Jump to content


Question about World of Tanks Salute Benefits (Family Members)


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

PanzerXO #1 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 19:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 13255 battles
  • 2,065
  • Member since:
    05-23-2012

The event offers two - apparent - benefits: one for the Vet and one for Family Members.

.

Is the "Family Member" considered a different potential customer (if both the Vet and a Family Member play WOT)?

 

What if I am the vet (and I want a free tonk), and my son (family member) also wants a tonk.  Is there any way for him, as a Family Member to get the benefit on his own, unique account?  Or is it one (choose) per account with the IDMe tag?


Edited by PanzerXO, Oct 10 2019 - 19:41.


Desert_Fox_1969 #2 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 19:50

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 36012 battles
  • 1,561
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    12-22-2013
Send Domo a message. Pretty sure he can answer it

PanzerXO #3 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 19:53

    Major

  • Players
  • 13255 battles
  • 2,065
  • Member since:
    05-23-2012

View PostDesert_Fox_1969, on Oct 10 2019 - 13:50, said:

Send Domo a message. Pretty sure he can answer it


Really?  I don't normally PM the Mods.  Is he okay with that stuff?



Desert_Fox_1969 #4 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 19:57

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 36012 battles
  • 1,561
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    12-22-2013
Yes :)

Dhizi #5 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 20:47

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 5193 battles
  • 1,402
  • Member since:
    01-21-2016

View PostPanzerXO, on Oct 10 2019 - 13:53, said:


Really?  I don't normally PM the Mods.  Is he okay with that stuff?


Mods are always happy to help anyone they can. I wish I could provide you further info, even as a Veteran and with my info confirmed, i'm unsure if the 'family member' would also be able to apply for the free Thunderbolt and camo alongside it.



Reichmonk #6 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 20:55

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 28262 battles
  • 126
  • Member since:
    02-13-2013
The way I understood, you can only use IDme tag once, then it gets locked into that account.

wganz_87 #7 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 20:59

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 53943 battles
  • 230
  • [CLASS] CLASS
  • Member since:
    02-05-2015

View PostPanzerXO, on Oct 10 2019 - 12:53, said:

Really?  I don't normally PM the Mods.  Is he okay with that stuff?

Would you mind posting his response so we don't spam his folder with 87 emails on the same topic? 

 

Could I have as my free stronk tonk the same tank I had at Fort Polk in 3/70th Armor? :trollface:

 

 

To all the nitpickers out there. Yes, 3/19th FA had 113a1's for the FIST Chiefs. Captain Anderson had me in the XO's blade tank since the XO wasn't up with the maneuver platoons and he said that the M60a1 was a lot more survivable than a 113a1 plus he was a lot less likely to lose his FO. 



PanzerXO #8 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 21:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 13255 battles
  • 2,065
  • Member since:
    05-23-2012

View Postwganz_87, on Oct 10 2019 - 14:59, said:

Would you mind posting his response so we don't spam his folder with 87 emails on the same topic? 

 

Could I have as my free stronk tonk the same tank I had at Fort Polk in 3/70th Armor? :trollface:

 

 

To all the nitpickers out there. Yes, 3/19th FA had 113a1's for the FIST Chiefs. Captain Anderson had me in the XO's blade tank since the XO wasn't up with the maneuver platoons and he said that the M60a1 was a lot more survivable than a 113a1 plus he was a lot less likely to lose his FO. 

Sure.  I linked the thread - so hopefully it will be addressed to the community 



Guido1212 #9 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 21:14

    Community Contributor

  • Players
  • 81554 battles
  • 8,864
  • [GFLC] GFLC
  • Member since:
    06-11-2011

View PostPanzerXO, on Oct 10 2019 - 18:32, said:

The event offers two - apparent - benefits: one for the Vet and one for Family Members.

.

Is the "Family Member" considered a different potential customer (if both the Vet and a Family Member play WOT)?

