• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

24cups #21 Posted Oct 15 2019 - 02:24

Major

• Players
  • 24600 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostBoghie, on Oct 14 2019 - 20:14, said:

The player I was most concerned about was the one in the M10 Wolverine.  I had been either on his team or against him all night. 

I'm always astonished when players mention meeting the same people in multiple games. 

I rarely see the same people in more than one. 

Btw congrats Boghie.

Boghie #22 Posted Oct 15 2019 - 02:39

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8703 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Post24cups, on Oct 14 2019 - 20:24, said:

I'm always astonished when players mention meeting the same people in multiple games. 

I rarely see the same people in more than one. 

Btw congrats Boghie.

Another funny thing. 

There was this weirdo in a Ram II that was having fun shooting me when I was on his team.  He was rapping in chat.  A real strage onet!!

And, he was either on my team or against me most of the night. 

OLDIRTYBOMBER #23 Posted Oct 15 2019 - 14:47

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11997 battles
  • [DONKY] DONKY

Sure people can improve, but you want to say his improvement is the reason for increase in winrate? 

Surely platooning with a unicom doesn't hurt, also the sample size way to low for wot 'random' mm.

Doing 2 extra shots of damage per game doesn't swing your WR like +%RNGing the 'gud' team at the load screen. :coin:

This was really cute too, do you have a 'jump to conclusions' mat for this list you made? 

'4) Highlight (at serious risk of thread derailment) that if we had a SBMM then this player would soon begin being punished for their improvement.  '

Edited by OLDIRTYBOMBER, Oct 15 2019 - 14:51.

Kliphie #24 Posted Oct 15 2019 - 14:57

Major

• Players
  • 33023 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

If you would, OP, only help out the green tanks.  The red tanks are tough enough as it is.  

cloudwalkr #25 Posted Oct 15 2019 - 20:14

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56350 battles

View PostOLDIRTYBOMBER, on Oct 15 2019 - 14:47, said:

Sure people can improve, but you want to say his improvement is the reason for increase in winrate? 

Surely platooning with a unicom doesn't hurt, also the sample size way to low for wot 'random' mm.

Doing 2 extra shots of damage per game doesn't swing your WR like +%RNGing the 'gud' team at the load screen. :coin:

This was really cute too, do you have a 'jump to conclusions' mat for this list you made? 

'4) Highlight (at serious risk of thread derailment) that if we had a SBMM then this player would soon begin being punished for their improvement.  '

Perfect example of someone who isn't, and will never be, invited to one of my sessions.

The first sentence shows where they are at mentally.  Only want to blame the game.  

Ivredevent #26 Posted Oct 15 2019 - 21:40

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17365 battles
  • [BPCQC] BPCQC

View Postcloudwalkr, on Oct 09 2019 - 03:24, said:

First rule of scouting - don't really listen to the people raging about a scout not doing anything.  That's not to say never listen to anyone.  The TD's in the back yelling and screaming probably aren't up forward enough to shoot anything anyway.  When I play my scouts, and I love scouts, I play my game.  I read the enemy lineup, decide where I want to go for early lights (or to counter enemy lights if I need) and then I will think about where to post up or be active.  I do this based on where my team is but one thing I rarely ever do is actually listen to what my team is asking me to scout.  Again, this is a VERY thin line and you must be good at listening to people who have a clue.  For example if Im in a game and its mid game and I need something scouted then I may say to the light "need a scout here pls" or "rdy to fire if lit" and ping the map once or twice.  But if someone is in the back yelling at me (and trust me, it happens a lot.  I'm shot by friendlies...pushed out by friendlies...you name it and it's primarily because they just dont understand what Im actually doing in my scout) then they are not the one to listen to.  Listen to the medium or heavy up front or on the flank asking for a light or for an area to be spotted.  And NEVER suiscout just because friendlies are pinging you on the map.  If someone is spamming me...welcome to my ignore.  I play my scout in any way I see fit to win the match.  Hope this helped a little.

We can almost say that the greens on the minimap are almost as important as the red ones. The back red liners have no real clue of the dangers lurking ahead the scout... especially when early game and teams are almost full strength. Arties seem really good at pinging their green scouts and often they are the same arties that don't call their reload and/or aiming.

Krupp_Sabot #27 Posted Oct 15 2019 - 22:10

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10994 battles
Any chance of helping a returning player who is still struggling?

_Draklor_ #28 Posted Oct 15 2019 - 22:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 8781 battles

View PostVulcan_Spectre, on Oct 14 2019 - 15:20, said:

It's hard to fix your overall stats, but it's easier (and more relevant) to care about your recent stats

It's a common mistake to focus on improving or fixing your stat. One should focus on improving their skill instead. I don't give a damn about my stat, but rather use it as indicator of my skill: if stat improves, that means I'm doing the right thing; if it doesn't, I should put some effort and get better.

_Draklor_ #29 Posted Oct 15 2019 - 22:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 8781 battles

View PostKrupp_Sabot, on Oct 15 2019 - 13:10, said:

Any chance of helping a returning player who is still struggling?

I've been a returning player about a year or so ago. Biggest struggle was to learn the maps, as most of them have changed to an extent that I ended up re-learning them from the scratch.

To overcome that I'm watching streams of players who are obviously better than me. That helps a lot.

Krupp_Sabot #30 Posted Oct 16 2019 - 19:09

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10994 battles

View Post_Draklor_, on Oct 15 2019 - 14:43, said:

I've been a returning player about a year or so ago. Biggest struggle was to learn the maps, as most of them have changed to an extent that I ended up re-learning them from the scratch.

To overcome that I'm watching streams of players who are obviously better than me. That helps a lot.

I Definitely noticed that. Plus i have to learn Glacier and that other one with the rocking beat since they came out after i left.

Also tagged with It, is, possible

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users