MM seems to have gotten worst

matchmaking

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Medivhal #1 Posted Oct 04 2019 - 00:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2928 battles

I love this game but in my opinion the MM is the biggest steaming pile of poo this side of  ET on  Atari.   I used to play everyday but I am slowly and steadily playing less and less and this is the reason why:  Its not fun.

Games lately have been utter white washes full of bots and muppets and if your lucky MM sees fit to  put on the team full of blues that actually know how to look at a map (or better yet actual people).   

jst2gr8 #2 Posted Oct 04 2019 - 00:52

Captain

• Players
  • 65482 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostMedivhal, on Oct 03 2019 - 16:39, said:

I love this game but in my opinion the MM is the biggest steaming pile of poo this side of  ET on  Atari.   I used to play everyday but I am slowly and steadily playing less and less and this is the reason why:  Its not fun.

Games lately have been utter white washes full of bots and muppets and if your lucky MM sees fit to  put on the team full of blues that actually know how to look at a map (or better yet actual people).   

That depends, what tier do you play? I personally think it is way better than before. I'm getting about 60% of same tier games. Very rarely and I bottom tier. And truthfully, I don't mind being bottom tier. 

RIA1911 #3 Posted Oct 04 2019 - 01:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6469 battles

It's not the MM , it's only doing what it can with the player base. Just not enough players.  The MM we have now is better than that 3/5/7 we had for a while.

The US server has never really had the player base to make WG's MM do it's best job, it was working best when the server had over 25k on at times. And we don't have that now, it's all hit and miss just depending on what the players that are on are playing, what tier and type of tank.

bad_73 #4 Posted Oct 04 2019 - 01:29

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1533 battles

View PostMedivhal, on Oct 04 2019 - 00:39, said:

Ya and people with the peek cheat and reload cheat among others,its pretty messed up....a curse on wg and their free development door that lets people cheat.

Whane #5 Posted Oct 04 2019 - 01:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 7589 battles

It's always been like this, since launch. With every update, there is just another reason why MM does not work well. The explanations have changed over the years, but the results are the same. Some updates have been better than others, but it's all still "poo" of varying degrees, colors, and shapes. Worst part for me is when I can't even pen a tank, regardless of angle and ammo, that's just RNG crapping all over you when MM puts you in that specific match, and RNG is the culprit when it comes to MM too. And this is why you don't see WOT in official video game tournaments outside of WG - why WG has to hold their own, because the RNG factor involved with WOT invalidates it from more legitimate competitions.

But this is all by design, designed to get you to buy premium tanks, and to go premium of course so that you can afford to buy APCR. And even then, you will still get constant in game spam, masquerading as "Combat Intelligence", because you have not paid enough, and WG wants to bleed you dry for every possible dime it can get from you. And none of this has changed, it has been like this since the beginning.

Ortinoth_ #6 Posted Oct 04 2019 - 01:50

Captain

• Players
  • 27236 battles
  • [SEGA] SEGA

View Postbad_73, on Oct 03 2019 - 17:29, said:

Ya and people with the peek cheat and reload cheat among others,its pretty messed up....a curse on wg and their free development door that lets people cheat.

Very little players use cheats so please go back and relearn the actual mechanics of the game once you understand the fundamentals fo the game then perhaps you will stop saying everyone uses hacks and cheats. in the last ban wave less then 1% of 20,000 players actually was banned from the game --- 212 accounts were banned from the server https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/fair-play-february-2019/  which by this number is 0.01% of the entire playerbase ... so please support your claim with actual facts and proof before claiming something that isn't true

Whane #7 Posted Oct 04 2019 - 02:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 7589 battles

View Postbad_73, on Oct 04 2019 - 01:29, said:

Make sure you have the option to record battles enabled in settings. Then anytime you think someone cheated, go back and watch the replay. Not only will you see that very few people cheat, but you will learn a few tricks about where people like to position their tanks. And if you do actually catch a cheater doing this (I never have) then submit the replay to WG through the report a player function. But be less anxious to just pull out the "cheats" accusation because that hurts an already damaged player base and toxicity is already high enough as it is. I've been accused of cheating myself which is hilarious because I'm barely average.

