This post needs to be locked. Nothing but pointless arguments in the past few pages

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

_Kradok_ #41 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 15:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 33379 battles
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI

Placid, let's just sum it up this way.... you'll always whine about arty and I'll always laugh AT you for doing so.  

You say it's broken, I disagree.  

You say it needs 'fixing', I say it's been 'fixed' so much the stun mechanic was introduced.  I didn't ask for it, but I dealt with it.

You say whatever the **** you want to say and I'll still laugh at you and play arty.  Hell, I've got almost twice as many games just IN arty than you do total...  :playing:

So, I'll still be here - clicking differently than you click but still within the rules while you continue to whine about something that's been around almost ten years...  Holy crap you sound even more pathetic the more I write... LOLOL... I'll stop and just play the leFH now.

the_dude_76 #42 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 17:53

Major

• Players
  • 34314 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postplacidblue, on Oct 08 2019 - 08:10, said:

uhh if you don't care about game mechanics then you need to leave the thread about a game mechanic on the forum about feedback for game mechanics and not be commenting on game mechanics in the first place

and for this to be a debate you need to have an argument, and you don't have one

i have points, you have the ability to call my points bs, and that's all you have

ROTFLMAO!!! This isn't a thread about "game mechanics", it's just another sob fest crying about arty. Just another player who can't deal with arty so they want it nerfed into nothingness.  As I've already said, if you want an actual debate don't start out by spewing nonsense and gibberish.

Block Quote

people have been complaining about arty and making valid points against it as long as it has existed in the game

So what?? You act like MOST people have been complaining when the reality is that it's just tiny minority. Why on Earth should they change the game just because a tiny fraction of the player base has been crying about it forever?? Most people don't care about arty making it entirely unnecessary to change them at all. I'm sorry that you seem unable to grasp the reality that very few people seem to share your opinion...

Block Quote

arty has always been a broken mechanic and has never been a reasonable part of this game

Do you honestly have no idea what the term "personal opinion" means??? Because most players obviously don't share yours. Most people quit playing a game when they decide that, to them, it is "broken".

placidblue #43 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 15:00

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13841 battles
  • [MIXUP] MIXUP

View Post_Kradok_, on Oct 08 2019 - 06:51, said:

Placid, let's just sum it up this way.... you'll always whine about arty and I'll always laugh AT you for doing so.  

You say it's broken, I disagree.  

You say it needs 'fixing', I say it's been 'fixed' so much the stun mechanic was introduced.  I didn't ask for it, but I dealt with it.

You say whatever the **** you want to say and I'll still laugh at you and play arty.  Hell, I've got almost twice as many games just IN arty than you do total...  :playing:

So, I'll still be here - clicking differently than you click but still within the rules while you continue to whine about something that's been around almost ten years...  Holy crap you sound even more pathetic the more I write... LOLOL... I'll stop and just play the leFH now.

keep on laughing if you want, ignorance is bliss

if you'd like to actually contribute to this i'd go back and read things i've posted and give me actual responses to them

View Postthe_dude_76, on Oct 08 2019 - 08:53, said:

ROTFLMAO!!! This isn't a thread about "game mechanics", it's just another sob fest crying about arty. Just another player who can't deal with arty so they want it nerfed into nothingness.  As I've already said, if you want an actual debate don't start out by spewing nonsense and gibberish.

So what?? You act like MOST people have been complaining when the reality is that it's just tiny minority. Why on Earth should they change the game just because a tiny fraction of the player base has been crying about it forever?? Most people don't care about arty making it entirely unnecessary to change them at all. I'm sorry that you seem unable to grasp the reality that very few people seem to share your opinion...

Do you honestly have no idea what the term "personal opinion" means??? Because most players obviously don't share yours. Most people quit playing a game when they decide that, to them, it is "broken".

i guess if you have your blinders on everything really WOULD look like "nonsense and gibberish"

you're just insulting yourself

like the other 3 people who keep replying, you clearly just don't read or comprehend anything that isn't direct praise for arty

and idk how you come to that conclusion that it's a minority, because on both threads the majority of people i've been replying to are just you same 4 morons, and the ones that aren't are people who barely even know how the game works

meanwhile there have been several other anti-arty replies that i guess you just ignored or something??

you don't know what most players think, and the reality of that doesn't change just because you say so

i see WAY more people saying how bad arty is for the game and giving valid reasons for it, and i know YOU never see that because you do the exact same idiotic thing you do here and block it out and call anyone who goes against your opinion a whiner

and AGAIN, NONE of you have given me any valid points as to why arty's good for the game

what you HAVE done is call me a whiner and say "arty's been here longer than you so it's perfect" and "lul ur the only one who hates arty" which is completely false regardless of how true you think it is

so if you want, i'll post my reasons for why arty's bad once again and then you can directly reply to them if you actually want to contribute

_Kradok_ #44 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 15:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 33379 battles
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI
Irony:  Being too stupid to realize you're stupid.

