• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

KRZYBooP #121 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 20:36

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 4135 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postjer2911tx, on Oct 11 2019 - 13:12, said:

How do we create a coupon to use? I'm wanting to try it out on purchasing a bundle.

Thanks

Coupon Benefits:

Additional 10% off anything over $10 (except Gold).
Is valid for all bundles — including those with existing discounts.
Coupon is valid seven (7) days from date of issue.
Coupon is replenished on the following day it's used; the replenish rate is once per day.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/premium-shop/pz-kpfw-2-ausf-j-1019/

Yes but you have to Verify your account with ID.me. Log in/ play a battle, and you should get all the rewards including the coupon. 

DomoSapien #122 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 20:36

Community Coordinator

• -Players-
  • 14984 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostBEAT_HEAT_, on Oct 11 2019 - 12:13, said:

So I verified my account yesterday as Active duty, but I haven’t received any of the benefits yet ie Coupon, tank skin ( already own thunderbolt ) and I can’t buy any of the packs. Do I have to go through a waiting period? 

It should be virtually instant. Please contact customer supportto ensure nothing went wrong during the linking process. It's possible you may have been signed into the wrong Wargaming.net ID when you were linking accounts?

View PostLandsharkJer2911tx, on Oct 11 2019 - 12:57, said:

how do we use the coupon??

Coupon Benefits:

Additional 10% off anything over $10 (except Gold).
Is valid for all bundles — including those with curent discounts.
Coupon is valid seven (7) days from date of issue.
Coupon is replenished on the following day it's used; the replenish rate is once per day.

When you're completing a purchase, in the pop-up window that allows you to select your payment method, there is a category that allows you to select coupons. The coupon should be visible for any eligible item. If the coupon isn't showing up, Customer Support can help you out with that. 

View PostAhijahElGaboor, on Oct 11 2019 - 12:24, said:

Just another USELESS commemoration for ONLY some service members in the military. What about service members in Canada ? Or other countries. Yup, WOT can't see how partial they are for so many of the players on the game and prejudicialy ignore everyone else. Thx.

Please keep in mind that this is the first time we've launched a project like this and we are one of the first (if not THE first) gaming companies to offer such a service. Setting this up was no small feat, we've been working on this project for a year. Yes, it would be amazing if everyone had access to nice things but piloting this program with US military personnel at first is not meant to be an affront to veterans and military personnel from countries other than the United States. We have to crawl before we can run, and we have to run before we can leap.

Considering the player response to WoT Salute has been overwhelmingly positive - I'd say it's a pretty safe assumption that we will be looking to expand the program to include military personnel from other North American nations in due time.

I think it's also worth reiterating in general: This is 100% voluntary - you choose who and which organizations you trust with your information. If you feel that the veteran's benefits program is a way to secretly gather your personal information and sell it to Putin - well, you're wrong, but it's your call because it's your information.

Obviously we have business reasons behind offering this service - Acquisition and Retention. If all goes well, it will motivate veterans and military personnel to sign up for World of Tanks, and it will make existing World of Tanks players feel appreciated and hopefully motivate them to stick around.

On top of that, it comes with the added bonus of showing our unique community of players that we care about them and appreciate their business.

RoadKill1941 #123 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 20:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13314 battles
I was verified in 2018 by ID.me. When I follow the instructions you provided it tells me that something is wrong and I may have registered previously. Help! I want my tank!

DomoSapien #124 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 20:58

Community Coordinator

• -Players-
  • 14984 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostRoadKill1941, on Oct 11 2019 - 13:47, said:

I was verified in 2018 by ID.me. When I follow the instructions you provided it tells me that something is wrong and I may have registered previously. Help! I want my tank!

Please contact ID.me's Customer Support team! They should be able to help you figure out your old login credentials for their website. Then you'll just need to make sure this new account you created is unbound from your Wargaming.net ID through your account settings in the top right corner of our website, and link the existing ID.me account you registered in 2018.

RGINBC #125 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 21:14

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25819 battles
  • [-A-8-] -A-8-

As a 20 yr Canadian Veteran I want to say thank you to Wargamming for this initiative.   It is certainly appreciated, whether Canada, UK, Aussie, NATO or whoever is not currently included.  I think this is a great way to show our Veteran Brotherhood appreciation.  I didn't serve to ask for any discount, from anyone or anywhere,  If and when it is offered to any member that has served.  I dont care what nationality, I have served along side many,  They are my brothers and sisters and a Thank you to them is a thank you to me.  

Fact is they dont have to offer anything to anyone, and it is voluntary to receive.  Bravo Zulu  Wargamming.  

Now more importantly.....When is the Canadian Tech Tree coming …….Thank you

RoadKill1941 #126 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 21:22

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13314 battles
Thank you DomoSapien. On it.

aFauxPawn #127 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 21:53

Private

• -Players-
  • 989 battles
Hi.  I'm not military but my father is a retired Marine.  How do i take advantage of the military family benefit?

DomoSapien #128 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 22:03

Community Coordinator

• -Players-
  • 14984 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostaFauxPawn, on Oct 11 2019 - 14:53, said:

Hi.  I'm not military but my father is a retired Marine.  How do i take advantage of the military family benefit?

