Replays crashing.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Avalon304 #1 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 03:47

Major

• Players
  • 23443 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
Whenever I try to double click on a reply the game starts to load then crashes out before ever reaching the battle. When I drag and drop a replay onto the WoT exe it launches just fine. Anyone else experiencing this?

Pipinghot #2 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 04:20

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostAvalon304, on Oct 10 2019 - 21:47, said:

Whenever I try to double click on a reply the game starts to load then crashes out before ever reaching the battle. When I drag and drop a replay onto the WoT exe it launches just fine. Anyone else experiencing this?

When you look at the File Associations in your Windows configuration, what file is configured to run WoT replays?

Avalon304 #3 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 04:22

Major

• Players
  • 23443 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostPipinghot, on Oct 10 2019 - 20:20, said:

When you look at the File Associations in your Windows configuration, what file is configured to run WoT replays?

The game launches to the loading screen and then crashes when I double click them, so the file association is fine. But if I drag and drop the replay onto the WoT exe it loads just fine.

sahmlockhart #4 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 04:52

Captain

• Players
  • 42882 battles
Aslain is reporting that your cromwell b skin is crashing.... that might be it?

Avalon304 #5 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 04:59

Major

• Players
  • 23443 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View Postsahmlockhart, on Oct 10 2019 - 20:52, said:

Aslain is reporting that your cromwell b skin is crashing.... that might be it?

Nah, the version in his mod pack was out of date,  informed him about it this morning when I was told about it. But again: I can load a replay just fine if I drag it onto the WoT exe. It only crashes when double clicking on the replay. (It also occurs regardless of mods being installed).

Pipinghot #6 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 05:20

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostAvalon304, on Oct 10 2019 - 22:22, said:

View PostPipinghot, on Oct 10 2019 - 20:20, said:

The game launches to the loading screen and then crashes when I double click them, so the file association is fine. But if I drag and drop the replay onto the WoT exe it loads just fine.

That doesn't actually answer the question, and it doesn't necessarily mean that the file association is fine. Your two statement look like they contradict each other, they might not, but they look that way. If you get a different result when you double-click than when you drag and drop, there might be something wrong with the file association, even if it goes to the loading screen.

So... when you look at the File Associations, are the replay files associated with the same wot.exe that you're dragging the file on to, or are they associated with something else (possibly wgc_api.exe).

Avalon304 #7 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 05:53

Major

• Players
  • 23443 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostPipinghot, on Oct 10 2019 - 21:20, said:

That doesn't actually answer the question, and it doesn't necessarily mean that the file association is fine. Your two statement look like they contradict each other, they might not, but they look that way. If you get a different result when you double-click than when you drag and drop, there might be something wrong with the file association, even if it goes to the loading screen.

So... when you look at the File Associations, are the replay files associated with the same wot.exe that you're dragging the file on to, or are they associated with something else (possibly wgc_api.exe).

The game wouldnt actually launch at all if the file association was associated with anything other than the WoT exe. Clicking the file would attempt to launch the exe it is associated with, for instance if it was associated with wgc_api.exe it would just launch the WGC... not the WoT client. (To answer your question: Yes the .wotreplay file is associated with the same exe as the one Im dragging it to, and associating it with either the 32-bit or 64-bit exes in their respective folders changes nothing).

banziduck #8 Posted Oct 14 2019 - 13:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21781 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

I was seeing this issue after update 1.6.1.0#38 what I noticed was my file association was set to WOT Launcher after looking at the file structure of WOT folder after the 1.6.1 update I see there are 2 new directories a Win32 and a Win64 and when I drag the replay over to the exe in the 64 directory because I have a 64 bit system I get the replay to play.  I had to reset my file association to the WorldOfTanks.exe in the win64 folder.  Once I did that I was able to view the replay without having to drag the file to the exe.

Cheers

Kilo_Bravo_346 #9 Posted Oct 14 2019 - 21:46

Private

• -Players-
  • 2898 battles
I had the same problem and my theory is that has to do with file association conflicts. I am running Win 7 so I found the article below with a simple utility to clear the Windows associations (since Windows does not have a clean easy way to do). When you use it you do not have to re-associate the replay files to anything; the WoT install has a default association for the file and it worked immediately after.  Hope this helps. Good luck.

https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/remove-file-type-associations-in-windows-7/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users