Other Tank Games?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Warador #1 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 23:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8248 battles

Is there another online tank or war game that can be played?

No matter how many videos, I watch, or how many tutorials I watch, I can't get past my crappy win rate or win8 or whatever.

So, since this majority of you WOT players consider me a tomato, and that I suck and should quit the game.

Is there another war game to play. Not the first person, pew pew shooter, but something with tanks and stuff.

I use to play Battlefield 1942, with a mod called Forgotten Hope on Wolf's server. I was a decent player and had a lot of fun. Too me, this was the pinnacle in war gaming.

Really, this game, buying premiums, losing over and over again is not fun. I didn't have to worry about my win or losing streak, it wasn't the same. Frankly, how are you really suppose to compete stat wise with someone who has 50k plus battles, who thinks you suck and should leave the server. I've seen some of you with 100k games and really you complain about how people suck...really???

Although, I have tried to improve and my WIN8 is very slowly going up, it is not enough to withstand the vast majority of haters I see in the forums. Frankly, since WOT screwed the German tank line, I am more than happy to pack up and take my money elsewhere?

Just don't know where? I like online battle gaming, don't know what games are out there?

Insanefriend #2 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 23:48

Captain

• Players
  • 46757 battles
Not every one on the forums are haters, I'd say at most 20% are.  They just spend a lot of time lurking around the forums which is the problem.  I'd suggest find someone to coach you rather then watch videos or read as it can help a lot more then either of those two.  Since once you master game mechanics you still need to learn to read the flow of the battle on the minimap.

3BAC #3 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 23:48

Major

• Players
  • 67909 battles
It took me over 9,000 battles before I figured out I wasn't doing that great. I've am around 54% W/R now and about 2K win8. You're ahead of me in figuring out you need to improve. Just keep plugging and you'll figure it out. The most important thing is to have fun while you're figuring it out.

Ndtm #4 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 23:55

Major

• Players
  • 17694 battles

View PostWarador, on Oct 10 2019 - 23:43, said:

Really, this game, buying premiums, losing over and over again is not fun. I didn't have to worry about my win or losing streak, it wasn't the same. Frankly, how are you really suppose to compete stat wise with someone who has 50k plus battles, who thinks you suck and should leave the server. I've seen some of you with 100k games and really you complain about how people suck...really???

Battle count doesn't really matter when it comes to stats, normally it could be seen as "more battles = more experience = better" but not really, there are good and bad from a few hundred battles to the tens or hundreds of thousands of games.. especially with the whole rerolling thing where players decide to create another account or reset (one time thing) their account to start "fresh" and really, even if you've got the playtime it doesn't matter in terms of skill if you haven't wanted to learn how to get better in the first place.

And as for the vocal minority that you can find in pretty much every online game telling people to quit, just ignore them, there is no point in humoring them

Atragon #5 Posted Oct 10 2019 - 23:56

Major

• Players
  • 43969 battles
  • [A-O-G] A-O-G

Maybe put up a replay or two so someone can critique your game play.

Concentrate on playing the good meta tanks like I did and still do.

wotguru.com is a good start to learn the game

Ex. - when I first started, I played the PZ4 with L70 for quite a few games. I just had fun and did my best. Someone asked me to platoon and I had no idea how to join or start a platoon at that time. He asked how did I get a 56% wr wo platooning. I had no idea what winrate was until he showed me how to check it. I really today wish he hadn't shown me or complimented me because thats when I started caring about my wr as I was just having a blast.

So grab that good meta tank and go out and have fun and concentrate on game play wo worrying about your winrate and turn off allowing players to message you after battle and even during game.

Edited by Atragon, Oct 11 2019 - 00:05.

JakeTheMystic #6 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 00:48

Major

• Players
  • 24982 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

War Thunder is the other big tank game out there, but they also have ships and planes implemented into the same game. 

Planetside is FTP in Steam, it's more FPS based but once you level up enough you could spawn in with just tanks or aircraft and fight from there. I actually really like this game, its just a bit of a grind at first. 

Battlefield V - I'm sure you've heard of it, another FPS, but you can get tanks quite often and its actually really good despite what most people say about the politics surrounding some of the devs decisions. If you don't care about female soldiers too much, then its really not a problem. 

Other games that I don't personally like, but you might:

Armored Warfare - Kind of dead servers, was really popular for a short while. Not sure if its still around but its worth looking at, more modern setting. 

Crossout - Not really tanks, servers are kinda dead, but you build your own tank/car and fight other people's builds. Kind of interesting if you're into that. 

Other than that, there aren't many tank-focused games out there, at least ones that aren't cheap. IL-2 games have some mods where you can play as tanks, but they don't really work well and you won't find people in multiplayer doing tanks as its a flight-sim. 

WaywardChild #7 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 14:55

Captain

• Players
  • 38878 battles
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
Learn on one account and don't spend any/much money on it. Pick a Russian line of the flavor vehicle you like. Play different Countries, play for fun and education. Play 10k games, then reroll and play the vehicle(s) that you found you liked and are good with. Better stats. Or, forget stats. Enjoy blowing stuff up and Ef the baggers.....

Warador #8 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 20:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8248 battles
Thank you everyone for your replies!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users