CanadianPuppy #45 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 15:45

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 414 battles

View Postplacidblue, on Oct 04 2019 - 16:55, said:

i wouldn't have to worry about some 10 year old 40 miles away deleting my hp and gimping my crew with impunity, i could actually attempt to use my armor

and people who use arty as a crutch would have to learn how actual tank game mechanics work

edit: also, back when gold ammo was gold ammo and not everyone could just print it by the buttload, i could  actually angle against some arty ap at the VERY least and occasionally block he shells when they hit my gun or tracks

now i get stunned if they so much as land in the same zip code, it's completely ridiculous and i STILL get 900+ dmg shots when i'm in tanks with less than 100mm of roof armor

if you need magic stuns spells in a tank game and 700+ alpha and the ability to sit comatose 10 miles away while you dish it out to even be a functional team member, then maybe you're the problem

Even the T92 HMC does not do 900+ damage on a direct hit (unless it pens). Stun distance was decreased. Damage was decreased.

You might as well be using a Styrofoam to shield from a cruise missile with 100mm of armour vs a 240mm gun.

or <100mm vs a 203mm gun. Hmm....

Edited by CanadianPuppy, Oct 09 2019 - 15:49.

the_dude_76 #46 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 02:24

Major

• Players
  • 34314 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postplacidblue, on Oct 09 2019 - 08:00, said:

and AGAIN, NONE of you have given me any valid points as to why arty's good for the game

We don't have to genius. You're the one arguing that the game should be changed so you're the one who has to prove that the game would be better without it. The thing that you can't grasp is that everyone has a different opinion. Some people love everything about arty and what it adds to the game. When you can explain why your opinion is more important and valid than theirs you'll have a legitimate complaint. But since you obviously can't do that you obviously don't .

I don't really care much for playing arty but it doesn't bother me to oppose it either. It was a part of the game when I started and it will be a part of the game when I'm done. Sorry that you have trouble accepting that and sorry that there aren't any other games, out of the 10's of thousands available, that you'd enjoy 

Block Quote

i see WAY more people saying how bad arty is for the game and giving valid reasons for it

You see a tiny, tiny fraction of the player base complaining and, for whatever reason, refuse to accept that the VAST majority say nothing at all...

leeuniverse #47 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 21:23

Major

• Players
  • 39908 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostMickey_Mouse94, on Oct 03 2019 - 10:21, said:

Remove stun from Arty and return AP rounds at 1/3 the damage

I think the below things are the ONLY solution to make Arty both enjoyable to play, and tolerable to Tankers.

The incompetence of Wargaming removing High Damage (though not against low armored tanks) and replacing it with Stun, clearly doesn't work.

Their "nerfing" tanks, clearly doesn't work... etc. etc.  Their "half-****'d" measures don't fix the problems we have, save rarely like they finally removed Team Damage, though even half-***'d that by keeping stun against team-mates by friendly arty.

Thus, below are the true solutions to finally fix the problem...

1. Triple HP of Tanks...  This does 2 things: One allows the Tanker to play the game some before dying, especially if focus fired by Arty.

Two extends the game length which then allows the Arty player to get some damage in, whereas currently MANY games are over too quickly before the Arty player can do anything thus it ends up being a wasted game.

2. Remove Stun...  This improves the tanker experience, removing the frustration that stun often causes such as the Tanker to be killed when they wouldn't have had they not been completely disabled by stun.

Wargaming, we KNOW this was a big **** you to us that we wanted Arty to do less damage, so you thought of another way you can **** with us.

BTW, if you really have to have stun on Arty, Wargaming you should make it the rate the "lower tiers" have it.  It is WAY too long at high tiers.

3. One Arty per side... Two might be fine with the HP increase, and we especially don't want to wait forever to get an arty game.  But 3 Arty is simply too much.  Lowering the # of arty allows tankers to have a better experience, and also allows arty players to have more food to eat, instead of all taken up by other arty players.  Yes, this will cause arty to be in every game, which is a concern of Wargaming, however, with my other improvements arty won't be as much an "issue" having them in every game.

