veteran benefits military military veteran

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

DomoSapien #1 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 18:43

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14981 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Today we're pleased to announce our partnership with ID.me and the launch of our Military Veteran & Personnel benefits program: World of Tanks Salute.

Over the years we've been fortunate enough to partner with so many different military and veteran organizations, museums, historical societies; And we've also been fortunate enough to have a truly unique community of players from various backgrounds, including a very significant portion of our community that's made up of active military personnel and veterans. This definitely rings true when we host player gatherings and meet so many of you amazing folks in person.

That said, active military personnel and veterans can verify their military status through ID.me and link with their Wargaming.net ID's to receive additional benefits for World of Tanks, including special battle missions, special bundles, coupons for discounts in the Premium Shop, a free M4A3E8 Thunderbolt and an absolutely awesome Preset Style, "Days of Glory" that fits on any US vehicle.

For all the details, please check out the article on our news portal or watch the video below.

Or you can head directly over to https://worldoftanks.com/salute

For some additional Help with verifying your/ family member status. 

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/wot-salute-program-announcement/

Edited by KRZYBooP, Oct 11 2019 - 17:01.
adding info

Commodore_Krunk #2 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 18:56

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16400 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-
Wow, thanks WG'ing.

OlTanker #3 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 19:15

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23062 battles

Once verified do we need to do anything else?

Omega_Phase #4 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 19:19

Private

• Players
  • 8492 battles
  • [NAVT] NAVT

Thank you very much wargaming. It does mean a lot when companies recognize service members

OlTanker -- Just follow the site and the tank will be in the garage

My question is the Thunderbolt for Family members. I have just gotten my wife into playing and would love to get that for her. 

DrWho_ #5 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 19:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 26339 battles

Seems to be a fair amount of vets around here so ..... :)

Marine9000 #6 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 19:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 23576 battles
  • [-RH-] -RH-
Thanks WGNA, process is super easy and only took a few minutes.

Confucious #7 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 19:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6939 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

DD214 has our SSN's on it. Not sure if this is a smart move. Lots of data given up.  What do you think? Is this a safe thing to do?

NightmareMk9 #8 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 19:34

Major

• Players
  • 35562 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH
I'm not military, but I would be a little wary about linking my service to a company run in a foreign country.

Sink_Stuff #9 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 19:35

Captain

• Players
  • 15910 battles
I already had the Thunderbolt So I got a special style and a coupon. Thank you. But I am not seeing any missions. Do I need to buy one of the packages in the store to get the missions that are listed?

Vega_3rdTestBot_Regiment #10 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 19:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 31598 battles

This is awesome for us vets and active 

3BDE 4ID

3/29th Field Artillery

Ft Carson Colorado 

DomoSapien #11 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 19:38

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14981 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostOlTanker, on Oct 10 2019 - 12:15, said:

Once verified do we need to do anything else?

As long as you verify through your account management settings, you should be all set!

View PostNightmareMk9, on Oct 10 2019 - 12:34, said:

I'm not military, but I would be a little wary about linking my service to a company run in a foreign country.

It's up to you, of course, but this is purely a Wargaming NA project, and we operate out of Austin, TX. ID.me is a US-based organization that has been doing military status verification for quite some time. 

View PostConfucious, on Oct 10 2019 - 12:31, said:

DD214 has our SSN's on it. Not sure if this is a smart move. Lots of data given up.  What do you think? Is this a safe thing to do?

Wargaming won't have direct access to this information. That's why we're partnering with ID.me, since they are well established and already partner with quite a few military organizations.

Edited by DomoSapien, Oct 10 2019 - 19:43.

BREWUUP #12 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 19:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 70653 battles
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ

Well this is a good start WG.  Love the game ...(except the french clown cars with the Captain America wheels) Served 30 years RNZAF as Air Force Police/ Force Protection and along side US personal in overseas ops.  I see that you have to make a start somewhere but hope to roll it out.  It would be nice to see WG recognition along side serving and retired personnel of all nations who have a passion for this game.

(IGN BREWUUP)

Flight Sergeant (retired)

Desert_Fox_1969 #13 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 19:39

Captain

• -Players-
  • 37200 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
What about veterans from other countries? You know there is something called NATO. 

Sink_Stuff #14 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 19:42

Captain

• Players
  • 15910 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Oct 10 2019 - 18:38, said:

As long as you verify through your account management settings, you should be all set!

It's up to you, of course, but this is purely a Wargaming NA project, and we operate out of Austin, TX. ID.me is a US-based organization that has been doing military status verification for quite some time. 

I did the verification and got the style and a coupon. But I am not getting any missions? Do I have to buy a bundle to get the missions?

DomoSapien #15 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 19:44

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14981 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostDesert_Fox_1969, on Oct 10 2019 - 12:39, said:

What about veterans from other countries? You know there is something called NATO. 

