Stingy as ****

Rewards

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

SquishySupreme #1 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 22:49

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3766 battles
This seems the appropriate place to give feedback, but in Warships I get rewards for activities all the time, even on a free account.

Here, I just researched my 80th blueprint.  It had a nice popup congratulating me on it and... NOTHING.  NOTHING AT ALL.  No coupon, no gold, no silver, no blueprint fragments ( which would make sense for this reward ). 

"Thanks for getting this achievement!  Keep playing!" 
NOTHING. Like an employee award at work with nothing attached to it - a piece of worthless paper when what keeps going through your mind is "if they valued me and my time, they would give me a bonus or a raise."

STINGY AS ****. 

Insanefriend #2 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 22:56

Major

• Players
  • 47636 battles
I get coupons all the time, they tend to go unused as there isn't anything I'm willing to spend cash on.  

Edited by Insanefriend, Oct 11 2019 - 23:03.

SquishySupreme #3 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 23:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3766 battles
Stil, the point of congratulating you for an in-game trophy or achievement and then giving you nothing but a pat on the back...

All other games give you something for major milestones ( whatever they happen to be ).

Markd73 #4 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 23:10

Major

• Players
  • 32843 battles
Complaining about not getting enough free stuff. Gotta love the forums.

Ironmike11B #5 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 23:10

Major

• Players
  • 31934 battles

View PostSquishySupreme, on Oct 11 2019 - 15:49, said:

Like an employee award at work with nothing attached to it - a piece of worthless paper when what keeps going through your mind is "if they valued me and my time, they would give me a bonus or a raise."

An employee is shown that they are valued by being paid. If they perform above and beyond, then, yes, they get an bonus or raise.

You literally did what you're supposed to do when playing a game. You progressed. Wow. Kudos.

SquishySupreme #6 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 23:13

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3766 battles
The difference is when I play Warships and hit a milestone, I get actual loot and things in my account.  Same company.  A nice popup and stuff for my ships.  

In Tanks I get... a glass of water and a pat on the back.

HOTA_CHATON #7 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 23:20

Major

• Players
  • 13756 battles
  • [PPSAG] PPSAG

View PostSquishySupreme, on Oct 11 2019 - 15:49, said:

This seems the appropriate place to give feedback, but in Warships I get rewards for activities all the time, even on a free account.

Here, I just researched my 80th blueprint.  It had a nice popup congratulating me on it and... NOTHING.  NOTHING AT ALL.  No coupon, no gold, no silver, no blueprint fragments ( which would make sense for this reward ). 

NOTHING. Like an employee award at work with nothing attached to it - a piece of worthless paper when what keeps going through your mind is "if they valued me and my time, they would give me a bonus or a raise."

STINGY AS ****. 

War Gaming should take a page outta another tanks games play book and reward it's player base more often.  It would help the game out.

Dhizi #8 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 23:20

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5429 battles

The economy of both games is drastically different.

Although made by the same company, the comparison isn't particularly there.

Ironmike11B #9 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 23:24

Major

• Players
  • 31934 battles

View PostSquishySupreme, on Oct 11 2019 - 16:13, said:

The difference is when I play Warships and hit a milestone, I get actual loot and things in my account.  Same company.  A nice popup and stuff for my ships.  

The entitlement is strong with this one.....

bad_73 #10 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 23:40

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1574 battles

View PostDhizi, on Oct 11 2019 - 23:20, said:

The economy of both games is drastically different.

Although made by the same company, the comparison isn't particularly there.

And that is because unlike wot,wows has struggled from the beginning.We had our day and now its a lingering death with wg scrimping the last pennies.

dave_292 #11 Posted Oct 11 2019 - 23:47

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 29201 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
 Mark a tank and get a coupon.

ArmorStorm #12 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 00:01

Major

• Players
  • 37714 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

Remember the good old days when the reward for playing a game was...HAVING FUN PLAYING TYE GAME?

I guess everyone feels entitled to everything nowadays. 

dunniteowl #13 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 00:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

First of all, I wouldn't call getting 80 blue print fragments an achievement, milestone or even an accomplishment.  They are randomly dropped and awarded.  Even though they say, "Award for Merit," there is nothing meritorious about it, similar to the working principle of meritocracy -- very few of those at the top of the meritocratic system merit being there.  Now in this case, the MfA is exactly what you described in being 'congratulated' by WG on collecting 80 BPFs, an 'atta boy.'

