• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

KRZYBooP #1 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 17:42

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 4109 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

Starting Now (10Oct) and running until 11Oct we are having discounts on Crew training/ re-training, Tier X tanks, and Crew resets. 

Don't let this amazing offer expire like an apple in the sun. 

More information on the Sale can be found HERE

mechanizedmarauder #2 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 18:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29394 battles

Still waiting for some feedback from someone. Anyone. On crew respecialization discount.

Only ever been done once that i know of.

And why is the crew retraining sale so sneaky? Only reason i know is i read the oct preview. Anyone that didnt, and doesnt happen to log in today(y i known they what??) Gets shafted. No ones looking for a thursday sale ffs.

Luv the game. Dont understand the admin.

Thx in advance for any info boop.

enjineer #3 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 19:00

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46282 battles
  • [-CMF-] -CMF-
How about a flash sale on clearing chat bans, lol.

gpc_4 #4 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 19:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 43841 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
Remember when they used to regularly discount things? Good times.

Mr_G0NE #5 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 19:25

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26027 battles
I too was hoping requalification would be on sale.  With the flood of commanders we have been getting from Twitch packages and events recently, I would like to convert some commanders to other positions.

nrnstraswa #6 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 19:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16434 battles
  • [AJ] AJ
Finally a crew training discount!  Thanks WG. 

ZYKLOP_ #7 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 20:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27155 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

Help me remmeber please; does tier 10 ever get better than a 10% discount?

I have several lined up to buy when they are on sale.

Crabalanche #8 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 20:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 56935 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

View PostZYKLOP_, on Oct 10 2019 - 14:27, said:

Help me remmeber please; does tier 10 ever get better than a 10% discount?

I have several lined up to buy when they are on sale.

They used to be %15 percent when the sales were on. They are 30% when it's "on track". I would wait for around Thanksgiving, or Christmas if you can maybe then they will %15 off or more. 

__Neo__ #9 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 06:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10086 battles
  • [_E_] _E_
Doesn't really help to have sales on tier 10's when I have no equipment.  And no I'm not paying full price for that either.  WG doesn't realize they just shoot themselves in the foot with this "no stuff on sale" but once every 6 months stuff.  I have at least 8 tanks unlocked waiting for a sale.  And since no equipment sales I am out on that also.  So guess what?  I haven't had premium account in 2 months?  Why should I?  I can't afford to even equip the tanks I can't afford at full price lol.  So don't need a premium account.  WG look down at your foot, you are bleeding.  I've already blown enough on this game, there is a limit what some will spend on a digital hobby folks.  ;) Especially after the headache these wheeled vehicles have become.  Almost can't plan around those clown cars, ridiculous, and sure can't hit them with the lag+ridiculous rng, but they have .01 accuracy while turning at full speed.

Edited by __Neo__, Oct 11 2019 - 06:35.

Altwar #10 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 06:32

Major

• Players
  • 58567 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View Post__Neo__, on Oct 10 2019 - 21:03, said:

Doesn't really help to have sales on tier 10's when I have no equipment.  And no I'm not paying full price for that either.  WG doesn't realize they just shoot themselves in the foot with this "no stuff on sale" but once every 6 months stuff.  I have at least 8 tanks unlocked waiting for a sale.  And since no equipment sales I am out on that also.  So guess what?  I haven't had premium account in 2 months?  Why should I?  I can't afford to even equip the tanks I can't afford at full price lol.  So don't need a premium account.  WG look down at your foot, you are bleeding.  Your sales tactics don't work they actually drive me to play less ;)  I've already blown enough on this game, there is a limit what some will spend on a digital hobby folks.

I try to buy a few extra pieces of equipment when there's the rare equipment sale, so I usually have at least 2 pieces of the equipment I need to equip a new tank.  Of course that means I plan in advance by playing my premium tanks to make and bank that coin.  For new tier 10s, usually they inherit the tier 9's equipment if I sell it, as I keep a little bit of gold around just for that purpose.  And if I have no gold, I just the equipment is just destroyed which is fine, because I've the extra pieces or I've enough credits to get new equipment without that gold.

To the special:  10% discount (amounts to 610k credits) is a fairly slight discount and doesn't make me want to buy any of the 7 I have unlocked right now.  I've got enough to play as it is and I'm still rebuilding my credit base after that Black Friday event.  I might get the E-50M because at a 30% on-track discount, that's quite significant and worth going for.   

Anyway, what I mean to point out is that planning in advance is the best way to be ready for the times when WGNA has an event like this.  Building a stockpile of credits so that you can really get what you at the time you think it's worth getting is key.  If you'd like to take advantage of the 10% discount and get one of those tier 10s now, why not get it even if you don't have the equipment?   Let it be a garage queen while you save up more credits and then get it when you can, rather than admonishing WGNA for not having an equipment sale in addition to the tier 10 sale?   Or wait for that equipment sale when/if it comes and then complain that there's no vehicles on sale to put it on?   And meanwhile you've missed out on this sale and will have to wait for the next time, if there is one.

Lastly, I'm thanking Wargaming NA right here for the sale.  Even though I'm not taking advantage of it, other players may and that's a good thing.

