A look back and rememberance of things that were. Hurrican Michael 1 year Anniversary

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

HOTA_CHATON #1 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 16:48

Major

• Players
  • 13584 battles
  • [MSG] MSG

Yes, today, 1 year ago, myself and my family were hunkered down and wondering if we would survive the 3rd worst hurricane in recorded history as were many thousands of others.  I weathered Hurricane Camille as an 8 year old but do not remember a whole lot about it except the terrifying howl of the wind and yet at 63 years of age October 10th, 2018 was one of, if not, the most terrifying days of my life.  Helpless to protect my family, more than I already had and fully knowing that our shelter, though built to withstand this punishment, could be the next to fall as so many did that day.  From about 9:30 AM until about an hour before nightfall, the sights, noise, rain, and flying debris were just nothing short of mind boggling terrifying.  With hysterical family members, especially the small grand children, a daughter that we did know had been admitted to a local hospital facing major surgery but was not with us as duty called, and other family members literally fighting for their lives to also survive this catastrophe, it almost more than my sanity could handle.  I could go on and on detailing what it was like but those of you that have weathered such events, I know you understand so I wont.

The worst is over, the recovery is ongoing but extremely lengthy, and will cost multiple millions of dollars, blood, sweat, and tears or many people who have come and are still here helping us to get back on our feet.  My heart goes out to the many families who's loved ones paid the ultimate price that day and may they never be forgot.  Please take a moment, from your busy day to: Say a prayer, think a thought, wish a wish, or just honor them as this is their day, 

Thanks for your reading this and bless you.  Have a great day and be sure to enjoy it to it's fullest. 

RF_Van #2 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 23:38

Major

• Players
  • 11391 battles

It sounds incredibly challenging, and the emotional aftermath will be with you for the rest of your life. Congratulations to your family on making it through. 

HOTA_CHATON #3 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 00:37

Major

• Players
  • 13584 battles
  • [MSG] MSG
Thanks.  I know I am not the only one, there are others and in other parts of this great nation of ours as well. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users