Jump to content


Can someone explain this?

Spotting

  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

DeviouslyCursed #21 Posted Oct 05 2019 - 15:41

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 4933 battles
  • 734
  • Member since:
    12-13-2018

View Post__Worm__, on Oct 04 2019 - 19:28, said:

 

Looking at the informative replies offered it looks to be that you were wrong.

 

Seems me and the others weren't looking to troll like you but, help out.

 

good job being "that" guy ... guy.

 

View PostI_QQ_4_U, on Oct 04 2019 - 19:40, said:

 

 

Any answers are just speculation, nobody can give a more valid answer to his question without a replay.

 

View Post__Worm__, on Oct 04 2019 - 23:45, said:

 

IDK

question seemed pretty self explanatory ...

 

everyone else got it

 

there are times a reply could be helpful though, don't get me wrong, just not in this instance.

 

View PostI_QQ_4_U, on Oct 04 2019 - 23:52, said:

 

If you want a guess then yeah, no replay needed, if you want an explanation then a replay is needed.

 

My guess was that the OP has no idea how spotting mechanics work and it was simply a tank getting spotted twice. Without a replay that's all we can do, is guess, which is all he got.

 

You will find that many people don't bother with things like "truth" and "reason," and this is an example of it. Some people are throwing out random possibilities, and the OP has accepted one and that's good enough for him apparently. Notice, the OP and the people pretending to think the mystery solved have zero desire to find out what actually happened. Truth means nothing to them, as long has they have something satisfying (but ultimately meaningless) to hold onto.

 

Sounds a lot like a certain group/membership of people in the real world, but I can't say it without violating ToS.



Kliphie #22 Posted Oct 05 2019 - 15:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 33036 battles
  • 5,620
  • [GFLC] GFLC
  • Member since:
    07-20-2012
Off the top of my head reasons why they might have dropped;  Topography, bushes, buildings, camo net kicked in, player spotting them moved and lost their binocs, they had fired and regained their camo bonus, or player that was spotting them died.  I'm sure there are more but with the paltry information given that's the broadest examples one can give.  

__Worm__ #23 Posted Oct 05 2019 - 19:07

    Major

  • Players
  • 35134 battles
  • 4,753
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011

View PostDeviouslyCursed, on Oct 05 2019 - 07:41, said:

 

 

 

 

You will find that many people don't bother with things like "truth" and "reason," and this is an example of it. Some people are throwing out random possibilities, and the OP has accepted one and that's good enough for him apparently. Notice, the OP and the people pretending to think the mystery solved have zero desire to find out what actually happened. Truth means nothing to them, as long has they have something satisfying (but ultimately meaningless) to hold onto.

 

Sounds a lot like a certain group/membership of people in the real world, but I can't say it without violating ToS.

 

you're freakin wack bro get out more and game less maybe ....



Maniac57c #24 Posted Oct 06 2019 - 03:30

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 1184 battles
  • 135
  • [FUBU] FUBU
  • Member since:
    02-24-2016

View PostI_QQ_4_U, on Oct 04 2019 - 05:48, said:

Most obvious answer without a replay is likely they are getting spotted then going dark and getting spotted again. Just because something is in your view range doesn't mean you will see it.

Okay, but I thought if another green WAS within range he would stay spotted regardless. 

 



Maniac57c #25 Posted Oct 06 2019 - 03:32

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 1184 battles
  • 135
  • [FUBU] FUBU
  • Member since:
    02-24-2016

View PostI_QQ_4_U, on Oct 04 2019 - 19:40, said:

 

 

Any answers are just speculation, nobody can give a more valid answer to his question without a replay.

I'm not looking for a scientific breakdown with graphs and charts, just a general idea of how this stuff works on PC.

I just wanna know if I should rage or not.



Maniac57c #26 Posted Oct 06 2019 - 03:34

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 1184 battles
  • 135
  • [FUBU] FUBU
  • Member since:
    02-24-2016

View PostDeviouslyCursed, on Oct 05 2019 - 15:41, said:

 

 

 

 

You will find that many people don't bother with things like "truth" and "reason," and this is an example of it. Some people are throwing out random possibilities, and the OP has accepted one and that's good enough for him apparently. Notice, the OP and the people pretending to think the mystery solved have zero desire to find out what actually happened. Truth means nothing to them, as long has they have something satisfying (but ultimately meaningless) to hold onto.