I got notices when I reached X number of battles, saying pretty much the same thing.  No award.  No gift.  No other thing than letting me know where I was.

Why would this be any different?

I don't know about WoWs, though I'd imagine you didn't get a new ship and docking slip for reaching your 15,000th game, did you?  

Now, if WoWs awards you for just being there and playing you have to wonder WHY ...

A)  Why does WoWs do it and not WoT?

B)  Why doesn't WoT do it and WoWs does?

My supposition is this:  Less people overall play WoWs and thus, more incentives to play and stay are introduced.  On the other side of the coin, WoT has a very high population overall relative to WoWs and thus, feels no need to provide more free stuff than they already do -- which, when you stop and consider it a moment, is fairly considerable.

In five years of playing I have been gifted by WG at least 40 garage slots.  I have been gifted with at least 12 Premium tanks that are (or were) permanent Non-Rental units.  I have been awarded at least another 8 Premium tanks as well for completing events and missions.  I have lost count of the number of Consumables, Personal Reserves, Credits and Gold awards that I've received as well -- all for FREE!

Not to put too fine a point on it, I have also won or been awarded by WG well over two months Premium Time as well.  Camo Skins, Complex Equipment, Bonds, Directives, Crew Books, Blue Print Fragments ( 352 Tank Specific, 250 Universal, 7 US, 3 DE, 2 RU, 1 UK and 30 CZ National BPFs here) and let us not forget that I have at least 4 BIA Zero Skill Crews, Simon Claws, the Winter Girls and a few other Crew members that were ALL FREE!

I'm not seeing anything worth complaining about them being so EDITED cheap.  I'm cheap, too -- I'm an FTPP and all that FREE STUFF is awesome.  So when I don't get some free stuff for some message that is basically a, "Hey, we noticed you reached some point, magical and mythical though it may seem, we decided to call attention to it for some reason -- atta boy!  Thanks for playing Tanks!"  Basically.

The real question at this point, though, is this:  Are you having less fun for the fact that you didn't get some free stuff for collecting some random free stuff?

GL, HF & HSYBF!

OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Oct 12 2019 - 00:09.

Dhizi #14 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 00:24

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5429 battles

View Postbad_73, on Oct 11 2019 - 17:40, said:

And that is because unlike wot,wows has struggled from the beginning.We had our day and now its a lingering death with wg scrimping the last pennies.

Considering warships has a much grander scale in progression due to the length of battles being twice as long as WoT matches (simply due to the speed of naval units and sizes of maps accommodating a much slower pace) I don't think I can ever say World of Warships has ever struggled, it's went through a MUCH faster pace of evolution because they've learned from WoTs growth what may or may not work, and have adapted that to another game.

Warships never struggled. Neither has tanks. The only game that's EVER struggled, and is still kinda..mediocre, is warplanes. Warplanes has always been completely embarrassing compared to Warthunder.

DVK9 #15 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 00:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26218 battles
  • [-TX-] -TX-

Hey I was gifted a POS inplace of my Waffle. That still sticks in my craw when they said it was only a blueprint. 

Then they release a buttocks load of tanks that were only a blueprint.

Hell at least the Ratte had 1 completed mockup.

I want the Ratte with a 40 man crew, 2 firing naval guns and all the rear facing 152 mm guns.

If I cant have my Waffle back then at least make the Ratte.

HAPPYJAX60 #16 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 00:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 38872 battles
  • [PERCH] PERCH
tank rewards, scavenger hunt, nope wot never gives me anything. OP, hit the missions tab once in awhile free stuff all the time.

Projectile_Misfired #17 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 01:53

Major

• Players
  • 38759 battles

Wait a minute!!!!

First said that you hit a milestone and got 

View PostSquishySupreme, on Oct 11 2019 - 21:49, said:

STINGY AS ****. 

And then, you stated that you actually did get 

View PostSquishySupreme, on Oct 11 2019 - 22:13, said:

That looks like "something" to me.

That also seems to me like WG really cares for your well-being. First they give you some "water" in case you got a bit dehydrated rushing to reach that milestone.

AND, they gave you a massage!

I don't know about anyone else, but WG has never given me a massage.

FineousOrlon #18 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 10:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21437 battles

View PostMarkd73, on Oct 11 2019 - 23:10, said:

Complaining about not getting enough free stuff. Gotta love the forums.

What if it works? ;)

Also tagged with Rewards

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users