veteran benefits military military veteran

• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

_Veteran_USArmyTanker19E #181 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 21:13

Private

• -Players-
  • 11823 battles
  • [VETO] VETO

Thanks WOT! I already had the Thunderbolt, yet appreciate the other offers and as former real US Army Tanker, thank you  for recognizing those who served. I would like to mention to those "scared" to link their account... ID.me is the one that verifies service and keeps your information. WOT does not! They just find out if you served or not by a trusted verifier. If there are any vets looking for a great vet / active military only clan in World of Tanks, message me "Tanker19E" with VETO clan (Veterans Only). We have a great clan of vets and current active military. 

https://na.wargaming.net/clans/wot/1000053729/?utm_source=global-nav&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=wot-portal

Schwerer_Konigstiger #182 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 22:15

Private

• Players
  • 4183 battles

View PostThe_Chieftain, on Oct 11 2019 - 02:36, said:

Console are not partaking in this. This has been a WoT PC NA push. (It  started as a Chieftain push, but the rest of the NA PC office got aboard and put the whole thing together). We'll see if the other projects follow our lead.

Guys,  if you're a vet, there's obviously no obligation for you to sign up.  If you're that paranoid about how your IP address can be linked to once having been in the military, we certainly aren't going to force you. Forced thanks are not particularly polite.

As for the rest, there are three major service-verification third parties out there in the US. Used by anyone from Home Depot to United Airlines to Sirius XM Radio. ID.me is one of these three, they're based out of Virginia. I've been using them for years, and no OPSEC briefing has said that they are a risk. Personal choice, but me, I'm happy enough giving my last four in order to get USAA insurance rates, 50% off rifle optics, 10% off airplane tickets and all the rest.... and now we get  to add bennies from Wargaming.

Non-USians. We obviously are going to have enough kinks in this to work out over the next while with just the US servicemen. We started there as the largest block, and because there is already an extremely well-established system for service verification online. We know the Canadians have the CF-One system, which seems to provide a reasonably simple verification possibility, but investigations with other countries South of the US border seem not to have an easy equivalent. We do hope to expand, but let's sort out the immediate problems first (Such as the veterans' forum access, which probably will be a week before people actually start seeing it), and we can worry about expansion later.

I'm going to leave this here as an Active-Duty CAF member - ID.me supports all forms of Canadian Military ID. I know this, I have bought stuff using my mil ID verified by them online.

Hammaneggs #183 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 22:18

Captain

• Players
  • 21393 battles
  • [SAKE] SAKE
This is quite a neat little nod! My dad found out that he was eligible for VA just a couple years back, as he previously thought he wasn't due to some hoops he had to jump through because of where/what he worked at/on. He himself doesn't use the computer, but it's nice to see that "family of" is also an option. I generally am reluctant to claim this sort of stuff since I myself am not the one who has served, but jumped on board when I saw that bit. My mom gets some sort of online newsletter from VA, which was where I heard about id.me. It looks like you can get a bunch of little discounts, and even a selection of free Steam games to the first however-many who claim them.

Harvester_0f_Sorrow #184 Posted Oct 13 2019 - 00:58

Captain

• Players
  • 29603 battles

View PostRGINBC, on Oct 11 2019 - 12:14, said:

As a 20 yr Canadian Veteran I want to say thank you to Wargamming for this initiative.   It is certainly appreciated, whether Canada, UK, Aussie, NATO or whoever is not currently included.  I think this is a great way to show our Veteran Brotherhood appreciation.  I didn't serve to ask for any discount, from anyone or anywhere,  If and when it is offered to any member that has served.  I dont care what nationality, I have served along side many,  They are my brothers and sisters and a Thank you to them is a thank you to me.

Fact is they dont have to offer anything to anyone, and it is voluntary to receive.  Bravo Zulu  Wargamming.

Now more importantly.....When is the Canadian Tech Tree coming …….Thank you

I asked this years ago and apparently we are not worthy, just like this Veteran program. A Canadian tech tree might me messed up but we would still appreciate it. I just read that we had frickin wheely tanks and so did the mercans. Crazy tech tree fo sho. lol topping it all off with leopard1

Edited by Harvester_0f_Sorrow, Oct 13 2019 - 07:02.