NeroGermanicus #8 Posted Oct 04 2019 - 02:44

Captain

• -Players-
  • 53442 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View PostOrtinoth_, on Oct 03 2019 - 18:50, said:

Very little players use cheats so please go back and relearn the actual mechanics of the game once you understand the fundamentals fo the game then perhaps you will stop saying everyone uses hacks and cheats. in the last ban wave less then 1% of 20,000 players actually was banned from the game --- 212 accounts were banned from the server https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/fair-play-february-2019/  which by this number is 0.01% of the entire playerbase ... so please support your claim with actual facts and proof before claiming something that isn't true

Do keep in mind those that were banned were using cheats after they were told 1-2 times to stop it. So theoretically there could be hundreds that after one warning stopped using cheats.

VooDooKobra #9 Posted Oct 04 2019 - 04:02

Major

• Players
  • 10039 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostWhane, on Oct 03 2019 - 17:39, said:

It's always been like this, since launch. With every update, there is just another reason why MM does not work well. The explanations have changed over the years, but the results are the same. Some updates have been better than others, but it's all still "poo" of varying degrees, colors, and shapes. Worst part for me is when I can't even pen a tank, regardless of angle and ammo, that's just RNG crapping all over you when MM puts you in that specific match, and RNG is the culprit when it comes to MM too. And this is why you don't see WOT in official video game tournaments outside of WG - why WG has to hold their own, because the RNG factor involved with WOT invalidates it from more legitimate competitions.

But this is all by design, designed to get you to buy premium tanks, and to go premium of course so that you can afford to buy APCR. And even then, you will still get constant in game spam, masquerading as "Combat Intelligence", because you have not paid enough, and WG wants to bleed you dry for every possible dime it can get from you. And none of this has changed, it has been like this since the beginning.

ah yes so every time they balanced the MM it was to make people buy premium tanks?  interesting theory

TornadoADV #10 Posted Oct 04 2019 - 04:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26197 battles
  • [ESC] ESC
MM would be sufferable if the RNG for everything wasn't 25% in both directions. And reverting the "anti-center" dispersion nerf they added a patch or two before 1.0 dropped.

Medivhal #11 Posted Oct 04 2019 - 13:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2928 battles
These are all valid points.

My argument leaves the tier and premium argument aside.   Im not normally a conspiracy guy but the declining NA database has me wondering if wg is inserting bots.  I always report them as bots but its just getting worst.

I do agree the small player base is definitely a contributer to the pile of poo.

I would actually be pro ‘skill’ mm.    2 blues, 6 yellows, 7 reds or something.  I think we would see much funner and equal footing battles

Or perhaps smaller games.  10v 10 might eliminate some of the baddie variance (might not though)

Or just simply comparing personal ratings.  I dunno, just hope it improves but im not holding my breath

jst2gr8 #12 Posted Oct 05 2019 - 01:12

Captain

• Players
  • 65482 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostMedivhal, on Oct 04 2019 - 05:45, said:

These are all valid points.

My argument leaves the tier and premium argument aside. Im not normally a conspiracy guy but the declining NA database has me wondering if wg is inserting bots. I always report them as bots but its just getting worst.

I do agree the small player base is definitely a contributer to the pile of poo.

I would actually be pro ‘skill’ mm. 2 blues, 6 yellows, 7 reds or something. I think we would see much funner and equal footing battles

Or perhaps smaller games. 10v 10 might eliminate some of the baddie variance (might not though)

Or just simply comparing personal ratings. I dunno, just hope it improves but im not holding my breath

The problem with your analogy of how players should be put into a match failed before you even finished the sentence. Same with the "personal rating" thought. Seeing how WG does not have anything to do with win8 seeing how it is a third party that does it. Also, the wait times to get into games would make even more people leave the game. SBMM will never work and also will never be implemented into the game. 

Also tagged with matchmaking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users