Suicides

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

ENCDVRush #1 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 16:57

Private

• Players
  • 28733 battles
  • [T_K_M] T_K_M

It gets really irritating when you come into a match - and it hasnt even started yet - and some idiot doesn't like what he sees - declares hes done - and suicides. And there is no recourse for the rest of the team and no consequences for the idiot who screwed over the whole team.  We play as individuals, but we also all play as part of a team.  Suiciding because you just dont like the odds or because you are low tier is wrong.

A lot of these people are what I call "stat padders"  - they do it because they don't want their statistics to be hurt by being in a bad match.  But they make it harder for their own team to win (thereby the whole team suffers if they lose by gaining less experience. If you don't want to play - don't hit that red "battle" button.

It is my opinion that when a person commits suicide - that his team mates should be able to click on something in the complaints section.  If he gets enough complaints that meets a threshold, then he suffers the consequences.  Some people will think this unfair - but if a person is deliberately screwing over his team - just for personal statistics - then those stats are gained in a reprehensible way and there should be consequences for it.  Here are a few suggestions to consider:

1) They lose all experience for the match.

2)  Have a penalty directly related to rating (WTR) - by a set amount of points or percentage each time someone dies by suicide and is reported by enough people.  

3)  They get a negative experience penalty - which can affect either free experience, crew experience for that tank, or tank experience.

(If a person has to fight more battles to gain experience for their tanks due to penalties incurred for acts of sabotage to the team (suiciding on purpose is a team sabotage,) then maybe they will be less likely to continue this bad behavior. 

They value their stats above team play - so make it felt where it matters to them.

People have told me after the match that the reason why they do things like this is for personal benefit - they do not care about the team they are playing with - and since there is no consequence and since the WTR is based on a set of parameters that do not even remotely take into consideration team play. those who try to manipulate the statistics and suicide when they don't like the odds can have consequences for their actions.

dunniteowl #2 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 17:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

There's this function in the menu.  You hover over the name of the offending player, then Right click.  A menu pops up and you can select from a list.  On that list is: Complaint.  When you click that, it then provides a second list of things to complain about.  At the bottom is Inaction/Bot.  There is also: Unsportsmanlike Conduct, which is where I report all suicides that I can determine were purposeful and not accidental.  Games don't appreciate cowardice, why should I?

After that Report function is clicked on and finished, then you know what you do?

Let it go and keep playing.

That's how you do it.

OvO

LTCTJG #3 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 17:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 12351 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
Most of the times its arty players...:facepalm:

ArmorStorm #4 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 17:14

Major

• Players
  • 37711 battles
  • [F__R] F__R
Arty suicides at the end usually.  

PapioTitan #5 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 17:30

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 45788 battles

If it bothers you that much, report it as physics abuse. Details can be found here:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/613039-did-wg-ever-do-anything-about-xvm-whiners-suiciding-at-the-start-of-a-game/page__p__12278026#entry12278026

HOTA_CHATON #6 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 17:49

Major

• Players
  • 13715 battles
  • [MSG] MSG

View PostArmorStorm, on Oct 09 2019 - 10:14, said:

Not my arty.  I enjoy the crap outta blasting others in the face.  If folks did that more often, they might actually be surprised how many more battles they will come out on top of.

HOTA_CHATON #7 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 17:50

Major

• Players
  • 13715 battles
  • [MSG] MSG

View PostPapioTitan, on Oct 09 2019 - 10:30, said:

That would be a stretch.  Just send in the replay and let WG do their job.  Don't make up junk, that's just as bad and your just as wrong.

Markd73 #8 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 17:51

Major

• Players
  • 32795 battles

View PostENCDVRush, on Oct 09 2019 - 15:57, said:

It gets really irritating when you come into a match - and it hasnt even started yet - and some idiot doesn't like what he sees - declares hes done - and suicides. And there is no recourse for the rest of the team and no consequences for the idiot who screwed over the whole team.  We play as individuals, but we also all play as part of a team.  Suiciding because you just dont like the odds or because you are low tier is wrong.

A lot of these people are what I call "stat padders"  - they do it because they don't want their statistics to be hurt by being in a bad match.  But they make it harder for their own team to win (thereby the whole team suffers if they lose by gaining less experience. If you don't want to play - don't hit that red "battle" button.

It is my opinion that when a person commits suicide - that his team mates should be able to click on something in the complaints section.  If he gets enough complaints that meets a threshold, then he suffers the consequences.  Some people will think this unfair - but if a person is deliberately screwing over his team - just for personal statistics - then those stats are gained in a reprehensible way and there should be consequences for it.  Here are a few suggestions to consider:

1) They lose all experience for the match.

2)  Have a penalty directly related to rating (WTR) - by a set amount of points or percentage each time someone dies by suicide and is reported by enough people.  

3)  They get a negative experience penalty - which can affect either free experience, crew experience for that tank, or tank experience.

(If a person has to fight more battles to gain experience for their tanks due to penalties incurred for acts of sabotage to the team (suiciding on purpose is a team sabotage,) then maybe they will be less likely to continue this bad behavior. 

They value their stats above team play - so make it felt where it matters to them.

People have told me after the match that the reason why they do things like this is for personal benefit - they do not care about the team they are playing with - and since there is no consequence and since the WTR is based on a set of parameters that do not even remotely take into consideration team play. those who try to manipulate the statistics and suicide when they don't like the odds can have consequences for their actions.

That makes zero sense.

0/10 for logic

Destroying your own tank at the start of a match with zero damage or spotting is the very definition of "damaging your stats". If you are stat padding then you want to do as much damage and spotting as possible, even in a losing cause.

