Clan Spotlight WG NA

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

thegreat101 #1 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 00:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30846 battles
  • [MAD-] MAD-

Alright, With WG doing more towards Clan spotlights recently, and i hope they continue to do! I think that WG should host a fight, WG vs Spotlight. Even if WG gets hit bigtime and loses, 1 gets the spotlight clan reconized, and 2 gives the Comunity somthing fun to watch! Now your guys choice on who you want to play in the spotlight, if it be NA or even EU staff, it does not matter. just as long as we have a nice WG, vs Spotlight match to watch. i think it would be fun!

Now to throw a curve ball into the mix. WG all gets sheriff accounts with all the perks, and the Spotlight clan is to do with what they have. So mabye we get to see WG with 15 279(e) on himmil. haha! You can even host bets to who the winner may be of each match, and give gold/camo's to the community. Somthing to get the clans name out and encourage the community to want to be apart!

Any thoughts?

Edited by thegreat101, Oct 11 2019 - 00:31.

JakeTheMystic #2 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 00:42

Major

• Players
  • 25015 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

>Not even sheriff accounts have every tank in the game, as they don't have personal campaign or seasonal campaign tanks. WG would probably use the excuse that it's just not possible to make an account with those tanks as they are rewarded, not bought. 

>WG should be working on things more important than to be wasting their time playing in a tournament against some spotlight clan.

>If WG really wanted us to watch something interesting, they would just bring back WGLeague, but they never will. 

The idea of spotlight clans on it's own is dumb. It's just an excuse for people to get their hands on an account with every premium just for them to abuse it. Every time they hand out accounts, people are accused of rigging battles to give their friends or clannies gold and the rest of the time they suicide to prevent others from getting gold. Sure, some use the accounts legitly and its not a large enough group of people rigging for action to be taken against it, but they don't need to give out accounts in the first place. 

I would rather see WG elect more people interesting in becoming deputies, CCs or anyone of the sort. Make it a somewhat thorough application process, those with previous histories abusing accounts would be excluded. More people who are able to actively play on the account would be better than giving out 100 accounts to a clan where only 30% are actually going to use the accounts and 5% of them (if not more) abuse it. How many CCs do we actually have on the NA, 7 or 8? As far as deputies, they only hand out temporary accounts a few times a year. They need a lot more dedicated and trusted players on those accounts, not some randos. 

thegreat101 #3 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 00:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30846 battles
  • [MAD-] MAD-

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Oct 11 2019 - 00:42, said:

The idea of spotlight clans on it's own is dumb. It's just an excuse for people to get their hands on an account with every premium just for them to abuse it. Every time they hand out accounts, people are accused of rigging battles to give their friends or clannies gold and the rest of the time they suicide to prevent others from getting gold. Sure, some use the accounts legitly and its not a large enough group of people rigging for action to be taken against it, but they don't need to give out accounts in the first place. 

People dont want the Clan spotlight to get a "temp" sheriff account, they want it to be reconized. 

>WG should be working on things more important than to be wasting their time playing in a tournament against some spotlight clan.

WG highers Comunity staff for a reason, to deal with public stuff. Taking 1 hour out of their day to have fun will not hurt anyone.

WGLNA failed because this is an RNG based game, while some skill is involved, Luck of the RNG is a huge factor. you cant have a competivtive and Clame you're the best when you can "by a 10%chance" 1 shot your enemy

>Not even sheriff accounts have every tank in the game, as they don't have personal campaign or seasonal campaign tanks. WG would probably use the excuse that it's just not possible to make an account with those tanks as they are rewarded, not bought. 

WG makes the Accounts, they can Add reward tanks to theirs just for this purpose...

Edited by thegreat101, Oct 11 2019 - 01:41.

JakeTheMystic #4 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 02:41

Major

• Players
  • 25015 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View Postthegreat101, on Oct 10 2019 - 14:57, said:

People dont want the Clan spotlight to get a "temp" sheriff account, they want it to be reconized. 

They can be recognized as a deputy as well? The only difference between a deputy and a sheriff is the tag, you can even rename the account once you get it so I don't see you're argument here. Both are temp accounts anyway, that's why I said they should designate more people as CC's or permanent deputies. 

thegreat101 #5 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 05:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30846 battles
  • [MAD-] MAD-

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Oct 11 2019 - 02:41, said:

They can be recognized as a deputy as well? The only difference between a deputy and a sheriff is the tag, you can even rename the account once you get it so I don't see you're argument here. Both are temp accounts anyway, that's why I said they should designate more people as CC's or permanent deputies. 

What does the account have to do with the Clan Spotlight? They dont do Permant because can you imagine the gold that would be given out. That could also encourage just as much rigging as anything else. Your arguement of more CC has nothing to do with Clan spotlight. They are completely different. I dont see your arugment here?? WG has already anounced they are going to be adding more CC. 

Edited by thegreat101, Oct 11 2019 - 05:38.

