Amazement

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

CDR_4_DV #1 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 17:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34078 battles
  • [CRIMZ] CRIMZ

I have always wondered what comes over a person to comment about a post as if they know everything.

Do they even consider what the post is really about?

Why does someone automatically go in defense mode?

They usually start with an attack of that person. ie. Grammar, Spelling, Punctuation  That is just silly and unproductive.  

They never really consider any post as a whole, and just want to be the one to de-bunk it.

I know there is a lot of really smart people (I mean MIT smart) out there, but while your sitting there remember there are real other people out there that look for good in people.  You never have to do what anyone says, but be courteous and listen to them. When here done form your own assessment.  You my want to comment back, but maybe if you don't have any thing positive to add don't just let it go.  What I try to do with everyone is listen and when there done I keep there good idea's and disregard the bad ideas.

This is a separate post so if your going to go look at my passed post thinking all get him what is this all about! Your the guy I am talking about that know's everything.............

Moderated by Jinlord_Gaming

Edited by Jinlord_Gaming, Oct 08 2019 - 18:45.

Markd73 #2 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 17:15

Major

• Players
  • 32795 battles

This is not about people "knowing everything", but about a person taking a little bit of time with proper spelling and punctuation. We all make mistakes when writing, but when you see a post littered with common mistakes then you make it difficult for the audience to understand your point. It also leaves the impression to some that if you are sloppy with written communication then is that same person being sloppy with their reasoning.

If English is not your first language then I can understand how frustrating the language rules can be. My sympathies.

Edit note - see even I made a mistake and corrected it. The point is to keep trying to improve and admit your mistakes.

Edited by Markd73, Oct 08 2019 - 17:20.

CDR_4_DV #3 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 17:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34078 battles
  • [CRIMZ] CRIMZ

So, to your point.  If someone is trying to make a point even if it mean life or death because they did not write as correct or spell correctly you should just disregard the whole message.

I would suggest if you don't care move on no worries, but if you are interested ask for clarification.  Attacking them is petty and beneath you.

the_dude_76 #4 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 17:27

Major

• Players
  • 34320 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostCDR_4_DV, on Oct 08 2019 - 10:06, said:

Why don't you tell us, going into "defense mode" was the entire purpose of this thread right??

CDR_4_DV #5 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 17:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34078 battles
  • [CRIMZ] CRIMZ

No, you come on to the forums to read other post.  So, read them than either leave and say nothing, give constructive criticism or ask for clarification.

It is really that simple.  As we get to be a smaller and smaller community we should be positive to everyone so we can have an exchange of idea's

I don't know about you but I love this game!

heavymetal1967 #6 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 17:38

Major

• Players
  • 73208 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

GeorgePreddy #7 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 17:42

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

"Tell me I am full of sh it"   - Quote from OP in his last thread, post #3.

Why did you say this if you do NOT actually want straight, honest criticism ??

As far as your spelling, punctuation and grammar... I'm just trying to help you to not continue with these glaring mistakes in the future.

Markd73 #8 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 17:43

Major

• Players
  • 32795 battles

View PostCDR_4_DV, on Oct 08 2019 - 16:25, said:

So, to your point.  If someone is trying to make a point even if it mean life or death because they did not write as correct or spell correctly you should just disregard the whole message.

ur 

I would suggest if you don't care move on no worries, but if you are interested ask for clarification.  Attacking them is petty and beneath you.

This is the WOT forums. There is no life and death scenario here.

I would ask for clarification if your written responses were themselves not equally unintelligible. 

CDR_4_DV #9 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 17:43

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34078 battles
  • [CRIMZ] CRIMZ

I don't want it to die.

I love this game, and so do you,

That is why we have  conversations.

So if something is hurting the game we should talk about it.  

Everyone is aloud to have there own opinions.  Right?

Be treated fairly and like a human being.  The last eight years we have been brothers in arms.  We support this game together.

CDR_4_DV #10 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 17:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34078 battles
  • [CRIMZ] CRIMZ

View PostMarkd73, on Oct 08 2019 - 10:43, said:

This is the WOT forums. There is no life and death scenario here.

I would ask for clarification if your written responses were themselves not equally unintelligible. 

if you don't care move on no worries,

CDR_4_DV #11 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 17:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34078 battles
  • [CRIMZ] CRIMZ

bring me back to my original post:

I have always wondered what comes over a person to comment about a post as if they know everything.

They usually start with an attack of that person. ie. Grammar, Spelling, Punctuation  That is just silly and unproductive.  

They never really consider any post as a whole, and just want to be the one to de-bunk it.

I know there is a lot of really smart people (I mean MIT smart) out there, but while your sitting there remember there are real other people out there that look for good in people.  You never have to do what anyone says, but be courteous and listen to them. When here done form your own assessment.  You my want to comment back, but maybe if you don't have any thing positive to add don't just let it go.  What I try to do with everyone is listen and when there done I keep there good idea's and disregard the bad ideas.

This is a separate post so if your going to go look at my passed post thinking all get him what is this all about! Your the guy I am talking about that know's everything.............

ArmorStorm #12 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 17:46

Major

• Players
  • 37707 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostCDR_4_DV, on Oct 08 2019 - 10:06, said:

Red text reserved for moderators, “past”, “you’re”... actually the red text is basically gibberish.

Markd73 #13 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 17:49

Major

• Players
  • 32795 battles

View PostCDR_4_DV, on Oct 08 2019 - 16:34, said:

No, you come on to the forums to read other post.  So, read them than either leave and say nothing, give constructive criticism or ask for clarification.

