When are we going to get Camo on sale WG?

camo sale discounts

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

_Ayreon_ #1 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 14:13

Captain

• Players
  • 53183 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

HUH, WHEN???

EU gets them every once in a while. EU gets everything basically on 50 days basis and it just keeps on coming and rotating, while we on NA get ratsass!!!

Honestly I can't remember when was the last time we had discounts on exterior elements... I think it was like 6 months ago... ffs

Edited by _Ayreon_, Oct 07 2019 - 14:29.

Insanefriend #2 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 14:20

Captain

• Players
  • 46855 battles
Nah, it was mid summer so like four months ago. Figure we got another on black Friday or some such.

_Ayreon_ #3 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 14:29

Captain

• Players
  • 53183 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

View PostInsanefriend, on Oct 07 2019 - 15:20, said:

Nah, it was mid summer so like four months ago. Figure we got another on black Friday or some such.

I made a lapsus, was meant to type 6 months ago, so I wasn't off by that much. It's still a long time...

__WarChild__ #4 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 14:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 33412 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Camo sales are the rarest of things (I've never seen a discount on switching crew roles, but I've heard they happened at some point in the past).  I would not expect a camo sale anytime soon, if ever again.

FYI - No kidding, this is a Russian company that works on getting the most spend out of Americans that they can.  It is why we have the fewest discounts and the most "sales" than all the other regions.  In theory, we have the most $ per player available.

ThePigSheFlies #5 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 14:38

Major

• Players
  • 77073 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
with the number of extra, movable styles I have, the price of camo doesn't even occur to me as having a need for a discount these days.

_Ayreon_ #6 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 14:46

Captain

• Players
  • 53183 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

View Post__WarChild__, on Oct 07 2019 - 15:29, said:

Camo sales are the rarest of things (I've never seen a discount on switching crew roles, but I've heard they happened at some point in the past).  I would not expect a camo sale anytime soon, if ever again.

FYI - No kidding, this is a Russian company that works on getting the most spend out of Americans that they can.  It is why we have the fewest discounts and the most "sales" than all the other regions.  In theory, we have the most $ per player available.

And we have the lowest player count among all available servers... So they are doing the excessive milking while they can. [Except for SEA, not counting that sh**hole lol]

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Oct 07 2019 - 15:38, said:

with the number of extra, movable styles I have, the price of camo doesn't even occur to me as having a need for a discount these days.

Yeah, but I have 20 more tanks I want to put camo on. All my premiums (tier II - tier X), have camo, all my regular tanks have camo and now I only need to equip those regular remaining 20 tier X's.

It's something I want. Don't want rental stuff or to move camos back and forth. 

Btw, does anyone know if Clan Urban Style gets removed when you leave the clan? I know for a fact that Clan Universal does. 

Edited by _Ayreon_, Oct 07 2019 - 14:50.

I_QQ_4_U #7 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 15:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 23367 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Oct 07 2019 - 14:29, said:

Camo sales are the rarest of things (I've never seen a discount on switching crew roles, but I've heard they happened at some point in the past). 

I've seen it once.

XelFlame #8 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 16:22

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1456 battles
  • [NIN-] NIN-

There will be some new style for sale on October 10th, with some inscriptions, says it in the October preview page

Cowcat137 #9 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 16:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 14219 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

"Hallo, is Boris from Kustomer Serveece. What is problem ?"

"I'm looking to get back my camo from a rented tank, it's hard to..."

"Listen Yankee boy, problem is eating bread made from sawdust at siege of Lenningrad. Problem is trying to dig hole in permafrost while Nazis shooting at you. You don't have problem ."

"Well, uh, can you help me anyway?"

" No."

Tuzban #10 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 16:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37856 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostInsanefriend, on Oct 07 2019 - 13:20, said:

Father's Day had consumable and equipment discount. That's the last discount we've had.

Camo sale was in May, or five months ago. It didn't include style or paints.

jamesdoz #11 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 18:52

Major

• Players
  • 39516 battles
  • [AMOX] AMOX

View Post__WarChild__, on Oct 07 2019 - 08:29, said:

We spend the most per player of any server, That is a Fact.

Kliphie #12 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 18:55

Major

• Players
  • 33026 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View Postjamesdoz, on Oct 07 2019 - 12:52, said:

We spend the most per player of any server, That is a Fact.

That feels correct but any sources on that?

Taylor3006 #13 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 19:19

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3175 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Oct 07 2019 - 07:29, said:

This is pretty much the thinking of every other country in the world, fleece the West for cash because they are "stupid". This has much to do with ignorance and in the case of the Russians, it shows immaturity with how capitalism is done here. We have quite a bit of disposable income and spend it freely BUT we are long steeped in the free market and are pretty savvy consumers. We like sales. We like a "deal". We often know we are getting boned in a transaction and sometimes will buy anyways because we have the money to do so. The success of Wargaming in NA is in spite of their pathetic marketing. When consumers are enjoying themselves and have a product they like, they will sometimes spend even though they understand it isn't a particularly good deal. This only works for a while though, eventually people grow weary of being taken advantage of and a company will be seen in a bad light. Reputation matters and if people feel they have been screwed over, well they will do what they can to exact a bit of revenge including poor reviews and memes. 

I feel I am probably pretty typical of a US consumer. Have no problems dropping $20 on something I may only marginally want. If someone gives me a significant coupon or has a good sale, I may even look at their products even though I may have only a passing interest in what they are offering. Having a sale AND having a coupon will make me look really hard at what is there and I will make excuses to buy stuff even though I don't want it. Successful companies in the West often pull people in with this tactic. It is rare to have a product that people must have no matter what the price. Apple is a pretty good example of this and has become super successful based only on the loyalty of their customer base. There are other examples of this with luxury goods like cars, jewelry, clothes, food, etc but they are not the norm and cater to the affluent.

Wargaming has much to learn how marketing and sales are done in the West. Right now they are stuck at trying to rake in as much cash as they can before people lose interest in their product. They should start trying to build a larger customer base and not try and get every last cent out of the people they have now. It is shortsighted and shows a lack of experience in how capitalism works. I don't blame them necessarily, they are still new to the free market but they need step up their game. 

jamesdoz #14 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 20:51

Major

• Players
  • 39516 battles
  • [AMOX] AMOX

View PostKliphie, on Oct 07 2019 - 12:55, said:

That feels correct but any sources on that?

I am not looking now, but  quite a few marking Firms have the data on the web.

leadtag101 #15 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 10:49

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19075 battles

View PostYANKEE137, on Oct 07 2019 - 16:40, said:

"Hallo, is Boris from Kustomer Serveece. What is problem ?"

"I'm looking to get back my camo from a rented tank, it's hard to..."

"Listen Yankee boy, problem is eating bread made from sawdust at siege of Lenningrad. Problem is trying to dig hole in permafrost while Nazis shooting at you. You don't have problem ."

"Well, uh, can you help me anyway?"

" No."

Lol!!

Scorpiany #16 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 10:51

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 37167 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
When's the last time we had anything on sale at all that didn't cost Gold? It seems NA's been completely stripped of all discounts.

Edited by Scorpiany, Oct 08 2019 - 10:51.

omi5cron #17 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 23:17

Major

• Players
  • 23884 battles
squeeze...squeeze...SQUEEZE that turnip until it drips BLOOD!  look at it this way...when a sale finally happens,we will be throwing lindbergh-size ticker tape parades!

Also tagged with camo, sale, discounts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users