Eagle 7 - Worth it? - Update - It's Total Garbage

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Sink_Stuff #1 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 18:46

Captain

• Players
  • 15532 battles

Is the Eagle 7 worth it?

Because there are not a lot of tier 7 premiums and this one is actually performing well for most players statistically. 

(days later after buying)

Well after playing it, I can safely call this an absolute garbage medium tank. Why? One reason and one reason only, it's a total slug. It has bad heavy tank mobility. What this means is that you are always the last person to the battle. You get zero damage games, or you get completely smashed. You cannot re-position as a medium tank, which means that it is garbage to play this tank. You don't have the pen or the armor to go the heavy lane. You don't have the pick up or speed to flank anything. So, the only thing you can do is always be the last person to the fight and use a hill or hull down in certain situations. So it's a garbage tank because it can't be a heavy and it can't do what a medium needs to do. There simply is zero reason to ever play this tank over other premium tanks. Thanks for nothing again but wasting my money wargaming. Because they are simply too newb to ever understand what a medium tank needs to be viable. It isn't armor. It's mobility and a gun. 

Edited by Sink_Stuff, Oct 08 2019 - 21:02.

madogthefirst #2 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 18:55

Major

• Players
  • 24624 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
Yes it is worth it, I don't play mine a lot and I don't really know why.

MagillaGuerilla #3 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 19:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 25893 battles

View Postmadogthefirst, on Oct 07 2019 - 18:55, said:

Yes it is worth it, I don't play mine a lot and I don't really know why.

Same here. It's been awhile for me too, but I don't play much anymore, and I have too many others to choose from.

gpc_4 #4 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 19:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 43505 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
Is it a good tank for its tier...yes. Should you buy it...probably not. Spend a little more and get a tier 8 premium, it'll be more profitable for you.

_Katyusha___ #5 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 19:49

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16708 battles
  • [KTSHA] KTSHA
historical tanks are always worth, always prefer over fake tier VIII premiums, but wonder if you can custom the camo.

Sink_Stuff #6 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 19:59

Captain

• Players
  • 15532 battles

View Post_Katyusha___, on Oct 07 2019 - 18:49, said:

historical tanks are always worth, always prefer over fake tier VIII premiums, but wonder if you can custom the camo.

The Eagle 7 doesn't come with a special paint job so you can put whatever you want on it.

Mojo_Riesing #7 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 20:09

Captain

• Players
  • 20170 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

I got it...mostly to crew train but it kind of grew on me. I found, much to my surprise, i rather liked it. Not that i pay a great deal of attention to stats, it does seem to be a good performer for me...and not so great player.

Whether it's worth buying??  Well, at Tier VIII you might want to wait and see if the TL-1 LPC comes up soon. 

Oh, and at TierVII the Eagle doesn't see TierX's and seems to avoid even XI's a lot.

Sink_Stuff #8 Posted Oct 07 2019 - 21:33

Captain

• Players
  • 15532 battles

View PostMojo_Riesing, on Oct 07 2019 - 19:09, said:

I got it...mostly to crew train but it kind of grew on me. I found, much to my surprise, i rather liked it. Not that i pay a great deal of attention to stats, it does seem to be a good performer for me...and not so great player.

Whether it's worth buying??  Well, at Tier VIII you might want to wait and see if the TL-1 LPC comes up soon. 

Oh, and at TierVII the Eagle doesn't see TierX's and seems to avoid even XI's a lot.

And that's the thing isn't it. It is a good tier 7 medium tank. However, because it really is a down tiered Pershing it does very well at tier 7. Put the Eagle 7 in the comparison tool with all the tier 8 medium tanks and notice a few very important things.

1. It only has 100-150 less hit points than the average tier 8 medium tank

2. It has the same view range as most tier 8 medium tanks at 390 meters.

3. It has decent pen for normal rounds and premium rounds for a tier 7 medium tank and is comparable to some tier 8's.

4. It has about the same alpha and DPM as most tier 8 medium tanks. 

5. It has about the same or even better hull armor as most tier 8 medium tanks

6. It has .37 dispersion which is comparable to many tier 8 medium tanks

So while everyone says, "Don't bother it's just a tier 7 tank" well guess what folks, it's basically just a tier 8 tank in tier 7 match making. Why? This is because tier 8 medium tanks are often not that much better at all than tier 7 medium tanks. The biggest difference between most tier 8 medium tanks and tier 7 medium tanks is just the penetration of the rounds and 150 more HP and sometimes a better turret. But that's about it. Whereas, there is often a much bigger difference between a tier 6 medium tank verses a tier 7 medium tank. This is why a tier 6 medium tank often has a far greater problem taking on a tier 8 medium tank. But the Eagle 7, which is basically only a slightly gimped tier 8 medium tank at tier 7 statistically does very well. This is also why the T20 does well also. 

I just got mine and I haven't played it yet, but from what I can tell quickybaby's review seems to be the most accurate from all the main ones that I saw. In that review he rightly states that tier for tier the T20 is better. But the Eagle 7 still can do great in a tier 7 game but also more importantly hold it's own even in a tier 8 or 9 game. And this is the important part. I want my premium tanks to do well against higher tier tanks. The fact that this tank might as well be a tier 8 tank to me is outstanding. it means that the tank will also do as well as i can do as a player and i won't feel like I am at a horrible disadvantage against most tier 8 tanks that i may face. This to me is worth solid gold and all of the premium tanks that I like to play have this feature about them, that they also can do well when mid or even bottom tier. That is why I bought this tank. Now I just have to equip it and try it out some. 

Thank you for all the advice everyone.

(update)

After playing games with this tank I think it is absolute garbage. Why? Read the first post for the update. 

Edited by Sink_Stuff, Oct 08 2019 - 21:01.

CedricMacLaren #9 Posted Oct 15 2019 - 02:02

Major

• Players
  • 15324 battles
  • [RECKT] RECKT
Absolute garbage would be better than this tank.  This tank is even worse than the Panther 88 was when it first hit the shop. 

Acme1970 #10 Posted Oct 15 2019 - 23:12

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6870 battles

View PostSink_Stuff, on Oct 07 2019 - 10:46, said:

Is the Eagle 7 worth it?

Because there are not a lot of tier 7 premiums and this one is actually performing well for most players statistically. 

(days later after buying)

Well after playing it, I can safely call this an absolute garbage medium tank. Why? One reason and one reason only, it's a total slug. It has bad heavy tank mobility. What this means is that you are always the last person to the battle. You get zero damage games, or you get completely smashed. You cannot re-position as a medium tank, which means that it is garbage to play this tank. You don't have the pen or the armor to go the heavy lane. You don't have the pick up or speed to flank anything. So, the only thing you can do is always be the last person to the fight and use a hill or hull down in certain situations. So it's a garbage tank because it can't be a heavy and it can't do what a medium needs to do. There simply is zero reason to ever play this tank over other premium tanks. Thanks for nothing again but wasting my money wargaming. Because they are simply too newb to ever understand what a medium tank needs to be viable. It isn't armor. It's mobility and a gun. 

I'm used to playing slow plodding vehicles and the penetration doesn't bother me so I'm sold :great:.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users