It is really that simple.  As we get to be a smaller and smaller community we should be positive to everyone so we can have an exchange of idea's

I don't know about you but I love this game!

I am giving you constructive criticism. Your posts are littered with errors and this makes it difficult for your audience to understand your point. It also leaves the impression that you are sloppy in your reasoning.

Simple fix would be to spend more time on improving your written English skills.

Edit note - see I made another mistake and then fixed it. This is not a hard thing to do.

Edited by Markd73, Oct 08 2019 - 17:53.

Atragon #14 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 17:50

Major

• Players
  • 44074 battles
  • [FINES] FINES

I would get rid of the red text.

TLDNR

Edited by Atragon, Oct 08 2019 - 17:51.

Markd73 #15 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 17:53

Major

• Players
  • 32795 battles

View PostCDR_4_DV, on Oct 08 2019 - 16:43, said:

I don't want it to die.

I love this game, and so do you,

That is why we have  conversations.

So if something is hurting the game we should talk about it.  

Everyone is aloud allowed to have there their own opinions.  Right?

Be treated fairly and like a human being.  The last eight years we have been brothers in arms.  We support this game together.

Yes you are allowed to have your own opinion. Everyone else is also allowed to disagree with your opinion.

I know you may find this hard to believe, but I was trying to help you by pointing out your errors in spelling. You cannot improve in anything until you realize that you are making a mistake and start working on fixing them.

Klaatu_Nicto #16 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 18:00

Major

• Players
  • 44044 battles

View PostArmorStorm, on Oct 08 2019 - 08:46, said:

Red text reserved for moderators, “past”, “you’re”... actually the red text is basically gibberish.

A few years ago I got a one day ban for using red text.

CDR_4_DV #17 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 18:12

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34078 battles
  • [CRIMZ] CRIMZ

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Oct 08 2019 - 11:00, said:

A few years ago I got a one day ban for using red text.

Point taken.

CDR_4_DV #18 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 18:37

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34078 battles
  • [CRIMZ] CRIMZ

View PostMarkd73, on Oct 08 2019 - 10:53, said:

Yes you are allowed to have your own opinion. Everyone else is also allowed to disagree with your opinion.

I know you may find this hard to believe, but I was trying to help you by pointing out your errors in spelling. You cannot improve in anything until you realize that you are making a mistake and start working on fixing them.

Ok, I will entertain you.  I came from a trailer park and did not care about my grades GPA 1.8 senior year.  Went into the military right afterwards.  Did 8 years and I got seriously hurt, but I powered through it for the next 11 years when I medically retired. I was in the Iraqi war where my unit was unreported but chemically gassed and then  the oil fires we spent three month under heavy petroleum sky.  I mean them sun was a dark orange for three months filled with heavily chemicals from burning oil fields.  Hence, GULF WAR SYNDROME.  So suffering from short term memory loss when I came home I still went on and got my Bachelor of Science in Geography at Texas State University.  My story is immaterial and mean nothing to anyone in the world, but before you go casting stones that if I could spell before I could work on fixing them is not the opinion that help me to try and save this game by conversations.  I am sure your story is just as good so save everyone from reading it and for get about it.

tod914 #19 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 18:47

Major

• Players
  • 64916 battles

View PostCDR_4_DV, on Oct 08 2019 - 11:06, said:

Why does someone automatically go in into defense mode?

They usually start with an attack of that person. ie. Grammar, Spelling, Punctuation  I.e., grammar, spelling, and punctuation. That is just silly and unproductive nonproductive.  

They never really consider any the post as a whole, and just want to be the one to de-bunk it.

I know there is a lot of really smart people (I mean MIT smart) out there. But while your sitting there, remember there are real others people out there that look for good in people.  You never have to do what anyone says, but be courteous and listen to them. When here done done here, form your own assessment.  You my want to comment back reply.  But maybe if you don't have any thing positive to add, don't just let it go.  What I try to do with everyone, is listen. and When there they have made their point done, I keep there their good idea's and disregard the bad ideas.

Spoiler

Edited by tod914, Oct 08 2019 - 18:48.

Markd73 #20 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 19:04

Major

• Players
  • 32795 battles

View PostCDR_4_DV, on Oct 08 2019 - 17:37, said:

Ok, I will entertain you.  I came from a trailer park and did not care about my grades GPA 1.8 senior year.  Went into the military right afterwards.  Did 8 years and I got seriously hurt, but I powered through it for the next 11 years when I medically retired. I was in the Iraqi war where my unit was unreported but chemically gassed and then  the oil fires we spent three month under heavy petroleum sky.  I mean them sun was a dark orange for three months filled with heavily chemicals from burning oil fields.  Hence, GULF WAR SYNDROME.  So suffering from short term memory loss when I came home I still went on and got my Bachelor of Science in Geography at Texas State University.  My story is immaterial and mean nothing to anyone in the world, but before you go casting stones that if I could spell before I could work on fixing them is not the opinion that help me to try and save this game by conversations.  I am sure your story is just as good so save everyone from reading it and for get about it.

You clearly struggle with written English and then you get super defensive when someone points it out. I admit that I too make mistakes and that I take the time to correct them. 

All I am suggesting is that you take a small amount of time and double check your work. You will get better responses. If you are struggling with this there are all kinds of online resources for helping you. 

http://www.reverso.net/spell-checker/english-spelling-grammar/

All it takes is a modicum of self awareness and effort.

Edited by Markd73, Oct 08 2019 - 19:07.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users