a goaltender we see the whole game unfold. I never drown myself always die with my boots on. I don't use xvm.! 

Groogrux_Lite #12 Posted Oct 03 2019 - 18:19

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 29207 battles
  • 77
  • Member since:
    01-30-2012
You hit the nail on the head sir.  All games with arty are less fun cause everyone just wants to "sit out in the open" and farm without worry of recourse.

__WarChild__ #13 Posted Oct 03 2019 - 19:43

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 33422 battles
  • 6,082
  • [OPIC] OPIC
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

You know it's not really "out in the open" - it's just behind cover without the need for a building or rock to hide behind.  Their team didn't have to deal with arty either so "easier" isn't exactly true - it's more along the lines of what George said, "funner" without arty.  I prefer to play heavy tanks.  If I'm on Westfield and I'm trying to deal with tanks at the top of the hill and coming to my side, there's nothing worse than in the middle of all that - BOOM - you just got hit by arty for 500 dmg, and all your stuff is useless for 10 seconds.  A good percentage of you won't know or understand what I'm talking about, but for the special few of us - we know.

 

This isn't an arty complaint because I don't do those anymore. People who watch my streams know how I feel about artillery and those that play it and why it's still in the game.  I don't want to take away from those folks, but I certainly don't mind not having to deal with them when I'm trying to do my thing.  (feel the same what about wheelies too, but for different reasons)

 

Thank you all for the kind words.  Please be nice to each other.  There's no whining here, but stating some facts about MY PERSPECTIVE and my pride over this particular game.  Good times.

 

:great:

 



Altwar #14 Posted Oct 03 2019 - 20:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 58567 battles
  • 5,346
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View Post__WarChild__, on Oct 03 2019 - 10:43, said:

This isn't an arty complaint because I don't do those anymore. People who watch my streams know how I feel about artillery and those that play it and why it's still in the game.  I don't want to take away from those folks, but I certainly don't mind not having to deal with them when I'm trying to do my thing.  (feel the same what about wheelies too, but for different reasons)

 

Thank you all for the kind words.  Please be nice to each other.  There's no whining here, but stating some facts about MY PERSPECTIVE and my pride over this particular game.  Good times.

 

:great:

 

A +1 because of your demeanor in this posting.  Taking opposite view points on a topic doesn't mean a discussion has to get insulting/nasty/personal.

 

But now to point this out:  a "good percentage of you won't know or understand what I am talking about,  but for the special few of us, we know" smacks of elitism and assumption that among other things, that you know and are aware of what a typical player experiences because of?

 

Well anyway, to point at the SPG experience as relates to me, a very mediocre player, I don't normally receive "undue" or focused attention.  Unless I mistaken maintain a position or direction that begs for it.  But....whenever I bring out my Pz IV Hydrostat, man does it ever get focused!  Enough so that I've been purposefully getting spotted early which brings that attention to me and away from whatever push my team is forming.  I find it hilarious beause the Hydro is nothing special as a tank, but if I can keep the enemy SPGs busy chasing me, it gives my team a better chance for a good outcome.



TheManFromKekistan #15 Posted Oct 04 2019 - 07:54

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 28 battles
  • 3,134
  • Member since:
    02-03-2017
As an arty player I would accept longer queue times for more arty free matches when I don't play arty just like arty has to wait longer for a match due to the three per side rule. Maybe make it an option like for encounter battles and such.

Altwar #16 Posted Oct 04 2019 - 13:49

    Major

  • Players
  • 58567 battles
  • 5,346
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on Oct 03 2019 - 22:54, said:

As an arty player I would accept longer queue times for more arty free matches when I don't play arty just like arty has to wait longer for a match due to the three per side rule. Maybe make it an option like for encounter battles and such.

 

You've 28 battles under this account, none of which are SPGs.  Kind of makes your statement null and void don't you think?

And no option for SPG less battles.  World of Tanks is a game where you can select from over 600 war machines of the mid 20th century (per their web site) to play.  

SPGs are amongst them.

 

If you want an option to play with no SPG.......c'mon gang, say it with me....  Choose the World Of Tanks Blitz option.



tod914 #17 Posted Oct 04 2019 - 14:14

    Major

  • Players
  • 64916 battles
  • 6,808
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013
They now have map exclusion.  Which the player base likes.  How about an arty exclusion mode?  Wouldn't that be nice.

TheManFromKekistan #18 Posted Oct 04 2019 - 23:04

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 28 battles
  • 3,134
  • Member since:
    02-03-2017

View PostAltwar, on Oct 04 2019 - 07:49, said:

 

You've 28 battles under this account, none of which are SPGs.  Kind of makes your statement null and void don't you think?

And no option for SPG less battles.  World of Tanks is a game where you can select from over 600 war machines of the mid 20th century (per their web site) to play.  

SPGs are amongst them.

 

If you want an option to play with no SPG.......c'mon gang, say it with me....  Choose the World Of Tanks Blitz option.

 

Are you really that dense.. :amazed:

 

As to spg wg devs admitted long ago it was a mistake to put them in but its far too late to remove them so over the years they have nerfed them over and over till they are in their current form.



Altwar #19 Posted Oct 05 2019 - 01:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 58567 battles
  • 5,346
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on Oct 04 2019 - 14:04, said:

Are you really that dense.. :amazed:

 

As to spg wg devs admitted long ago it was a mistake to put them in but its far too late to remove them so over the years they have nerfed them over and over till they are in their current form.

 

 Facts are facts.and when you call yourself an arty player yet have no such vehicle on your account record, your statement becomes invalid. 

 

Your statement with regards to SPGs and WG devs is irrelevant.  World of Tanks once had a stance where wheeled vehicles would not be involved in the game.  If I remember correctly, the game was to remain a tracked vehicle based game.   And now clearly it's not.  A mistake as well?   Doesn't matter as they are here now.   

 

View Posttod914, on Oct 04 2019 - 05:14, said:

They now have map exclusion.  Which the player base likes.  How about an arty exclusion mode?  Wouldn't that be nice.

 

 Meanwhile, the SPG exclusion option (otherwise known as the "make it easier for me to play" option) remains open to those who'd rather not engage the Z axis when playing.  And to reduce the discomfort even more, because I'm sure some of you really like the easy way, here is a direct link to the vehicles involved  https://wotblitz.com/en/encyclopedia/vehicles/usa/.   You can now see for yourself, rather than just believe things because someone typed an opinion and called it fact, that there are no SPGs there.  You are soooooo welcome!  :D







Also tagged with T55A

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users