Baby steps. Getting this system set up already involved quite a bit of logistics and was no small feat. If there is existing infrastructure that will allow us to expand this project we are definitely interested in exploring that possibility, but we need to crawl before we can run.

View PostSink_Stuff, on Oct 10 2019 - 12:42, said:

I did the verification and got the style and a coupon. But I am not getting any missions? Do I have to buy a bundle to get the missions?

Good question! Let me poke support and see if they have any insight in that regard. Would you mind submitting a ticketin the meantime for tracking/bug reporting purposes?

EDIT: actually, try closing your game client then reopening and logging back in. That may trigger the missions to show up. If that doesn't do the trick please make sure you submit that ticket but I will do a bit of digging on our end as well.

Edited by DomoSapien, Oct 10 2019 - 19:47.

Sink_Stuff #16 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 19:47

Captain

• Players
  • 15910 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Oct 10 2019 - 18:44, said:

Baby steps. Getting this system set up already involved quite a bit of logistics and was no small feat. If there is existing infrastructure that will allow us to expand this project we are definitely interested in exploring that possibility, but we need to crawl before we can run.

Good question! Let me poke support and see if they have any insight in that regard. Would you mind submitting a ticketin the meantime for tracking/bug reporting purposes?

submitting a ticket right now thank you

(Edit to add) Ticket ID 120089478: Personal Mission

Domosapien

EDIT: actually, try closing your game client then reopening and logging back in. That may trigger the missions to show up. If that doesn't do the trick please make sure you submit that ticket but I will do a bit of digging on our end as well.

Yes i have closed the client and re-opened it many times. I should mention that when I verified my account I was already logged into the game and nothing showed up at all until I restarted the game client. Then, the tank, style, and coupon showed up but not the missions. Best recommendation that i can give for not is to make sure that people are not logged into the game when they verify their account status. I am guessing that is what messed things up on my account. But I don't know of course.

Edited by Sink_Stuff, Oct 10 2019 - 19:59.

MudShark92553 #17 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 19:59

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10169 battles
Thank WG. 

Sink_Stuff #18 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 20:08

Captain

• Players
  • 15910 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Oct 10 2019 - 18:44, said:

Ok everything is fixed now. i am not sure if I fixed it or if support fixed it but here is what i did to try to fix it and it seemed to work. 

1. I had to log out of the website and out of my account and close down the game and the game center.

2. Then, I first relogged into the website. This apparently reset my account privileges

3. Then I opened the wargaming game center and opened the game again. The game re-synched my account and garage and then the missions showed up under the "Other Missions"

However, i did not get any notification that the missions were new. I simply had to once again scroll through all the missions and noticed that they were now there. So, a player will not get a notification sometimes of the new missions, as I did not. Also the player may have to log out of everything, the game, the game center, and the account on the website after veteran service verification and re-log back into everything, website first, in order to get everything to open correctly. 

You do NOT need to purchase anything or activate a code to get these missions. Than you for the help Domosapien.

KaiserWilhelmShatner #19 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 20:12

Major

• Players
  • 16799 battles
  • [PSYCO] PSYCO

I am very uncomfortable submitting anything with my SSN nor will I be willing to hand over my USAA number as I have tens of thousands in stocks and investments thru them to a Belaussian company operating out of Cyprus.

So.....Thanks, but no thanks.

DomoSapien #20 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 20:13

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14981 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostSink_Stuff, on Oct 10 2019 - 12:47, said:

submitting a ticket right now thank you

(Edit to add) Ticket ID 120089478: Personal Mission

Yes i have closed the client and re-opened it many times. I should mention that when I verified my account I was already logged into the game and nothing showed up at all until I restarted the game client. Then, the tank, style, and coupon showed up but not the missions. Best recommendation that i can give for not is to make sure that people are not logged into the game when they verify their account status. I am guessing that is what messed things up on my account. But I don't know of course.

View PostSink_Stuff, on Oct 10 2019 - 13:08, said:

Ok everything is fixed now. i am not sure if I fixed it or if support fixed it but here is what i did to try to fix it and it seemed to work. 

1. I had to log out of the website and out of my account and close down the game and the game center.

2. Then, I first relogged into the website. This apparently reset my account privileges

3. Then I opened the wargaming game center and opened the game again. The game re-synched my account and garage and then the missions showed up under the "Other Missions"

However, i did not get any notification that the missions were new. I simply had to once again scroll through all the missions and noticed that they were now there. So, a player will not get a notification sometimes of the new missions, as I did not. Also the player may have to log out of everything, the game, the game center, and the account on the website after veteran service verification and re-log back into everything, website first, in order to get everything to open correctly. 

You do NOT need to purchase anything or activate a code to get these missions. Than you for the help Domosapien.

I'll pass that info on to customer support and make sure it gets looked at. Thanks!

Edited by DomoSapien, Oct 10 2019 - 20:19.

Also tagged with veteran, benefits, military, military veteran

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users