Shall we play a game? What type of blowout was this? (RESULTS!)

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Poll: Shall we play a game? What type of blowout was this? (RESULTS!) (40 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

What type of Blowout was this?

1. Snowball (7 votes [17.50%])

Percentage of vote: 17.50%

2. Steamroll (33 votes [82.50%])

Percentage of vote: 82.50%

Vote Hide poll

SimplyPzB2 #1 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 07:18

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 106 battles

So WG released the latest patch/update and xvm has not been updated yet.  So I've been playing vanilla the past two days.  Ugg, the humanity.

-

Anyway, had a Skunk today (15-0), fortunately my team was the one that won.  But it presents an opportunity.  What type of blowout was it?

-

There are two types of blowouts.

-

The first type is what is commonly thought of as a blowout.  The "Snowball Blowout".  This occurs when two equal opponents face off and one of them gets an early advantage and it "Snowballs" into a larger and larger advantage - ultimately resulting in a blowout.

-

The second type is the "Steamroll Blowout".  This occurs when one team is way more skilled than the enemy.  They are so much more skilled they simply "Steamroll" over a much much weaker/less experienced enemy - ultimately resulting in a blowout.

-

-

Since I don't have xvm, I have no way of knowing "for sure" if my team was super skilled and facing a much less skilled opponent (Steamroll), or if both teams were equal and my team just got an early advantage (Snowball).

-

-

So what I'm going to do is post the screenshots of the end of the battle, and endplate.  Then let you all guess in the poll above.  In a few days, after xvm has been updated, I'll take a screenshot of the replay (I saved) with xvm turned on and update this topic with the result.

-

-

Enjoy..

-

-

First screenshot is the end of the battle.  Shows where my team was by the time we finished the enemy off.

-

Second screenshot is the end plate.  Shows who did what on each team.

-

Best of luck....  (fyi, I won't vote but I'll put my money on Steamroll)

-

Results...  (coming soon)

-

(Oh, let's try and limit all comments to simply 'your choice', at least until I post the results.  THEN we can dive into the name calling, trolling, tin foil hat conspiracy conversation).

-

-

Spoiler

Edited by SimplyPzB2, Oct 17 2019 - 06:22.

24_inch_pythons #2 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 12:04

Major

• Players
  • 30796 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

That's obviously a steamroll. 

Bad heavies do it every time.

Littleholyterror #3 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 12:16

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13442 battles
  • [W--W] W--W
Adding the video might also help 

golruul #4 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 21:18

Captain

• Players
  • 22222 battles

I'll call it a "4 enemies exited the battle while still alive" type of blowout.

Come on, that's almost 1/3 of the team.  Of course it's going to be a blowout.

Copacetic #5 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 01:49

Captain

• -Players-
  • 48889 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS
who cares

SimplyPzB2 #6 Posted Oct 17 2019 - 06:23

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 106 battles
Results are in.

24cups #7 Posted Oct 17 2019 - 14:54

Major

• Players
  • 24726 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
On another note,  my xvm was updated same day.

NeatoMan #8 Posted Oct 17 2019 - 20:04

Major

• Players
  • 28268 battles

Neither. A blowout is a blowout is a blowout.

Steamroll vs snowball is just made up budhaLogic.

Btw I like how budha didn't tell us his guess, but then miraculously got it right in the end.

ATruk #9 Posted Oct 17 2019 - 20:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 59121 battles
If a team deploys poorly, whose fault is it when they get steamrolled? 

Volcanic_lobster_220 #10 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 04:24

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8826 battles

Steamroll/Blowout, i don't care what you call it, 15-0 is the fault of a team full of super-stupids or "muppets" as Claus would say.

And an Obj 252U Defender with zero damage :D must have gotten disconnected or ammo racked, even a 40%er would've done a few hundred damage.

Wish i could say it's a rare sight to see no one on the team do over a thousand damage, wow.

PanzerXO #11 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 04:58

Major

• Players
  • 13255 battles
Poll is missing "OP is Delusional" option.

Tiikmet_Iidamm #12 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 10:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 31415 battles
  • [COOD] COOD

No, I'll tell you exactly what happened.  I would wager, one or both of the two XVM users on the enemy team, told the team how bad they sucked, that the game was a loss, and demoralized & belittled the team before the 30 second countdown timer was over.  Based on the 0 Dmg done, I'd say it was the Obj 252U for certain.

Negativity at the beginning of battles DOOMS the team.  I see it happen much more often than I would like.  

