• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

DomoSapien #41 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 21:27

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14859 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostLtChard, on Oct 10 2019 - 13:37, said:

I've been out of the miltary since the late 80's and have no know idea where my old id is anymore.Since I was NG I don't know if I count anyway.

If you can't find your old military ID, I've been told that ID.me's Customer Support team might be able to help you out by providing some alternative options.

Sink_Stuff #42 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 21:33

Captain

• Players
  • 15532 battles

wow. 2X crew xp 10 times a day, every day until January for any American premium tank.

1.5x 10 times a day until January on any tier 9 or 10 tank. Every day. No win condition either.

1.2x 10 times a day for tier 2-8. 

I mean this is so friggen awesome man. Like most veterans on the NA server, I obviously already unlocked a lot of US tanks. But this certainly will help TONS for the tanks I didn't unlock or the ones that I am not that good at like the TD's and Arty. Now I too will finally start getting an E3 or E4 and the tier 10 American arty.

Sorry to bother the employees, but this all urges me to ask the obvious question. Are we getting more tank lines for the US any time soon? Another medium line? Another heavy line? Because man oh man these missions are sweet. I'm going to unlock the entire American tech tree because of this. 

Thank you so much. My brother always buggs me and says, "So what new American tank do you have now?" (he's a veteran too). And whenever I say, "I'm working on a Russian or French tank", he always, always comes back and says, "I only play American tanks and ships"! And that is the way a few veterans that I have met are like. He ONLY has American ships on his WOWS account and refuses to ever have any other nation. He even sold the free tier 1's from the other nations. Claimed he would have to scrub down his port now since they were allowed in. Now I'm not like that, I play whatever is good. But I do have to admit, and I can't help it, that I do want to play the American tanks over the other lines and it does get to me some that the E5 isn't a great tank. I can't help it.

So are we getting more American lines soon?

Edited by Sink_Stuff, Oct 10 2019 - 21:34.

lordpelvis #43 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 21:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 42189 battles
  • [SMAX] SMAX
This is great....thanks wargaming

Jas0n74 #44 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 22:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5769 battles
  • [GNZX3] GNZX3

View PostOagr_Patch, on Oct 10 2019 - 14:00, said:

C'mon man... I've shared the link to the site you sent us to, I've already double-checked it and triple checked it... maybe my PC needs some spray squelch, or maybe I have a soft spot in my armor I need you to go put an X on with the chalk... but the link WG sent asks for SSN... https://verify.id.me/en/9c01595a342f47328ef51a730beee5f0/military  

Okay, you guys are all right with putting your SSN out there, good on ya.  I'm not, and I'm not being derogatory toward anyone that is (unlike the responses I've been getting here), I'm just asking for an option as a Vet who enjoys playing the game who doesn't want to have to give out his SSN or info for my USAA account to get some cool pixels for my screen.

I don't have a VA card, I have a military ID card... and I don't think they're easy to duplicate (edited).

I'm a vet too brother. I did it with my USAA info. All I had to put in was last 4 of SSN and that I had a USAA account. No account info/numbers/ect. was required.  

highex #45 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 22:11

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24318 battles
  • [HLBL] HLBL

so, there are bbb complaints and websites with caution.

google is your friend.

great idea.......no thanks

kebab6597 #46 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 22:33

Major

• Players
  • 58303 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Thanks for this WG I can understand why your unable to roll this out to vets outside the USA but like you say baby steps, maybe one day

LandsharkJer2911tx #47 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 22:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 20545 battles

i stopped playing back in 2014 after too much frustration with matchmaker.

just came back & started playing with my brother & nephew again.

seems like they've tried to make some matchmaker adjustments to even out the tank types & tiers (no idea why they don't put any effort into minimizing blowouts by at least attempting to take player rating into account, if not wn8).

it looks like you can only verify veteran status on one account.

since i'm a bit rusty on some new tanks & maps & it seems like half of each team is camping tds, i'm mainly playing on a spare account so i don't tank my stats on my main account.

that means i'm actually ending up buying most premium shop packages twice, one for each account (mainly because I am bummed that i just missed buying the tier 8 skorpion g in the premium shop since i started playing again right after the window closed to buy it recently & don't want to regret not getting what i can while it's available).

is there any way to buy a WOT Salute package on the main account and on the spare account?

