Tournament No Shows

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Byracki #1 Posted Oct 13 2019 - 18:07

Captain

• Players
  • 33458 battles

To me it makes more sense if a player does not ready up for the first round, they auto-lose all future battles in a tournament.

It makes no sense they give away points to everyone in the early rounds, then join for the last couple rounds and cost others those points.

Yes, this just cost me a 1st place finish.

Midwinter_Apathy #2 Posted Oct 13 2019 - 18:21

Captain

• Players
  • 53445 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

View PostByracki, on Oct 13 2019 - 19:07, said:

To me it makes more sense if a player does not ready up for the first round, they auto-lose all future battles in a tournament.

It makes no sense they give away points to everyone in the early rounds, then join for the last couple rounds and cost others those points.

No. Terrible idea.

Also you losing a game (or maybe two) cost you the 1st place. 

Byracki #3 Posted Oct 13 2019 - 18:28

Captain

• Players
  • 33458 battles

View Post_Ayreon_, on Oct 13 2019 - 17:21, said:

Also you losing a game (or maybe two) cost you the 1st place. 

It was a very tight bracket with all good players

1st ended with 12

3-way tie 2nds all ended with 9 (I was here)

1st loss came from someone else tied for 2nd place and 2nd loss came from the guy in DEAD LAST place that came back for ONE battle just to beat me. He gave free +3 to all others in the bracket.

I beat the 1st placer in first round, if I got the same free +3 everyone else did, that is my first place.

I find it dumb EVERYONE ELSE gets a free +3

Edited by Byracki, Oct 13 2019 - 18:29.

Pipinghot #4 Posted Oct 13 2019 - 20:22

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostByracki, on Oct 13 2019 - 12:07, said:

This only makes sense if it's a single-elimination tournament. Since it's not a single-elimination tournament then missing battles does not eliminate them.

View PostByracki, on Oct 13 2019 - 12:07, said:

No, what cost you a 1st place finish was losing a fight.

ElfMagi2 #5 Posted Oct 13 2019 - 20:36

Captain

• Players
  • 60826 battles
  • [AIMED] AIMED

On a side note:

I dislike all the no-shows for the simple fact that it is boring sitting for a hour to get tech vics. 

Only 1 player showed in my bracket. We played 1st and happen to draw not realizing that we would tie for 1st place.

Yes I get the rewards but I play for the competition as well.

Currently there is no competitive modes in this game for the early player.

I wish they bring Team Battles back or open up Stronghold at noon EDT on the weekends.

siberian_HEAT #6 Posted Oct 16 2019 - 15:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 30688 battles

View PostElfMagi2, on Oct 13 2019 - 19:36, said:

On a side note:

I dislike all the no-shows for the simple fact that it is boring sitting for a hour to get tech vics. 

Only 1 player showed in my bracket. We played 1st and happen to draw not realizing that we would tie for 1st place.

I was probably a no-show, though I have NO IDEA how to figure this out. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious; this is the second or third tournament I've joined, but still haven't figured out how to actually get into battle. I signed up for the October tournament weeks ago (from the Codes-R-Us link), clicked the link on the WOT website and it said "confirm". I see the tournament missions in my inventory, but the special battle symbol never lights up (I had to search the forums to confirm this button is what I need to click). I check every day, at multiple times. There is no posted schedule for when the tournament happens...is there a schedule? If there is, why isn't it right on the tournament missions? All it says is to do the missions in the month of October. It could easily say "show up at 8pm est time every odd Tuesday" or at the very least point a link to the actual schedule. 

Been playing this game for 8 years, and this is like a black hole for me. If you're cursing my name when I don't show up, I've honestly tried to get there. If lots of other people are missing from the brackets, I'd wager it's because they don't even know it's happening.

ElfMagi2 #7 Posted Oct 16 2019 - 15:50

Captain

• Players
  • 60826 battles
  • [AIMED] AIMED

View Postsiberian_HEAT, on Oct 16 2019 - 09:03, said:

I was probably a no-show, though I have NO IDEA how to figure this out. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious; this is the second or third tournament I've joined, but still haven't figured out how to actually get into battle. I signed up for the October tournament weeks ago (from the Codes-R-Us link), clicked the link on the WOT website and it said "confirm". I see the tournament missions in my inventory, but the special battle symbol never lights up (I had to search the forums to confirm this button is what I need to click). I check every day, at multiple times. There is no posted schedule for when the tournament happens...is there a schedule? If there is, why isn't it right on the tournament missions? All it says is to do the missions in the month of October. It could easily say "show up at 8pm est time every odd Tuesday" or at the very least point a link to the actual schedule. 

Been playing this game for 8 years, and this is like a black hole for me. If you're cursing my name when I don't show up, I've honestly tried to get there. If lots of other people are missing from the brackets, I'd wager it's because they don't even know it's happening.

Entering the code for Tournament Missions does not enter you into the tournaments.

You must enter each tournament separately. 

https://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/

Each tournament is at different times, require different tanks, and different number of players on your team.

Once your team is filled the Captain still has to confirm the team to be entered.

'Special Battles' will appear about 10 mins before the battle is scheduled to start.

You must click on it and enter the battle you are wanting to fight in (usually only 1 unless your clan has CW at the same time. Then there may be many battles to choose from)

Once in the battle room you must move yourself from the left side to the right side and ready the appropriate tank.

siberian_HEAT #8 Posted Oct 16 2019 - 16:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 30688 battles

View PostElfMagi2, on Oct 16 2019 - 14:50, said:

Entering the code for Tournament Missions does not enter you into the tournaments.

You must enter each tournament separately. 

https://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/

Each tournament is at different times, require different tanks, and different number of players on your team.

Once your team is filled the Captain still has to confirm the team to be entered.

'Special Battles' will appear about 10 mins before the battle is scheduled to start.

You must click on it and enter the battle you are wanting to fight in (usually only 1 unless your clan has CW at the same time. Then there may be many battles to choose from)

Once in the battle room you must move yourself from the left side to the right side and ready the appropriate tank.

Thank you! This is so helpful. Now I get it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users