Suggestion for Service Member recognition

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

N_I_G_H_T__F_U_R_Y_ #1 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 22:01

Private

• Players
  • 21785 battles
  • [SHAQ] SHAQ
I love the idea you are recognizing vets and giving them neat lil novel things like a low tier tank and camos, but i think it would be cool if it could be further expanded upon with maybe a Special display badge to display their branch of service in battle

Sink_Stuff #2 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 22:15

Captain

• Players
  • 16014 battles

View PostN_I_G_H_T__F_U_R_Y_, on Oct 10 2019 - 21:01, said:

I love the idea you are recognizing vets and giving them neat lil novel things like a low tier tank and camos, but i think it would be cool if it could be further expanded upon with maybe a Special display badge to display their branch of service in battle

I understand the sentiment for this idea, however the in game badges that you see on a player in game are meant to be able to show to other players in game achievements that you have done. This lets others know, without XVM, that you have done things in this game. Some of the badges are hard to earn and I think they should be kept this way. 

However, the dog tags that they implemented would be a good place for them to be able to show your military service or what branch you want to support or show on your dog tag. 

But I think the badges only representing in game achievements should stay this way, only showing what a player has done in game. 

Edited by Sink_Stuff, Oct 10 2019 - 22:15.

Ironmike11B #3 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 22:59

Major

• Players
  • 31924 battles

View PostSink_Stuff, on Oct 10 2019 - 15:15, said:

I understand the sentiment for this idea, however the in game badges that you see on a player in game are meant to be able to show to other players in game achievements that you have done. This lets others know, without XVM, that you have done things in this game. Some of the badges are hard to earn and I think they should be kept this way. 

However, the dog tags that they implemented would be a good place for them to be able to show your military service or what branch you want to support or show on your dog tag. 

But I think the badges only representing in game achievements should stay this way, only showing what a player has done in game. 

Some of the badges are hard to get. Some can be outright bought. The rest are moderately difficult to get. A badge for military members would not be confused for those. The dog tags are one of the more annoying things that WG has done and IMO should be removed from the game or at least be given the option to be turned off.

Slone #4 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 23:11

Captain

• Players
  • 20260 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

I thank everyone who serves their community/nation in any way, great or small.

Anyone in the military who served in combat deserves the highest praise, and it is impossible to do too much for them or give them too much.

But if your military service consisted of being a fry cook at Ft Dix, you're nothing but a glorified mailman and you deserve no more praise or additional benefits than said mailman.

IMHO

An_old_slow_guy #5 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 00:36

Captain

• Players
  • 63478 battles
  • [ELVIS] ELVIS
Fry cooks in the military go through basic training, annual PFTs, rifle qualification, guard duty, and overseas deployments - pretty sure the mailman doesn't do that.  In some battles in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam, all hands including cooks were tasked with being infantrymen - something again the mailman never did.  Not to mention in the first Gulf War one of the largest number of killed/wounded events occurred when a piece of SCUD hit a mess tent. So vets, regardless of their job or MOS,  put at risk their lives - the mailman - well he risks getting bitten by a dog. 

Edited by An_old_slow_guy, Oct 11 2019 - 00:40.

Ironmike11B #6 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 00:42

Major

• Players
  • 31924 battles

View PostAn_old_slow_guy, on Oct 10 2019 - 17:36, said:

Fry cooks in the military go through basic training, annual PFTs, rifle qualification, guard duty, and overseas deployments - pretty sure the mailman doesn't do that.  In some battles in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam, all hands including cooks were tasked with being infantrymen - something again the mailman never did.  Not to mention in the first Gulf War one of the largest number of killed/wounded events occurred when a piece of SCUD hit a mess tent. So vets, regardless of their job or MOS,  put at risk their lives - the mailman - well he risks getting bitten by a dog. 

We both know this, but people who use their own picture as an avatar may not grasp such a simple thing.

_Kradok_ #7 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 00:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 33615 battles

View PostSlone, on Oct 10 2019 - 17:11, said:

Anyone in the military who served in combat deserves the highest praise, and it is impossible to do too much for them or give them too much.

But if your military service consisted of being a fry cook at Ft Dix, you're nothing but a glorified mailman and you deserve no more praise or additional benefits than said mailman.

IMHO

You look pretty small next to a mailman right about now, too.  Just saying...   Truth be told you should check yourself.

Slone #8 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 02:17

Captain

• Players
  • 20260 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View PostSlone, on Oct 10 2019 - 17:11, said:

... fry cook at Ft Dix ...

View PostAn_old_slow_guy, on Oct 10 2019 - 18:36, said:

... overseas deployments ... 