JakeTheMystic #6 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 07:22

Major

• Players
  • 25015 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View Postthegreat101, on Oct 10 2019 - 19:31, said:

What does the account have to do with the Clan Spotlight? They dont do Permant because can you imagine the gold that would be given out. That could also encourage just as much rigging as anything else. Your arguement of more CC has nothing to do with Clan spotlight. They are completely different. I dont see your arugment here?? WG has already anounced they are going to be adding more CC. 

CC's have permanent Sheriff accounts they can play at any time, you just need to be a popular enough streamer or youtuber to get one, they have 80+ accounts in the tag alone, 40 belong to players and 4-5 are WG staff. Looking at how many are active, only 15 of those have been played in the last week (the most played being Claus) with half of those people playing under 10 battles.

My entire point is; If WG gave out more accounts like these to TRUSTED, ACTIVE, players, then there wouldn't be a need for clan spotlight at all. As I said, Clan Spotlights only end up giving temp accounts to mostly inactive players with higher probabilities of them abusing the account. If they had an application process (instead of just throwing accounts at people they deem worthy, even inactive) the entire issue of people not seeing Sheriff/deputy/spotlight players would be resolved.

If you even comprehended my first post, Clan Spotlight is dumb when 99% of all clans on the NA aren't even competitive, less then 200 are even attempting clan wars with only 60-70 of them playing the whole way through, even then, only 20-30 are even playing daily to semi-daily. They are basically handing spotlights to the same top 20 clans and saying "good job, you are still playing our dying game." 

thegreat101 #7 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 00:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30846 battles
  • [MAD-] MAD-
Thats not the point of Clan spotlight, the accounts are not the point, its the clan's name getting out lol. the point you are trying to prove is different from clans, Clan play has nothing to do with CC... Competitive vs Causual

Edited by thegreat101, Oct 12 2019 - 00:40.

thegreat101 #8 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 00:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30846 battles
  • [MAD-] MAD-

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Oct 11 2019 - 07:22, said:

"good job, you are still playing our dying game." 

btw if you want to be a CC... thats not the way to do it

JakeTheMystic #9 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 01:46

Major

• Players
  • 25015 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View Postthegreat101, on Oct 11 2019 - 14:41, said:

I haven't supported a lot of decisions by WG in these recent years, starting with revisions to clan wars, removal of tournaments (and the poor reincarnation of said tournaments), along with various mechanic changes, and lack of needed buffs/nerfs that are put aside by more mechanic changes. 

In the past I was accused of being a "white knight", supporting most of WGs decisions, but at this point it's just a dying game to me and many of my friends I've made over the years. 

I've haven't wanted to be a CC ever since the incident with one getting punished for voicing opinions against WG, effectively being silenced for having an opinion. No sir, that's not the life for me. What I do want, is to see more people out there that could fill that spot. Not just streamers with thousands of followers, but maybe even the little guys out there with the interest and dedication to actually play consistently on the account they were given. I had the chance to play on a sheriff account a few months back, it was neat, but now I basically own every tank except for a few of the exceptionally rare. 

View Postthegreat101, on Oct 10 2019 - 14:30, said:

Now to throw a curve ball into the mix. WG all gets sheriff accounts with all the perks, and the Spotlight clan is to do with what they have. 

My entire focus has been on that statement. I could care less about what clan gets the "spotlight" since pretty much nobody cares unless you're part of the clan in said spotlight. It means nothing more than 20 seconds of fame before the community entirely forgets that you even existed. Seemingly nobody else cares either since nobody else has even bothered to respond to this thread. 

Want to be known? Get your clan in the top 15. If not that, then beat one of the top 3 and get you're 30 seconds of fame in the Citadel discord. I can say that with confidence since everything blew up when we beat a said top clan on Abby with a meme strat and everyone started flipping tables (I was calling for CUBE at the time)

thegreat101 #10 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 07:58

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30846 battles
  • [MAD-] MAD-

I didn't ask for your entire WoT story, I'm here to make a suggestion. CC has nothing to do with spotlight and I'll say it again, different.... Clans are not for all.... you say the game is dieing yet you bash every suggestion somone gives for the sake of an argument. I'd say more but I'm afraid you might report me for name shame, so I'll stop right here, best of luck to you

JakeTheMystic #11 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 10:02

Major

• Players
  • 25015 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

If you don't like opinions then why even bother posting on the forums. I post here for discussions, not to just argue for the sake of arguing. You made a suggestion and I added onto that, is that not how a conversation is supposed to work?

It's not like the topic is beans and we end up discussing dog breeds, at least here it was relevant. 

For someone who can't hold a discussion in Discord, at least you took time out of your day to respond to me on the forums. Thanks. 

Edge_of_Insanity #12 Posted Oct 13 2019 - 15:35

Captain

• Players
  • 22226 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View Postthegreat101, on Oct 11 2019 - 18:41, said:

Lol he wont EVER be a CC.

darkonakuma #13 Posted Oct 13 2019 - 20:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 16526 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostEdge_of_Insanity, on Oct 13 2019 - 09:35, said:

Lol he wont EVER be a CC.

Hey now... Don't be crushing peoples DREAMS!

Also tagged with Clan, Spotlight, WG, NA

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users