 

What if I am the vet (and I want a free tonk), and my son (family member) also wants a tonk.  Is there any way for him, as a Family Member to get the benefit on his own, unique account?  Or is it one (choose) per account with the IDMe tag?

 

I believe yes, it's only going to allow one benefit per "person".  So you cannot get multiple accounts with benefits form the same linked person.  But separate persons should be fine.  I'll have to try to see if my son can do it.  Not sure how that Id process goes though.



DomoSapien #10 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 21:17

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 14859 battles
  • 1,133
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012

To my knowledge you will both be able to verify separately through ID.me as a military veteran/personnel member and family member. You will need separate ID.me accounts to do it so there is a different ID.me account attached to each Wargaming.net ID.



PanzerXO #11 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 21:18

    Major

  • Players
  • 13255 battles
  • 2,065
  • Member since:
    05-23-2012

View PostGuido1212, on Oct 10 2019 - 15:14, said:

 

I believe yes, it's only going to allow one benefit per "person".  So you cannot get multiple accounts with benefits form the same linked person.  But separate persons should be fine.  I'll have to try to see if my son can do it.  Not sure how that Id process goes though.

 

Does your son have his own IDMe ID? 



PanzerXO #12 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 21:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 13255 battles
  • 2,065
  • Member since:
    05-23-2012

View PostDomoSapien, on Oct 10 2019 - 15:17, said:

To my knowledge you will both be able to verify separately through ID.me as a military veteran/personnel member and family member. You will need separate ID.me accounts to do it so there is a different ID.me account attached to each Wargaming.net ID.

 

Thanks Domo - but it looks like he won't.  I have an IDMe account - but it's the only one for the family. 

 

I'll have to break it to him gently (Muhuhaha - I got one and youuu deeedent!)

 

Still a very cool thing for you all to do! 

 

Semper 


Edited by PanzerXO, Oct 10 2019 - 21:31.


Guido1212 #13 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 21:34

    Community Contributor

  • Players
  • 81554 battles
  • 8,864
  • [GFLC] GFLC
  • Member since:
    06-11-2011

View PostPanzerXO, on Oct 10 2019 - 20:18, said:

 

Does your son have his own IDMe ID? 

 

not sure, should be able to link it via my USAA account, he is on that and in DEERS, so probably?



ThePigSheFlies #14 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 22:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 75714 battles
  • 17,731
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostGuido1212, on Oct 10 2019 - 15:34, said:

 

not sure, should be able to link it via my USAA account, he is on that and in DEERS, so probably?

 

Good luck - I have my own USAA account, linked to my father's service (deceased veteran) - and have never been able to do much with my id.me account in terms of linking it to him or his service as a survivor.

 

(I had id.me account as a former student and former government employee - so all of my 'ids' are 'inactive' )



PanzerXO #15 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 22:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 13255 battles
  • 2,065
  • Member since:
    05-23-2012
Note - may have to restart client for the reward to show up 

maddogatc #16 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 22:27

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 32184 battles
  • 597
  • Member since:
    07-01-2011

To bad us Canadians, who proudly serve or served our country's military, who are also members of the NA server, are being completely left out. While our military is not large it has participated in direct action in conflicts such as WW1 1914-1918, WW2 1939-1945, Korean War 1950-1953, Congo Crisis 1960-1963, Persian Gulf War 1990-1991, Somali Civil War 1992-1995, Bosnian War 1992-1995, Kosovo War 1998-1999, International Force for East Timor 1999-2000, Afghanistan War 2001-2014, Libyan Civil War 2011, Military Intervention Against the Islamic State of Iraq and Levant 2014-present. Also the Canadian Military has served in numerous UN Peace Keeping and disaster relief operations since the UN was created in 1945. Canada is currently an active member of NATO and NORAD and still routinely intercepts Russian aircraft probing North American airspace, the most recent interception being Aug 9, 2019 when the RCAF and USAF intercepted two Russian TU-95 Bears just north of Canada and Alaska.