This article should help you figure out what affiliation to select during the registration process

https://help.id.me/hc/en-us/articles/202033450-Which-affiliation-should-I-select-

essentially you go through this process: https://help.id.me/hc/en-us/articles/204456674-How-do-I-verify-my-military-service-

but make sure you select the correct affiliation when doing so.

screng #129 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 22:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18627 battles
  • [_SACK] _SACK

View PostIrishman, on Oct 11 2019 - 07:11, said:

I'm sorry, I don't have USAA and I'm not giving out my SSN. Seems rich for identity theft to me.

QMC(SS)

USN (Ret).

If you plan on opening a bank account, get a credit card, buy a house, apply for a job, you will probably have to. 

screng #130 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 23:00

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18627 battles
  • [_SACK] _SACK

View PostDomoSapien, on Oct 11 2019 - 15:03, said:

This article should help you figure out what affiliation to select during the registration process

https://help.id.me/hc/en-us/articles/202033450-Which-affiliation-should-I-select-

essentially you go through this process: https://help.id.me/hc/en-us/articles/204456674-How-do-I-verify-my-military-service-

but make sure you select the correct affiliation when doing so.

After going the USAA route and hitting a dead end, I am in contact with ID.me support, and YES they do have a Military Family option!  Unfortunately since I already had a student account, there is a snag in their system, but so far cust svc at ID.me has been great, and i have sent off another email - they replied super fast to the first with clear instructions.  It is not obvious but clear once you start - you (as a son/child/spouse) click to add a Military ID as if you were the Vet.  very early on, it will have a drop down and you can select Military Family not Military, simple.  You will need all the proof that originally got your dad registered (dd214 in our case), not just their email or something, the full banana.  Their system is pretty quick and easy, other than this snag that it is getting confused that I already have an account for my college and my dad is already registered as Navy viet nam vet. 

But like i said, cust svc has been really fast and clear so far and I have high hopes.  All youll need is your parents DD 214 and about 5 minutes with ID.me, the #1 verification system for students, teachers, nurses, first responders, US govt employees, and military (active or retired or **currently in ROTC**)

EDIT - as a child of a military active duty or retired, you must be at least age 18, which i found a bit odd.  

Edited by screng, Oct 11 2019 - 23:01.

screng #131 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 23:13

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18627 battles
  • [_SACK] _SACK

Well bad news, their cust svc says that either the vet or the family member can be registered.  Their system cant handle the concept of a dd214 being used twice, even if for different roles. Source - a very friendly guy named 

Santiago

Member Support Associate
ID.me, Inc.

MakeRDDTGreatAgain #132 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 00:22

Private

• Players
  • 31805 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
I get that there is no gold compensation. One of the bundles has a few tanks I want. Is there any credit compensation instead of gold compensation?

Flagyl #133 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 00:35

Private

• Players
  • 29845 battles

Are you kidding? I am not going to provide some unknown third party with my social security information just to have some free digital game content.  Even Oakley's SI program allows a direct upload of redacted military documents without asking for sensitive information.

MAJOR. FAIL.

screng #134 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 00:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18627 battles
  • [_SACK] _SACK

View PostFlagyl, on Oct 11 2019 - 17:35, said:

Are you kidding? I am not going to provide some unknown third party with my social security information just to have some free digital game content.  Even Oakley's SI program allows a direct upload of redacted military documents without asking for sensitive information.

MAJOR. FAIL.

ID.me is not an unknown third party.  

WileyCat #135 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 00:45

Major

• Players
  • 31205 battles

such a scam lets just oh idk go through government records and ask for peoples fking ssn's to verify they didnt lie about being in the us army 5 years late father was in the big red one in desert storm how the fk do you ask a dead person their ssn or recover files that were burned and probly ashes by now at his request im not about to file paperwork to get copy's to feul an online addiction 

Edited by WileyCat, Oct 12 2019 - 00:54.

WileyCat #136 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 00:46

Major

• Players
  • 31205 battles

View PostFlagyl, on Oct 11 2019 - 17:35, said:

MAJOR. FAIL.

yup your not the only one im not about to give an oversea's company sensitive information through a 3rd party 

Edited by WileyCat, Oct 12 2019 - 00:47.

screng #137 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 00:51

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18627 battles
  • [_SACK] _SACK

View PostWileyCat, on Oct 11 2019 - 17:46, said:

yup your not the only one im not about to give an oversea's company sensitive information through a 3rd party 

The VA is not russian, it is american.  If you served in Putins army, you are not eligible sorry comrade

WileyCat #138 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 00:52

Major

• Players
  • 31205 battles

View Postscreng, on Oct 11 2019 - 17:51, said:

The VA is not russian, it is american.  If you served in Putins army, you are not eligible sorry comrade

being 15 must be nice first giveaway was using putins army and comrade in the same meme yikes dude all trolling aside their system is garbage

Edited by WileyCat, Oct 12 2019 - 00:56.

SystemRename177180002 #139 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 00:56

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8 battles

View PostKaiserWilhelmShatner, on Oct 10 2019 - 14:12, said:

I am very uncomfortable submitting anything with my SSN nor will I be willing to hand over my USAA number as I have tens of thousands in stocks and investments thru them to a Belaussian company operating out of Cyprus.

So.....Thanks, but no thanks.

Then why post here?Move along please

Hightown3 #140 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 00:58

Private

• -Players-
  • 18821 battles
  • [STNGR] STNGR

Pardon Me but, what about Canadian Military Members and Veterans?

You know, NORAD, ISAF, Korean War, WWI/WWII Allied and NATO partners. Just to name a few partnerships.

We are also part of North America.

We also play WoT.

Also tagged with veteran, benefits, military, military veteran

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users