 

Sounds a lot like a certain group/membership of people in the real world, but I can't say it without violating ToS.

Well, in my defense I don't need to crap on others in a forum for asking questions about the game mechanics from my golden house on the mountain.

So I have that

 


Edited by Maniac57c, Oct 06 2019 - 03:35.


I_QQ_4_U #27 Posted Oct 06 2019 - 04:11

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 23406 battles
  • 7,317
  • Member since:
    10-17-2016

View PostManiac57c, on Oct 06 2019 - 03:32, said:

I'm not looking for a scientific breakdown with graphs and charts, just a general idea of how this stuff works on PC.

I just wanna know if I should rage or not.

 

 

If you want any kind of credible answer you have to provide a replay which you did, good on you. Those who think that is not necessary to form anything more than a guess with out one are delusional.

 

And no there's no reason to rage about anything in this game.



8_Hussars #28 Posted Oct 06 2019 - 06:12

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 59317 battles
  • 518
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
  • Member since:
    09-17-2013

View PostManiac57c, on Oct 03 2019 - 21:29, said:

Sorry no replays, but I have seen a recurring thing happen when I'm playing arty.

Someone will get spotted by several of my team and be clearly inside the view range of multiple tanks, yet when I aim at it, it vanishes. Only to reappear 5 seconds later when I shift target.

I get that the spotter might move away and lose him, but don't the other greens easily within range keep the red spotted anyway?

It's completely maddening when they poof out of sight right as you get close to firing and I wanna know why.


Maybe review this thread and see the learning value of providing a replay and the absence of the "tinfoil hatted [edited]ter" comments after a review was posted.



DeviouslyCursed #29 Posted Oct 06 2019 - 06:57

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 4933 battles
  • 734
  • Member since:
    12-13-2018

View Post__Worm__, on Oct 05 2019 - 19:07, said:

 

you're freakin wack bro get out more and game less maybe ....

 

Why, so I could be distracted enough not to care about what is true or correct?  Yes, I know. Have fun with your comfortable delusions. I'm sure you have a lot of them.



DeviouslyCursed #30 Posted Oct 06 2019 - 06:59

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 4933 battles
  • 734
  • Member since:
    12-13-2018

View PostManiac57c, on Oct 06 2019 - 03:34, said:

Well, in my defense I don't need to crap on others in a forum for asking questions about the game mechanics from my golden house on the mountain.

So I have that

 

 

If you were expecting a large purple dinosaur to tell you how special you are, you came to the wrong place.



spud_tuber #31 Posted Oct 06 2019 - 17:53

    Major

  • Players
  • 59323 battles
  • 8,843
  • Member since:
    08-26-2013

View PostDeviouslyCursed, on Oct 05 2019 - 23:59, said:

 

If you were expecting a large purple dinosaur to tell you how special you are, you came to the wrong place.

Frankly, I think I would find a large purple dinosaur talking to me very disturbing.   Not sure if the talking or purple part would be more disturbing.   Shouldn't dinosaurs be earthy colors like most modern animals? And maybe not talk?

 

(Don't make me post a YouTube link to that song about big happy families ;)



Maniac57c #32 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 00:07

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 1184 battles
  • 135
  • [FUBU] FUBU
  • Member since:
    02-24-2016

View PostDeviouslyCursed, on Oct 06 2019 - 06:59, said:

 

If you were expecting a large purple dinosaur to tell you how special you are, you came to the wrong place.

Barney is on my kill list.

But thanks for your input.



Maniac57c #33 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 00:12

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 1184 battles
  • 135
  • [FUBU] FUBU
  • Member since:
    02-24-2016

View Post8_Hussars, on Oct 06 2019 - 06:12, said:


Maybe review this thread and see the learning value of providing a replay and the absence of the "tinfoil hatted [edited]ter" comments after a review was posted.