FunkyMonkey911 #11 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 06:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38474 battles

View Postmechanizedmarauder, on Oct 10 2019 - 09:41, said:

Still waiting for some feedback from someone. Anyone. On crew respecialization discount.

Only ever been done once that i know of.

And why is the crew retraining sale so sneaky? Only reason i know is i read the oct preview. Anyone that didnt, and doesnt happen to log in today(y i known they what??) Gets shafted. No ones looking for a thursday sale ffs.

Luv the game. Dont understand the admin.

Thx in advance for any info boop.

They want you to log in every day!  Codes, flash sales etc.  they want you to be engaged.  I agree that more info the better but it is what it si

__Neo__ #12 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 06:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10086 battles
  • [_E_] _E_

Altwar, I do plan in advance.  But they screwed us out of at LEAST 3 sales we had last year.  Every year is less sales.  Last time I bought 5 of each, rammer optics etc, but that was 6 months ago and I've used them all up.  Same with all consumables, I didn't foresee them screwing us out of every consumable sale in the last 6 months that they happily gave in each year prior.  Like their anniversary, no sales, nothing, had sales every single year before.  Screwed again.  Sick of it.  Not going to let them milk me while they drive others away with their stupid sales tactics of charging more, just makes me play less.  I think that offspring tank is pretty cool and I actually considered buying for a moment, but not blowing any $ when they make me pay full price more.  There is a point I feel you are milking us, and I'm there.  Sad to see you do such stupid things to a game that has so much potential, just killing it with these tactics (oh and wheeled vehicle bs).

Since they won't let me use any other the coupons for gold I have none of that, so blow my silver on training crew and resetting skills, then they completely removed skill training for silver sales like 2 years ago.  Just not happy it truly feels like they are driving anybody that has been here awhile...away.   That song comes to mind "We're not gonna take it, no we aint gonna take it.." you know the rest.

Edited by __Neo__, Oct 11 2019 - 07:06.

Bear_Bones #13 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 12:33

Private

• Players
  • 43662 battles

Been waiting for the half price training for months. Figured it would show up normally as a weekend special. Didn't even log in yesterday. [edited]you WOT!!

65max #14 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 13:05

Private

• -Players-
  • 36568 battles
  • [N1N1] N1N1
anybody actually see this sale or is it just me. I don't see any tank or crew discounts in my garage.

Altwar #15 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 13:40

Major

• Players
  • 58567 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View Post65max, on Oct 11 2019 - 04:05, said:

anybody actually see this sale or is it just me. I don't see any tank or crew discounts in my garage.

It was a one-day deal, hence the 10-10 reference that was mentioned.   Today being 10-11, the deal is over and things are back to normal.

Saint311 #16 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 14:19

Private

• -Players-
  • 6925 battles
I've been waiting for crew retraining/re-skill discounts since I want to come back to the game. I checked the launcher several times throughout the day everyday and even logged in and played a few rounds for the German Tank Rewards stuff. This was not showing up yesterday in the launcher at all.

__Neo__ #17 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 15:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10086 battles
  • [_E_] _E_

View PostSaint311, on Oct 11 2019 - 14:19, said:

I've been waiting for crew retraining/re-skill discounts since I want to come back to the game. I checked the launcher several times throughout the day everyday and even logged in and played a few rounds for the German Tank Rewards stuff. This was not showing up yesterday in the launcher at all.

Well just check back in 6 months to a year, maybe they will decide to have another one.  They just did this so they could say "we put them on sale what are you talking about." 

KalmH2O_1Au #18 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 16:56

Private

• -Players-
  • 43841 battles
  • [1CAN] 1CAN

View PostBear_Bones, on Oct 11 2019 - 12:33, said:

Been waiting for the half price training for months. Figured it would show up normally as a weekend special. Didn't even log in yesterday. [edited]you WOT!!

I 100% agree.  I too waited MONTHS for a 1/2 price crew re-training.  I expected this event to start on Friday like it has been ever since I started playing this game.  INSTEAD...they start this event in a Thursday???  And only for 24 hours???  I found this event timing to be sneaky and I feel disappointed I missed the opportunity to re-train my crews.  So I will wait again a few months for the holidays and get the crews re-trained then.  This event left a bad taste in my mouth... 

Diacom #19 Posted Oct 13 2019 - 01:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31831 battles
  • [MKGGT] MKGGT

View PostKRZYBooP, on Oct 10 2019 - 09:42, said:

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

Starting Now (10Oct) and running until 11Oct we are having discounts on Crew training/ re-training, Tier X tanks, and Crew resets. 

Don't let this amazing offer expire like an apple in the sun. 

More information on the Sale can be found HERE

KRZY,

I refer you to http://forum.worldof...8#entry12271488 .  It appears that perhaps your pal Domo was a bit wrong on the crew training/retraining for credits?

What gives?

N0Tsure #20 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 21:29

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14480 battles
  • [-P-] -P-
I've been waiting months for crew training sale....then PG&E, our Northern California electrical utilty, decided to shut off the power to our 1/2 of the state for four days...and I missed it.....GRRRRRRR>

Also tagged with KRZY, Gold Discount, Crew, Retrain

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users