Why isn't Everything for Sale?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Siege_Engine #1 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 19:41

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11718 battles

I have nothing against "free to play".  Of course not.  That would be silly. 

But it should be openly acknowledged that "Free to Play" is a benefit to the free players.  It has no value to new players or to players who pay. 

For example, why should a new player grind to tier 6 only to be encountered by guys with 35,000 battles, 3 improved equipment, 6 crew skills, running consumables, food, an OP reward tank, stat padding in a platoon, having 10,000,000 credits to spend on gold shells, questionable mods, and so on?   The poor new player is forced to compete on those terms, without any other alternative, not even being allowed to buy their way to competitive tank/crew/equipment?  Why is that? 

We all know that payments toward the game support the free players.  And, that's fine.  Nothing wrong with that.  Not everyone can afford to play. 

Vulcan_Spectre #2 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 19:46

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5012 battles
  • [TCM] TCM
Rarity, if the e25 is rare (and good) you'll want to get it when it goes on sale, even if it's expensive

I_QQ_4_U #3 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 19:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 22904 battles

View PostVulcan_Spectre, on Oct 12 2019 - 19:46, said:

Rarity, if the e25 is rare (and good) you'll want to get it when it goes on sale, even if it's expensive

Don't think he's talking about tanks, it's everything else. And the reason probably would be that it would create an even worse situation like what he describes since as it is now you have to at least earn reward tanks and bonds.

Hellsfog #4 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 19:56

Major

• Players
  • 38278 battles

View PostSiege_Engine, on Oct 12 2019 - 13:41, said:

But it should be openly acknowledged that "Free to Play" is a benefit to the free players.  It has no value to new players or to players who pay. 

For example, why should a new player grind to tier 6 only to be encountered by guys with 35,000 battles, 3 improved equipment, 6 crew skills, running consumables, food, an OP reward tank, stat padding in a platoon, having 10,000,000 credits to spend on gold shells, questionable mods, and so on?   The poor new player is forced to compete on those terms, without any other alternative, not even being allowed to buy their way to competitive tank/crew/equipment?  Why is that? 

We all know that payments toward the game support the free players.  And, that's fine.  Nothing wrong with that.  Not everyone can afford to play. 

Has that ever happened? No? 

nuclearguy931 #5 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 19:57

Major

• Players
  • 82067 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

The OP is off target here.

As he said, a new player, why should they have the same as what some player who has played 35,000 games? By virtue of doing that, grinding, they have built up what they have, crews, skills/perks, credits, equipment and so on, it's something that the new player will eventually get if they do what the 'seasoned' player has done. If it was as he wanted, re-rolls would be even more detrimental to the game. 

And one more thing, there's lots of players with 35,000+ games that have always been 'free to play' players, there have been lots of giveaways over the years of free tanks, equipment and even gold from events that they have received for playing.

BEASTY_BUCKEYE #6 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 20:00

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 37658 battles

View PostSiege_Engine, on Oct 12 2019 - 12:41, said:

I see your point. But is does not matter what the new player buys. It won't make a difference. He is out skilled. Lacking game knowledge is what is holding him back not the equipment.

Siege_Engine #7 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 20:06

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11718 battles

View PostBEASTY_BUCKEYE, on Oct 12 2019 - 20:00, said:

I see your point. But is does not matter what the new player buys. It won't make a difference. He is out skilled. Lacking game knowledge is what is holding him back not the equipment.

Dude, upvote on your post.  No argument.  Only asking why a new player is blocked from competing with the same equipment, even if he's willing to buy it? 

__Worm__ #8 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 20:06

Major

• Players
  • 34924 battles

View PostBEASTY_BUCKEYE, on Oct 12 2019 - 12:00, said:

^^This^^

+1

Siege_Engine #9 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 20:11

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11718 battles

View Post__Worm__, on Oct 12 2019 - 20:06, said:

^^This^^

+1

See my positive reply, above.  Not claiming that a player should be able to buy knowledge.  That's the exclusive property of a player with 45,000 battles.  No argument on that point! 

GeorgePreddy #10 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 20:14

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

The highest tier opponent a guy in a tier 6 will see is a tier 8.

Which tier 8 REWARD tank, unavailable ever for money, are you concerned about ??

Siege_Engine #11 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 20:16

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11718 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Oct 12 2019 - 20:14, said:

The highest tier opponent a guy in a tier 6 will see is a tier 8.

Which tier 8 REWARD tank, unavailable ever for money, are you concerned about ??

Wow.  You got me there!   Good one! 

On the other hand, I'm not concerned.  Where did I say that I was "concerned"?   What about every other point? 

Edited by Siege_Engine, Oct 12 2019 - 20:19.

GeorgePreddy #12 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 20:17

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostSiege_Engine, on Oct 12 2019 - 15:41, said:

Not everyone can afford to play. 

What do you mean by this ?  Anyone with the use of a low to moderate level computer and internet connection can afford to play this game.

