Did WG ever do anything about XVM whiners suiciding at the start of a game?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

MajorTommm #21 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 13:45

Private

• -Players-
  • 8864 battles
  • [HACKD] HACKD

View Postdpmvolare, on Oct 09 2019 - 09:16, said:

If "cliff diving", or "drowning" are supposedly so bad. Then why hasn't WG at least made it impossible to drown, by changing map borders? Simple fix if it is so "forbidden" by all of you complainers. The only other way to forestall people suiciding, would be by completely eliminating stats in pubby matches, so people can't see what a stink team they were dealt, and just do the best they can with what they have. I personally have never seen the logic of stats in pubby matches. Who cares. Stat obsessors just take the fun out of it. Look at how many years it took for them to take away team damaging (mostly by higher ranked bullies that think everyone's there to better THEIR stats). Well I'm sorry, but improving my stats is just as important to me, and I'm not going to sacrifice my vehicle for somebody elses glory. I pay my hard earned money just like everybody else, and deserve an equal chance in battle. Unfortunately suggestions for game improvement fall on deaf ears at WG

i got banned for 3 days because i drowned my arty at the end of a match in which we lost and i was the last tank alive. they say this is called physics abuse. so if you want to avoid a bann, dont suicide you could be reported

Tolos #22 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 13:48

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostPanzerXO, on Oct 09 2019 - 03:22, said:

… or is that still a thing in WOT?  I remember it was a big deal a while ago; but I haven't seen much about it on the forums lately.

You know the "Zero percent chance to win" … Splash... [Player x drowned] guys

It was never really a big deal, as the players that did it was mostly terrible that wouldnt have done anything anyway. Also win chance was never zero :)

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on Oct 09 2019 - 12:08, said:

And yet, the "Anonymizer" that they've been touting all year is still not available. Any game that allows third party mods that change game play isn't a legit game, unless everyone is using the same mod. Apparently WG likes misleading their players, must be a Russian thing.

And yet, basically every MMO out there allows 3rd party mods in one form or another. So you're saying games like Warcraft, EvE online, STO, GW2, SWTOR etc AREN'T legit games ?. Simply put mods can improve gameplay experience and it costs the company nothing to do them. 

All your comment does is make you look stupid. 

Carde #23 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 14:29

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 60182 battles
  • [PRGY] PRGY

Has anyone ever been banned for suicide?  I would be interested in hearing from anyone here and would not flame them if they would report back to us.  Seriously, any arty players who take a swim here get a few days off from it?  While i do not habitually suicide, i know i have in the past with zero consequences.  Ive also had really frustrating computer issues that would bounce me out of the game and get me "warnings" for match abandonment, but no penalty besides loss of exp.

What is the threshhold for suiciding or being afk/bot?  Is it even a number. 

The reason i ask is because i massively distrust this company.  If someone is kind enough to answer in the affirmative, please dont denigrate them.

Edited by Carde, Oct 09 2019 - 14:36.

24cups #24 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 14:38

Major

• Players
  • 24500 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostCarde, on Oct 09 2019 - 08:29, said:

Has anyone ever been banned for suicide?  I would be interested in hearing from anyone here and would not flame them if they would report back to us.  Seriously, any arty players who take a swim here get a few days off from it?  While i do not habitually suicide, i know i have in the past with zero consequences.  Ive also had really frustrating computer issues that would bounce me out of the game and get me "warnings" for match abandonment, but no penalty besides loss of exp.

What is the threshhold for suiciding or being afk/bot?  Is it even a number. 

The reason i ask is because i massively distrust this company.  If someone is kind enough to answer in the affirmative, please dont denigrate them.

Try reading 2 posts above yours for the answer. 

:)

And shout out to Strike_witch, whom I haven't seen on the forums for a while.  Welcome back. 

Trauglodyte #25 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 14:47

Major

• -Players-
  • 23661 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View PostKRZYBooP, on Oct 09 2019 - 12:33, said:

We do hit for players reported for suicide.

It's covered in our Physics abuse and requires a replay.

Click HEREfor more information.

It isn't that I don't believe you.  Rather, I disbelieve that it is done in any large numbers, given that the in-game reporting options are terrible (and don't specifically call out suiciding) and it requires going through the 20 stupid steps to report someone, while also including a video of the game.  So, while I'm sure that you do it, I highly doubt that it gets reported enough, let alone on what people consider to be "serial" suiciders, to actually matter.  It's like states passing a law making it an offense to text and drive - I'm sure that cops are pulling people over, for doing it.  But, the number of people getting pulled over is going to be small AND the number of people getting pulled over, multiple times fo rthe same thing, is probably too small to even consider.  So, what is the point?