I already have most of the tanks on both accounts, but there are over a half-dozen i don't have, so i was wanting to get a package on each account to play those tanks to get back up to speed.

EDIT: FYI for people not wanting to share their SSN over the internet, wargaming is using a legit 3rd party verification system that specializes in verifying/authenticating veteran status by matching data other than your SSN.I

Edited by LandsharkJer2911tx, Oct 10 2019 - 22:45.

TenThousandBabYs #48 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 22:51

Private

• -Players-
  • 1319 battles
Hello, I'm a veteran and was wondering if this would be coming to the console version? I don't play this on PC anymore

Harvester_0f_Sorrow #49 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 23:32

Captain

• Players
  • 28745 battles
What a rip!!! Only US vets and members [edited]off

Florida_Man_ #50 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 23:34

Private

• Players
  • 6136 battles
  • [SOFW] SOFW
Recommend NOT to provide any personal details, or SS people. Use your head.

bad_73 #51 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 23:36

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1513 battles

View PostConfucious, on Oct 10 2019 - 19:31, said:

DD214 has our SSN's on it. Not sure if this is a smart move. Lots of data given up.  What do you think? Is this a safe thing to do?

It becomes clear now...lol..sure give the belarussians your social insurance number....sheesh...peeps are that dumb?

JesusDrivesMyTank #52 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 23:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37845 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View PostEnzo_Amore, on Oct 10 2019 - 17:17, said:

Yeah this would not fly anywhere else but in Dumb[edited]istan.

And timing is perfect, just as you yanks abandon the Kurds to get slaughtered, priceless timing is priceless.

It okay, you killed babies but have a free tank by giving a company run from an enemy state your military details!!!!

That baby killer remark is uncalled for brother.  It's a hard thing to take a life, I know first hand. It's even harder to watch the life leave a buddy as he cries out for his mother and to God. I think you owe a lot of people an apology, I will pray for you.

Edited by JesusDrivesMyTank, Oct 10 2019 - 23:40.

JesusDrivesMyTank #53 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 23:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37845 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View PostHarvester_0f_Sorrow, on Oct 10 2019 - 17:32, said:

You should be happy you have your freedom and the right to complain. Your welcome by the way.

DaddyG11122010 #54 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 00:05

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
  • [USMCA] USMCA
I'm curious if Wargaming plans on doing this for on WoTC as well. I know many players in console that are either vets or currently active duty, since  of which are CCs as well.

bruceumbere #55 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 00:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 20962 battles
  • [REQ] REQ
I was able to verify my military status easy enough but when I went to allow wargaming access I got an error message about login error or something. I have logged out if everything from the wargaming website to the game and game center and still dont have the thunderbolt in my garage.

Thanks in advance

SKlTTLES #56 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 00:14

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7116 battles
Are you guys going to expand this so that Canadian and Mexican veterans will also be included?

SKlTTLES #57 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 00:17

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7116 battles

View PostJesusDrivesMyTank, on Oct 10 2019 - 17:42, said:

You should be happy you have your freedom and the right to complain. Your welcome by the way.

Did you stop to think maybe he's a Canadian veteran? Canadians have a Military...