4. Arty Rounds do Max 300 Damage to ANY Tank...  While arty generally does 300-400'ish damage to more armored tanks etc., Arty is STILL able to derp to **** non-armored tanks.  That's just unreasonable.  Again, this further improves the Tanker experience.

5. Properly Accurate like other derp guns...  This improves the arty play experience, makes it more representative of your actual skill, rather than RNG.

6. Improve Arty Speeds...  This allows arty to defend themselves properly, to escape, etc.  In other words, many more being similar to the old FV304 in speeds and others simply improved greatly.

7. Sniper Mode for Arty...  This allows arty to defend themselves better.

8. Arty gets 2-3 High Damage Rounds (like 900 Damage)...  That can only be used in Sniper Mode and switched to immediately.  This is so they can defend themselves some, and to go TD mode to potentially help save a battle.

9. Tankers get an "Arty Shot Indicator"...  To help avoid arty shots when an arty shot is coming for them.

10. All Tanks of the game Sped up more...  Especially in Power/Acceleration to try and avoid Arty shots.

11. Normalize HE more...  No more "no damage" shots (aka bouncing) or low damage shots, for example, 15 damage when hit.  This allows Arty shots to be more viable/reliable.

So...  Specific to improving the game experience in relation to Arty for BOTH players and tankers, this is I think everything that needs to be done.

May have forgotten something, and also these are part of a more detailed improvement of the game that will improve other things, and some other things that I would also do, but this is the ONLY way to make Arty enjoyable to play and not as much of a frustration to play against for Tankers.

I further KNOW this is true because Armored Warfare did just a few of these and Arty was SO enjoyable to play and not as frustrating to play against for the vast majority of players, unlike WOT's Arty.

Yes, it still had some issues, which my other solutions here WILL in fact fix, which are ones Armored Warfare didn't do, instead choosing to remove Arty from Randoms, which was a huge mistake.

leeuniverse #48 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 21:27

Major

• Players
  • 39908 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View Postthe_dude_76, on Oct 09 2019 - 18:24, said:

You see a tiny, tiny fraction of the player base complaining and, for whatever reason, refuse to accept that the VAST majority say nothing at all...

The vast majority don't comment on the forums period...  But they most certainly have opinions, and certainly most don't like Arty as it is playing or playing against.

What they generally is just say to themselves, this game sucks, and leave.

_Kradok_ #49 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 23:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 33379 battles
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI

View Postleeuniverse, on Oct 10 2019 - 15:27, said:

The vast majority don't comment on the forums period...  But they most certainly have opinions, and certainly most don't like Arty as it is playing or playing against.

If they say the game sucks then leave, and do so 'to themselves'... then YOU are SPECULATING as to WHY they're leaving and OPINING that's it's arty. 

Don't invent data to support your myopic position.  That's not how common sense debating works.

CowgoesMOO_ #50 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 00:56

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 721 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on Oct 10 2019 - 21:27, said:

You really don't  need to put your stupidity on display everyday.....why don't  you be like the majority of those players and not comment on the forums.

leeuniverse #51 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 04:42

Major

• Players
  • 39908 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View Post_Kradok_, on Oct 10 2019 - 15:42, said:

If they say the game sucks then leave, and do so 'to themselves'... then YOU are SPECULATING as to WHY they're leaving and OPINING that's it's arty. 

Don't invent data to support your myopic position.  That's not how common sense debating works.

People often say why they are leaving or dislike the game, the Wargaming Forums aren't the "only" places people do so.

- In battle

- While Platooning

- In game Chat

- Other Forums etc.

Sorry, I don't "speculate" about anything in life or I'm involved with.

I judge 100% by facts, evidence, and experience.

I've been "debating" for around 30 years, like I just did here, debunking your false claim that I "couldn't know what people are thinking if they aren't posting on the forums".

Thus, I demonstrate how that is a false view, that the forums are NOT the "only" way people talk about this game.

BTW, if my views were "myopic", I wouldn't provide solutions to ALL the problems people have with this game, some of which I don't have, such as with Wheeled Vehicles.

But I know what would fix them without nerfing them.  See, because unlike you, I don't have a "myopic" view of things, because I just showed that it's YOU who do, by being completely ignorant of the other way people talk about this game that's not "just" on these forums.  (btw, you I'm sure weren't ignorant of these other ways, because you like to abuse others in your hate, you didn't bother to think, but to instead judge me, to degrade me.  Hate tends to cloud mans judgement, allowing them to say things they know aren't true, and then they double down, like you did below, resorting to a personal attack instead of debunking anything I've said, because you know you lost, and you don't have the character to admit it.)