As an experiment I started chatting one of the following at the start of battles:

• My statistical analysis of this team says, "We can win". Play your tank: scout, snipe, flank, brawl, or spg the heck out of them. gl hf ty
  • Hey! Remember, this team CAN win! Play your tank the best you can: scout, snipe, flank, brawl, or spg the heck out of them. Be a TEAM. glhf
  • Remember, this is a game! We are here to have fun!  Scout, snipe, flank, brawl, or spg the heck out of them! Be a TEAM! Work together! glhf

[Side note:  all of those messages fit inside the 140 character limit of in-game chat,  I copy one Ctrl-C, and Ctrl-V it back into game chat]

My WoT Hall of Fame Winrate Statistics:

Since December 2014:  52.58

Month WinRate%
Jan 2019 56.71
Feb 2019

55.45 *1

Mar 2019 48.58
Apr 2019 51.21
May 2019 52.03
Jun 2019 52.67
Jul 2019 50.73
Aug 2019 56.79 *2
Sep 2019 54.28 *3
Oct 2019 54.05 *3

(Notes:  *1 - Wheeled vehicles were introduced, since I play other light tanks, my performance was negatively impacted; *2 -  Positive messages typed in every game played for the entire month, about 99% of all battles; *3 - Positive messages typed when someone starts spouting off negativity about game being a loss OR when my win rate (for the day) dropped below 50%)

What I would suggest is the following:

• If you have XVM or believe you are a fortune-teller, keep it to yourself.  Face it, if you were that good at predicting results you'd have won billions of dollars in a lottery.
  • Try giving your team positive messages.  Every team can win the game.  Because everyone has the capability to rise up and exceed their "statistical average" play.  If they couldn't, no one's stats would increase, ever.
  • The enemy team, if they have the same fortune-tellers, and they do, could become complacent believing they don't have to play hard to win.  That gives the "underdog" team an opening, and an advantage.  Don't shoot your team in the foot by telling them "it's impossible" because it is NEVER impossible.  This game uses RNG!

Anyway, it's a game.  If you get knocked down, just get up again.

Edited by Tiikmet_Iidamm, Oct 18 2019 - 10:07.

golruul #13 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 21:44

Captain

• Players
  • 22222 battles

Gents, 4 people on the opposing team got 0 xp.  You only get that when you exit the battle before you're destroyed.  Seeing as those people also got 0 damage, they most likely exited shortly after the battle began.

The game was effectively 15 vs 11 from the start.

Anyone trying to use a game where almost a third of your opponents immediately exit the battle as an example of a blowout is a fool and is obviously trying to push some agenda. 

dunniteowl #14 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 22:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

View Postgolruul, on Oct 18 2019 - 14:44, said:

Gents, 4 people on the opposing team got 0 xp.  You only get that when you exit the battle before you're destroyed.  Seeing as those people also got 0 damage, they most likely exited shortly after the battle began.

Anyone trying to use a game where almost a third of your opponents immediately exit the battle as an example of a blowout is a fool and is obviously trying to push some agenda. 

"Oh, they all bailed before the game started."

Seriously?  People get zero damage games ALL THE TIME while they're playing.  Some get exed out by a lucky blind shot.  Sometimes you get a steam rolling and you simply don't have time to do more than realize they're there and then FOCUS FIRE, you're gone.

That sort of stuff happens with a bit of regularity.  But no, your 'go to' logical response is, "They bailed on the team before the game started."

Please don't place onto others your own sort of rationalizing of why it happens as if you know what you mean.  That's just magical thinking there and has no basis in any sort of actual information to that effect.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to ignorance or incompetence.  Malice is a much smaller 'bugaboo' in the human psyche over, say, an over-inflated sense of one's own abilities for example.  Smaller still is malice than the human trait of just being stubborn and unwilling to try new things.  Even so, malice can not out rank that major human bugaboo supreme, confidence misplaced.  Malice has nothing on these things.

Hang in there and maybe try not to be so DOWN on your fellow gamers.  After all, aren't you out there, doing your best?  Why would anyone else be all that different?  If you attribute the worst to your fellow gamers, you will pretty much always play with a disgruntled mindset.  That CAN'T be good for your best level of efforts.

spud_tuber #15 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 23:11

Major

• Players
  • 59924 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Oct 18 2019 - 15:30, said:

"Oh, they all bailed before the game started."

Seriously?  People get zero damage games ALL THE TIME while they're playing.  Some get exed out by a lucky blind shot.  Sometimes you get a steam rolling and you simply don't have time to do more than realize they're there and then FOCUS FIRE, you're gone.

That sort of stuff happens with a bit of regularity.  But no, your 'go to' logical response is, "They bailed on the team before the game started."

Please don't place onto others your own sort of rationalizing of why it happens as if you know what you mean.  That's just magical thinking there and has no basis in any sort of actual information to that effect.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to ignorance or incompetence.  Malice is a much smaller 'bugaboo' in the human psyche over, say, an over-inflated sense of one's own abilities for example.  Smaller still is malice than the human trait of just being stubborn and unwilling to try new things.  Even so, malice can not out rank that major human bugaboo supreme, confidence misplaced.  Malice has nothing on these things.

Hang in there and maybe try not to be so DOWN on your fellow gamers.  After all, aren't you out there, doing your best?  Why would anyone else be all that different?  If you attribute the worst to your fellow gamers, you will pretty much always play with a disgruntled mindset.  That CAN'T be good for your best level of efforts.