GeorgePreddy #13 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 20:18

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostSiege_Engine, on Oct 12 2019 - 16:16, said:

Wow.  You got me there!   Good one! 

On the other hand, I'm not concerned.  Where did I say that I was "concerned"? 

If you're not concerned (at least for OTHERS), what is your point in posting ?

Siege_Engine #14 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 20:21

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11718 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Oct 12 2019 - 20:18, said:

If you're not concerned (at least for OTHERS), what is your point in posting ?

Good point.  I've edited my post, above. 

Garandster #15 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 20:26

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6134 battles

No. Rewards tanks and bond equipment should not be available for purchase with money. That's some EA level BS. Even given the same tank/equipment/etc. they will lose based on the disparity of game knowledge, and tbh almost no one is really running full bond equipment and super high skilled crews at lower tiers.

If someone ground out everything, bonds, crews, etc. to get what they have it's far less offensive then if someone just bought everything out right. I never as a new player was like this is unfair that someone has more than me because they spent more time playing and if you can't use what you put time into grinding what is the point of grinding?

BEASTY_BUCKEYE #16 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 20:37

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 37658 battles

View PostSiege_Engine, on Oct 12 2019 - 13:06, said:

Dude, upvote on your post.  No argument.  Only asking why a new player is blocked from competing with the same equipment, even if he's willing to buy it? 

So your saying WG should make bond purchasable for real money? Is that what your saying. Because the improved equipment is really not worth the bonds. That's why a lot of us have stockpiles of them. And no where to spend them. As far as crews go, they can use the crew books and have good crews in no time. I just don't see the point your trying to make. The new player really is not at a disadvantage other then knowledge.

Siege_Engine #17 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 20:49

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11718 battles

View PostBEASTY_BUCKEYE, on Oct 12 2019 - 20:37, said:

So your saying WG should make bond purchasable for real money? Is that what your saying. Because the improved equipment is really not worth the bonds. That's why a lot of us have stockpiles of them. And no where to spend them. As far as crews go, they can use the crew books and have good crews in no time. I just don't see the point your trying to make. The new player really is not at a disadvantage other then knowledge.

Then there should be no threat to the knowledgeable players.  All good. 

GeorgePreddy #18 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 20:51

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostSiege_Engine, on Oct 12 2019 - 15:41, said:

For example, why should a new player grind to tier 6 only to be encountered by guys with:

35,000 battles                          I'm sorry, but I don't know how WG could ever package and sell what some players have learned in 35k battles.

3 improved equipment       WG, so far has not outright sold improved equipment, but it is very easy to obtain... Homefront recently offered 2 pieces, and spending gold was a huge aid in acquiring them... I spent 0 gold and got 1 of them. Also, bonds are easily obtained in Frontlines, especially if you spend money or gold for some good premium tanks to run in FL.  Your mythical tier 6 guy could buy 4 prem 8s and win bonds with them. 4k bonds were recently winnable very easily in Steel Hunter using WoT provided tanks.

6 crew skills        You're dead wrong here.  Crew books are for sale and you can have a 9 skill crew from day one if you are willing to spend a bundle for hundreds of them... a 6 skill crew is passe' now.

running consumables, food      All consumables, including food are for sale for cash or cash bought credits.

an OP reward tank      Like I pointed out in my reply #10 below, reward tanks are not an issue for your mythical tier 6 guy.

stat padding in a platoon     Should WG disallow platooning in WoT ?   If not, what is your fix for platoons ?

having 10,000,000 credits to spend on gold shell       Anyone can buy 10,000,000 credits, or 100,000,000 credits, or a billion credits... what's the problem ?

questionable mods   Legal mods, "questionable" or not, are free and available to anyone who wants them.   Illegal mods are... illegal... and therefore are outside the realm of this discussion.

The poor new player is forced to compete on those terms, without any other alternative, not even being allowed to buy their way to competitive tank/crew/equipment?  Why is that? I believe I fairly well answered most, if not all of your items about this, yes ?

"What about every other point?"   You asked me in your reply #11. 

Siege_Engine #19 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 20:57

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11718 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Oct 12 2019 - 20:51, said:

"What about every other point?"   You asked me in your reply #11. 

All of that is encapsulated in your reply of this ....

Homefront recently offered 2 pieces, and spending gold was a huge aid in acquiring them... I spent 0 gold and got 1 of them. Also, bonds are easily obtained in Frontlines, especially if you spend money or gold for some good premium tanks to run in FL.  Your mythical tier 6 guy could buy 4 prem 8s and win bonds with them.

GRINDING

Your response is to GRIND MORE

Please re-read my original post. 

yruputin #20 Posted Oct 12 2019 - 21:13

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 31057 battles
  • [HOR] HOR

View PostSiege_Engine, on Oct 12 2019 - 19:41, said:

it definitely appeals to the lemon squeezers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users