KRZYBooP #58 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 00:23

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3975 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostLandsharkJer2911tx, on Oct 10 2019 - 15:39, said:

i stopped playing back in 2014 after too much frustration with matchmaker.

just came back & started playing with my brother & nephew again.

seems like they've tried to make some matchmaker adjustments to even out the tank types & tiers (no idea why they don't put any effort into minimizing blowouts by at least attempting to take player rating into account, if not wn8).

it looks like you can only verify veteran status on one account.

since i'm a bit rusty on some new tanks & maps & it seems like half of each team is camping tds, i'm mainly playing on a spare account so i don't tank my stats on my main account.

that means i'm actually ending up buying most premium shop packages twice, one for each account (mainly because I am bummed that i just missed buying the tier 8 skorpion g in the premium shop since i started playing again right after the window closed to buy it recently & don't want to regret not getting what i can while it's available).

is there any way to buy a WOT Salute package on the main account and on the spare account?

I already have most of the tanks on both accounts, but there are over a half-dozen i don't have, so i was wanting to get a package on each account to play those tanks to get back up to speed.

EDIT: FYI for people not wanting to share their SSN over the internet, wargaming is using a legit 3rd party verification system that specializes in verifying/authenticating veteran status by matching data other than your SSN.I

There is not a way to buy this Package.

View PostTenThousandBabYs, on Oct 10 2019 - 15:51, said:

Hello, I'm a veteran and was wondering if this would be coming to the console version? I don't play this on PC anymore

Our Console team might have something planned, but we currently don't have that information available.

View PostEnzo_Amore, on Oct 10 2019 - 16:17, said:

Yeah this would not fly anywhere else but in Dumb[edited]istan.

And timing is perfect, just as you yanks abandon the Kurds to get slaughtered, priceless timing is priceless.

It okay, you killed babies but have a free tank by giving a company run from an enemy state your military details!!!!

Ummmmmm. This is a video game forum which is run from NA. The companies HQ is in Cyprus, and not in an enemy country.

View PostHarvester_0f_Sorrow, on Oct 10 2019 - 16:32, said:

At this time yes it's only for US vets, and service members. However, this doesn't mean it won't open up in the future.

View PostFlorida_Man_, on Oct 10 2019 - 16:34, said:

Recommend NOT to provide any personal details, or SS people. Use your head.

View Postbad_73, on Oct 10 2019 - 16:36, said:

It becomes clear now...lol..sure give the belarussians your social insurance number....sheesh...peeps are that dumb?

View PostJesusDrivesMyTank, on Oct 10 2019 - 16:39, said:

That baby killer remark is uncalled for brother.  It's a hard thing to take a life, I know first hand. It's even harder to watch the life leave a buddy as he cries out for his mother and to God. I think you owe a lot of people an apology, I will pray for you.

As I said earlier in the thread. WG doesn't get to see any of your private information from ID.me

Wargaming links you to a third party website that offers discounts to Veterans once they Verity through ID.me.

The only information shared with WG is Yes or No this person served in the military. There is an USAA verfication option that only asks for your last four.

TLDR: This isn't a trap. This website is Legitimate. WG is partnering with ID.me and doesn't see any SS numbers.

KRZYBooP #59 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 00:26

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3975 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postbruceumbere, on Oct 10 2019 - 17:07, said:

I was able to verify my military status easy enough but when I went to allow wargaming access I got an error message about login error or something. I have logged out if everything from the wargaming website to the game and game center and still dont have the thunderbolt in my garage.

Thanks in advance

If you have mods, I recommend disabling them and trying again. Once you verify you should see in your account management the date under/next ID.me on the right column.

If you are still have issues after doing those steps please submit a ticket to our support team for assistance.

Big_Happy #60 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 00:30

Private

• Players
  • 33952 battles
  • [H1N1] H1N1

While the sentiment will be well received, identifying yourself as current or previous member of the military to a game that comes from Russia and subject to anything that the developers are told to do by organizations that are not in the private sector, probably isn't a good idea at any level.

If I was a member of Putins government, I'd be slobbering all over myself to be able to use this vector to identify foreign military members for data mining, and at the prospect of having the ability to compromise development code being ran on computers owned by those people.

WoT is fun and I support the fun, but anything other than being a user acccount is pretty dumb.   

Also tagged with veteran, benefits, military, military veteran

73 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 73 guests, 0 anonymous users