Tank Festival festival wot festival recap

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

DomoSapien #1 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 19:01

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14961 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Tankers, if you haven't noticed by now, the first ever Tank Festival has drawn to a close! We had tons of stuff going on for the duration of the festival, from Frontline episodes, to Steel Hunter, Festival Calendar Sales, Dog Tag collections, Minigames, and a special garage featuring the Offspring!

There's way too much to cover in this thread, so make sure you check out the article on our news portal for all the details. For a behind-the-scenes look at our efforts in preparing for the Tank Festival, check out the video below.

What did you think of the Tank Festival overall? What were some of your favorite events? Anything you'd like to see making a comeback next year? Suggestions? Critiques? Improvements? We'd love to hear your thoughts on this project so we can make it even better next year!

...in fairness, we haven't announced whether or not the Tank Festival will return in 2020 but considering how successful the event was, I think it's a pretty safe bet :)

Edited by DomoSapien, Oct 08 2019 - 19:02.

Junbeyn #2 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 19:13

Captain

• Players
  • 35270 battles
  • [ONION] ONION

Shoulda kept the dog tags around, boo...

In seriousness, yes, events like this keep me playing. Lots of goodies to go around and I really enjoyed playing it.

WhineMaker #3 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 19:25

Major

• Players
  • 38625 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA
I want my Temporary Teabags back... :great:

Sink_Stuff #4 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 19:29

Captain

• Players
  • 15570 battles

actually on the EU posting they did say it would return for 2020 as they specifically stated that they plan on doing it again. Funny how a player knows more than the staff. NA is slacking. Here is the quote:

"On behalf of the whole World of Tanks team, we’d like to express our deepest gratitude and sincere appreciation to every one of you. We tried hard to surprise you and sincerely hope you enjoyed Tank Festival. We want to make it a great and long-standing tradition, and launch Tank Festival 2020 next year, with even more rewards and special events. Keep your eyes peeled for more details closer to the date!"

Its also actually on the bottom of the NA post as well. Maybe read the info that you are posting next time I think?

Edited by Sink_Stuff, Oct 08 2019 - 19:34.

omi5cron #5 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 19:39

Major

• Players
  • 23903 battles

some stuff good (racing) some stuff bad (steel hunter) some stuff meh (Festival Fair). arcade good for tix farming.

racing would have been LOTS more fun (for me) if the track physics had not been quite as slippery.

also...racing mechanics...tank flipping and special autoaim ....can these be incorporated into regular game  special autoaim for ALL tanks)

Crabalanche #6 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 19:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 56935 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

I only did the great race, and found it mostly fun except the end sliding around like you're on ice. I did enjoy the goodies a long the way, and the three commanders. Didn't try steel hunters because of all the complaints about team stacking. I didn't fully understand the whole ticket idea. I would say it was mostly a waste of time for tickets since the dog tags went away, and if you didn't use them you lose them. For next year let the players keep them just like we can keep our earned crew members until we use them. 

For next year how about making the race fun, and funny. For example three tanks to choose from such as the Tog 2, Maus, or Type 5. Something a long those lines. Huge tanks going 120 kph, I would get a laugh out of that. 

Edited by Crabalanche, Oct 08 2019 - 19:55.

Vava_das_SPGs #7 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 20:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 26201 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Oct 08 2019 - 15:01, said:

What did you think of the Tank Festival overall? What were some of your favorite events? Anything you'd like to see making a comeback next year? Suggestions? Critiques? Improvements? We'd love to hear your thoughts on this project so we can make it even better next year!

...in fairness, we haven't announced whether or not the Tank Festival will return in 2020 but considering how successful the event was, I think it's a pretty safe bet :)

a) What did you think of the Tank Festival overall?
That was AWESOME!!! Lots of things! And people complain that WG is passive. !?!?

b) What were some of your favorite events?

I'll have to list them, to give a feedback:
1) The Great Race: Loved it! There's room for improvements, but looking at the big picture it was really funny!
I'm hoping that this mode can return on the future (with improvements ;) ).
2) The Offspring in your Garage: Also loved it!!! I wish it to play during the battles, too!
3) Mini Games: As I'm on the Referral Program (on another account), and the clock is ticking, I haven't played the Mini Games, unhappily.
4) Frontline: I'm struggling to get to Prestige X. On the Festival Frontline Episode I've reached Prestige VIII. Next week maybe I'll reach Prestige IX. ;) 
5) Festival Fair: I have my reasons to not purchase any vehicle (some of my subscribers knows my reasons - I have a promise, and this includes no cash purchases).
6) Steel Hunter: probably lots of players enjoyed this mode. For the same reason of the third event, I didn't played any battle of this mode.
7) Czech Holidays: the blueprints are a nice idea, but I also think that this have room for improvements.
8) Dog Tags: it's a 50/50 idea, for me. I still don't know if I like to have a huge dogtag displayed asap you're killed.