RoadKill1941 #185 Posted Oct 13 2019 - 02:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13229 battles
Hammandeggs - Don't sell yourself short. You may not have served but military families pay a price in many ways. Go for the discounts. If businesses didn't want you to have them they wouldn't offer them.

OuT_tO_LuNcH #186 Posted Oct 13 2019 - 02:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24958 battles
  • [CDNAF] CDNAF
Since this is a North American Server... perhaps you should have included your brothers and sisters to the north.. after all.... a lot of us have served together in those nice inhospitable places in the world.... RCAF Forever...

anonym_q70GpBnrYfre #187 Posted Oct 13 2019 - 02:59

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
I'm verified but the tank is not in my garage. I did everything right.

waddyscrodmonger #188 Posted Oct 13 2019 - 09:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 57831 battles

Thanks, WG!

View PostSlopymoosnukle_1, on Oct 13 2019 - 02:59, said:

Log out, log back on, then it should be in your garage.

Edited by waddyscrodmonger, Oct 13 2019 - 09:28.

HE_Bomber #189 Posted Oct 13 2019 - 12:34

Private

• Players
  • 56304 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

I am a vet but giving my ssn on this site is not something I want to do. I don't care if you think it is safe. This is how identity thieves  get your info. So if you know how I can get the rewards without giving my ssn then contact me. There has to be another way to do it.

Thanks.

HE_Bomber #190 Posted Oct 13 2019 - 12:47

Private

• Players
  • 56304 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER
Another thing if Equifax can be hacked then what makes you think ID me can"t

duncan_shifflett #191 Posted Oct 13 2019 - 21:57

Private

• -Players-
  • 665 battles
  • [SHRA] SHRA
Why is it asking for my social security?

tod914 #192 Posted Oct 14 2019 - 01:29

Major

• Players
  • 65437 battles

View PostHE_Bomber, on Oct 13 2019 - 06:47, said:

Another thing if Equifax can be hacked then what makes you think ID me can"t

I have a letter from DOD from the early 90s stating there was a security breach on personnel records.  Nothing ever came of it.  

Couple quick questions. 

At what point did the Army personnel records go digital?  1982 - 1994  Active Army, Reserve and NG.

My ID has my SSN on it.  I believe the DD 214 does as well.  Haven't looked at in a long time. 

Been with USAA since 86 or so.

Pondering whether or not to set up and ID.me account. 

"If you read the bottom it says "You can remove this access at any time by changing your ID.me account settings." Simply put you remove all access wargaming can get to the info you posted."

Once the link is broken to Wargaming, do the Wargaming benefits cease?

Thanks.

Edited by tod914, Oct 14 2019 - 05:13.

HTTR4Life #193 Posted Oct 14 2019 - 03:57

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35894 battles
  • [FMBB] FMBB

View PostKRZYBooP, on Oct 10 2019 - 14:52, said:

You don't need to buy anything for the missions to show up. They are in the "Other Missions" Tab

Go Through ID.me and check. The limits are "Did you serve Past 1985." It never hurts to try. If you already have  a USAA account then it's even easier. 

People can fake ID's. The VA ID card isn't that hard to duplicate. 

Wargaming receives no information from ID.me other than. "yes they served, or NOPPPPEEEEEEE!" 

Other Veteran's and myself have completed this. We wouldn't send you out to find 50 feet of Flight line, or a compass drain kit to get the bubble out of compass, or make you take an Exhaust sample. 

If you don't wanna do it I understand, but I can assure you that your personal data is not being shared to WG from ID.me

You forget to send them to supply to get a box of Grid Squares or some B A double L ONS Batteries.........

KRZYBooP #194 Posted Oct 14 2019 - 21:19

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 4127 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostHarvester_0f_Sorrow, on Oct 12 2019 - 17:58, said:

I asked this years ago and apparently we are not worthy, just like this Veteran program. A Canadian tech tree might me messed up but we would still appreciate it. I just read that we had frickin wheely tanks and so did the mercans. Crazy tech tree fo sho. lol topping it all off with leopard1

View PostOuT_tO_LuNcH, on Oct 12 2019 - 19:40, said:

Since this is a North American Server... perhaps you should have included your brothers and sisters to the north.. after all.... a lot of us have served together in those nice inhospitable places in the world.... RCAF Forever...

At this time the WoT salute is just a trial with US military being the first up. Expanding the program to include more is still a possibility along with other amazing stuff that I can't talk about. 