 

I guess anyone outside the US is not worthy of recognition.......Shame on you Wargaming!



Sink_Stuff #17 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 22:34

    Captain

  • Players
  • 15532 battles
  • 1,516
  • Member since:
    04-10-2011

View Postmaddogatc, on Oct 10 2019 - 21:27, said:

To bad us Canadians, who proudly serve or served our country's military, who are also members of the NA server, are being completely left out. While our military is not large it has participated in direct action in conflicts such as WW1 1914-1918, WW2 1939-1945, Korean War 1950-1953, Congo Crisis 1960-1963, Persian Gulf War 1990-1991, Somali Civil War 1992-1995, Bosnian War 1992-1995, Kosovo War 1998-1999, International Force for East Timor 1999-2000, Afghanistan War 2001-2014, Libyan Civil War 2011, Military Intervention Against the Islamic State of Iraq and Levant 2014-present. Also the Canadian Military has served in numerous UN Peace Keeping and disaster relief operations since the UN was created in 1945. Canada is currently an active member of NATO and NORAD and still routinely intercepts Russian aircraft probing North American airspace, the most recent interception being Aug 9, 2019 when the RCAF and USAF intercepted two Russian TU-95 Bears just north of Canada and Alaska.

 

I guess anyone outside the US is not worthy of recognition.......Shame on you Wargaming!

 

Cool your jets man. If you read all the posts you would know that they are already thinking of expanding the system for veterans of other military services. However, the entire system is new and needs to be tested and tweaked for a while before they expand it. They didn't specifically exclude you. It's just that it will take a lot more time to include you.



crasta #18 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 22:35

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 7603 battles
  • 377
  • Member since:
    05-22-2015

Me Grandad was captured by the Italians. He escaped that POW camp only to be captured by the Germans. The old guys never talked about their experiences but I know their life was hard under the Germans.

Could the mods help us with Brexit on behalf of all the British Vets?



crasta #19 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 22:40

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 7603 battles
  • 377
  • Member since:
    05-22-2015

View Postmaddogatc, on Oct 10 2019 - 16:27, said:

To bad us Canadians, who proudly serve or served our country's military, who are also members of the NA server, are being completely left out. While our military is not large it has participated in direct action in conflicts such as WW1 1914-1918, WW2 1939-1945, Korean War 1950-1953, Congo Crisis 1960-1963, Persian Gulf War 1990-1991, Somali Civil War 1992-1995, Bosnian War 1992-1995, Kosovo War 1998-1999, International Force for East Timor 1999-2000, Afghanistan War 2001-2014, Libyan Civil War 2011, Military Intervention Against the Islamic State of Iraq and Levant 2014-present. Also the Canadian Military has served in numerous UN Peace Keeping and disaster relief operations since the UN was created in 1945. Canada is currently an active member of NATO and NORAD and still routinely intercepts Russian aircraft probing North American airspace, the most recent interception being Aug 9, 2019 when the RCAF and USAF intercepted two Russian TU-95 Bears just north of Canada and Alaska.

 

I guess anyone outside the US is not worthy of recognition.......Shame on you Wargaming!

 

 

 I agree.



maddogatc #20 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 23:37

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 32184 battles
  • 597
  • Member since:
    07-01-2011

View PostSink_Stuff, on Oct 10 2019 - 16:34, said:

 

Cool your jets man. If you read all the posts you would know that they are already thinking of expanding the system for veterans of other military services. However, the entire system is new and needs to be tested and tweaked for a while before they expand it. They didn't specifically exclude you. It's just that it will take a lot more time to include you.


Where are these post's? Maybe you can kindly direct me to them. Been playing since 2011 and the only recognition I've ever seen towards serving military or veterans is towards the US members. This is the NA sever not the US server. If they want to start a new recognition program it should include all North American members, not just a select few. Again, WOT NA HQ thinking that nobody lives outside the US border.






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users