I thought Ft Dix was in New Jersey, I didn't realize Jersey was overseas. 

_Kradok_ #9 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 02:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 33615 battles

View PostSlone, on Oct 10 2019 - 20:17, said:

I thought Ft Dix was in New Jersey, I didn't realize Jersey was overseas. 

Doubling down only makes you look worse....  damn dude.

Ironmike11B #10 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 02:37

Major

• Players
  • 31924 battles

View Post_Kradok_, on Oct 10 2019 - 19:29, said:

Doubling down only makes you look worse....  damn dude.

It's usually hard for someone already on rock bottom to sink lower, but some people are persistent.

CowgoesMOO_ #11 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 03:18

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 721 battles

View PostSlone, on Oct 10 2019 - 23:11, said:

IMHO

Yea, you clearly never served or you wouldn't be this stupid. Although there is a chance you're 1 of the army/marines that fits the stereotypes of being a complete moron, so don't be mad you couldn't hack it in the military.

Overseas deployments? I guess all troops overseas just eat MREs for breakfast, lunch and dinner all the time, even when on an established base.

I hope to God that profile picture isn't of you IRL because you do fit the sterotype of looking like a wanna-be 'New Yoka'/"Jousy Shore' d**che.

Edited by CowgoesMOO_, Oct 12 2019 - 03:20.

01LT #12 Posted Oct 17 2019 - 06:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36361 battles

Its a game vets need no more recognition in this game than the teen that works at McDonalds  being a fry cook. Nor should that get any discount or special items in game. there money is no more better than the mentioned fry cook. once again its a game we pay to play or play for free. and my dollar is still a dollar as is any vets dollar.

Its a game.

_Kradok_ #13 Posted Oct 17 2019 - 13:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 33615 battles

View Post01LT, on Oct 17 2019 - 00:44, said:

Its a game vets need no more recognition in this game than the teen that works at McDonalds  being a fry cook. Nor should that get any discount or special items in game. there money is no more better than the mentioned fry cook. once again its a game we pay to play or play for free. and my dollar is still a dollar as is any vets dollar.

Its a game.

Yes, it IS a game.  One's service doesn't have to be recognized... it's just a NICE thing to do.  Why disparage that?  Why try to crap on a gift given?  If they gave this to people in the medical industry, I'd say "great job" rather than insult their sacrifices (THIS is a Goddamn game, the sacrifices aren't - whether they matter to YOU is irrelevant).  

What's wrong with giving a SMALL nod to those who sacrificed so much?  Where's the evil in that?  or are you just pissy because you didn't get your free stuff?  NOBODY is disparaging you, or your 'dollar'... they're recognizing another group, and you (and other short-minded people) can't simply be happy for that, but have to scream discrimination.

The gesture is small, the meaning behind the gesture points out the 1% of us that serve(d), and THANKS us for that.  If they find another 1% group that I'm NOT part of, I hope they reward them, too... The difference is - I won't be a whining sphincter and will salute them.  

If you can't separate any of that in your own brain, I'd suggest dumping the crap you've filled your skull with and try to add in something of actual substance.  

BTW - for the ability for you to sit smugly at your computer being jealous.....  the military complex as a whole say "You're welcome.  You sit and type, we'll fight.  We got you"...  And we have for over 250 years.

CowgoesMOO_ #14 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 04:50

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 721 battles

View Post_Kradok_, on Oct 17 2019 - 13:26, said:

Yes, it IS a game.  One's service doesn't have to be recognized... it's just a NICE thing to do.  Why disparage that?  Why try to crap on a gift given?  If they gave this to people in the medical industry, I'd say "great job" rather than insult their sacrifices (THIS is a Goddamn game, the sacrifices aren't - whether they matter to YOU is irrelevant).  

What's wrong with giving a SMALL nod to those who sacrificed so much?  Where's the evil in that?  or are you just pissy because you didn't get your free stuff?  NOBODY is disparaging you, or your 'dollar'... they're recognizing another group, and you (and other short-minded people) can't simply be happy for that, but have to scream discrimination.

The gesture is small, the meaning behind the gesture points out the 1% of us that serve(d), and THANKS us for that.  If they find another 1% group that I'm NOT part of, I hope they reward them, too... The difference is - I won't be a whining sphincter and will salute them.  

If you can't separate any of that in your own brain, I'd suggest dumping the crap you've filled your skull with and try to add in something of actual substance.  

BTW - for the ability for you to sit smugly at your computer being jealous.....  the military complex as a whole say "You're welcome.  You sit and type, we'll fight.  We got you"...  And we have for over 250 years.

Hes bitter he didnt get past MEPS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users