You don't get 0XP even for afk play.  0XP only happens if you leave the battle before your tank is destroyed or overturned.  Doesn't mean those 4 deliberately left the battle early. They may have been discoed due to something out of their control.  It is the 0XP that the guy bases his exited before it began claim on as much as the 0 damage.

spud_tuber #16 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 23:14

Major

• Players
  • 59924 battles

View Postgolruul, on Oct 18 2019 - 14:44, said:

Thank you for pointing that out.   I had pretty much missed it because I just didn't look closely at the pics.  And of course, OP didn't provide a replay where this would have been more obvious. 

SimplyPzB2 #17 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 05:28

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 106 battles

View PostNeatoMan, on Oct 17 2019 - 20:04, said:

Neither. A blowout is a blowout is a blowout.

Steamroll vs snowball is just made up budhaLogic.

Btw I like how budha didn't tell us his guess, but then miraculously got it right in the end.

Go read the post again, I state what kind of blowout I think it was...

-

And there is a huge difference between Steamroll and Snowball.  Snowball is based on skill, i.e. a skilled team coalescing as a unit to beat a similar opponent.  Steamroll is based on severe lack of skill of one team, where a very good team just pushes the 'w' key and steamrolls over a bunch of low skill players = Team Sealclubbing.  

SimplyPzB2 #18 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 05:29

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 106 battles

View Postgolruul, on Oct 18 2019 - 21:44, said:

No one left the battle early, sorry, try again...

SimplyPzB2 #19 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 05:33

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 106 battles

View PostTiikmet_Iidamm, on Oct 18 2019 - 10:06, said:

No, I'll tell you exactly what happened.  I would wager, one or both of the two XVM users on the enemy team, told the team how bad they sucked, that the game was a loss, and demoralized & belittled the team before the 30 second countdown timer was over.  Based on the 0 Dmg done, I'd say it was the Obj 252U for certain.

Negativity at the beginning of battles DOOMS the team.  I see it happen much more often than I would like.  

As an experiment I started chatting one of the following at the start of battles:

• My statistical analysis of this team says, "We can win". Play your tank: scout, snipe, flank, brawl, or spg the heck out of them. gl hf ty
  • Hey! Remember, this team CAN win! Play your tank the best you can: scout, snipe, flank, brawl, or spg the heck out of them. Be a TEAM. glhf
  • Remember, this is a game! We are here to have fun!  Scout, snipe, flank, brawl, or spg the heck out of them! Be a TEAM! Work together! glhf

[Side note:  all of those messages fit inside the 140 character limit of in-game chat,  I copy one Ctrl-C, and Ctrl-V it back into game chat]

My WoT Hall of Fame Winrate Statistics:

Since December 2014:  52.58

Month WinRate%
Jan 2019 56.71
Feb 2019

55.45 *1

Mar 2019 48.58
Apr 2019 51.21
May 2019 52.03
Jun 2019 52.67
Jul 2019 50.73
Aug 2019 56.79 *2
Sep 2019 54.28 *3
Oct 2019 54.05 *3

(Notes:  *1 - Wheeled vehicles were introduced, since I play other light tanks, my performance was negatively impacted; *2 -  Positive messages typed in every game played for the entire month, about 99% of all battles; *3 - Positive messages typed when someone starts spouting off negativity about game being a loss OR when my win rate (for the day) dropped below 50%)

What I would suggest is the following:

• If you have XVM or believe you are a fortune-teller, keep it to yourself.  Face it, if you were that good at predicting results you'd have won billions of dollars in a lottery.
  • Try giving your team positive messages.  Every team can win the game.  Because everyone has the capability to rise up and exceed their "statistical average" play.  If they couldn't, no one's stats would increase, ever.
  • The enemy team, if they have the same fortune-tellers, and they do, could become complacent believing they don't have to play hard to win.  That gives the "underdog" team an opening, and an advantage.  Don't shoot your team in the foot by telling them "it's impossible" because it is NEVER impossible.  This game uses RNG!

Anyway, it's a game.  If you get knocked down, just get up again.

Actually, I find spouting off has ZERO effect.  Why?  Because when MM is bending me over, and I tell my team "I've lost the last 5/6, you all stink", sometimes we win that battle, and sometimes we lose that battle.  Because what I 'SAY' has no impact, but the composition of the skill of both teams dictates most of the outcomes.  I can be as negative as possible, but if my team has way more skilled players than the enemy, then we'll still win.  I can be all unicorns and dolphins at the start, but if my team is as red as the sunset versus a very good team, we'll still lose.

-

Team skill composition is the single biggest factor for winning/losing.  Period.

spud_tuber #20 Posted Oct 19 2019 - 05:42

Major

• Players
  • 59924 battles

View PostSimplyPzB2, on Oct 18 2019 - 22:29, said:

No one left the battle early, sorry, try again...

Sorry, but there is no other way to get 0 XP than to exit the battle, regardless of intent, before your tank is destroyed or otherwise incapacitated.   How about sharing the replay? We could at least look at other info about the 0 XPers and maybe tell if they exited early or later.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users