Jump to content


New Veterns deal


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Shooter1379 #1 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 04:38

    Private

  • Players
  • 35818 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    07-25-2013
I saw this new deal that wargaming has come out with so since i served during Vietnam conflict i decided to join this new program since there are benfits to the program as they state in the intro . Everything is fine in filling out the questions till they get tp wanting my social security number which raises alot  of red flags as the company is in Russia is it not , so why ask for my social security number as this is a game not a job interview or bank loan or anything requiring my social security number , they also want my permission to let them ask the federal government to request my DD214 which is my record of my miltary service which has sensetive info about your miltary history , something doesn t smell right and especially with all the hacking boing around the world and this info of mine going to another country , nope , i guess i ll just continue playing without the benfits , too many things can go wrong .

Karl__Childers #2 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 04:45

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 13146 battles
  • 782
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014
Asking for SSN is BS, I wonder if it was really something from WGing, sounds more like a scam...

Rena_Dyne #3 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 05:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 8893 battles
  • 4,208
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostShooter1379, on Oct 10 2019 - 19:38, said:

I saw this new deal that wargaming has come out with so since i served during Vietnam conflict i decided to join this new program since there are benfits to the program as they state in the intro . Everything is fine in filling out the questions till they get tp wanting my social security number which raises alot  of red flags as the company is in Russia is it not , so why ask for my social security number as this is a game not a job interview or bank loan or anything requiring my social security number , they also want my permission to let them ask the federal government to request my DD214 which is my record of my miltary service which has sensetive info about your miltary history , something doesn t smell right and especially with all the hacking boing around the world and this info of mine going to another country , nope , i guess i ll just continue playing without the benfits , too many things can go wrong .

 

Never give out your SSN to anything that doesn't directly report to the US government, especially don't give it out to a company you know is based outside of the US {Belaruse, not RUssia}.

 

The DD214 I do understand to verify that you're a veteran and not a "Stolen Valor" to get their discounts and programs that are *Exclusively* for Veterans, but still iffy, personally I'd just say they should require a photo-copy of your military ID or discharge papers, something similar to that to "Gain entry" and "Stop the fakes" but, yeah, iffy as heck and I wouldn't go through with it if I were a vet.

 

It says on their "Verification" thing that you should just be able to show a military ID to verify yourself



PapioTitan #4 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 05:04

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 45497 battles
  • 678
  • Member since:
    12-21-2013
You're right. If you don't feel comfortable with the methods they've provided, don't do it. I got my Thunderbolt tonight without providing an SSN or DD214. 

Garandster #5 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 05:33

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 6134 battles
  • 1,254
  • Member since:
    04-12-2018
WGNA doesn't really handle the info. Your info goes to ID.me to verify your service criteria and then link your profile with your WG profile. I highly doubt ID.me is handing over your SSN, they are just the validation service for WGNA and other companies.

__WarChild__ #6 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 05:53

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 32669 battles
  • 5,914
  • [OPIC] OPIC
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

I filled out the information and received an immediate email that the Feds were on their way and that I should like down on the floor with my pockets emptied and my arms wide open...

 

:ohmy:



Altwar #7 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 06:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 58438 battles
  • 5,311
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View PostGarandster, on Oct 10 2019 - 20:33, said:

WGNA doesn't really handle the info. Your info goes to ID.me to verify your service criteria and then link your profile with your WG profile. I highly doubt ID.me is handing over your SSN, they are just the validation service for WGNA and other companies.

 

Me being the suspicious type (ever since my Nigerian uncle stopped writing to me once I sent that check...:teethhappy:), who is ID.me?  I mean if they are just a validation service for companies, what companies where?   If I give my info, does that mean next week and every week after we'll have a half dozen new people coming into the country with that same ID and name?



HTTR4Life #8 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 06:37

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 34801 battles
  • 156
  • [FMBB] FMBB
  • Member since:
    09-22-2013
I do not know what you where filling out but they only asked for my name and last 4.

ArmiaKrajowa44 #9 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 02:35

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 10661 battles
  • 23
  • Member since:
    05-16-2013

View PostAltwar, on Oct 11 2019 - 05:03, said:

 

Me being the suspicious type (ever since my Nigerian uncle stopped writing to me once I sent that check...:teethhappy:), who is ID.me?  I mean if they are just a validation service for companies, what companies where?   If I give my info, does that mean next week and every week after we'll have a half dozen new people coming into the country with that same ID and name?

 

I had an id.me account for a while now. I use it to log on to the va.gov website, so I am pretty sure it is legit.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users