LOL please...  You don't know real debate, especially to win with the truth, and I just proved it.

View PostCowgoesMOO_, on Oct 10 2019 - 16:56, said:

You really don't  need to put your stupidity on display everyday.....why don't  you be like the majority of those players and not comment on the forums.

And this is a classic example of a person engaging in a classic personal attack, when they have no argument, instead of providing facts that debunk anything I say.

Which guess what, pretty much NEVER occurs.  Because I debunk every argument against me, due to I actually think about what I say before opening my mouth.

Yes, not that I'm not human and don't error, I have like 2 times on this forum.  But I've admitted my error and immediately corrected it, like when I broke my rule judging the LT-432 before playing it enough to judge it properly before opening my mouth.  But NONE of you correct yourselves, EVER.

_Kradok_ #52 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 04:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 33379 battles
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI

View Postleeuniverse, on Oct 10 2019 - 22:42, said:

People often say why they are leaving or dislike the game, the Wargaming Forums aren't the "only" places people do so.

- In battle

- While Platooning

- In game Chat

- Other Forums etc.

I've been "debating" for around 30 years, like I just did here, debunking your false claim that I "couldn't know what people are thinking if they aren't posting on the forums".

Thus, I demonstrate how that is a false view, that the forums are NOT the "only" way people talk about this game.

BTW, if my views were "myopic", I wouldn't provide solutions to ALL the problems people have with this game, some of which I don't have, such as with Wheeled Vehicles.

But I know what would fix them without nerfing them.  See, because unlike you, I don't have a "myopic" view of things, because I just showed that it's YOU who do, by being completely ignorant of the other way people talk about this game that's not "just" on these forums.

LOL please...  You don't know real debate, especially to win with the truth, and I just proved it.

You're conflating fact with opinion and owning it.  You're an idiot.

Peace.

wow....

leeuniverse #53 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 04:51

Major

• Players
  • 39908 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View Post_Kradok_, on Oct 10 2019 - 20:49, said:

You're conflating fact with opinion and owning it.  You're an idiot.

Peace.

wow....

And again, another personal attack rather than actual debate, debunking anything I've said with the truth, facts, and common sense.

BTW, I've added some info to my post...

Honestly, you should say "wow" about yourself and reflect on who's the actual *****.

the_dude_76 #54 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 05:14

Major

• Players
  • 34314 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postleeuniverse, on Oct 10 2019 - 14:27, said:

The vast majority don't comment on the forums period...  

Right, the vast majority don't complain in-game either. Because the vast majority find nothing to complain about. Because the vast majority of people don't bother playing games that cause them angst...

Block Quote

?? And?? Did you forget to make your point?? I've said this dozens of times when I try a game that I decide is not for me. Surely you understand that this game will not appeal to everyone??

Block Quote

and certainly most don't like Arty 

This is your opinion and you've presented nothing to back it up. 

Block Quote

Oh really??? Then where are they?? Facts and evidence can be shared, so please do so. If your claims can't be independently verified then they obviously can't be considered "facts" or "evidence". Seems like you should know this given your 30 years of debate experience...

_Kradok_ #55 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 11:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 33379 battles
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI

View Postleeuniverse, on Oct 10 2019 - 22:51, said:

And again, another personal attack rather than actual debate, debunking anything I've said with the truth, facts, and common sense.

BTW, I've added some info to my post...

Honestly, you should say "wow" about yourself and reflect on who's the actual *****.

:facepalm:

You lack BASIC English comprehension.  When YOU say "The vast majority don't comment on the forums period..." this is a fact.  This is proven by the count of posters vice the count of players online.  Are you clear on this?  The FACT I'm having to explain this and walk you through it like a damn 13yo is rather alarming...but I'll press on... 

Now then, you THEN say " But they most certainly have opinions, and certainly most don't like Arty as it is playing or playing against."  THIS is SPECULATION.  THIS is NOT a tangible number, nor can you use it to garner ANY credibility for your position.  If you cannot comprehend THAT... then English might be a second language, or... you might be an idiot. That's not an insult either.... Hell, the truth is an absolute defense. 

Then you said "What they generally [do] is just say to themselves, this game sucks, and leave.".....This is also speculation.  But, for the sake of S&G's, let's use your opined position...  these 'vast majority that don't comment" also don't send YOU personal messages stating WHY they are quitting, so past your own surmised HYPERBOLE you have nothing of substance.