GeorgePreddy #26 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 14:53

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View Postkhorender_1, on Oct 09 2019 - 00:42, said:

Still doesn't make it right.

Still not a "big deal".

KRZYBooP #27 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 14:54

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3975 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on Oct 09 2019 - 06:08, said:

And yet, the "Anonymizer" that they've been touting all year is still not available. Any game that allows third party mods that change game play isn't a legit game, unless everyone is using the same mod. Apparently WG likes misleading their players, must be a Russian thing.

Games on PC are almost impossible to stop mod creation for. Consoles are mostly a mod free environment, but can still be modded with much difficulty. Most PC games lean into it, and WG does check all the mods uploaded to the Mod hub. Not sure if other companies due the same.However, I hope so considering some mods can break games.

WG does it's best to be transparent with players, and is shown by AMA's with our Developer's that are announced here and on Reddit.

Things implemented to the game like the anonymizer are not easy additions, especially since the challenge is finding a way to hide API data, and not be obvious to still be targeted despite using the anonymizer.

GeorgePreddy #28 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 14:59

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostDrWho_, on Oct 09 2019 - 09:43, said:

...every now and then the Green Font Guy sums it up perfectly

I try.  Thanks for the acknowledgement.

SpectreHD #29 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 15:01

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16849 battles
  • [TT] TT

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Oct 09 2019 - 14:02, said:

If they punish people for killing themselves at the start of the match, they might as well go ahead and punish people who do 0 damage, people who consistently do 1-2 shots of damage, suicide-scouts, arty players, and E-25 players because in my eyes, they are all useless. 

I don't care about people who kill themselves at the start, because those players are only really hurting their own stats by doing 0 damage. It's literally a casual arcade game, stats keep the game rolling but everyone has always said its 1v29, 3v27 when you're platooning (hopefully). Just focus on your own game and do you're best, regardless how bad your teammates are. 

That's why I'm looking forward to ranked, if they suicide in that, then by all means punish them. For quick play, who cares, I've seen worse. 

They can easily do that. Remove shared team EXP. Let all rewards be completely dependent on personal performance.

View PostVulcan_Spectre, on Oct 09 2019 - 19:07, said:

I've actually once used water to help protect against HE and Arty in my defender, 

Water can also be used as a weapon. It happens rarely but pinning an enemy in water to kill them is hilarious. Also even rarer and more hilarious is shooting someone's tracks when they are moving beside deep water, and they swerve into the drink.

View PostTolos, on Oct 09 2019 - 20:48, said:

It was never really a big deal, as the players that did it was mostly terrible that wouldnt have done anything anyway. Also win chance was never zero :)

And yet, basically every MMO out there allows 3rd party mods in one form or another. So you're saying games like Warcraft, EvE online, STO, GW2, SWTOR etc AREN'T legit games ?. Simply put mods can improve gameplay experience and it costs the company nothing to do them. 

Yeah, mods are important for those games.

But I wouldn't consider WoT an MMO. Battlefield allows 32 vs 32 and it's not called an MMO. Quite frankly WoT is just a 15 vs 15 team death match game. I don't think any of the game you listed has mods that allows for match prediction or additional stats on players that allows other players to shift the way they play to account for this additional info on a player. WG League also does not allow mods.

Any good mods have made its way into the game. Needing to know the stats of players in a "random" game mode is not needed. 

Edited by SpectreHD, Oct 09 2019 - 15:02.

NeatoMan #30 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 15:11

Major

• Players
  • 28180 battles
people were suiciding long before XVM was ever a thing, and they'll keep doing it after it's removed.  XVM is just a convenient excuse, they'll find another.  That's just who they are.

DrWho_ #31 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 15:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 25177 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostNeatoMan, on Oct 09 2019 - 15:11, said:

people were suiciding long before XVM was ever a thing, and they'll keep doing it after it's removed.  XVM is just a convenient excuse, they'll find another.  That's just who they are.

I thought you knew, XVM is a source of all that's wrong about this game. Even RNG is highly influenced by it

You're good with numbers, you ought to pick up this stuff !

The_Next_Penetration #32 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 16:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 48707 battles
  • [DD214] DD214
Eventually they plan on introducing the anonymizer which should mitigate some of this. However, it takes them 3 years to implement a basic new feature that should take 2 monkeys a couple hours to code. Guess it's hard to add good ideas when you're busy justifying not nerfing op tanks and releasing new premium tanks every week.

khorender_1 #33 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 16:50

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7481 battles

View PostTornadoADV, on Oct 09 2019 - 11:22, said:

Neither is Jaywalking.

Apples and oranges arguments your thing ?

khorender_1 #34 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 16:53

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7481 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Oct 09 2019 - 14:53, said:

Still not a "big deal".

Easily dismissing things is something you seem to strive for in every post it seems.