Some people are complaining that were too many things on a short time, but as the name suggests... it's a Festival! Even on real world you have to struggle to explore all the things that is happening on a real Festival. :) 

I really appreciate all the effort you have done to make the 2019 Festival, WG. :medal:
gg wp!!!

eastcoastlobster #8 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 20:22

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 63 battles
Maybe next year they can have night racing and have the track lit up

MasterTanker0808 #9 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 21:09

Private

• -Players-
  • 1240 battles
Wish they would have posted the video of how it was made (offspring) before the event, would have appreciated knowing how much work went into getting them onstage and to look the same etc, but now I can appreciate the effort and event is over.  I didn't realize previewing the concert would also be over or when it was ending, it wasnt very clear (event).  Would have liked to have some kind of heads up that event was ending tomorrow (homepage, Intel in game etc), it dragged on so long it was hard to tell.  I had tickets sitting I didn't realize would just evaporate when I woke-up the next day.  Would have spent them on something..  Usually you are pretty good announcing end dates but due to this lasting 2 months a reminder on the website would have been nice so my tickets didn't go to waste.  Also surpised to see the dog tags I spent 50 tickets on customizing 1 component of just yanked after I actually worked towards something on it.

Edited by MasterTanker0808, Oct 08 2019 - 21:19.

FrozenKemp #10 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 21:45

Major

• Players
  • 53873 battles
  • [8ARMY] 8ARMY

Steel Hunter - very good, rewarding, well executed

Tank Races - functionally good, grind too long

Czech Holidays - since I had already finished the line now I have 30 useless BP fragments.  Makes me a little sad. So it was kind of useless to me? An alternative award would have been nice.

Frontline - good

Offspring - sorry, don't care about them, that part fell flat

Minigames - 1/2. I could not fathom playing the shooting game but I found the quartermaster relatively easy

Tickets - I think there was a lack of communication (and maybe balance) about how tickets would be available. I haven't done calculations about how many tickets came from where, but on the one hand you had some very stingy ticket rewards from Steel Hunter, and on the other hand tickets were much easier to get from the minigames, but the minigames only became available towards the end of the festival. And it wasn't clear that those were coming. 

Dog Tags - Okay, but I thought it was a bad idea to charge so much for individual elements. Players who resorted to buying something they wanted to make their dog tag look how they wanted were basically giving up later rewards, and they did not necessarily know they were penalizing themselves. I think it would be better to charge a flat 5 for anything, even if the user is selecting something specific. 

Edited by FrozenKemp, Oct 08 2019 - 21:46.

2019_fighter #11 Posted Oct 08 2019 - 23:48

Private

• -Players-
  • 13022 battles
  • [C-W-B] C-W-B
  I would like to see a player option to opt out of things such as the festival and just continue with the game like it was, as opposed to having a festival garage background, dog tags, ect. imposed on you. (really hated the dog tags, would have preferred not to have had to see them ) Or at least make all parts optional like the "race", or ''steel hunters'' participation was for instance. You didn't have to participate in those activities if you didn't want to. 

Edited by 2019_fighter, Oct 08 2019 - 23:53.

EliteSwatTeam #12 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 00:11

Captain

• Players
  • 57820 battles
  • [2-TUF] 2-TUF

I would like the dog tags to become a permanent thing in world of tanks.