What you are describing in your post are quitters and crybabies. Not stat padders.

Edited by Markd73, Oct 09 2019 - 17:53.

heavymetal1967 #9 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 18:00

Major

• Players
  • 73394 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostMarkd73, on Oct 09 2019 - 12:51, said:

That makes zero sense.

0/10 for logic

Destroying your own tank at the start of a match with zero damage or spotting is the very definition of "damaging your stats". If you are stat padding then you want to do as much damage and spotting as possible, even in a losing cause.

What you are describing in your post are quitters and crybabies. Not stat padders.

So much this and tbh more so arguably in a "losing" match if they're a padder.

They see a team full of "bad" players so that leaves a helluva lot more potential xp/damage/WN8 to be farmed by them even if it's for a loss.

Vava_das_SPGs #10 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 18:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 26485 battles

View PostLTCTJG, on Oct 09 2019 - 13:04, said:

Most of the times its arty players...:facepalm:

View PostArmorStorm, on Oct 09 2019 - 13:14, said:

LTC just read the title and then came to comment.
About the comment:

stalkervision #11 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 18:56

Major

• Players
  • 70312 battles

View PostArmorStorm, on Oct 09 2019 - 11:14, said:

Disagree.   I see far more players not in spgs do it now.

stalkervision #12 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 18:57

Major

• Players
  • 70312 battles

View PostVava_das_SPGs, on Oct 09 2019 - 12:24, said:

LTC just read the title and then came to comment.
About the comment:

Nice video. Approve ! 

stalkervision #13 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 19:00

Major

• Players
  • 70312 battles
IMO wargaming should give an option to a player that have performed above and beyond his teammates called "The Honors of War"  when they are the only one left on the team.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honours_of_war

Machisman #14 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 21:47

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37077 battles

Not sure if WG even takes any action on suicides and BOTS. I normally blacklist them, only to know what kind of players i am playing with. if i see a blacklisted player in enemy team, i would consider one less tank to worry about.

low_bidder #15 Posted Oct 09 2019 - 23:41

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24757 battles

When the allies are down by 4+ vehicles, it really makes no sense to continue as the team has lost the battle.  99.9% probability that the team will lose. So why continue? Suicide, crash or drown the tank will allow the player to move onto another

battle.  What WOT needs to provide is a surrender/destroy/self-destruction to allow the player to move onto an battle.  TEAM BATTLES is the operative phrase.

dunniteowl #16 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 16:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

View Postlow_bidder, on Oct 09 2019 - 16:41, said:

When the allies are down by 4+ vehicles, it really makes no sense to continue as the team has lost the battle.  99.9% probability that the team will lose. So why continue? Suicide, crash or drown the tank will allow the player to move onto another

battle.  What WOT needs to provide is a surrender/destroy/self-destruction to allow the player to move onto an battle.  TEAM BATTLES is the operative phrase.

This is the mentality of losing. I was in just such a situation and we won the game.  Not by giving up on ourselves, though.  If you don't believe me, check out ME in the Alecto in the Newcomer's Section under Video of the Day.  I was surprised to see me there, yet there I am.  And we won in just such a situation as you opine.  At one point it was 2 of us against 6.  That's down by 4 at a critical juncture of any match.  We didn't give up.

It doesn't always work, but for the same reason people still Lemming Train Valley in Lakeville, I just don't give up, because it has led to wins in moments I was sure were losses.

OvO

low_bidder #17 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 20:35

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24757 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Oct 10 2019 - 09:45, said:

This is the mentality of losing. I was in just such a situation and we won the game.  Not by giving up on ourselves, though.  If you don't believe me, check out ME in the Alecto in the Newcomer's Section under Video of the Day.  I was surprised to see me there, yet there I am.  And we won in just such a situation as you opine.  At one point it was 2 of us against 6.  That's down by 4 at a critical juncture of any match.  We didn't give up.

It doesn't always work, but for the same reason people still Lemming Train Valley in Lakeville, I just don't give up, because it has led to wins in moments I was sure were losses.

OvO

I'll be smiling when you go down in flames using up all of your consumables.   In the mean time, I'll be playing the next battle.

Edited by low_bidder, Oct 10 2019 - 20:36.

dunniteowl #18 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 21:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

View Postlow_bidder, on Oct 10 2019 - 13:35, said:

I'll be smiling when you go down in flames using up all of your consumables.   In the mean time, I'll be playing the next battle.

Yes, I am sure you will be.  That said, I'll 'burn' consumables to survive, because I can EARN enough credits to burn them without thinking about it.

Why is that?  Because I do burn those units to stay alive, giving me more time to do more damage and kills, thus, maybe winning about 6% more of the time than you do.  More wins is:

More XP

More Credits

More Wins!

More FUN!!

You do you, though and keep holding onto that loser mentality.  I'll be seeing you in my sights soon enough, I'd imagine.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Smooky_Le_chien_husky #19 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 00:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25106 battles
  • [LMFR] LMFR
with the game are turned none want plays much about do another match so i will do same to kill my selft and back in other match seem the game we lose more offten people do just one side and your alone . or your arty other side left all are go all in right . again alone . the team you have are such bad player are not think and play all in his head are mission and rush or the even of sherif . the game not same as old time is so broken . if many suicide or whatever else just of this we are out of fun 

Jasper_Seven #20 Posted Oct 14 2019 - 07:05

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24070 battles

View Postlow_bidder, on Oct 09 2019 - 23:41, said:

I can't tell you how many awesome, never say die, turn around games I've seen.  And those are some of the ones that make this game still worth playing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users