I don't believe for a second you've been debating for 30 years.  If anything you've been attempting to debate and you get knocked down rather easily, or your counterparts are VERY lacking in cognitive skillset...   Your argument is based on intangible supposition rather than fact.  Seriously...  If you don't 'get it' I don't know what to tell you.  LEARNING the nuances of the language with which you're attempting to communicate is considered important for most.  You aren't the exception.

K

(BTW - for your future reference concerning other topics you may encounter:  Wikipedia isn't a viable source either... )

CowgoesMOO_ #56 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 14:45

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 721 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on Oct 11 2019 - 04:42, said:

- In battle

- While Platooning

- In game Chat

- Other Forums etc.

But I know what would fix them without nerfing them.  See, because unlike you, I don't have a "myopic" view of things, because I just showed that it's YOU who do, by being completely ignorant of the other way people talk about this game that's not "just" on these forums.  (btw, you I'm sure weren't ignorant of these other ways, because you like to abuse others in your hate, you didn't bother to think, but to instead judge me, to degrade me.  Hate tends to cloud mans judgement, allowing them to say things they know aren't true, and then they double down, like you did below, resorting to a personal attack instead of debunking anything I've said, because you know you lost, and you don't have the character to admit it.)

And this is a classic example of a person engaging in a classic personal attack, when they have no argument, instead of providing facts that debunk anything I say.

Which guess what, pretty much NEVER occurs.  Because I debunk every argument against me, due to I actually think about what I say before opening my mouth.

Yes, not that I'm not human and don't error, I have like 2 times on this forum.  But I've admitted my error and immediately corrected it, like when I broke my rule judging the LT-432 before playing it enough to judge it properly before opening my mouth.  But NONE of you correct yourselves, EVER.

Everything you say is wrong. Period. You are either mentally handicapped or just flat out a narcissistic moron. 

Also debating the voices in your head may count as having debated for 30 years...but not in a good way.

Edited by CowgoesMOO_, Oct 11 2019 - 14:46.

SquishySupreme #57 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 22:54

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3672 battles
I suggested this a year ago.  Crickets.  6 months ago.  Crickets.  

The solution to arty is to remove all stun and make them effectively long-range TDs.  With appropriate damage.  If you hit, you do a guaranteed 400 damage or so at T10, same as a typical TD.  Splashes mostly set stuff on fire and damage tracks, same as HE.(no real change except lowering damage a bit).

A miss with the AP shell does NOTHING.  Take your chances - far less damage with HE but splash or 400 or so guaranteed damage if you get a solid hit and pen them. ( shotgun mode to a Maus' front plate is going to bounce - duh )

alphadogg64 #58 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 00:30

Captain

• Players
  • 1163 battles

View Postthe_dude_76, on Oct 07 2019 - 14:41, said:

I wasn't trying to disprove what you said genius. What was there to disprove?? Sure you can make more interesting plays without arty, WT F does that have to do with how difficult the game is with or without it?? More interesting and fun?? Ok, for some it certainly would be, but again, your claim didn't in any way address the difficulty or ease of the game. Did you lose track of what we were discussing??

The game is easier to play with arty gone, do you really need me to explain how and why?? Because if you do you're obviously not going to grasp it anyway. I mean you've already admitted that with arty in the game all you can do is cower behind buildings. Surely you've got enough brain power to grasp how much easier the game would be for you if you didn't have to sit behind buildings and rocks wondering what to do for 10 minutes...

Arty players dude. Arty doesn't add difficulty. It adds randomness. You either get hit by it, or you don't. Grow a brain.

CowgoesMOO_ #59 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 03:26

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 721 battles

View Postalphadogg64, on Oct 12 2019 - 00:30, said:

Arty players dude. Arty doesn't add difficulty. It adds randomness. You either get hit by it, or you don't. Grow a brain.

Are all your posts as much of a wreck as Anthoine Hubert or are you just trying to out do him?

Or do you just post so much garbage so you can be similar to CKY?

Edited by CowgoesMOO_, Oct 12 2019 - 03:27.

the_dude_76 #60 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 03:44

Major

• Players
  • 34314 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postalphadogg64, on Oct 11 2019 - 17:30, said:

I understand that it adds no difficultly for you, you've already admitted that all you can do is cower behind buildings when it's present.

But most of us stay active regardless and thus have to be aware that we could be targeted anytime we're spotted. You rarely get hit if you're smart enough to stay mobile and arty safe. It's only "hit or miss" for players who haven't yet, or just can't, figure out how to do that...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users