EliteSwatTeam

Argon3 #13 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 00:36

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 29157 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
1) The Great Race: Liked it but got started late. Track was Really slick, all the tanks seem so equal that one fail player and you lost. Of course if they where on the other side you won
2) The Offspring in your Garage: Nice Tank
3) Mini Games: I missed some time due to being sick and was able to make enough to complete
4) Frontline: Grind Tier 10s or play frontline.....
5) Festival Fair: Fun grinding different things
6) Steel Hunter: I enjoyed this till 3-4 people would join the same game singly and kill everyone else then win. I stopped playing because of this
7) Czech Holidays: the blueprints are a nice idea but we need new tanks
8) Dog Tags:  I had a blast grinding tickets but would like them to hang on for a while even if just in the Garage

blapowski #14 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 01:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 40843 battles
Loved the festival and the events. My only complaint is the Festival Fair. I was really looking forward to reserving/buying the Progetto with gold. But on the day it was available I couldn't do so because I didn't have access to a computer with the game client installed on it for several days. I could log in to the website and enter my scavenger code for that day, but I couldn't reserve a tank without going through the game client, or paying cash on the website. Maybe next time. 

LunaCada #15 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 01:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 38855 battles
  • [4HIM2] 4HIM2
All the events were fun, but, you guys really have to do something about the cheat mods being used in the Chaffee races. More than once they were very apparent, and were from good clans. 

Gen_Grant #16 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 01:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 41903 battles
  • [BURYU] BURYU

1) The Great Race: Not as fun as the original but ok, I did not care for the ending in the battle arena as if you had a Noob on the team that could not get in fast enough then all was lost. 3 times that noob was me as I got spun out. F$#%
2) The Offspring I loved seeing the digital concert and took me back to my working days in the 90's when the whole shop would belt out the tunes. 
3) Mini Games: Tank shooting was pretty dumb and I wasted too much time with very few rewards. The Quarter Master I would still be playing in my Sleep...…Ahhhh

4) Frontline: Love the mode and hate the wheeled light scouts, Just Bull that our own arty can not take them out. Have IL2's shoot them up and have them hit land mines. Buggers from Hell...
5) Festival Fair: Was cool to see all the Ideas but for gosh sakes PUT A WG STAFF ON THE SCREEN ART AGAIN, I miss that the most, High res pics that we can make our desktop. We do not need the calendars 
6) Steel Hunter: I enjoyed this till 3-4 people would join the same game singly and kill everyone else then win. I stopped playing because of this OK I took this from the dude 2 levels up, Full out Bull Crap rigged BS. after 5 times in one day being all out team ram shacked I quit this mode and never even tried once more, WG staff should have known this was going to happen with the T22 Med tank BS years ago.
7) Czech Holidays: the blueprints are a nice idea but we need new tanks, Again dude 2 levels up I agree 100% maybe some BDR's or BMP's More auto cannons like the 30MM British Rarden guns
8) Dog Tags:  I could not have loved this little item more but you needed to not take this away from us :-( we worked hard to get them and then POOF gone like the July Snow. More Custom Ones. "Bring on the Troll" Armchair General"

"Dead Tanker Talking" "King Shredder" "New Reroll Play Nice"

Thanks Again but please Bring Back the Desktop Art....

__Neo__ #17 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 07:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10106 battles
  • [_E_] _E_
What a great event, I earned all these tickets for dogtag components that was stripped from me at the end!  What fun!  And steelhunter I enjoyed hiding the most, just running from zone to zone almost stock until the end, seriously that was more fun than the fighting lol.

Edited by __Neo__, Oct 09 2019 - 07:30.

Thomas_Faddis #18 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 17:22

Private

• -Players-
  • 11211 battles
  • [656TH] 656TH

View PostDomoSapien, on Oct 08 2019 - 19:01, said:

Tankers, if you haven't noticed by now, the first ever Tank Festival has drawn to a close! We had tons of stuff going on for the duration of the festival, from Frontline episodes, to Steel Hunter, Festival Calendar Sales, Dog Tag collections, Minigames, and a special garage featuring the Offspring!

There's way too much to cover in this thread, so make sure you check out the article on our news portal for all the details. For a behind-the-scenes look at our efforts in preparing for the Tank Festival, check out the video below.

Absolutely SUCKS [edited]that I lost all my tickets and was not allowed to convert them to directives because they NEVER warned that it was shutting off! ESAD WoT!

Isola_di_Fano #19 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 09:53

Major

• Players
  • 24378 battles

Dog tags ...  is when I stopped playing tanks.

They are gone now ? I might come back ...

In my 8 years here I think that was the most #$?%?& idea ever ...

My two cents.

Edited by Isola_di_Fano, Oct 10 2019 - 09:53.

CatcusJo #20 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 22:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 9131 battles
  • [TSNA] TSNA
anyone received the cammo yet ? 

Also tagged with Tank Festival, festival, wot festival, recap

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users