I'm not real computer savvy and it's a bit complicated. Not sure if it's worth all the trouble considering I only play a few matches a day, mostly KV2 and arty. I just don't feel like grinding forever with no premium. I have a console account that is much farther along and the PC crew training grind is just miserable.

The more I play pc the less grinding appeals. Anyway my basic question has been answered,

Thanks to those who helped.



Tao_Te_Tomato #34 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 00:15

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 27827 battles
  • 2,788
  • [TER] TER
  • Member since:
    02-28-2016

View Postspud_tuber, on Oct 06 2019 - 17:53, said:

Frankly, I think I would find a large purple dinosaur talking to me very disturbing.   Not sure if the talking or purple part would be more disturbing.   Shouldn't dinosaurs be earthy colors like most modern animals? And maybe not talk?

 

(Don't make me post a YouTube link to that song about big happy families ;)

 

Modern animals like parrots, coral snakes, and poison frogs?  Tropical fish?  Well-inked hipsters?

 

And speaking of tropical fish, is that YouTube a reference to the Baby Shark song?  Asking for a friend.  :hiding:



spud_tuber #35 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 00:24

    Major

  • Players
  • 59323 battles
  • 8,843
  • Member since:
    08-26-2013

View PostTao_Te_Tomato, on Oct 06 2019 - 17:15, said:

 

Modern animals like parrots, coral snakes, and poison frogs?  Tropical fish?  Well-inked hipsters?

 

And speaking of tropical fish, is that YouTube a reference to the Baby Shark song?  Asking for a friend.  :hiding:

So you're implying that the dinosaur is venomous, poisonous, trying to mimic another dinosaur that is, or is in mating plumage?   I think that confirms that the color is more disturbing.



ThePigSheFlies #36 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 00:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 77167 battles
  • 17,814
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostHeat_Stroke, on Oct 04 2019 - 08:53, said:

It's not you it's the goofy optics in this game. I've never understood how you can see something through a building or hill but can't see someone sitting in bush 10' from you until he fires. Bad game mechanics for how Camo and optics work. Just have to live with it.

 

considering proxy spotting distance is 50m (an order of magnitude larger than 10';) your post clearly explains why you don't understand much about it.

 

while the vision/spotting system is not intuitive to those that play pixel hunting games like pubg, it does actually make sense for those that bother to learn it...



Maniac57c #37 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 00:27

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 1184 battles
  • 135
  • [FUBU] FUBU
  • Member since:
    02-24-2016

It's not the fact that Barney talks, it the secret subliminal messages in his songs telling children to kill kill kill.

The music hides the secret programming.

Duh



Maniac57c #38 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 00:28

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 1184 battles
  • 135
  • [FUBU] FUBU
  • Member since:
    02-24-2016

And consider the fact paleontologists cannot confirm or deny hair or feathers on dinosaurs...

They might have had purple hair

 



Markd73 #39 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 15:50

    Major

  • Players
  • 32795 battles
  • 5,528
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011

View PostDeviouslyCursed, on Oct 05 2019 - 14:41, said:

 

 

 

 

You will find that many people don't bother with things like "truth" and "reason," and this is an example of it. Some people are throwing out random possibilities, and the OP has accepted one and that's good enough for him apparently. Notice, the OP and the people pretending to think the mystery solved have zero desire to find out what actually happened. Truth means nothing to them, as long has they have something satisfying (but ultimately meaningless) to hold onto.

 

Sounds a lot like a certain group/membership of people in the real world, but I can't say it without violating ToS.

 

The term you are looking for is that people are seeking confirmation bias.



FrontenacDuVandoo #40 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 17:02

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 17621 battles
  • 1,101
  • [BBI2] BBI2
  • Member since:
    06-16-2017

View PostManiac57c, on Oct 05 2019 - 21:30, said:

Okay, but I thought if another green WAS within range he would stay spotted regardless. 

 

A tank has different concealment values depending whether it is moving or staying still, and those change after firing.

So a target may get spotted after firing but still go dark after 10 seconds because it goes back to its higher concealment value. There are many other possibilities, but that's a very common one.

 

Check out the video that was posted, it explains how the spotting mechanics is all about View Range vs. Concealment.







Also tagged with Spotting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users