View PostSlopymoosnukle_1, on Oct 12 2019 - 19:59, said:

Try the following:

Play a battle

Log out then back in

Submit a ticket if those two don't work. 

View PostHE_Bomber, on Oct 13 2019 - 05:34, said:

I am a vet but giving my ssn on this site is not something I want to do. I don't care if you think it is safe. This is how identity thieves  get your info. So if you know how I can get the rewards without giving my ssn then contact me. There has to be another way to do it.

Thanks.

View Postduncan_shifflett, on Oct 13 2019 - 14:57, said:

Why is it asking for my social security?

It's asking for you SSN to verify your Veteran status. ID.me is used by the VA hospital network and WG doesn't see any SSN's.

There is an option to us USAA in which they only ask for your last four. 

The first pic is from ID.me website showing that we don't get your SSN. The second pic is what our employee's on the back end. 

View PostHTTR4Life, on Oct 13 2019 - 20:57, said:

You forget to send them to supply to get a box of Grid Squares or some B A double L ONS Batteries.........

I was speaking from my personal experience, but I would have fell for the Battery one. 

Just like the ID-10T Form. 

Edited by KRZYBooP, Oct 14 2019 - 21:19.

CCPops #195 Posted Oct 15 2019 - 02:51

Private

• Players
  • 14456 battles

View PostThe_Chieftain, on Oct 12 2019 - 03:25, said:

ok, you seem to be the second person saying this. I am looking to grab a screenshot and ask our contact in ID.me why this shows up, given we do not receive that lot. However, damned if I can find that particular verbiage, can you screen grab it, or at least tell me exactly where you are seeing it, please?

Obviously I don't post much on the forum, and maybe this is why it doesn't let me share the image or even reference a link through the photo option (I get an error message when I try).  You can view the screenshot here:   https://imgur.com/7rTOgB5

Mysterious_one_1 #196 Posted Oct 15 2019 - 19:52

Private

• -Players-
  • 85 battles
So I've registered and I was wondering cause I have WoT on PC and xbox one but I am much farther into all the tech trees on xbox. But will this affect my xbox account. Like will i receive the benefits on xbox or is this PC only.

Edited by Mysterious_one_1, Oct 15 2019 - 19:57.

ArmoredCorps #197 Posted Oct 15 2019 - 19:57

Major

• Players
  • 59101 battles
  • [REL2] REL2
[edited]it, shut up and take my money. 

killanut86 #198 Posted Oct 16 2019 - 02:07

Private

• Players
  • 20093 battles

i verified and everything but its not letting me get anything.

SgtDiesel #199 Posted Oct 16 2019 - 03:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6014 battles
  • [GOLB] GOLB

View PostSink_Stuff, on Oct 10 2019 - 13:08, said:

Ok everything is fixed now. i am not sure if I fixed it or if support fixed it but here is what i did to try to fix it and it seemed to work. 

1. I had to log out of the website and out of my account and close down the game and the game center.

2. Then, I first relogged into the website. This apparently reset my account privileges

3. Then I opened the wargaming game center and opened the game again. The game re-synched my account and garage and then the missions showed up under the "Other Missions"

However, i did not get any notification that the missions were new. I simply had to once again scroll through all the missions and noticed that they were now there. So, a player will not get a notification sometimes of the new missions, as I did not. Also the player may have to log out of everything, the game, the game center, and the account on the website after veteran service verification and re-log back into everything, website first, in order to get everything to open correctly. 

You do NOT need to purchase anything or activate a code to get these missions. Than you for the help Domosapien.

Logged in to WoT, no Salute.  Tried a few days later, nothing.  Logged into WoWS, get Salute.  WoT still nothing.

Do what sink_stuff said above, logged into WoT, got Salute. 

Thanks!

19Kilo_3_7INF #200 Posted Oct 16 2019 - 06:41

Private

• -Players-
  • 1206 battles

Thanks World of tanks team!! It is a nice warm welcome back. The M4 thunderbolt is rad!! 

Keep Rock'in the Heavy Medal.

One of the U.S. Army's few Infantry tankers!!

U.S. Army 3-7 M1A1 AIMS crewmen, M249 gunner on foot and on the 50 in the humvee.

Also tagged with veteran, benefits, military, military veteran

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users