Flarvin #35 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 17:01

Major

• Players
  • 54592 battles

View Postkhorender_1, on Oct 09 2019 - 10:50, said:

Apples and oranges arguments your thing ?

Not really. 

Both are not ‘right’, and both are not a “big deal.”

Look like two apples to me. lol 

YANKEE137 #36 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 17:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 14006 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
My play style has been described as suicidal. Good thing that isn't a rules violation.

OLDIRTYBOMBER #37 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 17:17

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11710 battles
  • [DONKY] DONKY

Did WG ever do anything about stacking all the bads on one team that type nothing in chat and die quickly in order according to their battle stats?

Happens every game :popcorn:

Pipinghot #38 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 17:18

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on Oct 09 2019 - 07:08, said:

Dear time traveler,

Welcome to the year 2019 where mods are a standard feature of internet game play. Since you obviously came to this game from the year 1995 you don't understand that the entire purpose of mods is to allow players to customize their game client and gaming experience to suit their own personal needs and preferences. If it wasn't for mods our game client would be a bland wasteland with no useful or helpful information for players to learn from, all of the combat GUI features that we've added as a result of popular mods have had a direct and specific affect, making the game more understandable for new and inexperienced players. Being able to see how much damage you've taken, and from which sources, is the direct result of a mod. Being able to see the direction that a shot came from is the direct result of a mod. There are others, but we must hope that in spite of your primitive brain from 1995 you're able to understand this simple concept. Mods are a significant source improvement and innovation in any game.

Also, mods are freely available to everyone and no one is ever forced to use a mod just because other people use it, something what we in the present day like to call "freedom of choice". We're sorry if this doesn't match with your antiquated and authoritarian ideas about how games should be played, but the good news for you is that you now have the opportunity to catch up with the rest of the internet.

Sincerely,

The Present

Edited by Pipinghot, Oct 10 2019 - 00:21.

Pipinghot #39 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 17:37

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostSpectreHD, on Oct 09 2019 - 09:01, said:

View PostTolos, on Oct 09 2019 - 20:48, said:

Yeah, mods are important for those games.

But I wouldn't consider WoT an MMO. Battlefield allows 32 vs 32 and it's not called an MMO. Quite frankly WoT is just a 15 vs 15 team death match game. I don't think any of the game you listed has mods that allows for match prediction or additional stats on players that allows other players to shift the way they play to account for this additional info on a player. WG League also does not allow mods.

Those other games don't even have that information available, which is a big difference between WoT and most MMO's. So of course the information available for WoT is going to be different from most other games. Every game has makes their own, individual choices about which information is made available to their player base and therefore which information is available to mods, based on the needs of that particular game.

Furthermore, in games that allow mods, the vast majority of mods work in both PvE and PvP. Going back to the example of WoW, if a player has a healing mod that mod will work in boss raids, open world advanturing, and PvP Battlegrounds. According to your definition of an MMO the 16 vs. 16 or 32 vs. 32 battlegrounds in WoW are separate from their 'true' MMO, and yet the mods continue to work even in the battlegrounds with small teams.

You can debate all you want about whether or not WoT is an MMO, but that doesn't change the discussion one bit. WoT is a game played by millions of players, and mods allow those players (within limits) to customize their gaming experience in a way that is more enjoyable for each player.

* Games that allow a mixed environment, where console players and PC players are all playing the game against each other, usually don't have mods because that could potentially be an unfair advantage for the PC players, that is the primary reason for any game not allowing mods.
* Other games (e.g. survival games like ARK Survival Evolved) don't have console and PC players mixing together, and so they allow mods for the PC version of their game whereas console players don't have mods.

* Games that are focused on PC (almost) all allow mods, because they know that mods are good for their game in spite of the work that is required to prevent cheat mods. PC game publishers know that mods are an important source of innovation and for player freedom of choice in their game.

View PostSpectreHD, on Oct 09 2019 - 09:01, said:

Any good mods have made its way into the game. Needing to know the stats of players in a "random" game mode is not needed. 

You also don't "need" to see a list of the shots that hit you, who they were from and how much damage they did, or many other features that are on your screen.

And honestly, you don't need XVM to be good, a large percentage of purple and blue players play vanilla and only use garage mods. The point of mods is to allow freedom of choice, as long as the game publisher doesn't consider a mod to be cheating then each player should have the freedom to decide whether they want to use that mod or not.

Edited by Pipinghot, Oct 09 2019 - 17:37.

CaptainBussey #40 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 17:45

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5260 battles
  • [ROLF] ROLF

I would say that what XVM shows is more of a problem than the people suiciding.

Not sure that I have ever seen people suicide at the beginning of a match because of this.

I've seen a few people just quit or complain and then go AFK which is just as bad or worse.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users